【en garde!】[ historical rp ] 【o & a】

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

【en garde!】[ historical rp ] 【o & a】

Postby ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:16 am

░░
░░
░░
░░

A
l
l

f
o
r

o
n
e

a
n
d

o
n
e

f
o
r

a
l
l

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂

▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂
introduction.
The year is 1625, France, and you have just arrived in Paris. Young, confident and hungry for success, you aspire to join the legendary ranks of the Musketeers, the sworn brothers and protectors of the monarch.
But without any money or status to your name, you are going to have to work harder than anyone else to succeed. You have been accepted into the Royal academy, where you will be judged solely on your wits and skill. As a candidate for the king's guard, you will have to learn a lot more than just fencing. Horsemanship, marksmanship, swordsmanship, good etiquette and dancing will all be things required of you to know. You are a soldier first, but always a gentleman. In the presence of royalty, you are expected to act with grace.

rules.
i. Follow Tess' rules
ii. drama and sword fights are encouraged
iii. please disable your signature when posting
iv. leave out the gory deatails if you draw blood and fade to black if neccesary.
v. Some historical accuracy is nice, but nothing is set in stone so be creative as long as as you keep it realistic.
vi. All characters are 18+, maximum two characters/person.
[ Dueling rules. First to bleed or disarm their oponent wins, always fight honourably, and never use any weapon but your sword. ]
This roleplay is inspired by (but not based on) the moment when D'artagnan first meets M. Treville in Alexandre Dumas' The three musketeers.
▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂

the Royal academy. The academy is located on the southern bank of the Seine, a short walk from the musketeers' headquarters and roughly two bells travel by horse from Versailles. It's an old, ornate, polygon stone building with platina green copper roof in the style of a villa. Sourrounding it is a garden, a yard, and an annexing stable, in turn enclosed by a stone wall. Lillies and daffodils line the pathway leading up to the carved oak doors, and rose bushes climb up the fenestration.
Inside the villa is a large dining area, a kitchen, a lounge, a library, a fencing hall and the director's office, as well as countless small sitting areas crammed into various nooks and crannies. It's furnished modestly, yet with a homley feel. Dark colours and heavy fabrics prevail, inbetween glass windows which splash the floors and walls with light.

▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂

events. The king and queen will be greeting their subjects after their service at Notre Dame within a fortnight.

missions. The academy has been asked to provide reinforcements for the royal public apperance.
Last edited by ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ on Fri May 31, 2019 4:55 am, edited 35 times in total.
ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【en garde!】[ swordfighting rp ] 【o & a】

Postby ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:17 am

The director
- runs the place
Lazare Bessette//ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
The fencing master
- master swordsman
Eustace de René//ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ
The chevalier
- riding master
Phillipe Dubois//Boxen.

Supervisor
- supervising musketeer
Matthias Castille//montmorency
Supervisor
- supervising musketeer
Aloisio Acrementt//Politic
Supervisor
- supervising musketeer
Elizabeth Durand//GreenAppleTea

The belle
- a royal court member
- instructing in etiquette and finery
Lerissa Teresa von Donsbach//K. Howard
The cook
- the academy's own cook
Marie Fournier//Boxen.
The valet
- a servant, liked by all
name/gender/user

The squire
- student
- the master fencer's apprentice
Lucian James Paxton//~( ̄へ ̄~)
The assistant
- student
- the director's apprentice
name/gender/user
- bla bla
- blah blah blah
The groom
- student
- the chevalier's apprentice
Lachlan James Fraser//Skyet

Student
Artair Domnell Fraser//Skyet
Student
name/gender/user
Student
name/gender/user
Last edited by ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ on Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 am, edited 54 times in total.
ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【en garde!】[ swordfighting rp ] 【o & a】

Postby ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:55 pm

░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░
░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

░░

i. name ;; Lazare Bessette
ii. age ;; 32 years
iii. gender ;; male
iv. role ;; The director

v. personality ;; demure, secretive, laconic, supercilious, courteous, bonair, organised, detached, vain, cares for his friends, enjoys reading.

vi. history ;; Hailing from the south of France, the younger son of a nobleman, Lazare was sent to Paris to serve as an officer at court. He showed promise early on, and gained favour as time progressed.
He aquired a taste fo the finer things in life while staying in Paris, but alas he was removed from court to advance in his military ranks. He served in the garde du corps for a time until he sustained a gruesome injury to his shoulder while out riding and was deemed unfit to fight, but still having a certain knack for dicipline and swordfighting, was recomended for the position as director of the Royal academy.
Since his injury he has become solemn and finally somewhat settled down, though still a bachelor.
▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ▂▂▂▂

i. name ;; Jean Eustace de René
ii. age ;; 40
iii. gender ;; male
iv. role ;; The fencing master

v. personality ;; pragmatic, honest, gallant, witty, outgoing, restless and reckless, friendly, loyal, bonafide, merry, has a good heart.

vi. history ;; A native parisian, Eustace’s childhood was spent with his half-siblings and stepmothers, always switching homes, as his father both married and remarried twice. Though he spent his teenage years with his mother, when his father thought him too boisterous to have around. Around this time, he stripped a soldier of his sword one night when gambling, and thought it a magnificent price. He began practicing, and discovered he possessed a natural talent. This motivated him to join Paris' city watch, where he became a permanent member of the night's watch. He started regularly participating in duels and made quite the name for himself as a skilled swordsman during his service. Then one day, while off duty, a mounted gentleman riding by was suddenly attacked and harassed by a group of masked culprits. Eustace fought them off and thus attracted the young nobleman's attention, a monsieur Bessette, due to his remarkable fencing skills, upon which they established an acquaintance. The man said Eustace was clearly destined for greater things, and wrote him a recommendation letter for the musketeers as thanks for him saving his life. Later that same gentleman, now director, took him up on an offer to become a teacher and fencing master at the Royal Academy if a soldier's life didn't suit him anymore. Eustace gratefully accepted.
Last edited by ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:37 pm, edited 53 times in total.
ғᴏʀᴇsᴛ★ᴄʀɪᴛᴛᴇʀ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby montmorency » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:48 pm

x
x
x
x
x
xxxxface claim: jim caviezel
xxxmatthias x castille
xxxImage
                name: matthias castille
                role: supervisor

personality: matthias is a phlegmatic man with a stoic face. he is rather strict, tending to keep a close eye on the students of the royal academy. deep down, he holds a soft spot for them and his friends, but he believes emotion and attachment can be a vulnerability. for some, it can be hard to tell if matthias likes them, which can be a little off-putting. when in pain, he tends to go silent, keeping his focus on getting through it and not reacting.
                history: born to a poor single mother in southern normandy, matthias grew up accustomed to the life of a commoner. however, when he was eight, his mother married a viscount, which allowed them all to live the high life, for the most part. matthias often visited paris, and, encouraged by his father, became an infantryman when he was old enough. he switched to being a musketeer once the opportunity arose, as one of his commanders recommended him. he rose in the ranks, but retired into a role as a supervising musketeer at the academy quite recently.
                abilities: matthis is good with a sword, but he is most notably an excellent marksman. he's pretty average with a horse and, perhaps surprisingly, is a very capable dancer (he tries not to have to actually dance, however).
Last edited by montmorency on Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
montmorency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 【en garde!】[ historical rp ] 【o & a】

Postby Skyet » Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:38 am

res. the groom please. will post form later today
Skyet