We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:43 pm

It could also be fun if the mods started adding more monthly adopts into the pound, maybe giving people another chance to snag whatever the rare pet is this month? Increasing the number of pets with the balance being the common monthly ones will get more common, haha.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaninePC » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:47 pm

I need it more frequently. Because sometimes the opening of the pound comes at bad times. Like it opened when I was at the dentist. Or I'm asleep. And if know I have a very limited amount of time. I tend to be very choosy once all the high values are gone (anything extremely UC +). Then sometimes I end up missing anything worth wanting all together.

I almost wished that when it came to store pets being found in the pound rather move these to a Dec 18th type give away rather than the pound itself.
Or maybe put a code on the account that nabbed one that then limits them for like 3 + months from nabbing any other store, OMGsR, or extremely rare pet. Only so that they can't be one of those with fast internet and processing speeds to keep taking more.
I'm on a 5 year old tablet. My speed isn't great so of course anything really great is almost automatically out of my grasp.
Doing it like they do the Dec 18th pets for sure to me gives a better random chance of getting something nice vs knowing you wont. And it can be said on the pound: 'any pet found to be VR + automatically gets moved into there.'
And yes I've gotten a lot of rare-vr rats from Dec 18th :lol: !

:idea: Or what about Accounts having set limits for VR + pets that can be adopted? Maybe monthly? Like:
This account has: 1 slot to snatch a Store/OMGsR, 2 Extremely rares, 5VRs and the rest (rare and lower) have no set limit.

It would then really limit the high value pets from being drained too fast from the pound!

Well that's the idea in an easy to code world xD!! Sorry for the long rambling. Tablet isn't great at editing :?
CaninePC

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyca » Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:52 pm

CaninePC wrote:-snip-

:idea: Or what about Accounts having set limits for VR + pets that can be adopted? Maybe monthly? Like:
This account has: 1 slot to snatch a Store/OMGsR, 2 Extremely rares, 5VRs and the rest (rare and lower) have no set limit.

It would then really limit the high value pets from being drained too fast from the pound!

Well that's the idea in an easy to code world xD!! Sorry for the long rambling. Tablet isn't great at editing :?

I strongly disagree with this. I know I might sound kind of annoying saying this but, I have every extremely uncommon and under. The pound is the only way I can really solidly work on my collection, whether it be completing wishlist pets or getting trade fodder. but that's kind of like everyone else here, right? "nerfing" the pound like this would really suck. It would also make it harder for new users to gain higher valued pets.
Black Lives Matter
AlishaIV is my roommate!
We trade sometimes and
share a computer/IP address!

Check out all
my dressed up
pound catches!

My trade thread!

January 19th is my birthday : )
I collect pets with that date!

Pyca

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:05 pm

CaninePC wrote:
I almost wished that when it came to store pets being found in the pound rather move these to a Dec 18th type give away rather than the pound itself.
Or maybe put a code on the account that nabbed one that then limits them for like 3 + months from nabbing any other store, OMGsR, or extremely rare pet. Only so that they can't be one of those with fast internet and processing speeds to keep taking more.
I'm on a 5 year old tablet. My speed isn't great so of course anything really great is almost automatically out of my grasp.
Doing it like they do the Dec 18th pets for sure to me gives a better random chance of getting something nice vs knowing you wont. And it can be said on the pound: 'any pet found to be VR + automatically gets moved into there.'
And yes I've gotten a lot of rare-vr rats from Dec 18th :lol: !

I think that would be a great idea to combat the issue of internet speed, supposed bots, speed-clicking one specific spot on the page, unknown distribution of who sees what, and every other issue that people have brought up that makes the pound unfair. You really shouldn't be able to grab more vrs+/OMGs per month than those numbers anyways.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:23 pm

rats! wrote:
Mirenoch wrote:
rats! wrote:I think we should get rid of the pound

Genuinely want to hear more about this..

delete pound 👍

Hear! Hear!
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Bark » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:11 pm

Staff, can we get more posts/polls on different ideas for the pound? It seems like this thread has deviated pretty far from the question asked and more threads might be helpful for keeping posts on subject.
Lemon Bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buster2918 » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:14 pm

Lemon Bark wrote:Staff, can we get more posts/polls on different ideas for the pound? It seems like this thread has deviated pretty far from the question asked and more threads might be helpful for keeping posts on subject.

I agree and would also request this if possible. ^

Just another reminder that the pound is not just about getting rares and we are not owed one. The point is to get a free pet, so not getting a rare pet is not the end of the world and the pound is functioning as it should, people are just getting unbelievably disappointed because they happen to have a bad bout of luck.
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊
xxxx𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂.𝙾. 💜

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexx©xxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:23 pm

Why do people keep insisting that users are saying they are "owed rares" when the actual posts from other users are about the chance to click on one/see one at all on their page over the course of a pound open, and the disparity between those who have the means for faster internet connection, spare time, and a desktop computer and those who don't, and how it could be addressed.

Genuinely curious as to why the words keep getting turned into trying to make users sound ungrateful and demanding and to dismiss the valid concerns of people brought up around this just being a band-aid on the wider issue of openings that disproportionately distribute pets.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryomen » Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:36 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:Why do people keep insisting that users are saying they are "owed rares" when the actual posts from other users are about the chance to click on one/see one at all on their page over the course of a pound open, and the disparity between those who have the means for faster internet connection, spare time, and a desktop computer and those who don't, and how it could be addressed.

Genuinely curious as to why the words keep getting turned into trying to make users sound ungrateful and demanding and to dismiss the valid concerns of people brought up around this just being a band-aid on the wider issue of openings that disproportionately distribute pets.

thank youuuuu lol. adoption centers are RIGHT THERE if i wanted just any random pet, which is ultimately what the current pound system offers to the majority of users and genuinely benefits very few. thousands of users flock to the site within minutes of the pound. i wonder how many would still be setting alarms and waking up at ungodly hours to make the openings if they took away the rares. probably not a lot.
rares are what make the pound interesting in the first place, yet we're somehow selfish for wanting a chance at one?
big fan of the guy with too many eyes and too many arms.
formerly sukunabae ✧.*
she/her | pisces
trades are always welcome ☽
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jiji » Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:53 pm

whilst it doesn’t really affect me personally as i don’t seek out higher valued pets a majority of the time , the opening that was most recent was .. well , pretty awful rng wise .

i personally miss the thrill of racing for a more rare pet , but today i quite literally got all pets below rare on all pages , 4 of which only had pets ranging from 2024 - 2018 ish that were mostly uncommon - omgsc / unknown . whilst this isn’t really a huge issue for me , it can be a little disheartening constantly grabbing omgsc pets . (,:

i think personally a bigger opening but less frequently would be ideal , or somewhere in the mid ground [ e.g : 1.5k pets ] just due to the fact that players will specifically log on just for the pound , so the baseline users throughout the day isn’t really accurate to the traffic for the pound .

idk if this makes sense , or if any of this has been mentioned or suggested , and i might edit it when it’s n o t 5am lol ,,,,
jiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me