Surviving the Desert(Coyote RP Needs members!!))

For roleplaying regular/real-world species with real-world limitations, e.g. cats, dogs, wolves, lions, bears.

Re: Surviving the Desert(Coyote RP O&A))

Postby Blumenkranz » Sat May 26, 2018 3:33 pm

Jabari//3 years//Guard//Tags: Battle, Sierra, Akira
    ”How can we when it’s this hot.” Jabari grumbled, laying his head back down. It was times like this were Jabari would usually crack a joke to lighten the mood but at the moment he just didn’t have it in him. His ear twitched when he heard Battle’s suggestion. ”Huh? Does that really work?” He asked curiously. He watched as the other three dug into the dirt, making a little hole for themselves before settling back down. ”Ok then, I’ll give it a try...” He stood up and dug up the dirt he was just laying it, pushing away the warmer dirt to reveal the cooler dirt underneath. Once he was satisfied, he laid inside of the little pit, relieved to find that it was cooler. ”Oh yeah...much better...”

Madhu//4 years//Lead Hunter//Tags: Kayla, Sierra
    ”I do too.” Madhu said. She took a few steps towards the camp entrance then looked to Kayla. She saw the young huntress get up to speak with Fantasia. Madhu looked around, searching for other hunters to join her in a patrol. She caught sight of Sierra, laying in the shade with three guards. Madhu sighed, a little disappointed that they weren’t doing their duty. She walked over to the four. ”I understand it’s hot, but don’t you all have work to do?” She said. One of the guards, Jabari sat up and sheepishly smiled at her, commenting on how it was too hot to do any work. Madhu turned to Sierra. ”Sierra, could you come on a hunting patrol with me?”

Angelo//4 years//Lead Scout//Tags: Atemu, Sage
    Angelo thought back to his earlier patrol, trying to remember if he saw something that the pups would find exciting but nothing cand to mind. All there was was dirt and rocks and more dirt. He could hear birds chirping, but no animals of interest. ”Eh, not this time unfortunately.” He shrugged. When Sage mentioned Atemu’s leg, he frowned and glanced to the pup’s leg. Though he seemed to be able to walk fine for the most part, his leg did stiffen up on occasion which will hinder him in the future. ”I’m not gonna lie, it won’t be easy. I wouldn’t say it’s impossible though.”
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Lapis » Sat May 26, 2018 6:56 pm

Scarlet
Age: 2 Years ||Gender: Female ||Rank: Rogue || Location: Canyon Outskirts ||Mate: Open (Widowed)|| Pups: Open (Pregnant) || Feeling: Scared, Angry, Sad || Tags: Anyone within hearing distance

How long had it been since the flood?
Perhaps a month, or a month and a half.
A month and a half since her home, her mate, her parents, and everyone and everything she’d ever known and loved had perished to the water.

The memory of it all was still very vivid:
Ink, her mate, pushing her over the canyons ridge and attempting to climb out himself, only to be swept away by a sudden wave. He howled as he was devoured by the water and sank to join their kindred. Then there was an ominous silence, with the only sound being the gushing of water where the Thundering River pack use to be.

Now Scarlet was the sole survivor of a once glorious pack, left to the mercy of the wilderness. It wasn’t fun; having to hunt to sustain herself and heaven knew how many pups! She knew that it would get harder, soon enough.

But as of now, Scarlet tromped through the forest, following a river downstream. The river: the one familiar thing that remained with her, despite that it was to blame for her pack’s death. She’d traveled many miles from her home, living off the river’s water and fish. Hunting and swimming were her pack’s specialty, after all.

A weird scent tickled Scarlet’s nose, and she bent to sniff the aroma.

Coyote Scent.

Carlet sighed and turned around, ready to head back. If it was a dominant Coyote pack that laid ahead of her, it was best she left them alone. Despite the small chance that they would accept her, she did not want to risk her life and the life of her pups. She’d simply turn back and keep walking along the stream, turning at the most recent fork in the River she’d passed. She wanted no trouble from this pack.

But as she turned, another scent caught her nose. She sniffed the air for the source. Unlike the coyote pack scent, this one was much more recent and feminine and…

Feline?

Scarlet gasped as she realized what this creature was. Her ears drooped, and she retreated behind the treeline. Intently, she watched her surroundings.

As if responding to her realization, a bush only a few yards from Scarlet’s hiding place rumbled. From it emerged a cat-like silhouette. The feline had tan fur and a pale underside, accompanied by sharp eyes, and a pair of claws and fangs that could tear a coyote limb for limb. Not a very pretty image.

It was a Mountain Lion:

A natural enemy to wolves and coyotes.

The judging green eyes locked on Scarlet, and the lion licked it’s lips. Casually, the feline stalked up to Scarlet. The coyote would be an easy meal.

Between the dilemma of becoming Lunch for a Cougar or Attacked by a fierce Coyote pack, Scarlet had an obvious option.

She turned and bolted, crossing the scent border between the pack’s territory and the wilderness. The cougar followed in hot pursuit.

Scarlet threw her head to the sky, howling until her lungs ached.
The call had a clear message.

HELP!
Queen Lapis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Sat May 26, 2018 7:52 pm

Ivy lifted her head as she heard a call for help, she leaped to her paws and bounded off in the direction of the call, she ran as fast as her paws could carry her until she saw another coyote.
“Are you ok?” She asked before scenting the mountain lion, she gulped “follow me!” She then called over her shoulder, running toward the pack camp even though she planned to stay away for a while.

Lucky and Ruby were out hunting as usual, the pack needed to be fed, they, unlike their sister Ivy actually cared about pack life and hunted every chance they got, they didn’t catch much as they were awake all day and were a bit tired so they just turned back to camp sadly, they hated it when they couldn’t contribute properly to the pack.
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby willowsong12 » Sun May 27, 2018 12:51 am

Battle
Guard/Male/5 years old/Crush:Open/Tags:Jabari,
Akira and Madhu

Hearing Madhu, he let out a soft sugh,"No point in training if the heat is going to make us drop from it." He didn't feel like risking heatstroke at the moment. "Anyway, Fantasia hasn't given us any tasks yet."

Sierra
Hunter/Female/3 years old/Crush:Open/Tags:Jabari,
Akira and Madhu

Hearing her name, she reluctantly stood up. "I hope we can find something. I think all the prey is staying hidden from the heat. But we might be able to find a bighorn sheep."

Thorn
Scout/Male/2 years old/Crush:Open/Tags:Scarlet and Ivy

The male was about to head back when he heard a howl of distress. That howl was unfamiliar and he tipped his head to the side. Curious, he swiftly made his way towards the noise and soon spotted Ivy and an unknown coyote with her. He was about to ask what was going on and saw the mountain lion. His eyes widened as they were heading towards the others. Was Ivy mad?! The cougar would kill everyone if it reached the others. Swiftly leaping between the big cat and the two, he growled as the fur along his shoulders and spine bristled. Gaining the cats attention, he dodged a swipe of its paw and began to try and lead it the other way. He wasn't a guard so he needed to keep it busy and keep it away from the dens. Hopefully someone would show up soon to help.

Atemu
Pup/Male/3 months old/Crush:Open/Tags:Angelo

"Really?" His tail began to wag as it wasn't a definite no. "I am going to work hard to become a scout like you!" He gave a swift spin before he dropped into a playful crouch. "Sage let's play tag! I need to practice running." He then ran off but it was obvious his leg was slowing him down.

Sage
Pup/Female/3 months old/Crush:Open/Tags:Angelo

Shaking her head as he started running off, she let out a sigh. "Momma worries about him since his leg is a problem. She isn't sure he will be able to get a good rank." She gave a shrug before following after Atemu.
willowsong12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silverfire » Sun May 27, 2018 2:49 am

Akira

Guard | Female | 2 1/2 years old | Tags: Jabari, Battle, Sierra, Madhu

Akira chuckled a little at Jabari's remarks, though she felt a twinge of guilt upon hearing Madhu's criticism. She sighed and said, "Alright, I understand. If the hunters are working, then we ought to be too." She groaned and got to her feet, unhappy to be leaving the comfort of the hole she had dug but unwilling to be viewed as lazy. "Good luck in the hunt, Sierra and Madhu!" she added. "I hope that all goes well. My job may mostly involve sitting, but I will do my best too."

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
silverfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Lapis » Sun May 27, 2018 5:00 am

Scarlet
Age: 2 Years ||Gender: Female ||Rank: Rogue || Location: Canyon Outskirts ||Mate: Open (Widowed)|| Pups: Open (Pregnant) || Feeling: Scared, Angry, Sad || Tags: Ivy, Thorn, anyone within hearing distance.

"Wait!" Scarlet dug her paws into the ground, spinning around to face Thorn and the cougar: Ivy stopped mid-stride and trotted up to her side. Scarlet nodded at Thorn and the Cougar. It was obvious the scout wouldn't last a minute without help.

"If he's going to survive..."
Scarlet panted. "We're going to have to fight of this feline together. Tell me...are there any sorts of Ravines or Canyons nearby?"
Queen Lapis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Animals65 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:17 am

Scottish9 wrote:(Aw geez. Now I see what you meant. I thought you meant animals as in the critters, not the user. Derp)

(LOL Omg Ive never had anyone get confused because of my username! Girly you just made my day today! XD)

Kayla realizes that maybe she went a little too far on her question with Fantasia, deciding to let it go before she explodes into anger. "Understood Fantasia." she said. "Maybe I will see you later after the hunting patrol?" Bowing her head out of respect for the lead guard, she turns away and walks towards Madhu. She crouches in submission as she approaches the lead hunter. "I am ready whenever you are Madhu." she said.
PLEASE DONT LET MY DRAGONS DIE!Image
Animals65

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mistfox » Sun May 27, 2018 7:23 am

“Over the hill over there,” Ivy panted. She looked wildly side to side and back again to the cougar, “we need to help Thorn!” Ivy yipped once she calmed down a bit.

Lucky and Ruby woke up, Ivy had been gone for a while, it wasn’t unusual for their sister to leave without warning for weeks on end, sometimes she was more of a rouge than a pack coyote, although this time felt different and they paced restlessly until deciding to go hunting again to try and find her. They soon found her and two other coyotes, but a cougar was near, Ivy looked strangely calm, Ruby twitched seeing her sister, remembering the night when her sharp jaws bit into their mother’s neck, Lucky and the rest of the pack didn’t know, they ran up to the cougar and fought it with all their strength but it flung them away like pieces of prey and Ivy also leaped at the cougar but it flung her away also, she struggled to get up and one hind leg was twisted at an odd angle, she winced with pain and limped to behind a rock and collapsed, it was unlikely to ever heal and Ruby felt an odd rush of sympathy dispite her knowledge of her older sister’s secret while Lucky stood with blood gushing from a wound in her neck, Ruby only torn a nail but it would still give her a disadvantage in the fight, lucky may be able to fight but Ivy won’t, not ever again probably Ruby thought distressed, Ivy was the strongest and fasted of the sisters, or atleast she used to be...
Image Image
Image Image Image
Mistfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Blumenkranz » Sun May 27, 2018 9:08 am

Madhu//4 years//Lead Hunter//Tags: Battle, Sierra, Kayla
    ”I hope so too.” Madhu said solemnly. They have not had much luck lately, and this heatwave certainly wasn’t helping. ”Thank you, Akira.” She said, giving the guard a small smile. When Kayla came to the group, announcing that she was ready to go, Madhu nodded and turned to the camp entrance. ”I was thinking of following the stream. Due to the heat I’m sure other animals will be coming out to drink. We may find something there.” With that, she started walking to the entrance, hoping that they would find something today.

Jabari//3 years//Guard//Tags: Battle, Sierra, Akira
    Jabari watched as Madhu walked off, his ears laid back a bit. He didn’t want to be seen as useless, especially not by a higher up. It was just so hot. Jabari stood up with a groan, shaking the dirt off of his coat. As hot as it was, he was a guard and he had a duty. ”I’ll join ya, Akira.” He said.

Angelo//4 years//Lead Scout//Tags: Atemu, Sage
    Angelo smiled at Atemu when the pup scampered off, his expression becoming more serious when he looked to Sage. ”It’s possible he’ll get a good rank and possible he won’t. We won’t know till he gets there.” He shrugged. He watched Sage go follow her brother, then went to go look for shade so he could escape from the heat.
Blumenkranz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silverfire » Sun May 27, 2018 10:11 am

Akira

Guard | Female | 2 1/2 years old | Tags: Jabari, Battle, Sierra

Akira nodded in appreciation to Jabari. "Thank you, Jabari." She chuckled a little. "This heat is too much to handle, but I'm glad that things seem quite peaceful right now," she remarked, unaware of the cougar fight going on. "It would be hard to fight, what with the sun sapping away our energy."

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImage
silverfire

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me