sanctuary[O&A]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

sanctuary[O&A]

Postby Boxen. » Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 am

A young man stands on a raised platform before a small crowd of excitedly chatting children. They reside on rows of messy hay bales with a few seated on rickety plastic garden chairs that had been laid in front of a large building upon the African landscape, murmuring between themselves as our young man clears his throat to receive their attention.

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen, glad to see you've all arrived safely."

He addresses the crowd, scanning the eager faces with a small smile. All were from diverse walks of life- he could see people from the middle east, Europe and even Asia- yet he knew that all were the best students on their course, or they wouldn't be there.

"As you all are aware you are, for the next few months, here for the soul purpose to grow and bond with the animal of your choosing- whether that be a mighty elephant, powerful camel or other marvelous beast, you must work closely and safely with them to achieve greatness. You are also aware that at the end of these few months, you must produce a demonstration/ show with your chosen animal for the institution to use to promote the conservation of wildlife across the globe.

My name is Liu Jun, but please just call me Hannibal- I'll be your mentor for the elephants and rhinos- and this is my partner Oska."

After he finishes, a large elephant trunk darts out from behind a wooden wall and rests on his shoulder as he gestures to the figure beside him.

"And this is the owner of the sanctuary, Ms/Mr _____- They'll be your mentor for the camels and equines."

With an even wider smile on his face, he returned to addressing the large group before him.

"Whether you signed up yourself or were prompted by your superiors, we welcome you to our humble sanctuary."

Disc. Thread
Last edited by Boxen. on Fri May 18, 2018 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

rules

Postby Boxen. » Thu May 10, 2018 6:11 am

rules
cannot be broken

~All of Tess' rules apply
~Try to keep genders even

~Be realistic:
-You will not be able to perform a trick perfectly on the first go- every animal has a % probability of getting the trick right, a % that will increase throughout the roleplay
-The animal's personality dictates how long it will take for it to warm up to you- no instant connections

~Let romances grow if there has to be a love story
~There WILL be random events such as a wild-fire, storm and perhaps even a flood
~Remember, your characters are students, they know about these animals already and are here to work with them
~No completely perfect characters- we all have our demons and flaws that affect us on a day to day basis
~Post forms on the discussion

On your form, please include:
Name, gender, etc
Species and name of animal
At least ONE major flaw that will hinder how your character interacts with their animal
Sexuality, family, S/o, all that stuff
Last edited by Boxen. on Tue May 15, 2018 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the animals

Postby Boxen. » Thu May 10, 2018 6:12 am

meet the animals

the camels

Bactrian

Lovekraft
Adult
One of the quirkiest camels you will ever meet, she was used predominately for breeding throughout her past life with little to no interaction from humans or camels aside from the studs and her calves. Because of this, she is something of a loner and can be very unsure about what to do around others, even leading to the sanctuary having to seperate her- along with her recent calf- from the other cows because she was constantly scared.Whilst some work has already been done with her, the sanctuary would like someone willing to commit and build up trust with her.
Trick Probability: 50%
Partner: Open

Bambi
Adult
Scared of her own shadow yet resilient as an oak, she is what Hannibal likes to call a real trooper. She came from a circus where she was starved and forced to perform along side predators, even receiving a huge gash down her face from what is suspected to be a tiger attack. She was incapacitated when she arrive, having to be worked constantly just to get back on her feet, and still moves her two front legs together at times from when they were tied together.
Trick Probability: 40%
Partner: Kuhlan Batbayar

Viktor
Adult
A strong willed, tough and aggressive, bulldozer of a camel. It's going to take alot of work to get him to respect you as he doesn't chose who to follow easily. He has a darker coat than the other camels, with huge patches of skin visible from many conditions he contracted from his previous abusive life as a stud- best of luck trying to get him to take his medicine. He will not kneel to anyone and hates being contained.
Trick probability: 30%

Archibald
Calf
Archibald, is one of the youngest residents at the sanctuary. He is the calf to Lovekraft and has a heart if pure gold. He is curious of everything and everyone and loves getting his belly scratched or having a good run around. It's going to take alot to bring him under control but there should be no trust issues- this little guy is just like a big puppy.
Trick Probability: 35%

Egyptian

Anubis
Adult
Fiery and proud, she knows what she wants and when she wants it. So far, no-one's been even remotely close to getting a saddle on her without almost being killed. She is very distrustful of people aside from a few but strangely will never lash out unless prompted. She has a darker coat than your typical sandy colour with multiple scars running up her back legs and rump. Noone is quite sure where exactly she came from, one of the employees just turned up to work one day with her and she's been at the insitution ever since.
Partner: open

Dolly
Adult
Everyone's favourite and a wooden doll of a riding camel, she is one of the most trustworthy animals at the sanctuary. She was originally from a camel trekking center in Dubai but was later bought by the sanctuary after the center changed owners and started neglecting the camels. She absolutely adores people and has a coat the colour of a sandy beach.
Trick Probability: 85%
Owner: Open

the elephants

African

Theresa
Adult
She is very unique, as far as elephants go, with a very kind and motherly nature. She has vitiligo around her eyes, for head and tops of her ears but is very good at standing still to put suncream on. She is sometimes known to even lower her head towards others for an ear scratch. However, despite her nature, she is utterly petrified of anything on her back and will throw her body around frantically until the pressure is released- proving as a hazard for everyone around- this is something the institution has worked with her on for a while so while is now rideable, she may still be a little 'energetic'.
Trick Probability: Ranges from 50%-80%

Morgana
Adult
As her name suggests, she is both mysterious and fierce- she knows what she wants and will fight any who try to take it from her. Despite this, she does try to please those she trusts as a result from her life as a rich woman's pet after her herd was poached and chased off their land. After spending 13+ years in a confined field, she was seized by an animal welfare unit and taken away to Mongolia for hopes of rehabilitation.
Trick Probability: 65%

Oska
Adult
One of the oldest and most recognisable residents, he was one of the first animals to be put into the program. This was inevitably where he met Hannibal and the two have shared a bond ever-since- with Hannibal even buying Oska from the sanctuary to ensure he was well looked after for the rest of his days. Oska may also be used for demonstrations and teaching new recruits how to properly care and ride their animals, although he does take certain cheeky liberties and mess around.
Owner: Hannibal/ Liu

Asian

Olive
Adult
She is by far the gentlest of all the elephants, with a heart as big as her appetite. She was rescued from a 'zoo' where she was confined to a tiny enclosure and only allowed out to preform cruel demonstrations, receiving whips and beatings everytime she didn't perform correctly. The institution has done alot of work with her already to try and bring her out her shell, however, she is still terrified of people yet just wants to be loved and trust in a strong leader- only really finding solace in Hercules.
Trick Probability: 75%
Partner: Anong Choen

Hercules
Adult
He came from the same zoo as Olive, except he was kept in the dark barn as 'storage'. The original plan was for him to mate with Olive before the institution stepped in and seized the two, gelding Hercules (like they do all their males) and letting him see his now life companion Olive. Herc is a lovely gentleman with only a few trust issues, it is thought that he was oxygen deprived as a calf due to there being no brain activity in the section that registers fear, making him perfect for the students.
Trick Probability: 90%

the rhinos

African

Doug
Adult
A glutton to the extreme, he's on a strict diet to make sure he doesn't put on any extra weight. Beign friendly nough to come over and ask for a treat, like all the rhinos, he's just a big softy and may just stand next to someone until they give him a scratch. He doesn't quite understand voice cues just yet so training is needed but it would be dishonest to say he didn't try.
Trick Probability: 60%

Elizabeth
Adult
Like Doug, she loves a good scratch although she does tend to shy away from loud noises. She was born and raised at the sanctuary so is well accustomed to the commotion and being asked to do tricks, even doing the in her field just to get a round of applause. A sweetheart in every-way possible, she will follow those she trusts around like a puppy until they notice her and give her a hug.
Trick Probability: 80%

Asian

Dio
Adult
Proud and hot headed with a tendency to bite, he doesn't take commands easily and will often push his trainer to try and gain dominance over them. He was captured by poachers and had his horn gruesomely cut off with rescuers only managing to reach him in the nick of time before he bled out. Since then, he's been a soldier through his recovery and shown potential as a trick rhino, although his now stub of horn can make some people laugh. A lot of work is still very much needed with him.
Trick probability: 30%

the equines
All bios are a wip but you can still claim one.

Hector
Zebra, Adult
Male. Outgoing, friendly, always wants food. Ex-circus animal.
Trick Probability: 85%
Partner: Vixen Woodborough

Jojo
Mustang, Adult
Gelding. Wild, frightened, distrusting of everything. Rescued from a slaughterhouse after a roundup.
Trick probability: 20% (for now)

Katiana
Brumby, Adult
Mare. Social, stubborn, feisty, hotheaded. Rescued from the Australian outback after being found dehydrated and starved.
Trick Probability: 65%

Wilbur
Preswalskis horse, Adult
Gelding. Docile, tolerant, lazy, slow going. Rescued from neglect at a backyard 'zoo'.
Trick Probability: 80%

Snowy
Camargue, Adult
Mare. Frightened of everything, spooks easily, fast, unpredictable, distrusting. Brought in by an employee after being rescued from neglect at a farm.
Trick Probability: 40%

Dingo
Onager, Adult
Gelding. Stubborn, lazy, does what he wants when he wants, glutton, sweet, friendly. Found as an orphan foal on the plains just outside the sanctuary.
Last edited by Boxen. on Mon May 21, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

the characters

Postby Boxen. » Thu May 10, 2018 6:12 am

the characters

owner/ camel and equine mentor;;
name | gender | ethnicity/ nationality | animal (make your own camel or equine for this) | [url]form[/url]

elephant and rhino mentor;;
'Liu Jun' or 'Hannibal' | male | | mixed race, British | Oska | form

the students

Elephants
name | gender | ethnicity/ nationality | animal | [url]form[/url]

Rhinos

Camels
Kuhlan Batbayar | Female | Oriental asian, Mongolian | Bambi | form

Equines
Last edited by Boxen. on Sun May 20, 2018 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Boxen.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

news

Postby Boxen. » Sun May 20, 2018 2:47 am

news

The group is now: