π–πˆπ‹πƒ πŒπ”π’π“π€ππ†π’ - closed - see new poll

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

due to an unexpected hiatus, this has died and i'm very very sorry, should i try and remake it?

yes i'll return!
29%
i'll join if it's remade
71%
no thanks, not interested anymore
No votes

Total votes : 14

π–πˆπ‹πƒ πŒπ”π’π“π€ππ†π’ - closed - see new poll

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:15 am

════// 𝑻𝑯𝑰𝑺 𝑰𝑺 𝑢𝑼𝑹 //══════════
══════════════════════════
──────────────────────────────
𝑫𝑰𝑺π‘ͺ𝑼𝑺𝑺𝑰𝑢𝑡 𝑻𝑯𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑫 xβ―‡β€’β―ˆx π‘ͺ𝑯𝑨𝑹𝑨π‘ͺ𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑢𝑹𝑴𝑺
──────────────────────────────

the wild west. the last frontier. it's called many things and many wild
animals call this land their home, but there's only one that stands out.

the mustang.

wild horses have roamed these lands for countless generations and will
continue to do so for many more to come. humans and predators have
thinned the herds, but they will always prevail.... or will they?
Last edited by azhefa. on Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:16 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 ππ‹πŽπ“
──────────────────────────────────────────────

this is just a normal, plain old mustang rp. they live in the wild open lands of nevada and can be from all over the western
united states such as colorado, wyoming, or even as far as montana. these wild horses have a tough life and must survive
severe weather like thunderstorms, droughts, and even wildfires. they also must survive predators and the humans which
want to round them all up every year and steal them away from their families and home to sell them to the highest bidder.

basically, you must survive as a wild mustang and do your best to evade both predators and humans.
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐔𝐋𝐄𝐒

1. follow all site/rp rules, should be common sense.

2. please put all forms in the forms thread and all chat goes in the discussions thread.

3. remove all signatures when posting both here and in forms, to do so uncheck the highlighted box shown here
      before you post. if you continue to post with a signature, you will get 4 warnings before you're kicked out.

4. all literacies are welcome, but please write more than just a few lines.

5. this may be a relaxed rp, but please check your grammar and spelling, it's hard to understand when half the post
      is misspelled or contains bad grammar.

6. all reserves/wip forms last 48 hours, pm me if you need more time.

7. no blood/gore/intense romance, fade it out. you will be reported should you go too far.

8. no cursing, it's site rules.

9. mustangs only! you may have a secondary breed mixed in such as mustang/warmblood or mustang/arabian, but
      all horses must primarily be mustangs, which also means horses will be a max of 16 hands tall.

10. all horses must have age appropriate images! this means foals should have foal pictures, they can be changed
      once the foal turns a year-old.

11. as for lgbtq+, horses are not 'gay' in the same sense that humans are. they can only display homosexual behaviors
      such as affection, courtship, and parenting with a partner of the same gender. there will be absolutely NO FADING
      with same gender partners. if they can't breed then there's no need to do it.

12. please read all the info provided, it will help in getting to know horse behavior if you don't already.

13. all horses start as loners, herds are created through rping only.

14. your mares can not be in the same herd as your stallion, it's the same as having your own mate. you can however
      have up to two mares in the same herd of which you don't play the stallion or a lieutenant stallion.

15. if you still have questions and can't find the answer in the info, feel free to ask!
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:37 am, edited 10 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:17 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 πˆππ…πŽπ‘πŒπ€π“πˆπŽπ

xxxroles explained;

lead stallion the head stallion of a herd. he is the one who rounds up mare into a herd and keeps them there by defending them from predators or challenging bachelors. a lead stallion doesn't choose his lead mare so he must go with whomever his herd has decided and get along well enough with her to keep the herd safe and a cohesive unit. the lead stallion will often move his herd via snaking if the herd is in danger or needs to be moved quickly from one place or another and he is always at the rear of the herd.

lieutenant stallion often the son or brother to the lead stallion who is either younger or weaker than the lead stallion. there can be up to 2 lieutenant stallions in a herd since too many stallions in a herd can cause fights and the breakup of a herd. these extra stallions are kept around to help protect the herd often during times of high foal deaths caused by a surplus in predator numbers. since the extra stallions area always related to the lead stallion and share genetics, the extra stallions are often allowed to breed the mares of the herd after the lead stallion has already made his rounds. since the lead stallion covers them first, there's a higher chance the foals will be his, but there is still a chance the mare will not catch until later when a lieutenant stallion covers her.

