//Don't Fade Away//Wild Horse Rp//Accepting//

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

//Don't Fade Away//Wild Horse Rp//Accepting//

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:00 am

You walked with me, footprints in the sand
And helped me understand where I’m going
You walked with me when I was all alone
With so much I know along the way Then I heard you say

I promise you, I’m always there
When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair
I’ll carry you when you need a friend
You’ll find my footprints in the sand

I see my life flash across the sky
So many times have I been so afraid
And just when I have thought I lost my way
You give me strength to carry on
That’s when I heard you say
When your heart is filled with sorrow and despair
And I’ll carry you when you need a friend

When I’m weary, well, I know you’ll be there
And I can feel you when you say

When your heart is filled with sadness and despair

When your heart is full of sadness and despair
Last edited by Frost Feather on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: WIP//Don't Fade Away//Wild Horse Rp//Accepting//

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:03 am

Wild Horse Facts
A harem, or band/herd, consists of one stallion and a few mares. There is only one stallion in a band, and any colts will be kicked out at two years old. The stallion mates with all the mares during the spring, when they're in heat. Next spring, one year later, they will give birth to one foal, rarely twins. A few days after giving birth they will go into heat again and sometimes a mare will be in heat for the first of summer.

A lone mare is a mare or female yearling that does not belong to a herd, but in the spring there will be very few of these, because stallions fight over mares constantly. Mares are like prized possessions or trophies to a stallion.

A bachelor is a stallion or male yearling that has not yet started a herd of his own. Bachelors will sometimes join together to steal mares from herds or will walk alone, occasionally harassing band stallions until they manage to get a mare of their own.

A band stallion is the one and only stallion in a herd. He steals mares from other bands and mates with all the mares in the spring. He is also the one responsible for protecting his herd against predators and rival stallions. If a band stallion dies, the mares may either split up or the stallion's eldest son may take over the herd.

A lead mare is a mare that is chosen by the lead stallion to lead the herd to watering holes, and also takes the lead when they migrate to the canyon/valley each year in the fall.

A foal is a baby horse of either gender from 0-12 months old.

A yearling is a horse of either gender from the ages 1-3 years. Colts are kicked out at the age of two, and fillies may either leave to find a herd of their own, or stay.

A stallion is a male horse over the age of three years and a mare is a female horse over the age of three years.

Courting is a more gentle way to bring a mare into a herd, or to tell them where to go if a stallion is moving the band to a new location. A stallion will nudge the mare in the direction he wants her to go.

Snaking is a harsh way of getting a mare into a herd, and is how stallions steal mares from other stallions. The band stallion will lower his head and flatten his ears, galloping behind the mare, chasing her into his herd. If a mare is being snaked, there is little she can do to resist the stallion before being forced to go where he wants you to.

If a mare is stolen from another herd, she may sneak back to her old harem if the band stallion has his back turned.

Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:44 am

The Land
The Rocky Grasslands- Just the grasslands, where the horses come to graze. You can probably see why its called 'Rocky', there are lots of tall jagged rocks behind, but either way they do serve as a pretty good hiding place.

The Barren Grassland- Kind of a strange name huh? If its a grassland how can it be barren? Well the plants here are mainly just small unedible bushes, but the horses do come here becuase you can often find the best, cleanest streams here and there often is a bit of grass to nibble around the water sources. Its also called barren because theres a small amount of white sand and maybe even arizona rock on the ground.

The Lake - The largest source of water on this island apart from the ocean surrounding the island which you can't drink from anyways.

The Forest - It's not very large so you're unlikely to get lost in it. It's very pretty and unusually bright for a forest.

Seasons
Each lasts 6 real Days (0/6)

Spring - Mares in heat, stallions fighting constantly over them. Probably the most busy season of the year.[X]

Summer - Mares still in heat, still busy but calmer than spring. [ ]

Autumn - Few Mares still in heat- if so its ending. Horses are much calmer than before, some mares are carrying foals. [ ]

Winter - No more heat, mares giving birth to foals, unless they where bred in summer/early autumn then they will give birth in Spring [ ]
Last edited by Frost Feather on Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:01 am

Rules
All horses start as Lone mares and bachelors. It means that a bachelor, first has to court or snake a mare into his herd, before considered a band stallion.
Keep genders even-ish. If you make one mare also make a stallion, but if you make more than one mare you must have a stallion for every two mares.
You cannot be your own horse's mate, neither can you be in your own herd (Foals are an exeption + perhaps 2 of your mares but ask me first)
Be realistic, realistic colours, also no god-modding or power playing.
You cannot steal a mare from a stallion that is offline unless the mare is away from the herd.
Maximum is 6 mares in a herd, one lead mare, who is the stallion's favourite and 5 subordinate, no more.
Minor cussing is fine, but others you * out
There are no territories, all horses roam the land freely
You can make your own form as long as its detailed enough
Every stallion snakes and courts mares, its their nature and this is realistic. I do not want to see 'He is nice and waits for the mares to come to him'
As many horses as you can handle, don't blame me if your bored because your waiting to continue role playing with someone who is offline
There are no 'mates'. A stallion mates with all his mares in the herd
Fades to black if mating or birthing. Or take it to PM
You cannot kill another's horse unless both parties agree
Mares have to wait one year before having their foals. Ask me before giving birth to twins
Mares don't really have a say in band matters, they can hardly to anything when snaked.
Be active and if something new happens in the herd, let me know so I can update it.
No more than 10 pages without me, also please don't role play 1 x 1 for 5 pages
No chat speak, unless in OOC, also use {}[]()(()) When talking in OOC
If it's a filly it cannot breed until a mare, if its a colt, it can breed at minimum 2 years of age.
Please post at least three sentences, and try to use proper grammar and spelling, I understand writers block but don't use it as an excuse every day.
Oh and please don't start to think that I am really harsh :3 I'm actually quite crazy and random.. yeah XD

The Horses

____'s Herd
Lead Mare:
Mares:
Fillies:
Colts:

____'s Herd
Lead Mare:
Mares:
Fillies:
Colts:

____'s Herd
Lead Mare:
Mares:
Fillies:
Colts:

____'s Herd
Lead Mare:
Mares:
Fillies:
Colts:

Lone Mares: NightRiver, Wild HawkFeather, Isadora, Blue Wings, Bird Song, Twilight's Forever Hold, Falling Snowflakes, Enchanting Whispers, Montgomery Fayne,

Bachelors: Silver Dappled Night, Sunset Hurricane, Comet's That Zoom To Earth, StarBright, Dust in the Wind, Black Revenge, Everlasting Talyn,

Last edited by Frost Feather on Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:11 am, edited 9 times in total.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:37 am

Forms

Code: Select all
[center][color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||FULL NAME HERE||:||[/size][/color]
[img]IMAGE%20HERE[/img]

[img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=The%20Basics&name=angelina.ttf&size=50&style_color=FF9900[/img]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Name||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.FULL NAME HERE.:[/color][/size]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Nicknames||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.NICKNAME HERE.:[/color][/size]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Gender||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.GENDER HERE.:[/color][/size]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Age||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.AGE HERE.:[/color][/size]

[img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=On%20The%20Inside&name=angelina.ttf&size=50&style_color=FF9900[/img]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Personality||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.HERE.:[/color][/size]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||History||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Herd||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.HERE (If A stallion put the names of mares+ foals too).:[/color][/size]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Foals||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Siblings||:||[/size][/color]

[img]http://fontmeme.com/create.php?text=On%20The%20Outside&name=angelina.ttf&size=50&style_color=FF9900[/img]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Breed||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Fur Color||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Markings||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Eye Color||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Hoof Color||:||[/size][/color]

[color=#FF8000][size=125]||:||Mane + Tail Color||:||[/size][/color]
[size=85][color=#808080]:.HERE.:[/color][/size][/center]

Last edited by Frost Feather on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: //Don't Fade Away//Wild Horse Rp//Accepting//

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 am

||:||NightRiver||:||
XXX XXX
XXX

||:||Full Name||:||
:.Night River.:

||:||Nicknames||:||
:.River.:

||:||Gender||:||
:.Mare.:

||:||Age||:||
:.4 years of age.:

||:||Personality||:||
:.NightRiver is a young and a very stubborn mare, she is quite clever for her age and a quick thinker. She can be very responsible if you put her up for something very important. River is a little bit careless and ignorant at times, not when its serious, only if its a fun or neutral day. But that does not make her stupid, she comes up with many ideas at once so theres almost always a different way to escape stallions. You will find that she is a bit impatient sometimes, almost always in a rush, but thats not really a bad thing though right? River does have a very protective side, she can be very loving although its hard to see that side within her.:

||:||History||:||
:.River was born here, on this island. She hasn't had an adventurous past where she crashed on a ship or anything of that sort. She has had an average, lone mare's life most of the years. Even as a filly a few stallions chased after her, but never succeeded in getting her because of her quick thinking process and her cleverness at such a low age. A year ago NightRiver met HawkFeather, they have much in common and are almost like sisters to eachother.Maybe these days, stallions are a bit tougher, maybe just enough to manage to catch her, but who knows?.:

||:||Herd||:||
:.Definitely a lone mare.:

||:||Foals||:||
:. Only just became a mare!.:

||:||Siblings||:||
:.A few half siblings but not closer.:

||:||Breed||:||
:.Pureblood mustang.:

||:||Fur Color||:||
:.Black+White.:

||:||Markings||:||
:.Tobiano.:

||:||Eye Color||:||
:.Deep blue.:

||:||Hoof Color||:||
:.Gray.:

||:||Mane + Tail Color||:||
:.Black + White + tints of gray.:
Last edited by Frost Feather on Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 am

||:||Isadora||:||
XXX XXX

||:||Name||:||
:.Isadora.:

:.Isa.:

:.4 and a half years.:

:.Isadora is a bit of a jumpy mare, not only that but she also jumps to conclusions pretty quick. Sometimes she doubts herself a little bit but hardly ever gives up. She does have a soft, loving and playful tune to her, she is very gentle with foals and quite playful with them too. But she does take important things seriously and she is a very responsible mare. Isadora is reasonable and she does not believe that fighting solves anything. She is a fighter and it won't be easy to clutch at her. .:

:.Isadora was born on a nearby island four and a half years ago. Unfortunately there was a huge forest fire when she was about 1-2 years old, only she and her half sister survived when they jumped into the water and crashed onto this island. Later on her sister died of old age and she was left alone to roam the land. She has not really had a proper ecounter with a stallion yet.:

:.Lone Mare.:

:.None.:

:.None alive.:

:.Rocky Mountain X Amerixan Mustang.:

:.Silver Dapple.:

:.Almost invisible, lighter dapples on stomach.:

:.Dark hazel.:

:.Gray.:

:.Tan with white, black + brown tints.:
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:50 am

||:||Wild HawkFeather||:||

:.Wild HawkFeather.:

:.HawkFeather or Feather.:

:.4 years.:

:.HawkFeather is icily calm in most situations, its amazing how she does not panic and instead focuses on looking for a solve to whatever problem it may be.She always thinks carefully before making any action even if its just something quite simple. She quite often has mood swings and can snap if you anger her. Feather also is quite protective, she is fierce if need be and is not afraid to fight..:

:.HawkFeather was born on this island four years ago, the only larger evemt that ever happened to her was when one of the forests got caught on fire. She barely made it out alive but she was lucky that all her close relatives also survived. About a year ago she met NightRiver, they treat eachother like sisters and protect eachother fiercly. They are best of friends and have much in common although HawkFeather is a lot calmer than NightRiver.:

:.Lone Mare.:

:.Half sisters and brothers.:

:.Nokota X American Mustang.:

:.Grullo.:

:.Darker flecks on her back, three white socks and a blaze.:

:.Midnight blue.:

:.Gray + cream.:

:.Black with gray tints.:
Image Image Image

Frost Feather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frost Feather » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:00 am

||:||Silver Dappled Night||:||

:.Silver Dappled Night.:

:.Silver.:

:.Stallion.:

:.5 years.:

:.Silver is a powerful, young stallion, he fights quite well with hardly any experience, he is always very cautious yet bold. He can be quite mean when he is snaking mares and he does have a loving side. He will protect his mares with his life. Silver Dappled Night is quite daring if you put it that way, sometimes he can become curious.:

:.Silver was once captured by humans as a colt, they adored his quite rare coat and long mane and where planning to sell him for a high price. A pretty young mare who also lived on the farm snuck out of her stable to get to him, she said that she would help him escape, that she hated this place, that she was abused. So the mare, who was named Ginger managed to get Silver out of his pen and they ran away together that night. Silver soon developed deep feelings for Ginger, who also admitted her feelings for Silver. But the humans didn't give up they found Ginger and Silver and chased them through the forest, unfortunately for Ginger, she got caught on a barbed wire. Silver desperately wanted to help but it was no use, he'd just hurt her more if he tried to get her out of it. Ginger urged him to run, go far away. Silver did it with great difficulty, but he escaped to this island and he never saw his beautiful mare again. But he has lived here for about three years happily and hopefully he can find himself a whole band of mares now..:

:.Bachelor.:

:.Gypsy vanner X Friesian.:

:.Chocolate bay tobiano.:

:.Tobiano + White dapples.: