Love Letters [RP Thread] [mods please lock]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Love Letters [RP Thread]

Postby beebun » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:18 pm

Mia Ramos — 22 — Climbing gym — Tags: Bridgette, Luciano
Mia was turned towards both Bridgette and Luciano, but her gaze never met their eyes. Bridgette was talking in her usual, loud voice. The brunette didn’t have anything to add to the conversation, so she kept quiet. While Bridgette was talking, Mia noticed that the blonde gave a lot of compliments. It was a kind gesture on Bridgette’s part, however subtle. Soon enough Luciano started talking, and Mia turned slightly to listen. She didn’t have a business-orientated family, and she was glad. Seemed to be a good deal of pressure.
“Leaving without you’re parents approval must have been a difficult thing to do.” Mia whispered, thinking aloud. Her voice was barely audible.
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FrijDom » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:30 pm

Caelien Quinn | Male | 21 | Tagging: Kazill, Tate, Elisabeth | Location: Mansion, Main Hall

"Sure. No harm in joining you, I suppose." Caelien offered a hand to the young man. "Name's Caelien. Yours?"
FrijDom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [008]

Postby senna_ » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:44 pm

━━ 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
    she/her..22..bicurious..location: climbing gym..mentions: tags..tags: mia, luciano
    Bridgette beamed at the compliment that was slid her way, holding her chin up high to show she truly did appreciate the words that came out of his mouth. “Why, thank you,” she returned. “Sometimes I like listening to French music and podcasts. I don’t usually know what they’re saying, but the accent is so…” She let her voice die off, curling her fingers into her palm before bursting them back out as if presenting something that had magically appeared in the center of her hand, puckering her lips to make a kiss-like noise at the same time. “Mwah! So beautiful.”

She finally allowed herself to fall quiet as she took in his words regarding his family; as reserved and distant as they were, Bridgette was able to get a decent enough picture in her mind. She had a feeling Mia, though naturally quiet, was likely doing the same. Did that mean his parents were supportive, or goal-orientated? Perhaps reputation was a big thing. For Bridgette, the Stark family lived off of a “do what makes you happy” sort of mindset. Obviously, she knew that wasn’t the same for everyone, but it was a bit more difficult to put herself in the shoes of someone with a much stricter lifestyle. It didn’t seem like much fun, really; while Bridgette was sure the air force was a wonderous experience, it seemed… bland. Unsafe, unwilling. Sure, there would certainly be lessons learned from it, but if Bridgette was going to go on adventure, the type of life-threatening – or at least, not the most secure in terms of strapping a good bit of safety to yourself – situation would be something like hiking near a cliff, or crossing over a large drop with just a bit of wire. The air force seemed so… She wasn’t exactly sure what the right words for it were, especially since she wanted to remain respectful. In short, it wasn’t for her.

“Well, that’s good, then!” she finally piped back up, after Mia had raised an opinion regarding his previous occupation. While she was eager to hear about his new passion, she was hoping she wasn't taking away from Mia's inquiries. They were just as important, anyway. “Especially because woodwork is so different than military. It seems more fun, anyway. Lots more creativity and freedom, anyway. Is that your job, then? What exactly does one do with woodwork?”

'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [007]

Postby senna_ » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:58 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    he/him..21..heterosexual..location: main hall -> stairs..mentions: tags..tags: kazill, caelien, elisabeth
    The raise in voice had certainly been a set-back for Tate, so much so that even despite the apology and continuation regarding his occupation, Tate found himself a bit more hesitant to ease back into the side displaying his curiosity once more. While he was genuinely intrigued by Kaz’s doings, he now found himself weighing both sides; if he brought up more questions, would it be bothersome? It seemed his teasing hadn’t gone over too well with the guy, so maybe it was best to remain quiet for the time being. The one thing he’d grasped onto quickly whilst living in Toronto was that people didn’t friendly “dude” one another, and he didn’t expect it to be any different in this scenario. So, he did little more than press his lips into a small smile. “It’s fine,” he said simply. “You’ve made it all very clear.”

