into the woods [open + accepting]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

the hottest cryptid

mothman
40%
bigfoot
4%
yeti
8%
the veggieman
12%
shrek
36%

Total votes : 25

into the woods [open + accepting]

Postby pereyra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:51 pm

thousands of years in the future, after the oceans have run dry,
a group of researchers sets off across a seemingly endless forest
where the ocean once was in search of a new source of water-
and to discover what lies beneath the endless sea of trees.

the mission is dangerous- and of the group of explorers sent
out, many are doubtful that any of them will return. but the
lakes that have been used as a water source are also starting
to run dry. and, hey, someone's gotta do it.
Last edited by pereyra on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

into the woods [plot]

Postby pereyra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:17 pm

when you first heard about the expedition across the forest that was once the pacific ocean, you knew it would be dangerous- but you jumped on the opportunity to come. either because you wanted the research opportunity, because your desire to explore a part of the world that remains unexplored, or because you saw something else in it, you applied to join the group- and against all odds, your application was accepted.

now, your bags are packed and you're standing on a sandy beach with miles upon miles of massive trees and unknown plant and animal life ahead of you, with every intention of walking on foot through thousands of miles of dangerous terrain. you know there's a possibility you won't come back. but there's also a small possibility that maybe, just maybe, you will make it out on the other side.
Last edited by pereyra on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

into the woods [rules]

Postby pereyra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:33 pm

- follow the site rules. also, be nice to other people and include them. keep drama in character.
    - the characters here are all experienced researchers. i ask that they're all twenty-five or older. if you're going to tell me your character has a phd, then make them like... at least thirty. just... be realisitic about ages.
    - all races, religions, genders, sexualities, etc are more than welcome here. we accept everyone here. if you don't think you can be welcoming towards everyone, then please don't join.
    - you can have as many characters as you want. genders don't need to be even. however, the number of overall characters does need to be even because this is a dangerous expedition and we are using the buddy system.
    - there's no word count here. please don't post constant one-line responses, give everyone something to work with, but quality over quantity.
    - to show that you've read the rules, please put 'my character thinks mothman is hot' at the bottom of your form. this is a serious password and definitely not just something i think would be very funny and confusing to people who did not read the rules.
    - don't join then never post. if you disappear without warning, i will wait like two weeks, then kill your character off.
    - i will be playing a character who will serve as the leader of the expedition. if i tag everyone in a post, please pay attention to that post, even if it interrupts what your character is doing, because it's probably important. i'm just trying to advance the plot.
    - all forms and discussion belong on the discussion thread. do not post on this thread until the actual roleplay begins. i will cry.
Last edited by pereyra on Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

into the woods [characters]

Postby pereyra » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:49 pm

a couple quick notes:
    - there are an unlimited number of characters, therefore no reservations are needed. please don't pm me reservations. i don't know what i will do with that information.
    - yo if your character is here to research something, a fun thing to include would be what they're here to research. like, are they here to look into plants? wildlife? bugs? dirt? that's not a rule, it would just be a cool and fun way to develop a character more.
    - characters can't have pets, sorry. i tried to think up a way it would work out with this, but i couldn't. if you really, really want your character to have an animal and you can think of a realistic way to work them in, let me know.
    - your character is going to be assigned a partner. not a romantic one. if they leave the group for any reason, their partner has to go with them. again- buddy system. you don't have to hold hands with your buddy, but don't leave them. also you get to share a tent with them- so, you know, fun sleepover time!

here is what your characters have on them:
    - three changes of clothes
    - an extra pair of shoes (these are like... heavy duty walking boots.)
    - either (a) a rifle and three boxes of ammunition or (b) a short sword
    - two-hundred days worth of pre-packaged meals. we're talking protein bars and like... soylent. snack sparingly.
    - a journal and twelve pens
    - two cans of bug spray. not sure what that's going to help, but, hey.
    - a bottle of soap
    - two books of matches
    - a tent, which is shared between them and their assigned partner. take turns carrying it, it's only fair.
    - anything extra they would like to carry, given that it can fit into a standard duffel bag. please keep in mind that your character is responsible for carrying their own possessions, so don't get carried away.

expedition leader:
    hey, guess who i will be playing!

party members:
    name || age || gender || pronouns || user
Last edited by pereyra on Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

into the woods [extra]

Postby pereyra » Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:05 am

reserving this post because i'm sure i forgot something

Last bumped by pereyra on Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:05 am.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me