ChickenPaint 2 now supports smartphones

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: ChickenPaint 2 now supports smartphones

Postby astraf » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:18 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:
astraf wrote:I don't use my ipad for the oekaki too too often but I looked at the new update anyways and when I tried to actually draw something nothing showed up? it just showed the little circle that shows you how large your pen is/where you're drawing. I didn't have lock alpha on, and even when I did it didn't work. I tried the pencil and pen tools but neither worked. I'd assume it's my ipad because pet dress ups also don't work but is there any way I can fix it? I'm on safari and I don't have a pen.

Yeah, the pencil and some of the other stuff wasn't working for me on my phone, but the pen and spray thing actually were. Of course, that's when I went to Animals/creatures to see if nothing would work on blank canvas either, but some of the tools worked there and some didn't.

I just checked and the tools that don't work are pencil, pen, spray, watercolor, any of the blending tools, and dodge/burn. I can still use colorpick, gradient, bucket, move canvas, and move the canvas view. The other ones I don't use so I didn't look lol
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:27 pm

Huh, weird...the pen and spray were working for me, but again that was on blank canvas. Also, don't know if the eraser is supposed to actually erase the whole layer, but I only had one layer up and it was erasing the white too? Idk, I've never tried erasing the bottom layer when I do stuff, aka my background layer or whatever. I usually do two or three layers for the background, so that would be layer one or the very bottom most background (which I've done sky and crappy looking solid color green on, calling it grass, but anyway)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:35 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:Huh, weird...the pen and spray were working for me, but again that was on blank canvas. Also, don't know if the eraser is supposed to actually erase the whole layer, but I only had one layer up and it was erasing the white too? Idk, I've never tried erasing the bottom layer when I do stuff, aka my background layer or whatever. I usually do two or three layers for the background, so that would be layer one or the very bottom most background (which I've done sky and crappy looking solid color green on, calling it grass, but anyway)

If you only draw on the first layer without adding any on a new canvas, it will erase the white and leave the checkerboard canvas (transparent) behind :>

As for not being able to use a majority of the tools, I just tested it myself on my iPad. Its 8th gen, iOS beta 15 (v3). What iPads, versions, and browsers are y'all using? I know its more glitchy for me on Google Chrome, and works better on Safari. All the tools work for me on both and have since the update to oekaki

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:44 pm

Ah, kay

I have no idea what my iPad is, but legit nothing works on there, not even YouTube, so uh...yeah. My phone is a ... iPhone, whatever the current newest version is I think. Unless they've already come up with another one that isn't out...or like just came out. I don't know, I don't keep up. It's an 8 or 9 or 10 or 12 or...I don't know, a newer one though.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astraf » Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:47 pm

MeepMorpLazuli wrote:As for not being able to use a majority of the tools, I just tested it myself on my iPad. Its 8th gen, iOS beta 15 (v3). What iPads, versions, and browsers are y'all using? I know its more glitchy for me on Google Chrome, and works better on Safari. All the tools work for me on both and have since the update to oekaki

I'm pretty sure it's gen 8 also. iOS is 9.3.5 and I use safari !
astra
SOUKOKU!!!!!!!!!!!!!
astraf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:26 pm

I think all Apple stuff is Safari right?
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VashTheStampede » Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:30 pm

Spiritstar3 wrote:I think all Apple stuff is Safari right?

It comes with safari, but you can use any browser (chrome, Firefox) that’s in the App Store :>

If anyone is using an old iOS software, and it’s buggy, I’d recommend updating to at least the current iOS 14 (14.6 or 14.7, I’m not sure which is most recent). Apple just recently stopped all support for 14.5 and lower

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Jul 20, 2021 7:18 am

Kay
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby triplethesix » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:39 am

i love this a bunch but the only personal problem is i feel like now i cant zoom out enough for the site in general while using oekaki?
triplethesix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby No one » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:42 am

So I love the new features, but I have one problem and it might be my stylus I’m using, but the pencil tool won’t work sometimes so I have to press really hard on my screen in order to get it to work. Sometimes it won’t work even after that. I also notice it constantly zoom’s in for me and I have to get out of the Oekaki and go back in. Other than that, I love the new update.
No one

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me