The chuckle slid over his head as Kazill turned to address someone new. Tate hadn’t seen him up until this moment, but he suspected he had only just arrived. Guy in the corner. That likely would have gotten to Tate, too. In that moment, he decided it wasn’t Kazill intentionally being rude, he just had a different word choice than what Tate was used to. “Good to meet you,” he said, nodding towards the newest member in acknowledgement. He sent him a smile too, then turned back towards Elisabeth, taking a step away from the other guys to grab hold of one of her bags. “Sorry about all the questions,” he added rather sheepishly. “I’m not trying to overwhelm you or anything, I promise.”
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:05 pm

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Tate, Elisabeth, Caelien | Location: Mansion, Main Entrance

"Kazill, call me Kaz. Nice to meet you, Caelien. Unique name. Could I ask the origin?" Kaz asked. He knew that was a bit ironic coming from him, but he couldn’t help but wonder. "I mean, if you even know. I certainly don’t know mine," he admitted with an awkward smile. He cleared his throat, glancing over his shoulder at Tate and Elisabeth. "Uh…come meet Tate and Elisabeth. They’re nice!" He chirped.

Luciano De Luca | 26 | Tagging: Bridgette, Mia | Location: Mansion, Climbing Gym

Luciano shrugged. He didn’t really think about it much anymore. "At first, yes, faced a lot of backlash from my father, but I was twenty four at the time. I was an adult and they had no legal capability of stopping me." At the commentary about the French accent, Luciano didn’t respond, but he couldn’t help a tiny smile, fleeting as it was. It was nice to meet someone who had an appreciation for the language as much as he himself did.

"Kind of where my mind went. As much as I enjoyed my little stint in the military, after a while, it wasn’t me. It was an experience, but it wasn’t my calling, and that was that. As for woodworking…I have an imagination that I can bring into woodworking. Usually I do carvings and sell them, but I can also do repairs and all. I prefer the carving aspect. Allows a creative streak to really shine," he declared.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [009]

Postby senna_ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:55 am

━━ 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
    she/her..22..bicurious..location: climbing gym..mentions: tags..tags: mia, luciano
    Backlash from his father. While Bridgette suspected that was difficult to deal with, she couldn't seem to properly find the right words of sympathy. She loved her parents dearly; sure, from time to time they had had their arguments, but they had always supported Bridgette with everything she had done. In fact, when she had first considered moving to Nova Scotia for her education, they hadn't once tried holding her back. Something gave her the impression that if Luciano was in her situation, things would have been different. Of course, his life seemed far more business-like than her own, and if anything, she got the impression he'd go to a big city to attend an elite school for his education, assuming that was something of interest, but that was beside the point. "I like your attitude," she said, pulling her lips into a bit of a lopsided smile; approving, appreciating. "I feel like it would be awful if I had to go by everything my parents said. No hate to yours, though, I'm sure they're lovely."

She had a way of taking things too far when it came to sensitive topics, and while Bridgette had yet to figure out where exactly Luciano stood with his parents on a personal level, she was happy to continue speaking about something else. "Oo, you could attend craft shows and stuff! I always see cool stands with all that carving stuff; fascinating things, really. I bet you're real talented at it." A grin, a bit on the sly side of things, played at her lips, and she leaned forward slightly, as if about to reveal a secret. "I'd love for you to show me sometime, if you were interested. Maybe even teach me something, if you've got the time? I've never done that wood stuff before, but I've done pottery! And I'm a country girl. I haven't carved wood, but I've chopped it. That ━" she snapped her fingers and pointed to him in a cheery manner ━ "is a good start, if you ask me."

st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:56 am

Luciano De Luca | 26 | Tagging: Bridgette, Mia | Location: Mansion, Climbing Gym

"They are, and I appreciate all they’ve done for me, it was just a need for some breathing room to pursue MY interests and choose for myself what I’m to do with my time." This was unusual. Luciano couldn’t remember having ever opened up about even the little things so fast, but for him, that was part of the challenge. Learning to trust. Reminding himself these people weren’t here to hold things against him. Probably.

"I've never even thought about craft shows. It all seemed a bit too…flashy, I suppose. Loud, boisterous, so much all happening at once. Maybe it would be worth if to at least give it a try though," he acknowledged. Luciano tilted his head to the side curiously when she leaned in. "You would be interested in learning some things? It’s not the easiest craft in the world, but if you’d like to try your hand, I’d be more than happy to show you some tricks— and safety precautions, of course."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:51 am

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽
she/her ~ 23 ~ pansexual ~ location: main hall/entrance ~ mentions: ~ tags: Tate, Kazill

Elisabeth couldn’t help but feel a bit hesitant towards the slightly snarky comments that Kazill was constantly making in regards to Tate but she would let it slide for now. Perhaps he was just nervous but Elisabeth had a real distaste towards those who were rude towards others for no reason. She wouldn’t comment on it just in case she was just assuming but there was no doubt in her mind that she would make it know that she really didn’t approve. She straightened herself up, grabbing two of her bags which left two more for Tate to grab. “Oh I love how you said that. It sounds so lovely. I can’t describe it but that’s the best I could do” Elisabeth shrugged. “You have siblings? That’s so cool! And the bags of flour? This is probably a dumb question but how heavy can they get? 30 kilos? I can barely life that”.

“Alright Kaz, it’s time for me and Tate to take our leave so I can get rid of my sort of embarrassing overpacking problem” she shot Tate a pointed look, more like a ‘let’s escape’ rather than anything else. She flashed the others a quick but polite goodbye smile and began to walk in a random direction. She turned to Tate with a small but exasperated look on her face but she didn’t want to bring up what had just happened unless she has completely missed the whole point of that conversation. “I’m a Geologist and I know that sounds potentially boring but I promise it’s not. It’s actually pretty fun when you’re in a really beautiful place. What do you do? I’m sorry if I missed it before, I was slightly focussed on preparing a diversion. Getting back on the topic of baking though, do you think that you could show me some more things to bake? I love to bake but some of my recipes are slightly limited” she explained sheepishly, diverting her gaze before meeting Tate’s again. She didn’t know why she only just realised but he had a very pretty colour too them; a deep but unique shade.

Liz smiled and turned forwards. “Thank you so much for helping with my bags. I was a bit worried that if I attempted to find my room on my own, you would potentially never see me again” she was more than half serious when saying that, her cheeks colouring slightly.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:15 am

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Tate, Elisabeth, Caelien | Location: Mansion, Main Entrance

As bad as he felt about it, selfish, perhaps, Kaz couldn’t help but feel a flicker of annoyance— or was it a bit of hurt? He couldn’t tell, honestly— at how quickly he’d been dissed, even though all he’d been doing was trying to help, and bring a guy who seemed to be wandering around alone into the conversation. Gone as far as to outright dismiss him after the two had agreed it would be okay to head up to the room together to get settled. That was completely their call though. He figured maybe it was a matter of not being able to either recognize or appreciate his attempts at humour and friendly commentary. Was it much different where they were from?

"Yeah, go ahead, I guess. Message received. I know when I’m not needed." He waved it off, trying not to let his annoyance show. He liked the two well enough, even if he had been brushed off, but if they didn’t want him around, then that was that. He wouldn’t be the type to beg to stick around. Still though. That kinda came out of the blue. I’m not exactly trying to get on their nerves or anything. Quite the opposite, actually.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [008]

Postby senna_ » Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:23 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    he/him..21..heterosexual..location: main hall -> stairs..mentions: tags..tags: kazill, elisabeth
    The whole conversation shared between the three ━ Tate couldn’t really include the newcomer, since he’d only just arrived ━ had turned very odd very quickly. Despite his many ways of making Tate feel rather unwelcome, or uncomfortable, if he were to side with a more general term, Kazill seemed quite displeased when Elisabeth stepped away. Tate couldn’t quite seem to figure out why. Was it because Elisabeth hadn’t bought into Kazill’s commentary? Tate was getting the impression the guy was trying to get her attention (it was a dating show, after all), but it was evident by the way she shifted her weight and shuffled backwards that she was feeling a bit uneasy. Was it wrong of Tate to not feel as bad about the situation as he probably should have? After all, he couldn’t truly sympathize for someone else when he had just been thrown down under by his joke only seconds prior. They floated the same boat, although it was evident their reactions were very different. Tate, overall, was simply confused by the communication of the entire conversation. He had welcomed Kazill along, and Kazill had accepted, and the only thing he said that may have pushed Kaz back a bit was the fact that he wasn’t able to carry both his bags and Elisabeth’s. So why was he now saying he wasn’t needed, wasn’t wanted? That hadn’t come out of either of their mouths, and it was for that reason that Tate couldn’t manage a smile. He didn’t like those who assumed; when in doubt, ask for clarification.

