New Hope(Foster Home, Reboot) Temporarily CLOSED

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: New Hope(Foster Home, Reboot)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:58 am

Nikolai Hale
17|Male|Foster
Tagged: Jamie, Niall
7am. Nikolai was awake before he heard the calls of Jamie waking up everyone else in the house to alert them for breakfast. He got himself out of bed and dressed, wearing black jeans, and a black collared shirt, leaning against the bed as and when he needed, and ran a brush back through his hair, getting ready for the day ahead. He was still quite amazed that he and his sister were still at New Hope, and that Jamie and his wife hadn't gotten sick of them just yet - especially Nikolai, he didn't like feeling as though he was a burden, which is how it had felt in every other foster home. Being here for two years should count for something, though, right?
Anyway, Nikolai considered 7am to be a little too early to wake up. He'd rather get an extra two or three hours of sleep, but... given it was the rules of the house, he followed them, if grudgingly. Then, after he finished getting ready for the day, he settled into his wheelchair, and made sure he had all the stuff he needed for school, all tucked into the compartment under his seat. Finally, he left his room, grateful for the door being extra wide so he was able to fit through in his wheelchair without it being too difficult.

He made his way to the kitchen, where he saw most of the other fosters had already arrived. Nikolai glanced around, noting that his sister hadn't yet made it to the kitchen - though she would a short while later. "Good morning..." he greeted Jamie, and Niall, quietly, before taking a place at the table, where there was an empty spot, awaiting breakfast to be dished up. "I haven't seen them." Nikolai then answered, when Jamie questioned where one of the assistants were.

Lyra Hale
17|Female|Foster
Tagged: Jaime, Niall
Lyra was still asleep past 7am, long after Jamie had gone around to call everyone awake, and even sleeping through the others in the room getting themselves up and ready. She didn't like having to wake up early, and would always try and get the extra minute of sleep in for as long as she could. Sure, sometimes that meant she missed breakfast and might be a minute or two late for school or whatever, but she entirely accepted that. Anyway, after the other girls had left the bedroom, Lyra finally rolled out of bed. She got dressed, wearing dark blue jeans, an emerald green peplum top and a black and white plaid shirt she tied around her waist. Then, she brushed through her hair and tied it up in a high ponytail, and she did her makeup - shimmery dark green and matte brown eyeshadow, mascara and a light pink lipstick. She took her time, barely looking at the clock, and only when she was ready did she leave the room and make her way downstairs to the kitchen.

It seemed that breakfast was in full swing by the time she got there, with Jamie serving everyone. She spotted her brother, Nikolai, was already eating, as well, notably, Niall. Well, at least she hadn't missed breakfast today. Lyra walked into the kitchen, with a cheery, general, "Good morning!" and a warm smile to everyone, then she sat down at the table for breakfast as well. "Haven't missed anything too important, have I?"

Morgan Astra
24|Nonbinary|Staff
Tagged: Open
Morgan was already awake and ready, their hair tied up into a couple of space buns, and wearing a light blue polo shirt, and dark blue jodhpurs. They weren't intending to ride any of the horses, of course, but it was an outfit comfortable and flexible enough to work in while outside. Especially in this sort of weather and while working with the horses. They knew that it was very early to be up and helping, especially as Jamie wasn't at the barn yet at the time. Besides, they hadn't started anything huge, just fed the horses and made sure they all had clean, fresh drinking water, as well as ensuring the haynets were full. Given there were quite a few horses, and going back and forth to various places while doing the chores multiple times took quite a bit of time, Morgan glanced at their watch after finishing the last haynet. Ah, in good time today! They usually took the liberty of feeding and watering the horses early in the morning, just so that no one else would have to wake up especially early to do so. Perhaps they had time to go back to the house and get something to eat, and then come back to continue any other chores that needed to be done.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one

