The Bird Sanctuary | Open & Accepting

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

The Bird Sanctuary | Open & Accepting

Postby State Alchemist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:33 am

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The Bird Sanctuary
Discussion

For generations, the birds of the sanctuary lived happily alongside humans, safe from the dangerous world outside. Up until a year ago. A catastrophic earthquake caused the humans to evacuate, and they had to leave the birds behind. Some perished, but others survived.

The artificial habitats were now open. But the massive dome-shaped aviary still confined them. But now, the birds could freely fly through the different areas, released from their own homes they had spent their lives in.

There was enough food to last most of them two more months, although a lot of it would go stale. Some birds hunted the smaller birds for food, and preyed upon anything that managed to worm it’s way in.

There were territory clashes, birds gathered in flocks. Some of these grudges and groups still hold up today.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by State Alchemist on Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Bird Sanctuary | WIP DNP

Postby State Alchemist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:08 am

Areas

The Wetland Area - A swampy, damp area on the left edge of the sanctuary, made originally for birds from swamps and wetlands. Sometimes frogs can be found hopping around the puddles and patches of water. Mangroves are scattered across the ground, the soil muddied by broken sprinklers that ran themselves dry.

The Forest Area - The largest area of all of them, it's in the center of the sanctuary. It's a mixture of oak and pine, and the trees are so tall the tops grow around the tight mesh that encloses the sanctuary. Mice, squirrels, and other small forest creatures roam the ground and berries grow in the thick under growth.

The Desert Area - A sandy, enclosed area that's always warm. By some miracle, the machinery that regulates the heat and ventilates the habitat still functions, keeping it the perfect temperature for desert-dwelling birds. There's cacti, burrows and the windows that prevented any stray birds from escaping were shattered in the earthquake.

The Seaside Area - A narrow cliff face at the back of the sanctuary drops down into a large, salt-water lake. It's the closest the birds have to the sea, and some fish still swim in the waters despite the vigorous over-hunting that used to take place after the humans first abandoned the sanctuary. Ledges and dents along the cliff face are perfect nests.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby State Alchemist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Rules

- All of the CS Rules apply
- Beginners are absolutely allowed, but please make you sure you understand the very bare bones of how roleplays work. No power playing, god moding, the works. There are very useful guides at the top of the roleplay forums that I recommend checking out if this is one of your first RPs.
- Only bird characters! Any type of bird is fine, though.
- Please post all forms and OOC discussion on the discussion topic.
- I'm not a stickler for you getting the behaviour of your character's species right. However, just make sure you know the basics of the bird, like their diet and any physical limitations. And please don't rag on others for not being accurate. This may be a realistic roleplay, but I still want it to be friendly and open. Just don't give your characters unrealistic abilities or magic powers.
- Please use tags! If you don't know what tags are, they are basically something you put in your post to show who your character is talking to. Eg: If Flower is talking to River, they would put River in their tags like this:
Flower | Female | Owl | Tags: River
It just makes it easier on everyone, and no one will get confused over who's talking to who.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby State Alchemist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Characters

Name | Gender | Species | Username

Roxie | Female | Eastern Osprey | Infinitesimal!
Loki | Male | Bearded Vulture | Infinitesimal!

Pardon | Male | Albino Eagle | m e o w .
Plague | Female | Black Vulture | m e o w .

Orion | Male | Secretary Bird | Little~Zaria
Hedwig | Female | Snowy Owl | Little~Zaria

Jewel | Female | Barn Owl | Lunine

Admiral | Female | Bearded Vulture | Chaotic_Affection

Deavon | Male | Hawk | HappyAlpaca16
Cecilia | Female | Sparrow Hawk | HappyAlpaca16

Clover | Female | Golden Eagle | Birdsforlife
Last edited by State Alchemist on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:51 pm, edited 6 times in total.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Bird Sanctuary | Open & Accepting

Postby State Alchemist » Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:15 pm