He didn’t argue, though. Apart from the raise of his brows, an immediate, subconscious reaction that increased his shock regarding the muttered comment, Tate felt there was nothing more to say. He wasn’t going to offer again, as he hadn’t closed it off in the first place. Besides, it was Elisabeth who needed the help, not Tate, and Tate wasn’t about to step in and speak on her end when she was fully capable of doing it herself. She had made that very clear when she turned away from Kazill and the newbie ━ Caelien, his name was.

Mi dispiace, was all he murmured, and while it was directed towards Kazill, it was hushed, directed downwards instead of out. He paused a second longer, then shook his head to himself, shaking out the question marks circling his mind, and started up after Elisabeth once more. Guilt did swoosh in the depts of his stomach, but Tate promised himself to one person, and he wasn’t going to start a new task until he finished the first; Kazill was still more than welcome to head to the same location. It wasn’t like the rooms were strictly for him and Elisabeth, anyway.

His hazel eyes settled on the young woman as she slid some of her items closer to her. “Sorry about that,” he told her, even though in reality, there wasn’t a particular person to blame. “That made me feel a little… weird. My mother would have been all over that.” He let out a quick laugh, then tossed one bag over his shoulder with ease before reaching down to pick up the other. Both were surprisingly light, and he assumed they were the ones that had things like clothes and sheets inside. “I assure you, I certainly haven’t figured out where anything is yet, but how hard can it be?” His brows raised once more, this time in a more enthusiastic manner, as opposed to the quizzing expression he showed seconds earlier, then turned towards the large, swirly staircase. “Your bags aren’t too heavy, are they? I can trade if you want.”

He decided to take his steps slow in case she did decide she needed to swap. In the meantime, he dwelled on what she said. He sucked in a small breath and tilted his head slowly as he tried to visualize the numbers on the all-too-familiar flour bags at home, but nothing came to him clearly. “Cannot remember exactly,” he confessed. “I just know there were far too many of them; my madre was in the kitchen at all hours of the day. Italian family things, you know. I’ve seven siblings ━ I’m the second oldest. We always helped her when she was in town and back at home.” A subconscious smile had begun to tug at the corner of his lips at the fond memories. By now, he could practically taste the fresh rolls of bread she’d make whenever she had a few days off. “I come from a very Italian family, I packed a hand-written book. I can always lend it to you if you want; lots of ingredients, but not difficult. Sometimes my siblings and I would make big meals together. Do you have siblings?”

The slow walk up the stairs wasn’t nearly as bad as Tate was anticipating, but maybe it was because he was chatting. He quite enjoyed Elisabeth’s company ━ she wasn’t overbearingly loud, but she was evidently driven, and kind with her words. He could tell she was actually listening. It was difficult to come across those people, especially when he spoke of his own life. “A geologist! That sounds fascinating, really. What exactly do you do? I know the basics, with soil testing and all that, but what do you do? Surely you have a particular field or something?” Tate was genuinely very interested, but one particular thought couldn’t help but tauntingly linger in the back of his mind: everyone was already so accomplished and well into the successful part of life. A mechanic and a geologist. Tate couldn’t help but wonder what other jobs people had. Occupations, that was. He sure was behind schedule.

Meekly, with somewhat flushed cheeks, Tate returned his gaze to the carpeted stairs. “Nothing nearly as thrilling as being a mechanic or a geologist,” he admitted. “I’m still in school. Undergrad school. Then medical school. I’ve still got a good few years of student debt.” He chuckled a bit awkwardly, then tilted his head upward and added, “But it’ll be worth it in the end. I’m just a bit… behind.” He paused, then glanced back at her. “I’m sure you’ll meet a lot of guys ━ or girls ━ with accomplished jobs. Like a mechanic━” his eyes playfully widened slightly, and he could only hope she didn't outwardly assume he was mocking (especially given his position!) ━ “or maybe a teacher. I can only imagine how far along most people here have come.”

st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items