Postby harrington » Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:14 am

CARSON WHITE ! ! xxxx.xx

[he/him] [bisexual] [seventeen] [bedroom / kitchen] [ment; everyone]

xxxxxxxxdespite being a self-proclaimed “morning person,” carson always found himself struggling to get out of bed. he often assumed it was due to the quality of the mattress, or maybe even the fact that he didn’t get enough sleep the night prior; however, he knew deep down that this wasn’t the case. truthfully, these beds were far from mediocre and despite his racing thoughts he often went to bed at a reasonable time. even though he’d never admit it - he’s way too prideful for that - every morning he wakes up, he worries that it’s his last, and he’s going to be moved to another home again. still, after laying in bed and contemplating for a few (well, admittedly, maybe a bit longer than a few) moments, carson's nerves finally pushed him out of bed. as he sat upright, he dramatically pulled off his covers and swung his bare feet to the side of the bed, just hovering slightly over the carpeted floor. as he shifted his weight forward to stand up, a twinge of pain hit his left temple, causing carson to exhale a bit louder than he had anticipated. regardless, it was time to get up, so he hoped that his unexpected noise wasn't too jarring for the rest of the boys in the room. carson'd never know, but they were all used to him making noise, especially while he is asleep - these were often accompanied by vivid nightmares on carson's end.

xxxxxxxxfinally standing upright, carson combed a hand through his (admittedly messy) hair as he shuffled his way towards the dresser that housed his limited wardrobe. given that it was spring and - from what carson could see - sunny outside, he opted for his classic look: patterned board-shorts and a white t-shirt. after tying the knot around his waistband a little too tight, carson finally made his way downstairs, trying not to draw too much attention to himself. it seemed that cal, nikolai, lyra, and his foster dad jamie were already in the kitchen, presumably waiting for him and a few others for breakfast to start. out of the four of them, carson probably knew cal the best, given that they shared a room with each other. still, he felt no particular connection or closeness to anyone in the house - but he'd rather sit next to someone he knew, than get stuck sitting next to someone he didn't - or even worse, one of the younger children. carson grabbed the chair next to cal's and mumbled a quick "g'mornin," to nobody in particular before taking his seat at the table.
harrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Thu Oct 20, 2022 10:09 am

-- 𝓪𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓬á𝓷
        xxxxxxixxiixxxxxxx [ sixteen ] [ bisexual but she hasn't worked that out yet ] [ bedroom/kitchen ] [ ment: everyone in kitchen ]

Warming her skin as it flitted through the window, the sunrise woke Alesia before any alarms could. She loved mornings, taking care to rise quietly so as not to wake her roommates and made haste getting ready; she knew that there would be a rush for the bathroom once everyone was awake. After taking a brief shower, she tiptoed to the dresser that was home to, admittedly, many clothes that had been stuffed in haphazardly. That morning the girl opted for a loose, green knitted sweater and a simple pair of light blue-wash mom jeans and she smiled shyly at herself in the mirror; it was simple, yet perfect. By that time, many alarms had begun to ring throughout the foster home and the smell of breakfast on the stove proved irresistible to her – she could wait no longer.

Her steps were ever so light as she walked, lilac socks padding quietly on the floors, feet seeming to barely skim as she walked with a loping gait. The house was quiet for now, and this was her favourite time of day. She hadn’t been at the home for long at all but she had come to learn the behaviour of her housemates quickly; Cal would drag himself down soon, eyes bleary with sleep but a never budging grin on his face; Nikolai and Lyra would follow, most likely in that order, Nikolai shyer and Lyra bubbly if she hadn’t missed it; Carson would come not too long after, shyer even still but he seemed to do well in the mornings. She hadn’t quite nailed the routines of the others, and often still found herself being surprised by the ones she had learned. This morning, however, she changed her own routine a little.

The air was beginning to warm, so Alesia made her way through the kitchen, greeting Jamie as he cooked softly before heading out onto the porch to breathe in the summer morning air. The girl smiled to herself as the sun hit her face, breathing in deeply; she was glad to be here, and all too unaware of how long she stayed out there. Eventually, she roused from her daydream and made her way back inside – it seemed she’d nailed down her prediction this morning. “Good morning, everyone.” Her tone was deep, quavering a little with nerves as she hadn’t yet spoken to many of the other kids. Still, she took her place at a free seat and smiled shyly at the mishmash of personalities that had gathered.

x
ImageImageImageImage
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:30 pm

𝕯𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖊𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖘
          he/him | questioning (pretty gay though) | location: bedroom/kitchen, mentions: all

Damian was up a good bit before they were called down to breakfast. He never tried to get up this early but here he was. It took him almost 15 minutes to will himself out of bed. He was well aware how busy the bathrooms would be one everyone was actually called down. He genuinely did not feel like fighting for mirror space while he put on his eyeliner and the rest of his piercings. So he threw on one of his favorite hoodies and stalked as quietly as he could to the bathroom. It took him another quarter of an hour to finish getting ready.

By the time he was done the other early risers were starting to get up as well. He made up his bed and then decided to grab a sketchbook and wait for the foster parents to call them all down. He put a hand up to his face and sat in quiet contemplation. It had been awhile since he'd given himself any new piercings. He had been thinking practically since he'd gotten to this new foster home about doing his bridge or finally finishing off his ear sets but he hasn't really been up to it. If he had a chance later today he probably would do it. He had been kept pretty busy lately. Of course Damian understood why. Troubled kids with a past could get into trouble. Damian himself was pretty solid proof of that. But if he was honest, he liked the attention. Even when he was the only kid in a foster home he got less attention.

Once they were called Damian still waited a couple minutes. He didn't really want to be the first down there. Once at the table he got himself a cup of coffee. Well, it was mostly cream with a slight coffee flavor if he was honest. That thought made him grin to himself. Right after he sat though he was back to staring at his sketchbook. He found himself glancing out of the window and drawing the outside. It was especially pretty outside this morning. The sun was just about done rising but there was still hints of color in the sky.

𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐍𝐍 // ✰⋆.:・⋆
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

link ✧ Emo!!#3003 ✧ link ✧ ©
˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xstrawberryx » Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:33 am

☀Jamie☀
xx 38, he/him, heterosexual, foster dad, tags; Niall, Nikolai, Alesia, Lyra, Jaydyn, Carson, Damien, Bae xx

Jamie watched as all the teenagers started trolling down the steps from their bedroom's. Looking tired and not wanting to be here. Jamie turned his attention to Niall as he greeted him a good morning and sat down at the table "Good morning Niall, hope you slept well" Jamie greeted a chirped up Niall, he grabbed his cup of coffee to take a sip, leaning over the kitchen counter pondering. "Yes, i need you to tend Achilles today, get him ready for summer, he shed his winter coat, needs a bath and good groom, me and Morgan will spend our time out there too, i bet their already out there. get the barn ready for equine therapy, get everything set for this summer" after letting Niall know what his day would be like today, he turned his attention towards all the other children, peeking back through the window to check on the smaller kids outside. Jamie heard another good morning and turned his head to find Nikoli wheeling his way towards the table, there was a spot specifically for him that would fit his wheelchair enough for him to join the others. "Good morning Nikolai, i hope your night was well too?" Jamie greeted yet another teenager coming from their bedroom, a few moments came by before Nikolis sister came popping down the stairs with a cheerful morning and sat herself at the table as well to get some breakfast in her belly, Jamie smiled at the young girl shaking his head "Not yet hun, maybe a few good biscuits, otherwise that no" next after Lyra came Carson, then Alesia and Damien, but Alesia came from the front door where the porch led to a beautiful greenery yard that stretched to the back yard where the small children had been shooed to go play in. After Alesia came down shy and timid Bae, then the sneaky trouble maker Jaydyn. As everyone took a seat at the table to get something to eat, Jamie served everyone at the table including the vegetarians, one of the fatherly things he loved to do. He served everyone biscuits and gravy, orange juice if they wanted it and coffee for who ever wanted it. "The teacher is coming at 10, so by 10, i want everyone to have their homework, their school books, and anything they need for the classes Mrs G is going to teach today, i'm pretty sure she told you what classes she is doing this morning, so make sure you have your homework! And Jaydyn, if you could, please don't harass Mrs G today, thank you" Jamie spoke to everyone while they were eating, he went back to the kitchen counter to put down his coffee mug and rinsed it out with some hot water.