lead mare the head mare of a herd who is in charge of where the herd goes and who gets to stay in the herd. if a lead mare doesn't like the mare her stallion has brought into the herd, she has the power to shun the mare and keep her away from the herd. the rest of the herd will follow their lead mare anywhere since the lead mare is often the oldest and wisest mare in the herd. she isn't picked by the lead stallion and is instead picked by herself and the other mares in the herd. being the oldest and wisest in the herd, she is naturally the most dominant mare and will push her way to the top if joining a new herd.

herd mare a mare who has joined a stallion's herd, they make up the bulk of the herd. they have their own lesser hierarchy within the herd similar to that of a social ladder that decends from the lead mare all the way down to the lowest mare. each mare has her own rank of dominance and they often scuffle with new mares who joined the herd as they try to figure out where they now rank in the herd.

herd foals the babies of a herd. they are often sired by the lead stallion unless a mare was brought into the herd already pregnant or a bachelor was able to sneak in and cover a mare before the lead stallion could. ages can range from newborn to up to 2-years-old for related foals. foals who are related to the lead stallion are often kicked from the herd at the age of two when they become mature enough to breed to prevent inbreeding. fillies who are not related to the lead stallion are often kept around so they can be become another breeding mare.

-----

bachelors the lone stallions of aldaera that roam either alone or with gangs of other lone stallions. most bachelors are young sons that have been kicked from their family groups to prevent them from breeding with their sire's mares. they can range in age from only 2-years to over 20-years depending on the stallion's health. most older bachelors tend to go off on their own and win over some lone mares to create his own family herd. it's hard for a stallion to keep a herd of mares since bachelors will gang up on younger lead stallions to steal their mares.

lone mares as their name suggests, they are the lone mares that roam aldaera either alone or in pairs. they tend to avoid larger groups to deter bachelors from attacking and trying to claim them. many lone mares are those who were either kicked from their family herd as punishment or had left on their own free will. it's hard for mares to remain alone for long periods, their instincts tell them to join a herd for safety and protection.

lone foals there aren't many lone or orphaned foals wandering around due to the predators that also wander the area, but some foals do survive alone. most of these lone foals are alone because their dam was killed by predators or sickness or was just abandoned. lone fillies are often adopted into the larger herds, but young colts have a tough time finding a place since they aren't as prized. lone colts tend to find their way into a bachelor gang and raised there instead.

xxxother information

reproduction the mare reproductive cycle is pretty straight forward- once pregnant, a mare will carry her foal for 11 months, until full-term, then depart from the herd to give birth. the herd will wait for her to return, generally it only takes a few hours. normally just one foal is born; twins are rare, and if twins are born, it is unlikely that all three horses will survive. mares allow their foals to nurse for up to a year, though generally wean them at about six months when they are able to eat solid food such as grass.

the estrous cycle, or 'heat', occurs roughly every 20-22 days, and lasts for just a few days, at which point they cycle through four stages of heat. during winter, mares do not go into heat at all. after giving birth, a mare will go back into her heat cycle one to two weeks after the birth, allowing her to be covered again. a pregnant mare does not go back into heat until a week after they birth their foal. mares can become very crabby and aggressive during their heat cycle so herd stallions are quick to cover their mares to prevent tensions and drama in a herd. it may take several coverings for a mare to finally 'catch' or become pregnant so stallions often cover their mares several times throughout their heat until it doesn't return proving they are then pregnant.

• stage one - the mare is uninterested and won't allow a stallion to cover her, often kicking should a stallion attempt to court her.
      • stage two - the mare is still pretty uninterested and probably won't breed, though will not protest as much to a stallion's interest.
      • stage three - the mare is growing interested in the stallion, and will probably allow him to cover her.
      • stage four - the mare is very interested in the stallion, and will always accept being covered, no matter who the stallion is, even if it isn't her stallion. most mares are covered before this stage to reduce tensions in a herd.

size horse heights are measured by 'hands' [also 'h' or 'hh'] which are 4 inches per hand and are measured from the ground to their withers, the slight hump at the base of their mane. most horses are around 15 hands while ponies are often 14 hands or below. a hand isn't like a normal 10 point system [ex. .8, .9, 1.0], instead they use a 4 point system where the units go up to only .3 before rolling over to a whole number. there is no such thing as 15.5hh or 15.8hh, there's only 3 decimal points before a whole number. example: 15hh, 15.1hh, 15.2hh, 15.3hh, and then 16hh. larger horses tend to be more dominant than their smaller rivals, but if the horse is too large [ie. a draft horse] then their size turns into a disadvantage.

