Rivercrest Equestrian Centre (Open & Accepting)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Rivercrest Equestrian Centre (Open & Accepting)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:15 am

Plot

Welcome to Rivercrest Equestrian Centre! Whether you're a new student, or you've been with us for a long time, there's always space for you! With classes in English and Western riding styles, and multiple options for boarding your horse with the centre, you can be sure that you and your horse will be getting the best experience. Don't have a horse? You can borrow one of the centre's horses! Don't have a lot of time for your horse? For a reduced boarding rate, you can agree to allow your horse to be used for classes for other students.

Currently, competition season is fast approaching. Riders are training for perfection, and the yard is getting busier than ever. So, Natalie and Richard Fairwood - the owners of Rivercrest - would like to remind everyone to be patient with one another and that the facilities are for everyone to use, particularly after things took a while to get back up and running after that terrible storm a month ago...
But there's also one more announcement... after this year's competition season is over, at the end of the next couple of months, Rivercrest will have to shut down. The cost of repairs after the storm was just a little too much to bear and there's just not enough time to save up to keep going after the season... unless enough money can be raised, but we can't possibly ask that of our clients and riders.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Layout

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:15 am

Layout
As you walk onto the main yard after going through the entrance gate, there is a small office directly to your right, and then you almost immediately arrive at the stables, which all surround an outdoor lunging paddock. There's also a large barn, which has more stables for horses. Walking around the back of the smallest stable building will take you to a sheltered area that has four large, open stalls for people to groom and tack their horses up, so that they don't have to do it in the horse's stable. This area also has two doors, one of which leads to the tack room, and the other one to the feed room. Walking through the brick building (which is more of a tunnel), and down the path, you come across the main riding arena, which is usually split into three sections (two without any equipment, and one section with a series of different jumps set up). There is also an indoor arena. Off to one side of the arena is a small cabin, and some chairs, for relaxation, and to get something to eat/drink, if desired. Additionally, there's a trail ride that goes through a forest, and next to a river, and there is also a cross country course nearby, which has - among other obstacles - log jumps, a water jump, and a hedge jump. There's also several large paddocks, for horses to be turned out into, with usually two or three horses that get along together in each one.

Rivercrest Rules (These cannot be broken)
- Suitable riding helmets must be worn at all times when riding and lunging, or helping in the indoor or outdoor arenas - no exceptions.
- You must keep your stable and surrounding areas clean at all times.
- Lock the tack room after leaving it.
- Ensure your horses are given their morning feed by 8am, and evening feed between 7-8pm. No riding after 7pm or before 10am.
- No running, shouting or any other sudden noises/movements anywhere on the yard or around the horses.
- While whips are allowed, spurs and excessive whipping are forbidden.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 am

You are allowed to have up to four characters, with one horse each - just so it's easier to keep track of everything. Post all character forms in the discussion thread.

Riders
- Rhydian Haverford | 22 | Flame | Consulting_Angel
- Ezrah Holton | 23 | Nova | Consulting_Angel
- Juliet Reinhart | 24 | Nightstorm | Consulting_Angel
- Name | Age | Horse | User

Horses
- Flame | Blazing Sunrise | Rhydian Haverford | Consulting_Angel
- Nova | Dazzling Supernova | Ezrah Holton | Consulting_Angel
- Nightstorm | Thunder Through The Night | Juliet Reinhart | Consulting_Angel
- Stable Name | Show Name | Rider | User
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Information

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:16 am

Each horse can have one or two disciplines, which depend on the style of riding that they're trained in. Note what disciplines others are using as well, to try and balance things out a bit, so not everyone is choosing the same few.
Also keep in mind a horse's age if you describe their level. A four year old will not be a schoolmaster, or even really on an intermediate level, especially as it's highly unlikely they would have competed yet. For this roleplay, no horses younger than four will be allowed either, and no mares having a foal.

- English
- Dressage
- Show Jumping
- Gymkhana
- Eventing (Dressage, Showjumping and Cross Country)

- Western
- Reining
- Barrel Racing
- Trail (essentially an obstacle course, such as opening and closing a gate, backing through poles, crossing a bridge, etc).

If you have suggestions for other disciplines that I may have missed, then let me know!
I will not include hunting or flat racing.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:17 am

You may use the forms below, or use your own - as long as everything asked for below is included. Remove anything in brackets.

Human
Code: Select all
[left][img] [/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality: [/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Personality[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences):

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

[b]Horse:[/b]
[b]Riding Style[/b]:
[b]Riding Discipline (if applicable):[/b]
[b]Other: [/b][/size]

Horse
Code: Select all
[img] [/img]
[b]Stable Name:[/b]
[b]Show Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Breed: [/b]
[b]Height: [/b]
[b]Personality: [/b] (just a few lines)
[b]Riding Style/Discipline:[/b]
[b]Owner:[/b]
[b]Other: [/b]

Rules
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply (it should go without saying, but there's always someone...)
- Roleplay post lengths must be 5-6 sentences, at the least, for each character. No one- or two-liners.
- Please use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, so that other roleplayers can understand your posts.
- No romantic relations between your own characters.
- Characters must be 20 or older.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:15 am

Any roleplay announcements or events will go here!
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me