the livestock guardians - ranch dog rp - open!

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

the livestock guardians - ranch dog rp - open!

Postby wolf.skull » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:07 am

For years many ranches have had problems with the wildlife. It’s a constant feud between humans and predators, most commonly wolves and coyotes. These animals often prey on the livestock, attacking the weak, sick, or the young for food. That is nature but the humans also depend on that livestock to make a living as well. That’s why most ranches have livestock guardians. Powerful dogs who’s jobs are to protect the herds from invading wolves, coyotes, and other animals that pose a threat.

This story takes place in rural ranch land, near a small town. The land is huge and bordered with fences. The farmers there have had dogs for many years but they are working dogs, not family pets. Because of some recent losses the farmers have had buy some new dogs to add to their pack to replace the ones lost. Wether you’re new to the job or a seasoned veteran, they bought you to join their team. Only time will tell what fate has planned for the weeks to come.

To get to the discussion thread, click here
Last edited by wolf.skull on Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//

Postby wolf.skull » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:09 am

Rules

roleplay rules
    these must not me broken

Tess’ rules apply
    Respect your fellow roleplayers
    Post at least three lines of text per character
    Don’t godmod or powerplay
    Please make all characters realistic
    Don’t create romances between two or more of your characters
    Make as many characters as you can handle
    Your characters must be full-blooded dogs, I don’t want any half-wolves or half-coyotes etc
    You cannot be a wolf, coyote, etc. This is strictly a dog roleplay
    Please ask for permission before killing/seriously injuring someone else’s character
    Have fun

Note: If I’ve missed any rules or feel I need to change them, I will. All newly added/changed rules will be highlighted in red for one day

guardian rules
    these can be broken to cause drama

Protect the livestock, even at the cost of your life
    Obey your master
    Always come when the master calls
    Never go outside the fence
    Only leave your post when told to do so
    We are not family pets, excpext to be treated as such
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//

Postby wolf.skull » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 am

The pack

Pack leader - Butch - Armenian Gampr - played by radical-carrots
    the oldest dog in the pack. They have been doing the job for the longest and are most equipped for making all the big decisions

Defense dogs -
    these dogs are built like tanks. Their jobs are to stay near the livestock and attack predators that stray too close or get away from the offence dogs
    Berkeley - Broholmer - played by tropicalpeacock
    Bleu - Blue Tick Hound - played by Tigerlilylove101

Offence dogs -
    these dogs are built strong but more agile then the defense dogs. These dogs rush in to attack the intruders before they can get to the livestock
    River - Armenian Gampr - played by radical-carrots
    Redd - Red Tick Hound - played by Tigerlilylove101
    Nimue - Border Collie - played by Shadow~Wolf

: 3
    : 3
    total: 6
Last edited by wolf.skull on Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//

Postby wolf.skull » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:10 am

Relationships

Butch is River's father
Last edited by wolf.skull on Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

//

Postby wolf.skull » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:11 am

Extras

Season: Late spring
    Weather: Sunny, warm
    Livestock: Cows
    Predator activity: Moderate to high. They’re hungry after a long winter. The herd of sheep will be an easy target
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: the livestock guardians - ranch dog rp - open!

Postby wolf.skull » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:21 am

Time of day - Afternoon almost duck, sun is starting to set
Location - clearing closest to the farm house. Where the fence starts.
Weather - nice day, getting cool now

𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐡
( 6 1/2 ) ( male )
( pack leader )
( location: clearing closest to the farm house )
( tags: open )

Butch found himself sitting on the flattened grass beneath him, waiting patiently for the master and his family to feed him and the rest of the pack before they headed out. During the day was a time for the dogs to eat, rest, and even sleep. But during the night the pack was let out to do their duties of protecting the herd of cows while the master and his family went to sleep. The dogs would always return to the farm house in the morning to eat again, and get their wounds tended to if there were any.

River
( 1 almost 2 ) ( female )
( offence dog )

River was quite happy at the moment. She too was waiting to be fed but she was walking around the edges of the fence. She likes when the master's small humans came out to pet her. Although they got mad at her if she tried playing with them. River didn't quite understand just yet why they acted that way.
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigerlilylove101 » Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:43 am

[*]Bleu [*]Male [*]Blue tick hound [*]Defense [*]Tagged:open

Bleu´s tongue lolled out as he drooled. Waiting for food. He loved food. His favorite time of the day was eating in the evening Besides small snack size prey he managed to catch throughout the day they didnt get fed much more. Atleast not enough for him. He took this time to look around at all the other dogs waiting.

[*]Redd [*]Female [*]Red tick hound [*]Offense [*]Tagged:open

Redd didnt eat much. She could have waited for food, but coming to the feeding was mandatory. And it also gave her time to survey all the other dogs on the farm. She was fairly new, and everyday they seemed to be getting at least one more dog.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tigerlilylove101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolf.skull » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:30 am

𝐁𝐮𝐭𝐜𝐡
( 6 1/2 ) ( male )
( pack leader )

The opening of a door suddenly alerted Butch, and the large male turned his head in the direction of the sound. The master and his family had come out of their house and went into the shed where they kept the dog food. Butch watched the human carry a big bucket while the others carries bowls for all the dogs. They set them all out on the ground and filled each bowl to the brim with food. Butch sat up and went over to one and began eating, receiving a couple of pats on the head by the master before he left.

Once fill, Butch sat back down and waited for the rest of the pack to eat, before calling their attention.

River
( 1 almost 2 ) ( female )
( offence dog )

River too heard the sound and instantly wagged her tail. The young female trotted over to the humans first and smiled at them. They pet her a few times and lead her to a bowl of food on the ground. River began chowing down on her food, knowing she was going to need the extra energy for tonight's watch.

After she ate her fill, River want and sat near her father anxiously waiting for him to give speak.
wolf.skull

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigerlilylove101 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:58 am

[*]Bleu [*]Male [*]Blue Tick Hound [*]Defense [*]Tagged: Waiting to hear Butch speak

Bleu ate quickly, scarfing down the food. It didnt taste the best, but he was never picky. He licked his chops and padded over, closer to Butch. He sat and waited, scratching behind his ear every few moments.

[*]Redd [*]Female [*]Red Tick Hound [*]Offense [*]Tagged: Eating

Redd picked at her food slowly. Not eating too much, but she also made sure not to eat too little. She didnt want to worry her masters, when they walked over she greeted them with a tail wag, but not much more. After finishing, she laid down and waited
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Tigerlilylove101

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me