age in the wild, horses can live up to 25-years depending on several factors such as seasonal weather [such as warmer winters], natural disasters [like droughts or storms], and general resources [if there's enough food or water around]. if there is too many years of poor weather, disasters, or low resources, horses can die at much younger ages. predators can also reflect the health of horse populations, if there are too many predators in the area then the horse population will reflect it.
      stallions have a higher chance of holding onto a herd after the age of 6-years-old and start to loose their strength and hold over herds after the age of 18-years-old. usually when stallions meet, the older stallion is considered more dominant, but after the age of 18-years-old, a stallion that is younger than them will prevail in a challenge. stallions are considered in their 'prime' between the age of 13-18-years-old after which they become weaker.
      mares are the same way where age is tied with dominance. older mares are often above those who are younger since they hold more experience than the youngsters. a lead mare will always be one above the age of 5-years-old when a horse reaches 'social maturity', though it's usually those who are over the age of 10 who hold the lead mare role. mares start to loose fertility after the age of 15 and birthing becomes dangerous after 18.

xxxrank breed glossary [reference guide]

x short hand for 'mix' or 'cross', often used after another breed such as 'mustang x' which means 'mustang mix or cross'

andal short hand for 'andalusian'

anglo short hand for 'anglo-arabian', an arabian/tb mix

app short hand for 'appaloosa'

ar.wb short hand for 'arabian warmblood'

asb short hand for 'american saddlebred'

d.wb short hand for 'dutch warmblood'

frsn short hand for 'friesian'

haf short hand for 'haflinger'

ice short hand for 'icelandic horse'

ish short hand for 'irish sport horse'

k.mus short hand for 'kiger mustang'
      xxxxx
      lip short hand for 'lipizzaner'

lusi short hand for 'lusitano'

mar short hand for 'marwari'

mo short hand for 'morgan'

mus short hand for 'mustang'

pnt short hand for 'paint'

s.mus short hand for 'spanish mustang'

tb short hand for 'thoroughbred'

twh short hand for 'tennessee walking horse'

wb short hand for 'warmblood'

[more will be added as they appear in the ranks below]
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:20 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 π‹πŽππ„π‘π’

xxxxxxxxxx
bachelor stallions & lone colts; [0 stallions & 0 colts]

xxxxβ™‚name - age - breed - user
xxx
xx

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

xxxxxxxxxx
lone fillies & mares w/ foals; [0 mares/0 foals & 0 fillies]

xxx
xx

xxxx♀name - age - breed - user
xxxxx β€· ♀♂name - age - breed - user
Last edited by azhefa. on Sun Dec 25, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 11 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:20 am

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐃𝐒

xxxxxxxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
xxβ™‚name - age - breed - user
lead mare; [0/1]
xx♀name - age - breed - user
xxx β€· ♀♂name - age - breed - user

lieutenant stallions; [0/2]

the herd; [0/--]
xxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
lead mare; [0/1]

the herd; [0/--]
xxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
lead mare; [0/1]

the herd; [0/--]

xxxxxxxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
lead mare; [0/1]

the herd; [0/--]
xxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
lead mare; [0/1]

the herd; [0/--]
xxx
lead stallion; [0/1]
lead mare; [0/1]

the herd; [0/--]

Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:21 am

π‘π„π‹π€π“πˆπŽππ’

xxxxxxxxx
from the past;

by name
xxβ€· [name] out of [dam's name]
by name
by name
xxx
from lead stallions;

by name
by name
by name
xxx
from lieutenant stallions;

by [name]
by [name]
by [name]
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:22 am

𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒
xxxxxx
words words words words words words words words words
roleplay created ;; 06/04
roleplay started ;; 06/--

recaps
none yet
xxxxxxx
words words words words words words words words words
current season ;; early spring [late february]

weather ;; clear skies, light breeze
temperatures ;; high of 70F & low of 30F

major events
none yet
Last edited by azhefa. on Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Mon Jun 07, 2021 6:03 am

𝐖𝐄 𝐀𝐑𝐄 πŽππ„π

if your character is listed in the ranks on the front page,
you have been accepted and can post

if your character is not listed, please wait until they are
before posting as they haven't been accepted yet