☀B a e☀
xx 17, he/him, bisexual, asian, whereabouts, mentions; tags; xx

Bae stepped down the stairs after waking up groggy, his black hair laid messily on top his head as he dragged himself to the table to sit down, after sitting down he was served with biscuit and gravy with a beverage of orange juice. Thanking Jamie, Bae digs into his breakfast, a small piece of meat hanging on the side of his cheek. Bae had always been a messy eater, sense he was a little kid, he wouldn't care how he ate it either, he'd just make sure there isn't anything left on the plate. Bae listened to Jamie as he spoke about school, luckily he was a senior in school and only had a year left of it, being the nerdy goof he was Bae had always been a teachers pet, trying to please the teacher and help them out with the students or anything they would need. Bae finished his food and gulped down his orange juice before scooting his chair away from the table to stand up, the chair made a loud screech on the wood floor of the kitchen, making Bae blush with embarrassment and cover his face, moving towards his room again to get his school bag that had his homework and anything else he needed for school this morning.

☀J a y d y n​☀
xx 16, he/him, bisexual, caucasian, whereabouts, mentions; tags; xx

Jaydyn stayed in bed for a moment, before realizing everyone in the room was now gone, probably having breakfast. With a loud scuff, Jaydyn drags himself out of bed rubbing his eyes gently before taking in the sudden brightness from the room. The male teenager stands up from his bed and walks to the bathroom, a few other males where already in there which made the male teen groan with annoyance, already knowing today was not gonna be a day he wanted to go through. Brushing his teeth quickly, and cleaning himself up Jay finally makes his way down to the kitchen to eat his breakfast. He could smell delicious aromas coming through the area as he stepped foot onto the wooden platform that led to the wonderful kitchen, where good smells were made. Jayden sat down at the table as he noticed Jamie looking at him, with a heavy sigh he flipped the foster dad off and ate his food after he served him his plate "Good morning old man" Jaydyn and Jamie where on good terms, but Jay would mess with Jamie a lot of the times, just to see their foster dad's patience thin, to see how far he could handle it before snapping into a mess of rage. Looking around Jay frowned "Wheres your wife old man? left work early again? you ever wonder if she might be cheating on you? maybe that's why she always leaves before you wake up, did you ever wonder about that?" Jaydyn smirked towards Jamie, a red faced Jamie "Too far?" he asked Jamie before finishing his last bite "It's alright, you can find better" getting up from the table the teenage goes to the sink to rinse his plate off and set it into the dish washer, then walks to get his things for school, saluting Jamie on his way out, smirking.
Last edited by xstrawberryx on Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xstrawberryx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:50 am

𝕯𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖊𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖘
          he/him | questiong (pretty gay though) | location: kitchen mentions:Niall, Jamie
Damian glanced up at every person who walked in after him. He felt slightly less awkward about staring than most people would consider normal. And when you look like Damian it can be off putting for the others who are being stared at. He was prickly and hard to get along with. Of Course he knew that. Everyone he met since his parents passed had told him that. He was used to it but he wanted this place to be different. He was trying to be better. But he still stared, analyzing their facial features. Then Niall walked down. He had a vivid picture of them both close together, he was piercing the other boy's ears. Who was he to be daydreaming? He cursed internally and thought quicky of something to get his mind clear. No matter what he did though when he looked at Cals face he imagined it inches from his own.

"Hey Jamie? Is there anything I could do to help with chores? I dont wanna eat your food and just not participate in anything around the house." His voice came across a bit more gruffer than it normally would. He cleared his throat and looked down at the table sheepishly. His face reddened. He badly needed to clear his mind of that mental image. He needed to stop staring at people because obviously his brain wasn't on his side today. His face flushed slightly as he looked back up to get the answer to his question.
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:01 am

Nikolai Hale
17|Male|Foster
Tagged: Jaydyn, Carson,
Alesia, Bae (all mentions)
Most of everyone was in the kitchen now, so breakfast was served. "Thank you." Nikolai quietly said. Taking just biscuits - given gravy likely had meat in it - Nikolai ate quietly, just observing what was going on. There was not much in the way of conversation, but what was most notable was Jaydyn being rude towards Jamie. Nikolai could never tell whether it was joking or not - but either way, he disapproved, and watched as Jaydyn left the kitchen, glowering towards him for a moment, before refocusing at the rest of room.
Never one to strike up a conversation first, Nikolai took comfort in the fact that he was not the only one that was more withdrawn and introverted. Such as, as he perceived, Carson, Alesia and Bae. His thoughts were interrupted by a loud screech of a chair against the floor, and Nikolai instinctively turned his head towards the sound - it had been Bae, looking quite embarrassed by the loud sound, so Nikolai glanced away quickly as to not draw any more attention towards the shyer boy.

Once he'd finished breakfast, Nikolai put the empty plate on his lap, and then pushed lightly away from the table. Going into the kitchen, so he could put his plate into the dishwasher, Nikolai then went back towards his room, to make sure he had everything for the classes later that morning.

Lyra Hale
17|Female|Foster
Tagged: Jamie, Alesia, Jaydyn (brief)
Damien (mention), Niall (mention)
"Oh good~ earlier than I expected to be!" Lyra commented. She knew she often pushed how late she could be for breakfast, so being even on time was quite a surprise for her. She watched as the other foster kids began trickling into the room, all ready for the day ahead. Including, she noticed, Alesia, perhaps the newest arrival to the home, only being here for two weeks. "Good morning!" Lyra responded to everyone that had greeted the room, not one to ignore them, even if it wasn't directed specifically at her.
As Jamie mentioned classes and homework, Lyra grimaced slightly. She still had a couple of worksheets to finish off, but she figured she could do them quickly before Mrs. G arrived... if she didn't forget to again!

Lyra rolled her eyes at Jaydyn. "Real original." she sarcastically commented, referring to the other foster's winding up of Jamie.
She glanced around for someone else to talk to, since she wasn't quite finished with breakfast yet. As she did so, Lyra noticed Damien - one of the fosters with lots of cool piercings and eyeliner - staring at Niall. And Damien's face seemed to have reddened. Lyra raised an eyebrow. Very interesting.
Pretending not to have noticed Damien's face, Lyra glanced towards Alesia again. "So, how are you finding it here so far?" she asked, warmly.

Morgan Astra
24|Nonbinary|Staff
Tagged: Jamie, Niall
Morgan entered the house, humming quietly to themselves, taking their boots off before going into the kitchen, where it seemed mostly everyone was gathered for breakfast.
"Good morning, everyone." Morgan greeted, with a wave. They noticed a couple of the fosters were missing - presumably having already had breakfast, given there were already a few plates in the dishwasher and on the counter, ready to get washed up. Fortunately Jaydyn being one of the missing ones. They weren't particularly fond of him, but wouldn't, of course, ever say that out loud.

"All the horses have been fed, given fresh water and full haynets. Ready to make preparations for summer." Morgan informed Jamie, "I just came back in for some breakfast, then I'll head back out to start grooming them all." They continued, then glanced towards Niall as they added, "I'll leave Achilles for you to groom?" presuming that the foster would prefer to groom his own horse.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:31 pm

-- 𝙣𝙞𝙖𝙡𝙡 '𝙘𝙖𝙡' 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙝𝙖𝙣
        xxxxxxixxiixxxxxxx [ seventeen ] [ bisexual ] [ kitchen ] [ ment: everyone in kitchen tags: jamie, lyra, damian, morgan ]

Ever-pleasant in the morning, Jamie had ensured to check in on Cal before launching into his tasks for the day – something that the teen had grown to appreciate as a staple of the morning routine. “All right, yeah, I’d never complain about getting more, though!” Was his answer, delivered with a cheeky grin that gave away just a hint of seriousness. He certainly wouldn’t turn down a lie-in if one ever came. As his foster father went on to describe his day, Cal nodded along. The day was as he had expected; summer was fast approaching, and preparations had to be made and, as one of the few residents with their own horse, he often found himself at the centre of those preparations. He certainly never minded spending extra time with Achilles.

