Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 24, 2023 11:00 am

Plot

Foxmoore Equestrian Centre, located to the east of England, is a large riding school that primarily has riders board their horses at the facility, with the option for riders to take lessons, should they wish to do so. For a lower boarding cost, riders can allow for their horse to be used in lessons for students that don't have their own horse. Occasionally, there'll be a special lesson/workshop offered by an external instructor - usually someone well-known in their field - such a vaulting or a special dressage masterclass. While it isn't a grand, high-end place, it is well-liked by the riders, and costs are reasonable, and a good community has fostered at the Centre. But things are about to get uprooted for everyone.

A couple of towns over is the nearest other Equestrian Centre - Belle View Stables. Belle View is known to be prestigious, and expensive. Foxmoore and Belle View have had something of an intense rivalry, especially when they encounter each other in competitions, and both are very much on par with each other.
After a terrible storm that caused a fire - fortunately, most horses and people were uninjured - that destroyed most of Belle View, the owners of Foxmoore have opened their doors to let the riders of Foxmoore board their horses there until Belle View has been rebuilt, using a new stable barn that was recently built for the horses to stay in. However, this means sharing paddock space, riding arenas, trails, tack room space... pretty much everything. Tensions are high, and arguments threaten to break out frequently.

Will the students of both stables learn to get along? Or even just tolerate each other? And what's the deal with the tack that's started to go missing..?
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed May 24, 2023 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The Grounds

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 24, 2023 11:02 am

Layout
As you walk onto the main yard after going through the entrance gate, there is a small office directly to your right, and then you almost immediately arrive at the stables, which all surround an outdoor lunging paddock. There's also two large barns, which have more stables for horses. Walking around the back of the smallest stable building will take you to a sheltered area that has four large, open stalls for people to groom and tack their horses up, so that they don't have to do it in the horse's stable. This area also has two doors, one of which leads to the tack room, and the other one to the feed room. Walking through the brick building (which is more of a tunnel), and down the path, you come across the main riding arena, which is usually split into three sections (two without any equipment, and one section with a series of different jumps set up). There is also an indoor arena. Off to one side of the arena is a small cabin, and some chairs, for relaxation, and to get something to eat/drink, if desired. Additionally, there's a trail ride that goes through a forest, and next to a river, and there is also a cross country course nearby, which has - among other obstacles - log jumps, a water jump, and a hedge jump. There's also several large paddocks, for horses to be turned out into, with usually two or three horses that get along together in each one.

Foxmoore Rules (These cannot be broken)
- Suitable riding helmets must be worn at all times when riding and lunging, or helping in the indoor or outdoor arenas - no exceptions.
- You must keep your stable and surrounding areas clean at all times.
- Lock the tack room after leaving it.
- Ensure your horses are given their morning feed by 8am, and evening feed between 7-8pm. No riding after 7pm or before 10am.
- No running, shouting or any other sudden noises/movements anywhere on the yard or around the horses.
- While whips are allowed, spurs and excessive whipping are forbidden.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Roles

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed May 24, 2023 11:02 am

You may have up to three characters, each character can have up to two horses. No other pets/animals please. There's unlimited places, but try to balance out riders from both stables. You may also play as an Instructor.
All character forms to go on the discussion thread.

Foxmoore Riders
- Ashton Winchester (Consulting_Angel)
- Vegas Andrew St. Clair (bigwig)
- Quinn Thomas Sounders (SpiritStar3)
- Kristine Lyndsey (Queen of flames)
-
-

Belle View Riders
- Rueben Brooker (Consulting_Angel)
- Isabelle Rose Laurence (SpiritStar3)
- Cole Sinclair (Queen of flames)
-
-

Instructors
- Diego Ramirez (Consulting_Angel)
- Edward Von Richthofen (bigwig)
-
-
-
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu May 25, 2023 6:03 am

You may use the forms below, or use your own - as long as everything asked for below is included. Remove anything in brackets.