** SIDE NOTE **
if it's been more than 24 hours and your horses still aren't listed,
please send me a pm i probably overlooked them!

azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby azhefa. » Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:58 am

╔══╣𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐁𝐔𝐒╠══╗

no nick ● 14 years ● bachelor
mustang/friesian ● black

──────
0 coverings
lead ● mare
mare ● mare
mare ● mare

──────
location; waterhole
tags; open

β•šβ•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•β•
the sound of young foals makes the mass of black turn and the stud sees a few newborns totter over to their dams, something that makes erebus' ears flatten. though he might enjoy his own spawn, this stallion wasn't one to care for blood that wasn't his own. ever since his herd was taken from him during the fall, erebus has been plotting for the spring and how to gain even more mares than he had before. the only downside to being alone in the spring was the fact that mares were foaling and will be protective of their worthless spawn. he was fine with fillies, they can grow to bare his foals along side their mothers, but colts were a nuisance. he despises those from another stallion. cursed little terrors will definitely get in his way of stealing mares, especially since they won't last long once their mothers are his. mares don't take kindly to someone killing their foals, but then again it's not like he needs their love and affection, only their loyalty and obediance. erebus grumbles to himself as he heads to the water for a drink, glaring at a few foals that run around nearby.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

β•”β•β•β•β•£πŠπ˜π‘πŽπ’β• β•β•β•β•—

no nick ● 2 years ● bachelor
mustang mix ● bay tobiano

──────
0 coverings
lead ● mare
mare ● mare
mare ● mare

──────
location; valley [tree]
tags; open

the painted young stud calmly grazes under the shade of a few trees, his tail lazily flicking away flies. unlike the other stallions, kyros wasn't out scouring for mares. he was tired from his travels from a different valley and was more interested in grazing and resting to regain his strength. the sounds of the valley around him were loud and distracting, as was the tantalizing scent of mares in heat. of course he was drawn by the perfume, but he was in no shape to accept any challenges that would surely come if he tries to court a mare. there were many older bachelors out prowling the valley and he wasn't one to get into needless drama. his plans were to go unnoticed by the older stallions and sneak in some coverings while their backs were turned. he was too young to hold a true herd so his only hopes to have foals this year was to be as sneaky and unassuming as possible.

β•”β•β•β•£π•π€π’πˆπ‹πˆπŠπˆβ• β•β•β•—

vasi ● 15 years ● lone mare
mustang/paint ● chestnut tobiano

──────
no herd
heat stage 1
mother of sarra

──────
location; valley
tags; sarra, open

it has been quite a tiresome day and the sun hasn't only just passed it's highest point in the sky. having a foal is the most draining thing for a mare, or perhaps for a horse in general. vasi has only just started gaining back her strength from birthing her filly, who was currently sleeping at her feet as she grazes. the filly was completely clean, but vasi herself was still a bit of a mess. her side was caked in mud and dirt from laying down and her back end was still quite red. though she could easily just walk to the waterhole and get cleaned up, vasi knows there will be stallions around the water and she doesn't feel like dealing with any of them at the moment. so for now she ignores her messy coat and focuses on grazing as well as keeping an eye on the surrounding area. her foal was a great target for predators at the moment and a weakness when it comes to stallions so she remains alert.

╔═══╣𝐒𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀╠═══╗

no nick ● newborn ● vasi's filly
mustang mix ● amber champagne

──────
location; valley
tags; vasi, open

[sleeping beside vasi]

β•”β•β•β•β•£πŠπ„π“πŽβ• β•β•β•β•—

no nick ● 2 hours ● orphan filly
wb/mustang mix ● grulla tovero

──────
location; forest edge
tags; open

after laying on the soiled ground half cleaned, a painted foal starts to try and move. her desire to live outweighing everything else. it takes her almost an hour to finally stagger to her feet, her legs splayed out and trembling as she tries to stay steady. she falls back down multiple times trying to walk her way over to where her mother's body lays, seeking out the nutrient rich colostrum that her weak little body so desperately needs. unfortunately, she's only able to get a few sips of the liquid before it dries up. she totters a little as she makes pitiful sounds to the dark body, trying to rouse her only to be met with silence. the silence stresses the filly and makes her call louder until her new voice is hoarse with overuse. why won't she answer? why won't she feed her? does she not want her anymore? the foal doesn't understand the questions she asks herself, her mind being too new, but she still feels the heartache even if she doesn't understand that either.
azhefa.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me