Love Letters [RP Thread] [mods please lock]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Love Letters [RP Thread]

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:06 am

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Tate, Elisabeth | Location: Mansion, Main Entrance

"Kinda, yeah. And I work with machines and vehicles on a regular basis and all, so the noise doesn’t bother me as much now as it did when I first moved in," Kaz acknowledged. It was a relief too. He glanced at Tate as Elisabeth addressed the other man, spelling out his name by way of greeting. He didn’t know whether the second comment was directed towards himself or Tate or both, so he opted to remain silent for the time being, but…he couldn’t help but agree with the commentary on parking.

"Yep, got everything I need, though I’ve packed pretty simple," Kaz admitted, nodding towards the suitcase half hidden behind him as to have been moved out of the way. Small, but he’d never figured he’d need much. Clothes, toiletries, a couple comfort objects from home, and he had a small backpack holding a water bottle and a couple notebooks to keep a journal of his experiences here. He expected this would certainly be an…interesting experience. Probably one he wouldn’t want to forget.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:13 am

Adrian Taylor/male/Tags: Taylor, Kass/Location: Getting to the House/Pansexual, Demisexual/Relationship Status: Currently Open/Woodworker
Adrian jumped slightly at a voice and turned to see a new face greeting them. He nodded to her silently. He was so awkward with interactions. He managed to squeeze out his name, “Adrian Taylor. No nicknames, just Adrian.” He silently walked into the house and he looked around. Yes, he concluded, it was really nice here as it was on the outside. Maybe even prettier and more elegant than the outside. He walked to the couch with the dark gray and red pillows. The pillows seemed to fit the aesthetics of the room. He walked towards the stairs and he said to the girls hoarsely, “I’m gonna explore by myself.” He walked away from them and walked up the stairs. How hard could it be to find his way. As he passed by a window in a hallway, he got a really good look of the pool. Vast and big, it was surrounded by oddly colored orange chairs and was surrounded by well kept grass. The trees looked like palm trees just like the ones he used to enjoy at the beach before he decided to come to these games!

As he walked down the hallway, he noticed doors. He opened one of them and guessed it was the bedrooms. Blue curtains were separating the beds and these rooms were huge! The beds had red and mint patterned pillows and had a purple comforter at the end. The striped blanket looking thing on the bed seemed a bit odd with the comforter, but Adrian wasn’t going to complain. He saw lanterns on the walls and windows next to the beds or some of them in the room. He didn’t want to go on the bed to the window as it seemed like they were nicely folded and tucked. He walked out and went back down the stairs he came up. He saw the two girls still standing there and he walked towards where the dining room was as he guessed what hallway it was in. He saw the gray chairs and the gray glass top to the table and he pulled a chair out and sat down. He brought small backpacks with him to make things feel like home when he moved into a room. He pulled out a picture of his family and sighed. Has he made the right decision in leaving his family? Of course...well…. no…. he wasn’t sure, but too late to turn back now. He saw his sister, Everest, and his baby brother, Kash, in the picture with his mother and father. Oh how he would miss the giggles of his brother and the never ending nagging of his sister. He put it back and laid his head on his arms that rested on the table.

Taylor Martin/female/Tags: Kass, Adrian/Location: Getting to the House/Pansexual/Relationship Status: Currently Open/Tech supporter or a job with computer science
Taylor said with a huge smile, “Indeed we are! I’m Taylor! Very nice to meet you!” She took the hand and shook it enthusiastically. She said looking over to Kass as she turned to glance at the nervous boy as he spoke, “This place is so pretty. Way better than my parents' dilapidated house.” She watched the young male go in and she followed. Her eyes shone as she saw the inside. Stairs led up everywhere and it was so bright and cheerful. The chandeliers were so beautiful that she could see them. The couches and chairs looked so beautiful and definitely made it seem more elegant. She walked towards the living area she presumed and said with her smile from ear to ear, “This place is amazing!” She turned to Adrian and said, “Don’t ya think?” As he just nodded, she said to Kass, “And this is where we're staying?” Not waiting for a reply, she explored the living room more or what she presumed it was.

She saw through the hallway a dining room. With excitement radiating off of her, she giggled with glee like a child that just got a lollipop or the first time she scored a goal in soccer. She saw grand chairs, gray ones, that surrounded a gray glass top table. She walked down the corridor a bit to investigate more, but trotted back to Kass so she could stay by someone who was already here. She wanted to call out to the boy again, but he seemed more nervous than before. She shrugged and said, “So you're gonna take us on a tour maybe or are you lost as much as I am in the house.” She saw the red pillows and pang in her heart reminded her of her previous boyfriend, Freddy. He had those same red pillows and every time they came home from a date, she would sit on the couch next to him with one of them in her lap as she clutched it when they had a scary movie on. She walked around the room and then touched one. MOVE ON, she thought to herself. She chose this instead of him and he wasn’t the best boyfriend anyway so it was for the best. She walked back to Kass and now was gonna wait for a reply. As Adrian talked to them, she said with a wave, “Ok see ya!”
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [006]

Postby senna_ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:26 pm

━━ 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
    she/her..22..bicurious..location: climbing gym..mentions: tags..tags: mia, luciano
    Bridgette’s gaze, which had brightened as she realized Mia was slowly warming up to the conversation, finally decided to flicker around as she awaited a response. The climbing wall was massive. Bridgette herself hadn’t ever been to a gym like this in person, having only seen such things through pictures on Instagram and Google, so while she wasn’t able to compare, she had a good idea, based on the size of everything else in this house, that this was literally a bit above average when it came to gym sizing. Were those different skill levels, placed before her? It had to be – one side looked far more advanced than the other. Bridgette made a goal to herself, then; she was going to make and complete the most advanced end by the time she was to leave the mansion. Her smile faded slightly at that. Would she even find someone and complete the mission? Not only would it be embarrassing to walk out alone, but she couldn’t help but question just how disappointed she’d be. How anyone would be, really, if they left by themselves. She prayed that wouldn’t be the case.

She jumped in her skin at the bang of a door; whether it was just opened or just shut, she still spun towards it. Up ahead, someone new was walking towards the two of them. “How ever-so elegant,” she murmured in a hushed voice to herself as the dark-haired stranger sauntered into the room. She was most drawn to his outfit; the coat he wore, long and flowy, reminded her immensely of Professor Snape’s cape, the way it danced around his ankles. While this guy’s didn’t do quite that, it was very mysterious-looking, like he was a detective, or stepping out of a scene for a thriller movie. Offering Mia a smile, Bridgette turned a bit more, so that she could silently include the man who seemingly decided to join them.

“Oh, not at all,” she assured him quickly, flashing him a big smile – a typical Bridgette Stark smile. De Luca. Did you know in France, de was often for the rich and the royal? Are you French? I don’t speak a lot of French but it’s still very romantic.” She placed her hands behind her back, rocking gently on the heels of her shoes. The chirp in her tone didn't die down as she continued speaking; “I’m Bridgette Stark. This is Mia, we just met.”

'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:46 pm

Kassandra DeMarks | 23 | Tagging: Taylor, mentions Adrian | Location: Mansion, Main Entrance

"Adrian," Kass echoed, nodding to him in turn when he didn’t shake hands. Perhaps he was uncomfortable with touch. She would have to remember that. Then Adrian quickly vanished into the house, and given his slightly cold demeanour, she did not make to pursue him for conversation, and instead turned her attention on the young woman in front of her, who struck her as being FAR more friendly, and shook her hand.

"I’m about as lost as you, you were here before me," Kass pointed out, letting her gaze rove around their surroundings. It was…quite a grand place. She could appreciate that. While she appreciated simple things, even more so, she enjoyed fancy places and things like this. "However, if you’re looking for a buddy to explore with, I certainly wouldn’t say no," she ventured. She liked this woman's bright energy, different than her own, but in a way that still somehow drew her in.

Luciano De Luca | 26 | Tagging: Bridgette, Mia | Location: Mansion, Climbing Gym

It was a relief when he was warmly received, especially given that Luciano knew that at times he could be…a little intimidating, what with being so tall, and quiet in general. Enough so that only a select few people knew much more than the basics about him. Here though, he would have to learn to open up. Maybe that was part of the challenge for him. Learning to trust. The woman in front of him was rambling off facts about his name that he had never quite bothered himself with, but it was a bit interesting. He’d never worried about the MEANINGS of names, but it was nice to know.

"Heh…not French, though I can speak the language," Luciano admitted. "Nor am I royalty, though I DO come from a family with considerable social status." Perhaps he liked bragging about it a bit, even if it was a trivial thing. "Italian descended, born in America, moved to Ontario when I was twelve," he remembered. "Lovely to meet you, Bridgette, Mia. Might I ask where you hail from?" He pressed curiously.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [004]

Postby senna_ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:50 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    he/him..21..heterosexual..location: main entrance/hall..mentions: tags..tags: kazill, elisabeth
    Or whatever. Through everything that had just come from the guy’s lips, those two words were the two that seemed to linger in Tate’s mind the most. Was it mocking, or did the stranger just not know how to properly put it? At that moment, despite his fretting, he was most confident his anxiety was playing tricks on him. Surely he was overreacting now; overthinking was his strong suit, despite it being such a negatively tragic trait to cling to. On the bright side, though, it was a bit relieving to hear that he wasn’t the only one outwardly intimidated by the size of the place. While there were many big buildings that his family had stumbled across throughout his time spent in both Genoa and Toronto, this was different. It wasn’t a building for sight-seeing, nor was it built hundreds and hundreds of years ago. The only significant meaning it held – as far as Tate was aware of – was its reputation regarding the show they were on. Love Letters. Did that mean they were going to write letters? To Tate, that was thrilling – there was nothing better than diving into old-school romance. It was far better than the online side of things, anyway. And charming, it was. Even if it wasn’t a thing, a Pen Pal would certainly be nice.

His meadow-green eyes flickered between the guy whose name he still didn’t know and Elisabeth as they conversed quickly. Vancouver. His head tilted slightly, and his gaze lingered on the guy, genuine curiosity present in his soft features. “I don’t think I got your name,” he finally blurted, meeting the man’s gaze. “Unless I missed it?” He paused, running his tongue over his lips, then continued; “Tell me about Vancouver,” he insisted, though the curve in his words in the last part made it seem more like a quiet request over anything else. “Please? I only know of it because of the Olympics.” A sheepish smile played at his lips at that, for he was admittedly a bit embarrassed that he wasn’t more educated on one of the busiest cities in Canada, but he was no expert on geography. His brows raised, promptly showing his surprise. “Are you an engineer?” He questioned. Vehicles, machines, and an actual job... How behind was Tate on these things?

His smile returned a second later. It grew into something that was seen more often on him at Elisabeth’s comment. “I think it’s an Old English name or something,” he told her with a light shrug. “Very not Italian; all of my siblings have typical Italian names. I am not too sure what the change in attitude was for mine.” He fell quiet once more as she carried on about parking – perhaps he had gotten lucky? He’d managed to find a spot with ease, but then again, he had been granted a small car and therefore had an easier time zipping in and out of spaces. “I guess that phrase isn’t always true… The, ah, lemon one. When life brings lemons… You don’t always get the sweet ones.” He grinned at that, even if his take on it was far from humourous. It was the small things that amused him, even if they weren’t amusing, or worse, made no sense. Tate was far from perfect when it came to languages; even in his native tongue, he still messed up lines and jumbled phrases. “Where is Oakland? There’s an Oakville near where I live, but not a land. I live in Toronto, but I immigrated from Genoa a few years ago – Italy, that is. With my whole family.”

He was mildly taken aback as she made mention of baggage, and for the first time since he arrived, Tate noticed there were indeed bags by their shoes. “Mine...” A frown played at his lips and a bewildered sparkle shone in his eyes as he glanced between the two of them. “Mine were taken at my car.” Seeing how Elisabeth had begun to back away, and also noticing she had more bags than Kazill did, Tate raised his brows in acknowledgement and turned a bit more towards her. “I can help you bring those to your room, if you’d like?”

st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:02 pm

"Ah, sorry about that. I'm a bit scatterbrained already. That’ll sort itself out, I’m sure. Promise I’m not always this bad at conversation. Things here are just…already a bit overwhelming. Kazill Smith, call me Kaz if you want. And Vancouver…not much to say there. It’s busy, it’s a bit loud pretty much at all hours of the day," he told him. "It’s got a lot of the tourist attractions people come for though, science centres, huge aquariums, and you can get anywhere by skytrain or bus, and stores of all kinds are EVERYWHERE. Literally on every corner, I swear. Overall though, it’s a pretty ideal place if you don't mind the noise, and most of the housing is apartments in my area."

Despite how crowded and noisy it was, it was Kaz's home, and he wouldn’t have had it any other way. The game said that those who wooed a partner through the course of the game would be granted a monetary prize as well as the first year of housing for themselves and their partner to move in together, and if that was the case, he wouldn’t mind moving somewhere a bit less noisy, a bit less busy, but it all depended.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:26 pm

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽
she/her ~ 23 ~ pansexual ~ location: main hall/entrance ~ mentions: ~ tags: Tate, Kazill

Although Elisabeth would hold onto it for a very long time, she did not want her secret to be know because it often brought her shame that she hasn’t experienced love. She often wandered what this meant for her future and since this letter thing begins, so would her surely interesting future. More people seemed to be arriving as time went on, but Elisabeth wasn’t exactly sure how many were yet to come and when the fun was about to begin. Waiting for a while often made her nervous but talking with others seemed to calm her down more than she thought. At least, even if it was only for a little while.

“There should be a rule as to when people are allowed to operate machinery so at least people can get a good night’s sleep without being disturbed” Elisabeth commented matter-of-factly, her eyes drifting over to where Kaz still stood. Elisabeth had always wondered how people were able to deal with a lot of noise because if it got too overwhelming, she was sure to disappear without a moments notice. That was fair though, considering that the majority of people enjoyed peace and quite so she wasn’t alone there. “Maybe your parents were just experimenting, and the name stuck. I’m sure all of your siblings have lovely names and there’s nothing wrong with a little change. I think your old English name goes quite well”. Elisabeth let out a slight laugh, unable to help it beforehand. “Have you ever had a sweet lemon? Well, regardless of that, lemons are REALLY good in lemon loaf” although Elisabeth wasn’t one for shooting out random facts about bakes goods, it seemed fitting in the moment even if she was only adding to the fun. “Oakland, California. It’s pretty decent but not as beautiful as I’ve heard Genoa is”.

“They probably only took your bags because I took my time parking, and they gave up on following me back and forth”. Elisabeth stooped down to grasp a few of her bags, cursing herself at the amount. “I sure didn’t skimp on anything while packing. Help would be really good, thank you so much” Elisabeth returned, offering a grateful smile. “I’m not any good with directions, I’m sorry” she laughed, meeting Tate’s gaze for a few moments.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

b [007]

Postby senna_ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:30 pm

━━ 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐊
    she/her..22..bicurious..location: climbing gym..mentions: tags..tags: mia, luciano
    Of course he spoke French. And he was Italian… That was another romantic language. Je parle un petit peu,” she grinned, and while it had been ages since she had last taken a class and wasn’t quite sure that was exactly the proper way to say what she was getting at, surely her confidence was enough to sell it. That was the one thing Bridgette was always proud of – even if she wasn’t good at something, she naturally had a way of adding a bit of spice with her own confidence, and it usually made it seem like she had a good idea of what she was doing.

She glanced back at Mia once more, mostly to silently check up on her. The girl had seemed a bit anxious when she first encountered Bridgette (or was it the other way around?), and Bridgette couldn’t help but wonder if that would increase now that another person was here. On the contrary, though, Luciano wasn’t nearly as chipper as Bridgette seemed to be; unlike herself, his voice didn’t echo off of the walls of the gym. Maybe Mia preferred quieter people, even though the smoothness of his tone was very dignified, rather than shy.

“Social status,” she echoed, brows raising. “How fancy.” Despite his choice of words, Bridgette wasn’t intimidated. She was quite content with her family’s coziness, anyway; she’d probably prefer it over heaps of money, even though she did wish to travel a lot. “That sounds far more interesting than my life. I was born in Canmore and moved to Calgary for school. That’s it. I do want to travel though. Are you a traveller? You seem like someone who would be good at travelling.”

st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 2:58 pm

"Heh…it’s more the traffic than any kind of construction or heavy machinery," Kaz told her. He slid his hands into his pockets, posture relaxing a bit. Kaz mentally kicked himself for not noticing the weight of the bags Elisabeth had been carrying and offering to help sooner, but he hadn’t been the most observant person that day, with so much to take in all at once. He averted his eyes.

"Well, um…if there’s anything left for me to take, I’m glad to help. Otherwise, I can lead you guys up to the room?" He offered, gaze sliding subtly towards the two, but not lingering. So far, socializing was not particularly successful, but that was alright. He was tense and awkward, which likely contributed to it.

Luciano De Luca | 26 | Tagging: Bridgette, Mia | Location: Mansion, Climbing Gym

Luciano smiled from the corner of his lip, unable to help it. "C'est tre agréable de rencontrer quelqu'un d'autre qui parle la langue." It's very nice to meet someone else who speaks the language. "Votre accent est très bon." Your accent is very good.

He followed suit though when Bridgette slipped out of the French back into English. Whichever language she preferred to speak, he would be glad to match. "Oh I wish. Maybe I will when I have more time on my hands. I have the means, I just never had the time, until just a couple years ago, I was serving in the air forces, and that’s busy work," Luciano admitted. "At the end of the day though, it wasn’t my calling, just family tradition."
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [005]

Postby senna_ » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:18 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    he/him..21..heterosexual..location: main entrance/hall..mentions: tags..tags: kazill, elisabeth
    A twitch of a smile followed up with Kazill’s comment regarding a lack of organization when it came to, well, practically anything in that given time. Now that was something Tate could relate to. While he had a way of remaining very calm under pressure, he had a tendency to let his anxiety get to the better of him. Truth be told, he was a bit surprised that he wasn’t sweating like a madman or anxiously shifting weight every two seconds. Despite being more of an introvert, the company of people seemed to relax him. For the most part, anyway. He supposed even with the tension he felt regarding Kazill at first, the tranquility that had fallen upon him was because he wasn’t alone. Not yet, anyway.

“Sounds like Toronto,” he mused with a hum of a laugh. “Lots of people, much traffic, and not a lot of fun. It’s nice to properly meet you, Kaz Smith. I like the name Kazill – I don’t think I’ve come across that before.” Science centres and aquariums… Yes, that was exactly like downtown Toronto. “Maybe I haven’t heard much about Vancouver because it’s a replica of Toronto. Pity, I’d always thought the mountains and views out there would make it more enjoyable. We’ve nothing but flat ground and dying meadows in Ontario.” He hadn’t responded to Tate’s inquiry about his occupation, but Tate didn’t dwell on that too much. If anything, maybe it had just gotten lost in the midst of the conversation, which was understandable. Comments were flying everywhere; it was undoubtedly a bit overwhelming.

He watched as the two shot each other small looks. While Tate suspected it wasn’t anything of romance, he couldn’t be sure. Did they already know one another, or had they just been standing there for a long time before he arrived? Tate wasn’t often one to look for competition, for he truly believed things fell into line by the way those above assigned and worked it to be, but he couldn’t help but feel rather small in comparison to Kazill. More youthful, less experienced, overall, less desirable. Tate wasn’t here to win over someone by burning the others away. However, he couldn’t deny that his petit frame and naïve look in his eyes probably made him seem a bit less like a romantic partner and more of a buddy.

The thought vanished as Elisabeth addressed him, and a grateful smile played at his lips. Grazie,” he returned, purposely using the Italian term to give his thanks, seeing how they were on the topic of it. His eyes lit up as Elisabeth rolled into a topic of food, and he found himself quickly skimming for a kitchen nearby. “I’m hoping there’s a kitchen here we can use; I’d love to make something for everyone. Maybe a lemon loaf, now that you’ve brought it up. It cannot be that difficult.” He turned back towards Kaz, raising his brows once more in an expected sort of way. “Do you cook, Kazill?”

Whilst he let the guy dwell on that, his eyes shot back to Elisabeth. “Oh, California! I’ve heard lovely things,” he told her. “I bet your beaches are beautiful.” He took the corner of his bottom lip between teeth in pure amusement as he pictured the young woman repetitively backing in and out of a parking spot. “They probably got frustrated,” he added playfully. ‘She doesn’t deserve my help after taking so long!’, maybe. I can help. I’m stronger than I look–” he cast a glance in Kazill’s direction, mostly due to the semi-drastic height difference – “the amount of bags of flour I had to carry at home was mad. Children, too; I have a handful of younger siblings.” He slid his hands behind his back, tilting his head up a bit. “Well, I’m no map, but I am sure it cannot be too difficult. Unless, um…” His voice died off and his expression filtered into something sheepish once more upon remembering that Kazill was indeed still there. In truth, his comment about coming with had momentarily slipped right over Tate’s head. “You’re more than welcome to tag along, although I cannot guarantee I can be a Bag Boy for the both of you.” A small smile tugged at the corner of his lips as he held up his hands. “I’ve only two hands.”

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me