As the moments passed, more of the foster teens began to amble into the kitchen for breakfast. Arriving shortly after Niall came the Hale siblings – quiet Nikolai first followed shortly by his more outgoing sister, Lyra. Whilst both Hales greeted the room, only Lyra opened any further conversation by asking if she had missed anything important, to which Cal simply shrugged with a sarcastic smirk, “Nothing exciting yet, I’m sure Jaydyn will be down in a minute to brighten everyone's day.” Carson had also arrived, taking his seat next to Cal at the dining table with a quiet greeting to everyone seated. A friendly greeting was returned, though the teen took note that Carson seemed tired – not that he didn’t most mornings – and chose to leave it at that for now; they were friendly for the most part but now didn’t seem like the right time to push it.

Across the table sat Damian. Cal had noticed him when he first came into the kitchen, but it was only now that he heard the other boy speak. The pair could not be more visually dissimilar, but Cal found himself fascinated by the younger boy’s style; he had no piercings himself, though not for lack of wanting them. He often found himself wanting to know the other boy better, and even more oblivious to the boy's current embarrassment. “You could always help us with setting up at the barn.” He interjected before giving Jamie a moment to answer, holding eye contact with Damian before hurriedly adding, “If that’s fine with Jamie, obviously.” Cal flashed the other boy a wide smile, tongue sitting just behind his teeth as the bridge of his nose crinkled ever-so-slightly. Shortly after, Jamie began to address the table.

“So, listen, I have all this stuff to do with Achilles and setting up…” Cal began almost immediately after Jamie had concluded his speech to the table about school. There wasn’t a soul in the room who would have to work hard to see the gears begin to click into place as his tired expression shifted from one of thoughtfulness to the slimmest hint of deviancy. Whiskey eyes glinting, the boy leaned an elbow onto the table and rested his cheek on his hand as he looked up at Jamie and continued, ever-so-sweetly, “So I don’t have time for Mrs. G right?” Perhaps he was pushing it, given Jayden’s outburst, but he figured it was worth a shot.

Morgan had entered shortly after the speech to inform Jamie of progress in the barn. When they addressed him, Niall nodded, “Morning, Morgan! I got it.” Whilst he was appreciative of all that they did for the horses, he much preferred to do his own grooming.

-- 𝓪𝓵𝓮𝓼𝓲𝓪 𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓬á𝓷
        xxxxxxixxiixxxxxxx [ sixteen ] [ questioning ] [ kitchen ] [ ment: everyone in kitchen, jayden tags: lyra ]

The skin surrounding her nails had begun to fray as Alesia picked at her lithe fingers under the table. She wanted nothing more than to strike up a conversation with the table, though try as she might the girl could not think of anything worthwhile to say. And so, she listened intently to the goings on around her; mumbled greetings and discussions of the day seemed to jumble into an overlapping buzz as she sat patiently waiting for breakfast. Seemingly lasting forever, the white noise of the kitchen was disrupted by Jaydyn’s arrival. The boy seemed to command the attention of the room as he walked in, full of confidence and attitude that stuck clearly out of place in the subdued, drowsy kitchen environment. Greeting him with a smile, the girl opened her mouth to wish him good morning but found herself cut off by his immediate engagement with Jamie. Taken aback, thick curls tumbled down her shoulders from side to side as dark eyes scanned the rest of the table for reactions.

There was not much surprise to be seen across the board, though Alesia herself wondered if the boy truly was being disruptive or simply just trying to have fun in his way? It seemed to her that he and Jamie tended to get on most of the time, so he probably didn’t mean any harm by it; he’d been nice to her in the short time that she’d been here, too. Lost in thought, the sounds and smells of the kitchen drifted around ambiently. Almost as quickly as the daydream had begun, it was ended by a warm voice. Alesia simply blinked at Lyra for a moment before she realized what had been asked, ears reddening at this. “Oh, it’s nice.” Though sheepish in delivery, the sincerity was clear in the smile that was returned to the other girl, “I-I mean, it’s a lot. It’s so different, there’s so many people a-and I’m not used to being anywhere like this. Have you been here long? Is it always like this?”

x
ImageImageImageImage
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

two

Postby harrington » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:34 pm

🌊 CARSON WHITE ! ! xx.xx

[he/him] [bisexual] [seventeen] [kitchen] [ment; nikolai, bae] [tags; cal, jamie, damian]

xxxxxxxxas the other residents gathered at the dinner table, carson felt himself becoming more and more uneasy. in comparison to some of the places he'd been, everyone - especially the staff and his foster parents - had been incredibly kind and welcoming. carson didn't buy it. call it what you will; paranoia, a trauma response, or just simple cynicism - whatever it was, it clouded carson's judgement and often skewed his perception of people towards the negative end of the spectrum. one boy in particular, niall - or as he went by more often, cal - always caused carson more cause for concern than the others. it wasn't that he hated the other boy, no, quite the opposite, but the friendly interactions and greetings that they've exchanged always left him feeling off. whatever that entailed, he wasn't sure, but part of him wanted to get to know him better, a lot better, and the other part wanted to knock the teeth out of him. still, he clearly hadn't hated him too much not to sit next to him at the breakfast table, a decision that carson was soon coming to regret as the boy spoke more than anticipated; however, it also motivated him to pipe up and participate in the conversation happening before him.
xxxxxxxx"oh, so cal gets to skip class to go play with the horsies?" carson responded to cal's comment that clearly wasn't directed towards him. "jesus christ, at least now i know who the family favorite is," carson's comment wasn't intending to be malicious, more just poking fun at the other teen's eager attitude. still, he did feel a slight twinge of jealousy whenever cal spoke with such ease to everyone around him. he even seemed to catch the attention of that one meek kid that carson often watched out of the corner of his eye. he wasn't completely confident, but he was pretty sure his name was damian.
xxxxxxxxturning his attention back to cal and jamie, fork still in hand, carson chimed in once again with thoughts on his own. "can i get out of class, jamie? i'll go... water the plants or something," carson quickly came up with an excuse, but his tone indicated that he intended to do anything but help around the house. "don't tell me i have to give that horse a mani-pedi to actually skip," carson griped, referring to achilles. his attention was soon caught by bae's movement of his chair across the polished floor, watching him abandon the rest of them at the table. after that was nikolai, who carson truly knew nothing about other than that he mostly kept to himself - which was fine by carson. soon, there were significantly less people in the kitchen than before, and his attention was brought back to damian, cal, and jamie. "if those two get to skip, so should i," carson waved his fork in the air for emphasis, "i swear to god if you make me sit in a room with that woman yapping about chemistry again i'm going to lose my mind."
harrington

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GrimmRatt » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:04 pm

𝕯𝖆𝖒𝖎𝖆𝖓 𝕽𝖊𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖘
          he/him | questiong (pretty gay though) | location: kitchen mentions:Niall, Jamie,Carson
A big part of Damian was hoping, praying that he wouldn't actually be assigned to work with Niall but something inside of him was hoping Jamie would say yes. That was the part of him he was telling to be quiet and go away but it was still very much so there. Either way Damian knew next to nothing about caring for the horses. He didn't want to have to be guided though the process like a child. That would be so incredibly embarrassing.

He perked up to listen to Jamie's announcement of the morning and groaned loudly when their foster dad was finished. He could do the work, he was really pretty good a it. He just hated doing the work. Honestly everyone did so he didn't feel so bad about that part. But then Cal spoke up, half jokingly about skipping class and Damian had a genuine moment of consideration. He laughed a bit at Niall's statement while images of getting to skip class and hangout in the barn filled his mind. "I would love to help out with the horses if it means I don't have to do work if I'm honest." he paused, a grin spreading across his face, the look of pleading he had been giving Jamie previously to not let him be paired with Cal turned into one pleading to get out of school work for the day."it can't be terrible to miss one day-"

Damian head turned when Carson called both him and Cal both out for trying to skip. is it really skipping if we actually plan on doing something? I mean I'm sure Jamie could find some use for you if you're that desperately bad at chemistry." he let out a low laugh but very quickly shut his mouth. He really wasn't trying to be mean. Damian didn't want to make a terrible impression on his housemates. He was not repeating his last couple of foster home experiences all over again.

Last bumped by xstrawberryx on Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:04 pm.
𝘈𝘯𝘺 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘴 !
Irl JoJo McDodd

˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖‿˖

GrimmRatt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups