Welcome to Willow Park Community College! (O&A)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Welcome to Willow Park Community College! (O&A)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 pm

"Welcome everyone to another year at Willow Park! Whether you're a new student or returning, we hope you'll enjoy your time here! No matter your walk of life, Willow Park Community College will have their arms open for you."
The announcement from Dean Mulbrooke rings out across campus as you stand with a group of new students. This is the first day of your first year here. Whether you're here to get the credits you need so you can transfer to a four-year college, just to learn, or any other reason, you can be sure that you're going to have an interesting time, and meet people from the city that you probably didn't realise even lived around here. While you're here, why not sign up for a club or sports team? It'll look great on your academic record!

Wait, what's that about rumours of a serial prankster that's still at large around campus? Don't worry about it - there's nothing that can be confirmed... including the student that allegedly died as a result of one of them at the end of the year - pure coincidence, I assure you. *cough*
Anyway, have you seen the new dormitory building? It's worth a look, even if you're not staying in dorms.

Well, what are you waiting for? The first classes of the day are about to start, and you don't want to be late, do you? Oh, and don't forget the welcome rally and dance at the end of the week!
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters and Classes

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:52 pm

You are allowed to have as many characters as you like, as long as you can handle them all! There's no specific roles, so feel free to just post character forms on the discussion thread.

All characters, however, must select exactly four classes to enroll in for the semester. Below the class list is a timetable of when each class will be held. Each class has 3 hour-long lessons a week, though you should still study in between classes!

Class List
- Intro to Business
- Biology
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Music
- Performing Arts
- Spanish
- French
- Creative Writing
- English Literature
- Psychology
- Film Studies
- Fine Art

Schedule
Monday
8:00-9:00: Film Studies
9:00-10:00: French
10:00-11:00: Intro to Business
11:00-12:00: Music
(Lunch)
13:00-14:00: Chemistry
14:00-15:00: Performing Arts
15:00-16:00: Creative Writing
16:00-17:00: English Literature

Tuesday
8:00-9:00: Chemistry
9:00-10:00: Spanish
10:00-11:00: Performing Arts
11:00-12:00: Psychology
(Lunch)
13:00-14:00: Creative Writing
14:00-15:00: Biology
15:00-16:00: Music
16:00-17:00: Fine Art

Wednesday
8:00-9:00: English Literature
9:00-10:00: Physics
10:00-11:00: Biology
11:00-12:00: Fine Art
(Lunch)
13:00-14:00: Performing Arts
14:00-15:00: Intro to Business
15:00-16:00: Psychology
16:00-17:00: Film Studies

Thursday
8:00-9:00: Fine Art
9:00-10:00: Creative Writing
10:00-11:00: French
11:00-12:00: Spanish
(Lunch)
13:00-14:00: Intro to Business
14:00-15:00: Film Studies
15:00-16:00: Biology
16:00-17:00: Physics

Friday
8:00-9:00: Music
9:00-10:00: Psychology
10:00-11:00: Physics
11:00-12:00: English Literature
(Lunch)
13:00-14:00: (Extended lunch)
14:00-15:00: Chemistry
15:00-16:00: Spanish
16:00-17:00: French

There's also a range of clubs and sports teams to try out for and join! Most clubs meet once or twice a week, so be careful of potential clashes, if you take up more than one!

Clubs
- Glee Club (Mondays 17:00-18:00)
- Drama Club (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 17:00-18:30)
- Mathletes (Wednesdays 17:00-18:00)
- Video Game Club (Wednesdays and Thursdays 17:00-18:00)
- Photography Club (Thursdays 17:00-18:00)
- Event/Party Committee (Fridays 17:00-18:00)

Sports Teams
- Football (Mondays and Wednesdays 17:30-18:30)
- Swimming (Tuesdays and Wednesdays 17:30-18:30)
- Hockey ( Thursdays and Fridays 17:30-18:30)
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:06 pm

You may use this form or your own one, provided it has all the necessary information. (Necessary information being anything that's not optional on the provided form).

Code: Select all
[left][img]Realistic Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Classes:[/b]
[b]Clubs/Sports[/b] (if any):
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, optional)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

-Optional-
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Relationship:[/b]
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Enemies:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Rules
- No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply (it should go without saying, but there's always someone...)
- I reserve the right to not allow someone to join (whether it's because I don't think they'll be committed, or something else).
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining.
- Roleplay post lengths must be about 6-7 sentences for each character. Absolutely no one or two liners.
- Please use correct grammar, spelling and punctuation, so that other roleplayers can understand your posts.
- Please have diversity with your characters. This includes ethnicity, gender, sexuality, body type, etc. etc.
- Characters can be any age over 18.
- No romantic relationships between your own characters.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Enrolled Students

Postby Consulting_Angel » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:01 am

This is a list of all the characters that are in the roleplay!

- Fabian Aakster | 23 | Consulting_Angel
- Loralei Waverly | 23 | Consulting_Angel
- Atlas Duval | 20 | Consulting_Angel
- Jayce Pine | 25 | Consulting_Angel
- Alexander | 19 | Winchesterbros
- Jihun Lee | 18 | twinkie.
- Amelia Rose | 19 | gallimaufry
- Declan Michaels | 20 | gallimaufry
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
- Name | Age | User
Last edited by Consulting_Angel on Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Updates & Events

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:24 am

All announcements and events for the roleplay will go here.

- There is a Welcome Rally/Dance planned for the end of the roleplay week.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Welcome to Willow Park Community College! (O&A)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:16 am

Okay, the roleplay will now start! It's a Monday morning, about 11:30. Morning classes for the day are not being held, to allow students to explore campus first and to listen to the Dean's welcome speech. The first class will be Chemistry, at 13:00, as scheduled.

In the meantime, characters could be exploring campus, getting an early lunch in the dining hall, at a nearby café, or in the dorms (if they're staying in them).

Fabian Aakster
23|Cismale|Bisexual
Tagged: Open
Fabian has arrived a little earlier, and already endured the Dean's welcome speech. Now, he'd been taking the time to explore the campus on his own. Despite the oddness of the Dean, and the rumours going around, the place was very nice. He could see himself getting used to the community college. But he was still only going to be here for two years and then leave for another dance school. And he wasn't going to injure himself this time.
During his self-guided tour, Fabian arrived at a dance studio. He breathed out slowly, pushing the door open and looking around it. It was a good size, with an impressive speaker system... and the floor was excellent material for dancing on. Maybe, he thought, he'd have to try it out before classes started... he didn't have Performing Arts until 2pm, so that was plenty of time to get used to everything.

Loralei Waverly
23|Cisfemale|Lesbian
Loralei sat down on the large edge of the fountain, listening to the water crashing behind her, while also watching the Dean perform the welcome speech once again, some way across the quad, to another crowd of students that had just arrived. She was looking forward to her time here. Maybe she'd get to do something with her career now, finally. Loralei smiled to herself. Even if some things fell through, she was genuinely excited to finally be able to do this. It helped that it was much cheaper than a regular college, and easier for her to get to. And the admission requirements were very low as well. She was pretty sure that almost anyone would be able to get themselves accepted.
With a content sigh, Loralei checked her class schedule. She'd have a couple of classes later on, and she was looking forward to getting started with them. Maybe she'd be able to improve her writings during them as well.

Atlas Duval
20|Cismale|Bisexual
The first thing Atlas had wanted to do when he arrived - after having to listen to the Dean's welcome speech - was to find out what the food was like. After all, there were going to be some days that he was going to have to eat here. And he also was going to have a class a little later today anyway, so he might as well keep himself occupied until he needed to go to it. He'd already had a couple of tours of the building and campus before he'd enrolled, so he wasn't worried about finding his way around.
Atlas lined up, taking a tray, and then getting a small selection of the food on offer today - potato wedges, a flapjack, a salad, and a slice of cheese pizza among his pickings. He was surprised that it didn't cost as much as he thought it would, so that was a good mark for him. Then, Atlas went to sit down at a table.

Jayce Pine
25|Transmale|Bisexual
Jayce knew that he wouldn't have come onto campus today unless he had a class scheduled - which he did. And it happened to be a rather late one. It seemed like a bit of a waste for him to be around already, but he wanted to get to know the campus a bit more. He'd neglected to take a tour before applying or getting enrolled, so he'd have to do it today... hopefully before English Literature was due to start, because otherwise he'd be rather... lost. But since there was plenty of time before it, Jayce had decided to sit in the café that was on campus, enjoying a green tea that had a drizzle of honey in it, and a cinnamon and raisin roll. At least the cafe food and selection was good. But he still had over four hours to kill. Maybe he'd go and actually take a tour around campus after he was finished. He looked forward to seeing if anything particularly stuck with him in terms of an interest for a career - no matter how long it takes.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dejun. » Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:39 am

jihun lee // 18, male // tags, atlas

Jihun was literally vibrating with excitement. His arms shook with anticipation and legs threatened to give out from under him. After all of the convincing his parents it took, he was finally here! All of this felt so surreal, he wondered if it was a dream. A quick pinch debunked that.
      With a slight skip in his step, Jihun meandered through the campus, no aim or destination in mind. Exploring - even though he had attended tours - was giving him somewhere to send his pent up energy. Jihun had checked the class schedule earlier, sighing in contentment when he saw three lessons for today. It made him even more enthusiastic of the day to come.
      Feet halting him, Jihun realized he was at the cafeteria. To be honest, he wasn't feeling the least bit hungry. Perhaps he should just turn away and wander around some more? And, he was about to do just that when a thought occured to him. Friends! This was a great opportunity. From the several people milling around, he chose his target from the shock of bright hair. "Hello!" Jihun beamed when he approached.
dejun.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ayato ototochan » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:00 pm

Alex//19//homosexual
After spending the whole morning exploring where his classes were going to be, and where everything was on campus, he unpacked his things in his new dorm room. He was quite happy to have gotten away from his demons...for now anyway, and to start a new life. He really didn’t have any reason to enroll in the school, but it was far from his home, far from his past that he thought he would be safe. In fact, it was closer to his acting job than anything. After what felt like forever, he decided to head to the café to get some espresso and to just hang out in a new atmosphere. He walked in, ordered his coffee and sat at a table, spreading his schedule and book list out onto it. He didn’t really want to socialize after all.
Ayato ototochan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

one.