Now open.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bin » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:10 am

i'll start if you don't mind.-)
| P A R D O N |
Tags: Plague
Pardon Flew, The desert was filled with nothing but sand.
But A Large Black Vulture await, She had an evil stare.
''Plague!, how Are you?'' Pardon landed staring at the Larger Bird.
''Like always, Bored. Ever sense those humans left I Had no Kids to scare. ''
She lifted a wing.
''Oh, Okay'' Pardon sighed.
Pardon Flew away and caught a Finch flying peacefully.
''Dinner's served.''
internet degen named spoon
sometimes im around

or not, i dont know
they/she/he
bin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:42 am

Orion
Secretary Bird - Male - Five years

A leg struck out as wings flared out keeping his balance. Orion was hunting, a salamander was his prey of choice today. Letting out a croak when a hind claw came down on the back of the salamander's head, killing it. Breakfest is served. Keeping one clawed foot on the salamander, Orion ripped a piece of his food and swallowed it whole. Making sure to keep an eye for any unwanted visitors, like all of his species he had a strong kick which usually deterred challengers. But after the earthquake, he'd gotten acquainted with a whole number of new species.

Hedwig
Snowy Owl - Female - Four years

Sitting on a branch in the forest area was one of her favorite things to do, Hedwig loved to watch the other birds in the sanctuary. With her belly full, she didn't have much to do. Maybe she'd go to her nest? A soft wordless hoot left her before her wings snapped opened and she took to the air. Flying soundlessly threw the air, the black flecked owl watched the creatures from below, heading back to her nest. She wasn't all that tired, but she wasn't in the mood to explore either.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby State Alchemist » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Loki | Male | Bearded Vulture | Location; Desert Area | Tags; Orion
Loki carefully perched on one of the artificial lamps hanging from the under-side of the aviary, careful to keep his feet away from the bulb. Narrowing his eyes, he saw a tall bird... Doing something. He couldn't really be sure from this distance. He spread his wings and flew to the top of a boulder not far behind the stranger, not bothering to be quiet.

He swivelled his head to see the strange bird better. It seemed to be a secretary bird, and perhaps it had just killed something? Loki still couldn't be sure. Well, there seemed to be no harm in talking to them, and besides, it was good to make allies in this dark time.

"Greetings!" He called, straightening himself.

Roxie | Female | Eastern Osprey | Location; Seaside Area | Tags; Open
With a huff, Roxie pulled up from the large lake, water trailing off her claws. She had failed yet again to actually catch one of the fish swimming beneath the water. She wheeled back around, and swooped to a ledge on the cliff. Perching on the stone ledge, she stared into the water, quite tempted to say something foul. No, no! I would not want to offend anyone. Besides, this is my problem and I shall deal it, she thought to herself, watching for the faintest shape of a fish.
State Alchemist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rae'tia » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:31 pm

Orion
Secretary Bird - Male - Five years

He paused momentarily at the sound of wings flapping, but then shrugged it off and continued eating. Orion had just picked up the last remaining piece of the salamander when a voice echoed out around him. Head snapping to the exact location of the origin of the voice. Silently he looked over the other bird, which he quickly identified as a Bearded Vulture one he'd seen around before. Instead of commenting the male swallowed the last of his meal, before returning his gaze to the other predator. "Morning." Orion tilted his head, " Do I know you from somewhere?"

Hedwig
Snowy Owl - Female - Four years

Landing safely in her nest the female sighed, silently marveling at what she'd seen on her way back. There were so many new birds to meet, though she didn't really want to stay here long term it seemed to be the only thing in the cards unless the humans come back. Hedwig shook her head before huddling down in her nest, knowing that despite the fact that it wasn't time to sleep, she was rather tired. Apparently hunting and being excited took a lot out of her.
Rae'tia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♡HappyAlpaca♡ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:23 am

Deavon | Male | Place: Seaside area | Tags: Roxie
Deavon flew down next to another bird. “Hello how are you?” The hawk asked. The bird was an Eastern Osprey. He could just tell somehow. He grasped a fish from the sea with one swift move of his beak.
Last edited by ♡HappyAlpaca♡ on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you are reading this, I probably have decided to leave CS. I apologize to all of the friends I made on here. Have a good life.
From,
HappyAlpaca
♡HappyAlpaca♡

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me