Human
Code: Select all
[img] [/img][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality: [/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences):

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Horse:[/b]
[b]Riding Style[/b]:
[b]Riding Discipline (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Other: [/b][/size]

Horse
Code: Select all
[img] [/img]
[b]Stable Name:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Breed: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b] (just a few lines)
[b]Riding Style/Discipline:[/b]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Other: [/b]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply.
- No one- or two-liners.
- Please use reasonable grammar, spelling and punctuation, so others can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Character ages 19+.
- For this roleplay, no horses younger than four will be allowed, and no mares having a foal.
- One stallion per user (not per character). They will be kept separate from mares and geldings, and expected to be kept under control.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat May 27, 2023 5:04 am

Any updates and events regarding the roleplay will go here.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Accepting!)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:21 am

Ashton Winchester
Horse - Sundance
Tagged: Open
Ashton didn't plan to ride until later in the afternoon, so for now, he was working through some yard work that he needed to get through. It wasn't anything big - mostly focusing just on his and Sundance's space - but it was still important to get done. At the moment, he was in the tack room, sat on a trunk, Sundance's bridle in his lap as he polished it. It would be dry by the time he intended to use it later, and he always thought that clean, polished tack looked smart and nice to have, even when riding just in the arena and not only in a competition. And... well, it kept him occupied for a little while. Especially with all the new riders that were now at Foxmoore, given Belle View had been destroyed. It was a tough situation, and he admittedly did tend to avoid the Belle View riders, since it was very well known that the two riding schools were fierce rivals - but he still remained civil and pleasant towards them, of course.
As he finished up with the bridle, he stood up, so that he could get Sundance's saddle, so he could give that a quick clean next. As he did so, he noticed the door to the tack room open and someone enter. He smiled warmly as he picked up Sundance's saddle, and greeted the other person with a friendly, "Hey,"

Rueben Brooker
Horse - Starsky
Rueben was out in the outdoor arena, which had been split into half with a temporary rope 'barrier' across the arena. The half he was in had a small circuit of jumps set up, the height of which he'd adjusted to just three feet - just under a metre. No, it wasn't very high at all, but given he was having to build back up from almost scratch, it was good enough for him to start with. A slight twinge in his ankle told him that he probably wasn't going to be able to ride for very long today, but he was determined to keep going until it was absolutely necessary for him to stop.
He lined Starsky up to the first jump, rising up slightly in the saddle as they approached, and Starsky cleared the first jump, and then the second. Rueben smiled very slightly to himself, but as they approached the third jump, a sharp pain went up Rueben's ankle, distracting him and causing Starsky to veer away from the jump entirely. Sitting back in the saddle, he waited until the pain alleviated, keeping his mare in a slow, sitting trot to circle back around to the first jump. As he did so, he noticed that someone else was approaching the arena with their horse. Rueben scowled to himself, rather hoping that whoever was approaching hadn't seen what had just happened.

Diego Ramirez
Horses - Galaxia & Honor
Diego did not have another lesson to teach for about an hour, so he was in Galaxia's stall, grooming her after the lesson he'd just taught. It hadn't been particularly strenuous, but he did like to make sure Galaxia always looked her best anyway. As he finished up, and put the brushes away in the kit box, he left the stall and locked the stall door - taking with him Galaxia's empty hay net. He put the kit box against the stall - though not in front of the door, of course - and took the empty haynet to the hay barn. He filled the haynet up about halfway, pulled the opening closed, and started back towards Galaxia's stall. He didn't want her to eat too much before the next lesson, but knew she could do with a little bit while waiting.
As he walked, he noticed a rider with a rather full haynet, looking as though they were struggling to carry it. Diego approached, his haynet over one shoulder, "Hey. Need some help?" he offered.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:04 am

Quinn Thomas Sounders- Quinny, Q- m- 22 y- homosexual: Reuben- fc: Ben Whishaw- parents, younger twin sisters- horse: Dreams- Western but can do English (Eventing), prefers barrels- Rider from Foxmoore- Tags: Dreams, Reuben

The tan skinned and curly dark haired one hummed a bit. The pretty eyed one glanced around a bit, then walked into the stall. He got the bridle on his mare, and led her out. He put her saddle pad and saddle one, though wasn't sure he'd actually practice today. He'd decide as he walked along. Maybe he could just ride her around a bit, today. Shaking his head, he smoothed down his clothes. He looked at his riding boots, brown with blue design, and smiled.

He then shook his head a second time. He headed out of the stables with the mare, and headed for the outdoor arena and such. He stopped short as he saw Reuben was there, practicing. He hadn't noticed the other having to avoid the jump. He hadn't noticed Starsky veer away form the jump, or anything. He offered the other boy a smile. He called "Hello," then stood to watch him. He hummed in a nervous way now, wondering if the other would be annoyed he was watching...

Dreaming in Color- Dreams- mare - 4 y- Pintaloosa (Paint x Appy)- 16 hh- Western (barrels)- Quinn- white mare with black Medicine Hat, across shoulders, on rump and down hind legs, striped hooves and spotting on pink muzzle, blue eyes

The paint Appaloosa squealed and flicked her tail back and forth. Blue eyes saw to certain parts, seeing off to the sides of her. She, of course, couldn't see directly behind herself. It was a good thing she had her human with her, then. He walked along, and she didn't know if that meant they were going riding. They practiced every day, or almost every day. She liked to be with her human, and liked to make him happy. She twitched her ears as they stopped, and she smelled another horse near.

Isabelle Rose Laurence- Isa, Belle- f- 24 y- bi; maybe Vegas- fc: Molly Quinn- parents, three younger siblings- horse: Stunner- English/ eventing, prefers dressage and jumping- Tags: Stunner and open

The girl with mostly straight reddish blonde hair, curly/wavy at the very ends, hummed. Blue-green eyes looked to her boy. She smiled as she looked at the dark bay gelding. The creamy peachy skinned, full lipped, pretty nails and longer lashed one patted him. She had her necklace and bracelet on. Her grandfather had given her these, as they'd been her grandma's. She brushed at the gelding, brushing him off then doing his mane. She combed that out, then moved on to do his tail.

A Stunning Mann- Stunner- gelding- 6 y- Morgan Arabian- 15.2 hh- Englsih (dressage and jumping)- Isabelle- dark bay with white stockings, snip, star, brown eyes and darker hooves, typical look of a Morgan Arabian

The gelding snorted and raised a hind leg, kicking at the ground then stopping. He wasn't used to it here, yet... At least, when they did jumping training, he seemed to get into his element. He heard his human sigh, and saw her shake her head. He blew out a breath, squealing at her. He twitched his ears back, hearing other humans around the stables. He then closed his eyes as she brushed at him a bit. He let her comb out his mane, then she moved to do his tail as well.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

vegas ☆☆ 001

Postby bigwig. » Thu Jun 15, 2023 10:28 am

𝐕𝐄𝐆𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐓.𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐈𝐑
    he/himfoxmoore riderhorse: austinlocation: tack roomtags: ashton
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Vegas was the type to always get up early - he had done so every day at home, getting up to help his parents out on the ranch. They owned several horses, who always needed feeding, grooming, and exercising, and with his father being paralyzed, Vegas always put in extra effort around the property. He worried every now and again about how they were doing without him there. He knew that they had hired help to fill in while he was gone, but he still wondered every now and again. Ah, he'd have to call them again sometime. He also worried he was bothering them by calling too often, but he missed his family a lot. He missed being back home in general; he couldn't help but feel a bit out of place here. The English countryside was beautiful and all, and it was nice to get this opportunity, but Vegas just felt like he didn't quite fit in sometimes. Of course, the influx of new riders from Belle View had shaken things up a bit.

The one thing that always brought his spirits up a little was Austin; his horse was, in a way, a little piece of home. Plus, the pinto was always energetic and upbeat, and his personality was infectious. Vegas had already been up since the early hours of the morning, making sure Austin was fed and groomed. He wondered if Austin ever felt homesick as well. Obviously, Vegas couldn't tell exactly what he was thinking, but he was sure the paint gelding missed being back home sometimes. He was a pretty confident horse, not usually frightened of new people or places, and even here at Foxmoore he had mostly been his usual rowdy self, but he probably missed the place he was used to. It was certainly cooler here than it was back in Nevada, and at first Austin had been resistant to going out early in the morning (even to lunge), not liking the colder weather. Even now, he didn't really like going out early. It was about midday now, though, so Austin would probably be feeling more ready to ride; Vegas had gotten used to taking him out in the middle of the day or afternoon. He was an active horse who liked a lot of exercise, and it was good for Vegas too - he was here to practice and learn, after all.

The young man decided to head down to the tack room, so he could get Austin's tack ready in advance. He didn't like to leave him waiting in the grooming stalls, and he didn't really worry about anyone messing with his stuff in the short time it took him to bring his horse down there. As he pushed his way into the tack room, he was hit by the familiar leathery smell, accentuated by saddle soap - a homey and uplifting scent, at least to Vegas. He wasn't surprised to see someone else in there, but he was glad it was somebody he recognized, although he didn't know him particularly well. It was Ashton, a boy from Foxmoore. "Heya." He greeted, with his unshakable Texan drawl already present.
bigwig.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Foxmoore Equestrian Centre

Postby Serpantdragon » Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:57 am

Rylie Finch

English - Show Jumping | Info Page| Pierre & Pan | She/Her | 28 Years | tags: Open

____________----__________________----_________________----_______________----___________________----______________

Other than her house, being at the equestrian centre was one of the only places Rylie actually felt at home. Today she did not have as much to do as she did other days, having free time before her lesson later in the day. Since arriving at the barn earlier in the day, she had already taken care of Pan and here she was now, tacking up Pierre to work on some flatwork in one of the arenas. Pierre was a wonderful horse in Rylie's opinion, although his attitude brought down how much she actually liked the gelding. Luckily, today seemed to be a better day and he looked to be in a good mood. "Ready for a bit of practice?" The woman questioned the large horse, finishing up with his bridle and double checking to make sure his saddle was in the correct position. Hopefully they would actually be able to get some work done before he got bored. Maybe, if she was lucky, there would be someone else in the arena or headed to the arena she would be able to practice with.

____________----__________________----_________________----_______________----___________________----______________
Last edited by Serpantdragon on Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Serpantdragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:50 am

Ashton Winchester
Horse - Sundance
Tagged: Vegas
He nodded towards Vegas when he'd returned the greeting. Ashton didn't quite know Vegas that much, but he did know that the other rider was quite new to Foxmoore. There was some comfort in knowing that someone was newer to the stables than he was. Though from what he'd seen, Vegas was very talented, and it made him wonder if he was good enough to stay. Not that anyone would be kicked out just because of their riding level, but Ashton did not like the thought of being behind everyone.
"What're you doing today?" Ashton asked, curiously, as went back to polishing the saddle. The saddle soap was always a welcoming scent to him - he felt like he could spend a day cleaning everyone's saddles quite happily... but not everyone would probably appreciate that.
Ashton glanced up occasionally towards Vegas, to show that he was still listening.

Rueben Brooker
Horse - Starsky
Tagged: Quinn
Rueben grumbled to himself when he saw that the rider coming to join the - hopefully other half - arena was Quinn, one of the Foxmoore riders. He supposed it wasn't too bad, since Quinn seemed to be quiet and kept to himself, so he figured he wouldn't be bothered too much, if at all. Still, Rueben gave a brief nod of acknowledgement, out of courtesy, when Quinn had called over a greeting.
Then, he lined Starsky up to the first jump again, getting into position as he brought her up to a faster trot. The first and second jumps were cleared, Rueben felt a sharper twinge in his ankle, but he clenched his jaw as he forced himself and Starsky to keep going over the third jump - which the mare clipped, but it didn't fall. The fourth jump was also clipped, and Rueben had to slow Starsky down again so he could sit, and they veered away from the fifth jump. Well, at least they hadn't knocked anything over or had an outright refusal...

Diego Ramirez
Horses - Galaxia & Honor
Diego did not have another lesson to teach for about an hour, so he was in Galaxia's stall, grooming her after the lesson he'd just taught. It hadn't been particularly strenuous, but he did like to make sure Galaxia always looked her best anyway. As he finished up, and put the brushes away in the kit box, he left the stall and locked the stall door - taking with him Galaxia's empty hay net. He put the kit box against the stall - though not in front of the door, of course - and took the empty haynet to the hay barn. He filled the haynet up about halfway, pulled the opening closed, and started back towards Galaxia's stall. He didn't want her to eat too much before the next lesson, but knew she could do with a little bit while waiting.
As he walked, he noticed a rider with a rather full haynet, looking as though they were struggling to carry it. Diego approached, his haynet over one shoulder, "Hey. Need some help?" he offered.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me