Postby gallimaufry » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:24 pm

amelia rose // ame // 19 // heterosexual // location: campus cafe // tagged: n/a // mentions: alex

amelia's eyes graze across the softly lit cafe, taking in all that's around her. she had decided to come onto campus early, despite her only class of the day being at 15:00. sat in a little nook in the corner, she sipped her iced mocha latte and read a novel by her favorite author, rainbow rowell. she debated bringing along her sketchbook to draw out project ideas, but left it tucked away in her dormitory desk. she sighed softly, looking up when the bell at the cafe door jingled. a young man walked in and sat at a table after ordering coffee. her eyes lingered a bit before traveling back down to her book. she had yet to speak to any of her peers on campus and that didn't both her... that much. she was content being by herself, but something deep down told her not to accept that. after missing out on so much during high school, she felt the need to get out of her shell. she just was unsure how to do so without being awkward.

declan michaels // 20 // bisexual // location: // tagged: loralei // mentions: n/a

declan sauntered across the quad, not paying much attention to the dean's speech or anything else around him. he kicked a pebble along as he walked, rolling his eyes. this was his second year at the community college and nothing much had changed since his first day as a freshman. he had gotten into a routine of making a ruckus when he could, but was never able to capture anybody's attention after he acted out. he was smart enough to never do anything to get him kicked out of school, but he still was familiar with breaking the less detrimental rules. shaking the scheming of his next 'event' out of his head, he strolled over to the campus fountain, sitting on the edge. his first class wasn't til 16:00, but he couldn't stand being holed up in his cramped apartment all morning. he turned his head to the side, noting a girl sitting a distance from him at the edge of the fountain. his eyes lit up as a { most likely } bad idea came to mind. he slowly dipped his hand into the fountain's cool water and flicked a small amount across the distance between he and the girl, hoping some would land on her. he smirked, waiting for her reaction.
gallimaufry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:03 am

Fabian Aakster
23|Cismale|Bisexual
Fabian has arrived a little earlier, and already endured the Dean's welcome speech. Now, he'd been taking the time to explore the campus on his own. Despite the oddness of the Dean, and the rumours going around, the place was very nice. He could see himself getting used to the community college. But he was still only going to be here for two years and then leave for another dance school. And he wasn't going to injure himself this time.
During his self-guided tour, Fabian arrived at a dance studio. He breathed out slowly, pushing the door open and looking around it. It was a good size, with an impressive speaker system... and the floor was excellent material for dancing on. Maybe, he thought, he'd have to try it out before classes started... he didn't have Performing Arts until 2pm, so that was plenty of time to get used to everything.

Loralei Waverly
23|Cisfemale|Lesbian
Tagged: Declan
She'd not been paying much attention to what was exactly going on around her, instead just idly thinking about what classes were going to be like. She hoped the other students would be nice. Even though she was sure the class would be filled with sensible young adults, she was still a little concerned in the back of her mind as to what they may or may not say or think about her.
Loralei jumped when she felt a few flecks of water land on her, from the side, so she knew that it was not the fountain - if it had been spraying her with water, then she would have moved a while ago. Then, she glanced around to face the direction that the water had come from, and saw a boy smirking. Clearly, she thought, he was the perpetrator. "You dropped some water. Here." Loralei said, and she flicked some water back towards him.

Atlas Duval
20|Cismale|Bisexual
Tagged: Jihun
Atlas started on the salad, first checking it to make sure there weren't any unexpected additions to it - such as bugs - then, satisfied it was okay, he began eating it.
It wasn't long, however, before he was approached by a boy that seemed to be incredibly excited to be here. Atlas wasn't sure why - it was just a community college. He couldn't wait to be out of here, he just needed to get the credits, then he'd transfer. Maybe he'd even take some summer classes just to see if he could graduate from here earlier. Then he could take a full time job for the rest of what would be his second year, before he transferred. It was a quite a set out, long term plan, and he was pretty sure that nothing was going to change it.
Realising that he'd not said anything yet, Atlas quickly replied, "Hello," he returned the greeting, a little more neutrally, and cautious.

Jayce Pine
25|Transmale|Bisexual
Tagged: Alex, Amelia
One thing Jayce knew he liked was people watching. So many people around him, coming from all sorts of backgrounds. He wondered what their stories were... the classes they were going to enroll in and why. He never stared long enough to be caught or considered creepy, of course. Two of those people he glanced over to see what they were doing, was a boy with dark brown hair, looking quite like he wanted to be left alone, and a girl sat in the corner with a book, looking uncertain about socialising.
Jayce finished up his snack, then he stood up, with his drink, then walked by the table of the boy, bumping slightly into it, nearly dropping his drink, but he steadied himself before he did so. "Oops. Nearly dropped my drink on you, sorry about that." Jayce said to the boy, with an apologetic smile.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me