You Can't Handle the Fame (WIP/DNP)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

You Can't Handle the Fame (WIP/DNP)

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:52 am

Los Angeles... where people try to make their dreams of making it big in the world come true. Or they just happen to live there because they want to and can.
For those that are here for the fame, though, they usually have to spend years to build up their brand, and work hard to get themselves the recognition that they desire. So it comes as more than just a bit of an annoyance when six new-to-towners suddenly become overnight sensations with just a couple of months of them arriving. But the fame isn't what all of them wanted, and it certainly isn't what they expected. With paparazzi hounding their apartment block doors, reporters scrutinising their every move, it's safe to say that it's definitely something that will take a lot of getting used to. Especially as they have a lot to prove and have made quite a few enemies. But they will manage to pull through together, right? And with the help and support (in most cases) from four other people in the same apartment building, will they maintain their fame? Or will they crash and burn and become a never-was?
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Characters

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:43 am

You are allowed to have up to two characters, provided they are not from the same couple. PM me to reserve, and post characters on the discussion thread.

Reservations are not open.

1. New Lead
Muse A is an aspiring actor, looking to make it in film big time. After having various first auditions for some rather unglamorous commercials - including foot powder, air freshener and a new fizzy drink - she eventually managed to land an audition for a minor role in a highly-anticipated upcoming film, with the help of Muse B, who already has a minor part as a lower-level side character with four or five scenes. Managing to shine in the audition, the director cast Muse A. After a couple of shaky first days, Muse A's potential shone through and resonated with the director, who then decided to elevate Muse A's role to become one of the film's leads. Just a day later, Muse A became one of the most talked about people - after all, she's only been in town for a couple of months and has already been given a lead role in one of the most anticipated movies of the year. But Muse B has been in the game far longer than Muse A, and so the feelings of jealousy are hard to ignore. And Muse A has always believed in working hard to get what you want, and hadn't been expecting a lead role for a couple of years at least. Muse B isn't the only one getting jealous. One of the other leads is deeply unhappy with Muse A's character promotion, and takes to attempting to sabotage Muse A and finding ways to blame for things in (albeit unprofessional) attenpts to get her fired from the film. Though difficult, Muse B puts aside their jealousy and works with Muse A to help her deflect the attempts - as much as they can, anyway - and also confides in Muse A their thoughts. While their friendship grows stronger, so does the growing, deep feelings they have for one another...
Muse A|Age|Female|Pronouns|User
Muse B|Age|Non-Binary|Pronouns|User

2. Singing Sensation
After a video of Muse C's went viral beyond YouTube - of them performing an original song of their's - talent scouts and record labels have been reaching out to Muse C, determined to get them to sign a deal with them. They quickly get overwhelmed with the sudden attention, as they are slated to be the next big, chart-topping singer/musician. But it doesn't let up for them at any point. Even after finally signing a deal (which fellow musician Muse D helped them out with), and attempting to tell people that their first album won't even be out for at least a good nine months (so that they can write, record, mix and do all they need to for the album), the attention won't stop. Even the bar gigs that they perform at get sold out and are packed with new fans. Muse D has been trying to get a breakthrough on the music scene for at least a year now - bars regularly have him perform, and his shows get a good audience, but no record label has approached him yet for a record deal. At this point, he's pretty much prepared to try and go independent, though the costs are concerning, and not something that he can afford for a while. He does appreciate Muse C's attempts to get him noticed, though, by using themself as a platform to help promote Muse D's music. But seeing the almost disturbing attention Muse C gets, Muse D starts to have second thoughts about whether or not he really wants to make it big. Not only that, but Muse C starts feeling more pressure to stay true to themself in their music, while their record label pushes them to write music faster, and heavily encourages them to use other songwriters, and go with a repetitive pop style. Supporting each other, the two find themselves drawing closer to one another.
Muse C|Age|Non-Binary|Pronouns|User
Muse D|Age|Male|Pronouns|User

3. Just for Laughs
Muse E and Muse F are an unofficial comedy duo. While they work incredibly well together, and have excellent chemistry when performing stand up and comedic acting together, they also work well on their own. Admittedly, their careers have already had a bit of a kickstart before moving to LA, having performed in various smaller venues in and around their hometown already, and definitely have something of a small following that has been growing when videos of their stand up and live sketches have been posted on the internet by fans. It's perhaps this that certainly helps the two of them begin their careers a little faster than the others. They are booked out to several comedy club venues - sometimes individually, and other times as a duo - and agents approach them, wanting to represent them for the growing number of gigs that are being thrown their way. Bookings start to grow across the state, and even the country. But, it starts to seem as though more and more people would rather see the two perform as a duo, rather than focus on their individual works. While they like that their collaborative work is appreciated, they also want to be able to branch out on their own, instead of only being marketed as being a duo. In fact, as time goes on, they find that they shine better as solo performers, as they also have a fear of accidentally overshadowing the other when doing their double act shows. But will the two of them persevere with their own wishes? Or will they give in and allow themselves be gradually seen more as just a comedy duo?
Muse E|Age|Non-Binary|Pronouns|User
Muse F|Age|Non-Binary|Pronouns|User

4. Primetime TV
Muse G is an actor, looking to make it more on TV shows rather than film. Part of him moving to LA in the first place was because of an open casting call that was looking for actors to be cast in an established primetime TV drama - the kind that gets filmed just a week or two before getting aired - as a new character that will be introduced to the show and have varying storylines with several of the central characters. As a result, Muse G has steady work from the moment that he arrives in LA. Also within the same apartment building is Muse H, who is also an actor in what is considered the biggest rival TV drama to the one that Muse H is in. Both studios and channels strive to get the biggest ratings, to get the most interest, so it is not unusual for one studio to rip off a storyline or the like from the other - but executed just differently enough so that no formal accusations can be made. Therefore, it should only be right for the two of them to be enemies... right? And that's the way things start out - with them being enemies. But they soon realise that, with the drama around their TV Dramas put aside, the other is actually quite intriguing, and they have quite a bit more in common than they first assumed. So, they start to build up their friendship together, but decide to play up the two hating each other for the paparazzi - even if it starts to get somewhat exhausting at times. However, the truth is revealed after a photo of the two of them amicably hanging out together is spread around, causing a bit of tension between them and their respective studios and fellow actors (for, supposedly, 'fraternising with the enemy'). But perhaps it's about time that the pointless 'feud' comes to an end? Certainly between the actors at the very least.
Muse G|Age|Male|Pronouns|User
Muse H |Age|Male|Pronouns|User

5. Diva Ballerina
Muse I has always been interested in dance, and especially ballet. She wants to dance center stage, and have red roses thrown at her at the end of a performance, and have adoring fans willing to do anything for her attention and approval. She's always been something of a diva, and her parents are very rich - which helps to fast-track her and her friends to LA, and especially helps in her own career. Plenty of dance companies and shows have reached out to Muse I, determined to have her take the center of their stages. Already, it feels like she has the spotlight on her - but that doesn't stop all the sabotaging thoughts from lurking in the back of her mind. She meets Muse J when she goes out for a meal at a fancy restaurant - and Muse J is her waitress - unaware that the two are actually neighbours. Though Muse J is incredibly pleasant and friendly, Muse I is shocked to see that - at another table Muse J is waiting on - that she is treated by other restaurant guests badly, which makes her step in. After this, the two become close friends. Muse I soon finds out that Muse J is a street dancer, trying to get cast in productions that won't stereotype her. Along the way, with Muse I attempting to use her connections, status and money to help Muse J, and Muse J helping Muse I battle her demons, the two of them realise that they might need each other more than they imagined.
Muse I|Age|Female|Pronouns|User
Muse J|Age|Female|Pronouns|User
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Character Form and Rules

Postby Consulting_Angel » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:11 am

Below is a template for a character form that you are welcome to use - or you can use your own, as long as it has everything required below.

Code: Select all
[left][img]Realistic Image/FC[/img][/left][size=85][b]Full Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname[/b] (if any):
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Pronouns:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (written description, optional)

[b]Personality:[/b] (at least 5-6 sentences)

[b]Short Bio:[/b]

-Optional-
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Relationship:[/b]
[b]Friends:[/b]
[b]Enemies:[/b]
[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Other[/b]:[/size]

Rules
- No Mary Sues/Gary Stus/God modding.
- As per usual, all of Tess' rules apply (it should go without saying, but there's always someone...)
- PM me to reserve - they last for 24 hours, though you may request an extension. Otherwise, it's first-come, first-served (if a complete character form is posted...).
- I reserve the right to not allow someone to join (whether it's because I don't think they'll be committed, or something else).
- Please only join if you're going to actually be active and not forget about the roleplay after joining.
- Roleplay post lengths must be 5-6 sentences, at the least. No one- or two-liners.
- Characters must be in the range of 21-25.
- Please have diversity with your characters. This includes ethnicity, gender, sexuality, body type, etc. etc.
- I know what you're thinking... "But non-binary people don't get much (if any) representation in Hollywood!" I get that. But for the sake of the roleplay, they do.
- Please disable signatures in the roleplay thread.
- If you have a question, then let me know!
- Keep OOC chat and character forms to the discussion thread.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me