Wolves of Yellowstone (Accepting!)

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Wolves of Yellowstone (Accepting!)

Postby kuregalis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:32 am

The year is 2019. Wolves in Yellowstone are decreasing. Outbreak of canine distemper, mange, and parvo virus spread among those in Yellowstone. Wolves shedding blood contribute to the decline. Packs move out of the park, leaving the ecosystem to shift dramatically. Climate change causes the temperature to fluctuate. Scorching days to freezing nights. Natural disasters nearing the corner. Poachers celebrate in the declining population. Those who think the wolves aren't disappearing fast enough sneak into the park to hunt for trophies. Competition like bears and cougars began to rise steadily while the coyote population begins to climb. Bigger prey also begin repopulating, causing the vegetation to down. The pack is surviving well for themselves despite this but the universe has a bigger plans for them. Soon, their determination to survive and their familial bonds will be put to the test.
Rules:
- All Tess rules apply

- No godmodding or power playing

- I would very much appreciate it if you could type at least four sentences. I myself am not a ten paragraph kind of person so i'm not going to be picky.

- If you are inactive without a single post in the span of three days, your character will either die or be given to someone who can play them. If you need to leave for awhile, pm me and post on the discussion asking if anyone can play your character until you come back. I will pm you on the third day and if you do not reply I will give your character for someone to handle until the week ends. If the week ends and you do not return, I will ask that person to permanently hold your character or put that wolf back inside the circle of life myself. (It will not be their fault if your character dies in the span of time of that week)

- If you want to leave because you feel the rp is getting boring or you just can't make the time for it anymore, pm me and you can choose your wolf's fate, whether you give it away or they are next on death's list. You can always rejoin once you find the time.

- Only one high ranking position per person please! this means if you apply for beta you can't apply for delta or if you apply for alpha you can't apply for beta

- You may have a total of four characters at a time. When one dies, you may make a new one (have the new wolf meet the pack somehow, don't just throw them in and we all pretend they've been there the entire time)

- No super wolves please, wolves aren't invincible. I don't want any 06 imitations.

- All OOC talk and character forums go to the discussion

-No romancing your own character as that is boring but friendships are okay

- Fade to black when needed (make sure nothing is to steamy when in the act of making children and nothing to violent when it comes to gore)

- LGBT+ wolves is fine with me (not to many though, we need pups too)

- No need to ask for my permission in killing or injuring another wolf, but you must ask for the owner's permission and discuss with them (maybe in pm bc we love surprises/pm me if you are unsure if what you are doing is okay though)

- As "admin" of this rp, I reserve the right to kick anyone for a reason befitting kicking
Last edited by kuregalis on Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:58 pm, edited 13 times in total.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Pack

Postby kuregalis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 4:59 am

The Pack

Usually the only breeding pair, the alphas help manage the territory and wolves within. If there is a surplus of food, other wolves may procreate.
Alpha Male: Beorthwulf; played by AGCM
Alpha Female: Aspen; played by SunScratch
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Helps the alpha pair in descion making. Best candidates for alpha and helps reinforce alpha commands throughout the pack.
Beta Male: res
Beta Female: open
Plays the role of scapegoat. Always submits to the other dominant wolves. Protects the pack and provides the much needed strength to hunt. They are good at keeping pack sanity high.
Delta: Acwulf; played by SunScratch
Delta Male: Daemon; played by Wildsight
Delta Female: Luna; played by MyKoolKookie853
Delta: open
Delta: open
The Star reader is very knowledgeable in the path of the stars. Helps determine when the season ends and another begins and can help point out the migrations of the herds
Star Reader: open
Star Reader Apprentice: open
Wound Lickers help tend to injuries that a day of healing cannot help. They diagnose if the injury is treatable or life threatening. They often have to be the ones to tell injured wolves to retire early if what they have cannot be fixed
Wound Licker: open
Wound Licker Apprentice: open
Responsible for watching the boundaries of the territory and warning the pack of danger. Protect and helps guarantee the safety of the pack.
Omega: Rhue; played by AGCM
Omega: Rieka; played by Wildsight
Omega: res
Omega: Danger; played by alpha,
Omega: Chase; played by alpha,
Omega: open
Hunters in training. Their contribution and skill may also determine if they can rise the ranks early
Junior: open
The lifeblood of the pack, the lives of these fragile beings will help determine whether the pack lives, or dies.
Pup: Meadow Bear; played by SunScratch
Pup: open
Last edited by kuregalis on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 20 times in total.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Announcements & Information

Postby kuregalis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:12 am

Season: Day 1 of spring
Weather: Cloudy
Temperature: 85 Fahrenheit/29 Celsius
Time of day: Morning
Event: None
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spring has just come. The mule deer and elk herds return and the river flows once again. Because of the abundance of prey, other females in the pack can now afford to produce pups. Times are lively now that winter has passed.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Seasons" last 5 "days". One "day" is five pages. This will hopefully help people write a lot to propel the story forward. During certain events, days will be pushed farther if necessary. Please try your best to not do a six post back and forth between you and one person as this can affect the days. If you cannot help it, then make sure to check this post for the time of day.
Last edited by kuregalis on Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Territory Information

Postby kuregalis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:00 pm

The pack territory spans twelve kilometers around in a circle. Five kilometers to the north outside pack territory live a small herd of mule deer. Fifteen kilometers to the south the boundary of Yellowstone ends. To the west, a river runs into the pack territory, ending southwest half inside half outside. The pond the river ends in is six meters in diameter and circumference. The pond is thirty-six centimeters deep and has a small water waterfall running into it. The river itself is nine meters where it is deepest and one meter most shallow. To the east lies a medium sized elk herd.

The main encampment is a small clearing of trees. The alphas reside in an abandoned bear burrow while the rest of the pack pick their own sleeping spots for the night. A meter away from the alphas den there is a small hole where any scrap feedings are left buried for further use. During winter, this hole helps aid the pack greatly.
(feel free to make up some of your own locations and don't be afraid to ask me if it's okay ^^)

Prey Inside The Territory
Mule deer A few lone stragglers may wander inside pack territory. This is very uncommon.
Elk - They can be found by themselves. Very uncommon, they only appear when they are lost or have been chased out of the herd
Rabbit or hare - Can be commonly found in burrows underneath tree roots or going from bush to bush in search of food
Squirrel - Found in the treetops, they come down to pick up any fallen nuts
Moles - can uncommonly be found around the edges of the territory underground.
---------------------------------------------
Prey Outside The Territory
Mule deer - Commonly found North of the territory, the mule deer herd consists of around forty during the spring. Their numbers will dwindle to about twenty or fifteen around winter. They migrate farther away
Elk - Common towards the east, the herd is fifty strong. During winter, their numbers go down to about thirty to twenty-five and they migrate farther away.
Bison - A small herd comes southwest of the territory for two weeks before leaving. They are extremely rare to find in any other season.
Moose - Hard to come by, it is said that if a wolf sees a moose, they will make it to spring. If a wolf hunts a moose, their entire pack thrives for the next two seasons.
Big horned sheep - Also very hard to come by, they can be found even farther north in a higher elevation. This animal will usually be used by fledglings to prove their worth to the pack once they come of age.
---------------------------------------------
Food Preserves:
1 Rabbit - 1 feeding left
Last edited by kuregalis on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pack History

Postby kuregalis » Sun Aug 11, 2019 6:45 pm

Pack History
(Any events that happen throughout the roleplay are placed here)
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wolves of Yellowstone (Accepting!)

Postby kuregalis » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:33 pm

Now Open! Please post forums in the discussion, feel free to ask questions!
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Wolves of Yellowstone (Accepting!)

Postby kuregalis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:53 pm

Beorthwulf\Alpha Male/Tags; open
---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
As dawns fingers stretched through the sky, Beorthwulf silently crawled out of his den. The male started his morning off by stretching his spine and legs and let out a big yawn. The alpha greeted the night watchers, letting them turn in to rest for the morning. The male turned around, digging through a mound of dirt before stopping. "Just one rabbit, huh?" the male thought, quickly burying the corpse. He'd say it was an overall good winter. Although they lost a comrade to a buffalo, that was the least amount of casualties the pack has ever seen. The male sighed. He would have preferred it to be zero. Beorthwulf looked towards the sky, the orange rays of dawn pushing back the blue of night. Creating a gorgeous dance of light across the sky. He had an inkling feeling that this spring would be a good one.

Rhue\Omega Female/Tags; open
---------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------
The young female couldn't be bothered to be awake. Dawn? Morning? The first light of day? Time was unimportant to Rhue when sleeping. She only cared to see the light of day if she was on night watch, begging for the rays of the sun to signal her shift ending. A loud snoring could be heard a few meters away from the main encampment. Because of her snoring problem, she often bothered the lighter sleepers of the pack. She didn't mind sleeping far away though as she enjoyed being left alone. Unless it was to be winter, where she sleeps piled on top of others to stay warm.
kuregalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

post one

Postby clemen » Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:03 pm

male ♕ delta ♕ strait ♕ mate: ♕ five an a half ♕ white wolf ♕ loc: waking up ♕ tags: ♕ mentions: beothewulf ♕

the sun was stirring and the clouds drifted across the sky.
birds glided in the air majestically as the sun touched the tip of the bird's
feathers. a male wolf slept in his den along with his comrades. his eye opened
as he stalked out of the den. he glanced over at his alpha
'

wipppp ahhhh
clemen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups