ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ||ʜᴏʀsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴅᴇʀ||ғᴜʟʟ

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ||ʜᴏʀsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴅᴇʀ||ғᴜʟʟ

Postby eventer. » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:44 pm

CLOSE YOUR EYES
and imagine a perfect scenario.
Having seen your past competition scores, in any of the Olympic disciplines, be it
dressage, show jumping, or eventing,
you probably pictured yourself on the back of your own horse.
Yes, we know that was a complete fantasy.
We know that you've been successfully showing on the back of someone else's horse.
Now, we're giving you the opportunity to bond with two horses,
which, provided you still want to work with them at the end of the summer,
will become yours.
One will be an incredibly talented, trained horse who excels in the discipline of your choosing.
The other is one of six, all of whom have a major problem that you will be helping them to overcome.
Over the course of the summer,
you will be working with your assigned horses and growing as a rider and a person.
We have already spoken to your parents about this once-a-lifetime offer.
ARE YOU READY TO ACCEPT
THE CHALLENGE?
Last edited by eventer. on Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 am, edited 10 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PLOT

Postby eventer. » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:48 am

Six of the country's top young riders, three boys and three girls between the ages of 16 and 18, have been invited to attend Fox Ridge Farm's prestigious summer camp. All of these teenagers have been successfully competing in any of the three Olympic equestrian sports- dressage, show jumping, or eventing. They all have one major thing in common- they don't own their own horse. They have been showing on the back of someone else's horse. Carefully selected from thousands of other riders, they each received the letter, carefully hand-written in beautiful blue pen. This letter stated that they were to come to Fox Ridge Farm, located in the Kentucky countryside. There, they would each be assigned two horses. They would choose a highly trained horse who excelled in their discipline out of the six options- two dressage whizzes, two show jumping extraordinaries, and two eventing superstars. After that, they will receive their assigned horse- each with a serious issue that they need help to overcome. If they learn and grow as a rider and a person, these horses, provided they work out, will become theirs. So, are you ready to accept the challenge?
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RULES

Postby eventer. » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:18 am

ᴛᴇss's ʀᴜʟᴇs
    These should be followed at all times, and shouldn't ever need to remind you of this.
ʟɪᴛᴇʀᴀᴄʏ
    This is a high semi-literate roleplay. This means you should be able to write at least eight lines per post. Lines, not sentences. If you post more, that's great- it makes it easier to respond. Also, correct spelling and grammar is appreciated. I understand mistakes, because nobody's perfect. But try your best, please! Writer's block is understandable, but only on rare occasion. It shouldn't be happening every post, or every other post. Even with writer's block, you should be posting around six lines.
ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ
    By joining, you are committing yourself to this roleplay. You should be posting at least once every three days or so, and the more the merrier! If you do not post for a week without giving me a good reason, either by PMing me or posting on the thread, then I will PM you. If I don't get a response within the next three days, your character will be removed. I'm sorry, but there is very limited spots and there will probably be someone more active ready to take your place.
ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀs ᴀɴᴅ ғᴏʀᴍs
    Because there is so few available spots, you can only have one character. I will not be allowing any more people to join once the spots are filled, so please do not PM me asking about it. I will not be providing you with any forms, so you must create your own. It must show your literacy and prove that you can keep up with this. This means it must be detailed, pretty, (enough. I'm not expected beautiful, perfectly coded forms. They just need to show you can do a little bit of coding.) and organized. You must include a detailed personality and history.
ɢᴏᴅ-ᴍᴏᴅᴅɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏωᴇʀᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ
    Please, use common sense and don't do it. No rider is perfect, no horse is perfect, and you will not fix your problem horse in one ride. Or two, or three, or four. Make it realistic, please.
ᴘᴏsᴛs
    As I said earlier, eight lines minimum, with good grammar and spelling. Also, you should "pretty up" your posts, at least a little bit. Somewhere, please include your character's name, discipline, horses they are assigned, and any tags you need. For example, if my character talked to Bob, somewhere in the posts I would write, Tags- Bob. Pictures, fontmeme, and links are not permitted in every post, though of course you can have them in your forms.
ʀᴇsᴇʀᴠᴀᴛɪᴏɴs
    Please PM me any reservations- I will ignore any placed on the thread. I will only hold your spot for two days; if you haven't even started a form by then, I will give your spot to somebody else.
ᴏᴏᴄ
    No fighting in OOC. Also, don't use chatspeak, even when posting out of character. Please don't spam the thread. Leave bumping to me, and if there is an issue, PM me.
ᴅʀᴀᴍᴀ
    Creating a little bit is great every now and then, and I encourage it! I love to see a good, well-developed romance, though that should not be the center of this roleplay. Focus on the horses. If you'd like to create major drama that will affect everyone, such as a barn fire, PM me first.
ʜᴏʀsᴇs
    You will be choosing your pre-trained horse out of the ones I provide for you. I will be choosing your problem horse. Please don't complain about what you get. You may not change the horse's personality, history, coloring, etc. The only thing you can change is the gif. If you'd like to do this, please PM the one you want to use to me and I'll change it. Also, please know a thing or two about horses and the discipline you choose. If you know nothing about them, don't join a horse roleplay! Keep things realistic, and the horses cannot talk to each other.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

TRAINED HORSES

Postby eventer. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:36 am

EVERY DAY

Barn Name- Em
Gender- Mare
Age- 13 years old
Color- Black
Markings- Stripe, Socks
on right foreleg, both hind,
coronet on left fore

Breed- Dutch Warmblood
Height- 16hh
Discipline- Dressage
Every Day, known around the barn as Em, has personality to spare. She is typically very friendly and sweet, with a playful, teasing side. She likes to play with her rider basically all the time. She'll pull the saddle pad off her back if you're not paying attention while tacking up, and if you leave the top portion of her stall door open, you had better hope you had moved all tack and other items away from her reach, or else she will destroy them. Sometimes Em also plays the role of moody mare very well, so watch out, and be sure not to put her out in the pasture with other mares or any of the stallions. But as soon as you're on her back and heading into the dressage ring, she is all business. She clearly loves her job and is very good at it, though she needs a talented rider with a sense of humor to be patient with her, and her true potential will shine through.

Em is not lacking in the talent department. She is a star dressage horse who has competed in world-class competitions such as the Olympics. She has excellent, flashy gaits that are smooth and easy to sit. She is capable of doing advanced dressage maneuvers provided she is asked correctly. Overall, she's just a talented mare.
Ridden By: Nat Villemaire

ALLTHESECLOUDSINTHESKY

Barn Name- Sky
Gender- Stallion
Age- 8 years old
Color- Grey
Markings- None
Breed- Oldenburg
Height- 17.1hh
Discipline- Dressage
Despite his imposing height, Sky is surprisingly sweet, gentle, and playful-a true gentle giant. He is hard to provoke, though when he is upset, he certainly packs a powerful punch. He's a major show-off who often prances on his toes and puts on a little show for mares. He also seems to love being in the spotlight. He loves the crowds, never failing to perform under pressure. He isn't aggressive like some stallions, but is very friendly and would never hurt a person on purpose.

Sky, like Em, is a talented high-level dressage horse who has competed in the Olympics. He's supple and flexible, despite his size, and is a great mover. His gaits are extremely smooth and steady. He needs a hand to guide him to victory once more.
Ridden By: Oliver Westwood

DONAVANTIO

Barn Name- Donavan
Gender- Gelding
Age- 14 years old
Color- Liver Chestnut
Markings- Star
Breed- Irish Sport Horse
Height- 16.3hh
Discipline- Show Jumping
Donavan is very laid-back and sweet. He is calm and collected, and rarely spooks. He'll let you do most anything with him as long as no one gets anywhere near his delicate ears. He will always try his hardest, with all his heart, and is very determined and hardworking in the competition, though at times around the barn he seems like a lazy horse who enjoys his power naps. It seems like he knows when he wins and absolutely hates to lose.

Donavan has experience on his side, having been a jumper for many years. He has won many major rated shows and while he has never been to the Olympics or any other well-known events, he is certainly more than capable with the right rider. His original owner and rider didn't want to compete at the higher levels her horse could, and sold him. He is now here, waiting for a rider who can really take him to victory.
Ridden By: Ben Keller

FREEDOM DREAMING

Barn Name- Rebel
Gender- Mare
Age- 11 years old
Color- Chestnut
Markings- Star, Snip, Socks
on left hind and left fore

Breed- Belgian Warmblood
Height- 15.2hh
Discipline- Show Jumping
Rebel, despite her name, isn't a difficult horse. She'll never refuse a jump, she stands quietly for grooming and tacking up, and she will never bite or kick at a person. However, she doesn't like other horses much, and is known to bite, kick, and chase others out in the pasture. She isn't the friendliest of horses and hates it when people give her too much attention. For example, she hates being hugged or loved on, like many riders will do to their favorite horses. She'd much rather you just get on and jump, because if there's one thing Rebel loves, it's her job.

Rebel is a show jumper who, like Donavan, has the capability of doing any level. She's never competed in top shows, but her previous owner had offers from Olympic athletes who knew she had potential to take them there again. While she never did get the chance to go that far, she was incredibly successful all the same, and is ready to start her winning streak again.
Ridden By: Isabelle Heartly

AEMULO

Barn Name- Aemulo
Gender- Gelding
Age- 10 years old
Color- Dark Bay
Markings- None
Breed- Thoroughbred/Warmblood Cross
Height- 16.3hh
Discipline- Eventing
Aemulo means "rival" in Latin, and he strives to live up to that. He's a fierce competitor with a bold jump. He's fast and headstrong, so he needs someone stubborn and strong enough to handle him. He had a tendency to show off, though not for the mares. He just does it all the time. Despite his strong, fast side, he is one of the more affectionate horses around the barn. He loves people and treats, and as long as you are gentle with him and give him plenty of treats, he'll love you back.

Aemulo has competed in high-level events such as the Rolex, and he qualified for the Olympics, but had an injury, which was just bad enough for him to have to be scratched from competition. During this time, he was sold to Fox Ridge and is ready to win with a new rider aboard.
Ridden By: Tyler Jenson

DANGER IN THE DARK

Barn Name- Luna
Gender- Mare
Age- 9 years old
Color- Black
Markings- Star
Breed- Hanoverian
Height- 16.2hh
Discipline- Eventing
Luna is a brat, albeit a talented one. She can jump the moon if asked correctly, has gaits that are dressage-worthy, and will perform extremely well under pressure, so long as her rider stays cool and focused. She loves cross-country and is very fast, so a determined rider is needed to keep her under control at all times. At times, she can be very spooky and does refuse every once in a while when her rider isn't pushing her hard enough. She is known to kick, so it is advised that you stay far away from her back end. She, like Sky, loves to be in the center of attention. Before she came to Fox Ridge, she developed a bad habit of banging her hoof against the stall door when she wants food or playtime. Luna is a playful, usually gentle horse; she just doesn't know her own strength.

Luna has never competed in a four-star event, but she is certainly capable of going that high if her rider pushes her. With her effortless jump and great movement, she excels in her sport, just like every other trained horse being provided. She's been a champion at lower levels on numerous occasions, and could easily go higher and win if her rider wanted to.
Ridden By: Kira Page
Last edited by eventer. on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:39 am, edited 18 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

PROBLEM HORSES

Postby eventer. » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:22 pm

CANDIDO
    the neglected

Barn Name- Candi
Gender- None
Age- 15 years old
Color- Grey
Markings- None
Breed- Welsh Pony, Section B
Height- 13.3hh
When Candi was rescued, she was in horrible shape- near death's doors. She had been left in a small stall, more like a cell, without food, water, medical care, or attention for weeks. Even before that, she had been neglected, left out in a field without any form of shelter or protection, to withstand the elements. When she was found, she was sent to Fox Ridge. At the time of her arrival, she was at least 150 pounds underweight, sickly, and had a nasty gash on her right shoulder. She has been taken care of for two months now, and has gained much of the weight back, though she still is on the scrawny side. The wound healed, though the scar it left will never fade. Nobody knows how she got it, but it is deep. Her previous owner is going to jail on charges of animal cruelty.

Now that Candi is almost healed and had gotten most of her strength back, she is ready to start being ridden. It is believed that she is broken and has some training, but hasn't been ridden in years. She most likely will not be well behaved while riding, but after what she has been through, it is impressive that she has any manners at all. In Italian, Candido means "pure, innocent," and Candi lives up to that well. She's sweet and gentle, but needs to be shown that people are willing to be kind towards her. She is extremely afraid of stalls and other closed in areas, so she's been either in the pasture or dry lot since she first got here, and should stay there until someone shows her not all stalls are bad. She's an attention seeker who needs to be loved and appreciated, or else you will get absolutely nothing from her.
Assigned to: Ben Keller

BLOOD MOON
    the colt

Barn Name- Eclipse
Gender- Stallion
Age- 3 years old
Color- Red Roan Splash White
Markings- Completely White Face,
Tall Stockings

Breed- Paint/Thoroughbred Cross
Height- 15.2hh
Eclipse is an unbroken, free spirit. He was born on a ranch which intended to train him to be a cow horse, but he was missed in the roundups off the range as a yearling. During that time, when most horses would be getting trained to lead properly, he just grew in size, strength, and stubbornness. As a two-year-old, he came in with the roundup, but bent the frame on the door of the stall he was placed in. He'd become a troublemaker. Nobody could contain him. He had no ground manners and became a master escape artist, learning to unlatch gates and stall doors and then bolting. After he'd escaped one too many times, the ranch hands convinced the owner to get rid of him. Soon, he was sold to Fox Ridge to become a part of this program.

Eclipse is difficult, to put it simply. He is completely unbroken and has never had a saddle even touch his back. In fact, he's hardly even broke to lead; though he has gotten better about it, you have to be extremely careful or else you might have been run over and your horse may be escaping. He's demanding, for sure, and since he is still so young, very playful. Sometimes he just underestimates his own strength and ends up hurting someone in the process. He needs a strong, stubborn person to tame him.
Assigned to: Tyler Jensen

SUN SETS IN PARADISE
    the wild

Barn Name- Rio
Gender- Mare
Age- 7 years old
Color- Blood Bay Tobiano
Markings- Broken Stripe,
Sock on Right Foreleg, Stockings
on Left Fore, Both Hind

Breed- Mustang
Height- 14.3hh
There was a time when Rio was free. Hardly anything is known about the years she spent in the wild, but it is believed that she had always been free, born and raised on the open plains. But that was before she became a victim of the mustang roundups in Nevada. During the chase, she was injured, nearly trampled by her herd members as they tore away from the helicopter that followed them, terrifying them out of their wits. It was a bad enough injury that she couldn't be rereleased, and nobody wanted a lame horse. She was sent to Fox Ridge to become part of this program, because that was the only place she was wanted. Here. the injury she sustained was treated and did heal properly. Her limp is completely gone, and she isn't as fearful of humans as she once was, perhaps because she recognized that we helped her. Still, she was a wild horse and is just as unpredictable as one should be to survive in the wild.

A true wild horse, she is naturally fearful of people, confined spaces, fast movements, loud noises, etc. In short, she is spooky. You have to be very careful around her, because she is unpredictable. Some days she seems to appreciate humans' help, and others she can be downright dangerous, fighting you every step of the way. She clearly wants her freedom back, and can't be placed in a stall because she will struggle until she injures herself again. She can be helped, but you have to be careful unless you want to be hurt or worse.
Assigned to: Nat Villemaire

SPEED OF SOUND
    the timid

Barn Name- Jazz
Gender- Gelding
Age- 11 years old
Color- Dapple Grey
Markings- None
Breed- Hanoverian Cross
Height- 17.1hh
Once, Jazz was a show jumper worthy of competing with the greats. He was easily as good as Donavan and Rebel, shaping up to be a star. But that was before his accident. As a top level jumper, he was pushed at high speeds over the jumps. On this one day, he went soaring over all the jumps, setting himself up for a perfect clean round. But as he and his rider landed after the second-to-last fence, he landed completely wrong, going down hard. This resulted in a torn ligament, and, in Jazz's mind, pain. His previous owner put in all the work and funds over almost eight months to bring him back to health, before starting him back, ever so slowly. When she thought he was ready to start jumping again; starting small, and then working his way up, she took him out and realized the damage had gone farther than she had originally believed. Jazz's ligament was completely healed, but his mind was not. He now associated jumping, which he had once loved, with the pain he had experienced. He was successful in refusing every single jump she set up- everything from the higher jumps to the little one-foot jumps that he could have easily stepped over. It became clear that he was no longer the star he had once been, and his owner, frustrated and upset, was forced to sell him.

Jazz is a very sweet horse typically, with excellent ground manners. He takes good care of the person handling him, and there was a time when he took care of the rider on his back, too. But now, he is afraid. He will not jump. Every time, he refuses, over and over and over, no matter how low you've set the jumps. You have to be careful, and expect to be thrown regularly; also, it's probably a good idea to keep with stadium jumps and not go out onto the cross-country course, because those jumps are solid and hurt a lot more when you land on them. Jazz needs someone who is determined and persistant, because with lots of work, he could be a star again.
Assigned to: Isabelle Heartly

DANCING WITH FIRE
    the abused

Barn Name- Flame
Gender- Mare
Age- 6 years old
Color- Blood Bay
Markings- Star, Sock
on Right Foreleg, Left Hind

Breed- Danish Warmblood
Height- 16.1hh
When Flame came here, she was in horrible condition, both physically and mentally. She had been relentlessly beaten by the man who she had been confiscated from. She and several other horses were taken. A few of them were returned to their rightful owners, since he had stolen most of his horses. Nobody claimed Flame, so she was sent to Fox Ridge to recover from the trauma she'd experienced. The man was sent to jail for animal cruelty and stealing charges. She had deep cuts on her hindquarters, though she was surprisingly well-fed. She was absolutely terrified of people. Now, her wounds have healed, though the scars are permanent, but her mental issues haven't yet been resolved.

Flame is absolutely terrified of people. She has basically shoved herself into the back corner of her stall, as far away from the door as possible. Nobody can get near enough to her to lead her down to the pasture, or even enter the stall. She bites and kicks hard. It is believed that she is trained somewhat, like Candi, but won't let anyone near enough to touch her, let alone get on her. She needs to be taught to trust again, and the person who is supposed to teach her that needs to have patience enough to get past her terror and show her kindness and compassion.
Assigned to: Kira Page

TAKE ON THE WORLD
    the racer

Barn Name- Gunner
Gender- Stallion
Age- 4 years old
Color- Bay
Markings- None
Breed- Thoroughbred
Height- 16.2hh
Gunner is the off-the-track Thoroughbred, also known as an OTTB. He was born and raised with only one thing in mind- running. Gunner showed great potential- he clocked great times in training consistently, and in his first real race, outran the rest of the field by nine lengths. His pedigree was superb, with greats like Secretariat and Northern Dancer appearing. He showed potential as a Triple Crown contender. But then he started a streak that'd put him out of contention for good. He just stopped running. He decided he didn't want to run when asked. He'd canter easily out of the starting gate, tossing his head playfully and throwing in a couple of energetic bucks for good measure. After three consecutive races of that exact thing, his trainer realized he wasn't Triple Crown material and retired him for good. He was too young to be a sire, and nobody would want a colt from a horse who cantered out of the starting gate anyway. So he was given to a Thoroughbred rescue agency, where he stayed for a year, completely untouched. Them he came here.

Gunner is fast and strong, and while he won't gallop when asked, he'll do it as soon as you let your guard down. He's easily the fastest horse on the farm, and if you lose control of him, it is extremely difficult to get it back. He's energetic and has a tendency to prance around, just like a typical racehorse. To be trained, he needs someone with strength and courage to get back on and show him the right way. He certainly has the potential to be great if you left him show it and guide him in the right direction.
Assigned to: Oliver Westwood
Last edited by eventer. on Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 am, edited 9 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

CHARACTERS

Postby eventer. » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:13 am

THE BOYS
Name||Age||Discipline||User||Page #
Tyler Jenson||18||Eventing||E.urka||5
Regal Benjamin Keller||17||Show Jumping||barkerpup||12
Oliver Darius Westwood||18||Dressage||Auxi||5
THE GIRLS
Name||Age||Discipline||User||Page #
Kira Ann Page||16||Eventing||horsestar10||1
Natalie Marie Villemaire||17||Dressage||twix .||12
Isabelle Luna Heartly||16||Show Jumping||SᴇᴄʀᴇᴛFᴏʀᴛᴜɴᴇ||2
Last edited by eventer. on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 am, edited 25 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SETTING

Postby eventer. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:58 am

Fox Ridge Farm is located in the Kentucky countryside. Its barn contains 12 spacious stalls, each with a black metal-barred top that opens and closes separately from the actual door, where the horses for the program are kept. Within this barn, there is also a feed room, containing all of the different types of hay, grains, supplements, and other useful things needed for feeding, as well as two charts- one that lists all the different horses' feeds and supplements, and another that notes all the times to turn out, what pasture, and which horses are turned out together- and tack room, which contains saddles, bridles, and other tack and has room for each individual's tack box, as well as a wash rack and cross ties. There is also two large, fertile pastures- shaded and unshaded, as well as a dry lot for the horses who can't eat too much grass. Each of the arenas are specifically created to match the needs of all the sports. For the dressage enthusiasts, there is a large outdoor arena and an indoor small arena. For the show jumpers, there is indoor and outdoor arenas- these also can function as warm-up areas if the need be. For the eventers, who use all of the other arenas as well, we also have an extensive cross-country course. And if you just want an escape on horseback, there are trails in the woods. As for the sleeping arrangements, there are three small white houses near the barn, one for boys and one for girls, as well a the nurse's lodgings. Feel free to decorate the bedrooms as you wish, but remember at the end of the summer you will have to take everything down. In the houses, there is a full kitchen bathroom,and a living room that has windows looking over the pastures.

ᴄᴜʀʀᴇɴᴛ ωᴇᴀᴛʜᴇʀ
Bright and Sunny
81°F
5% Chance of Rain

ᴅᴀᴛᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
Sunday June 9th, 2013
Approx. 7:45 PM
Last edited by eventer. on Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:49 am, edited 4 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

MY CHARACTER

Postby eventer. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 am

✯ Name >> My name is Kira Ann Page. Nothing really special about it, my parents just liked the name Kira, I guess. Ann is a family name. It came from my grandmother, and her mother before her, and so on. It's a really common middle name in my family. Page is my dad's last name. It's self-explanatory.
    ✯ Nicknames >> I go by Kira, and only Kira.
    ✯ Age >> I'm 16 years old currently. My birthday is July 25th, 1996.
    ✯ Gender >> I'm really worried that you can't tell, but I can assure that I am a girl.
    ✯ Orientation >>I'm completely, definitely straight.

✯ Personality >> I don't know if I've ever been asked to describe my own personality before, but I'll give it a shot. I'm bold and fun-loving. I love to have a little fun as often as possible, and I've got the sarcasm thing down, but I'm also diligent and will get the job that needs to be done completed first. I'm really impatient and hate waiting, sitting still, and all that fun stuff. People often describe me as stubborn, but I prefer the term persistent. I won't give up after one try. Instead, I'll keep going until I get it right, or until I get what I want. You'll learn in time that it's easiest to give up sooner rather than later with me, because I push hard to get what I want from people. Of course, there's been a few times that I've met my match as far as stubbornness is concerned, people and horses included. I guess you could consider me intelligent, seeing as though I maintained a straight A average in school, and I pick up most, though not necessarily all, things quickly and easily. At times, I can be argumentative, snappy, and a little touchy, but usually I'm fun and friendly, as long as I get my way.
    ✯ History >> Nothing very exciting has happened to me; I had a fairly normal childhood. I've always been horse crazy, and was asking for a pony when I was first talking. My parents always said no, probably because they thought it was a phase that I'd grow out of eventually. Of course, I never did, and never will. But I finally did get to start taking lessons, but only because my parents pitied me. When they announced we were moving away from my home in a Cincinnati suburb to my eight-year-old self, I was devastated. I was miserable in our new house, which was located in southeastern Indiana. After all, we had left everything I knew behind. Horses pulled me out of my misery. I started riding, then showing at 10, as an eventer. I loved it more than anything, and kept on practicing, learning, and achieving, usually riding my instructor's chestnut paint gelding, Roll The Dice, also known as Ree, until I recieved the letter inviting me to drop everything and come here, where I will work with not one, but two new horses that will eventually become mine. I still haven't figured out how I got accepted, exactly. I mean, I knew I was good, but I never thought I was good enough to ride here. It'll be life-changing, for sure.
    ✯ Family >> My parents are Amanda and John Page. I also have a younger brother, Alex, who's twelve. None of them share my love of horses. Just me.
    ✯ Horses and Other Pets >>I have been assigned to Danger In The Dark and Dancing With Fire. I've never had my own horse before and I'm so excited to be a part of this amazing program. i cant wait to get started with my mares! I also have a dog, a golden retriever named Bailey.
    ✯ Riding >> I've been riding for eight years, ever since I was 8 years old. I ride English, and more specifically, I do eventing. Dressage, cross-country, stadium jumping, you know.

✯ Hair >> My hair is dark brown, and wavy. Nothing special. It's pulled back almost all the time anyway.
    ✯ Eyes >> I have hazel eyes- a mixture of brown and green. Which is more prominent depends on the light, the season, the color I'm wearing, and all that jazz.
    ✯ Height >> I'm 5'6".
    ✯ Weight >> I am about 120 lbs, a pretty average weight for my age and height, I'm pretty sure.
    ✯ Tattoos/piercings >>Unless you count my ear piercings that I never put earrings in anyway, none.

✯ What you want in a lover >> I'm not really looking for a boyfriend right now, but if I was, I'd want an open, honest guy who I can trust and isn't afraid to share his opinions and feelings.
    ✯ Boyfriend >> Currently, none. I don't have time for boys.
    ✯ Crush >> None. Impress me.
    ✯ What does love mean and who is it for? >>It's kind of a strange thing to think about, but I think love means complete trust, and always being there for each other, no matter what. It's for family, true friends, and that one special person. That's it.

✯ Likes >> I like plenty of things- horses, reading, music, horses, riding, photography, baking, friends, family, horses, dogs, animals, nature, summer, being alone with my thoughts, stubborn people to have teasing arguments with, sunshine, freedom, eventing, chocolate, caramel, joking around, jumping, and horses. Oh, and did I mention horses?
    ✯ Dislikes >> With the good comes the bad. I'm not a fan of blood, guts, and gore, animal cruelty, doing nothing, boring people, laziness, loud noises, sitting still, big cities, confined spaces, big crowds, math, rap, sushi, bullies, too many rules, and wind storms. Did I get them all? I doubt it.
    ✯ Favorite saying >> My favorite saying is, "Horses lend us the wings we lack," because it's completely true. But if I had to choose a non-horse related saying, it'd be "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." That's how I want to live my life.
    ✯ Favorite color >> Sky blue, because when I think of the sky, I think of freedom, no limitations.
Form Base- Credit to newton092307c
All Edits Done by horsestar10
Character © horsestar10
Pictures © rightful owners
Last edited by eventer. on Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

OPEN

Postby eventer. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:20 am

Now

OPEN

For Posting.
eventer.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀʟʟᴇɴɢᴇ||ʜᴏʀsᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ʀɪᴅᴇʀ||ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛɪɴɢ

Postby bastille. » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:22 am

K o d I J a c o b s m I t h

Step one – you say, "We need to talk."
He walks, you say, "Sit down. It's just a talk."
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
And you begin to wonder why you came

Name;"My name is Kodi Jacob smith" Some people ask why he spells it Kodi and not Cody. It's because his mom loved this movie that had a kid named Cody, but she didn't want him to be like every one else. Jacob is his grandfather's first name. Kodi really doesn't care about that. He just really likes to be his own person. His last name came from a long line of family members on his dad's side. As for nickname's, people can call him Code, De, some people even call him Jacob, Jake, and what his sister calls him, coder.
Age;" like twenty years old" Ok one thing he hates so much is when girls or guys say they are twenty years young. If you were twenty years young you wouldn't be alive. He was born on July 5th. pretty cool right? He was born the day after labor day.
Gender;" Guy" Um.... Its not hard to identify him.
Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

Hair; "Brown" Well if you not trying to describe it, but if you want to describe it, its like a color of light brown and dark brown at the roots and light blonde on the tips. Its short on the sides and longer on the top. He really doesn't care what his hair looks like. Bedhead? Yep he can just sleep and get up and do nothing to his hair-NOT! he is always putting hair gel and brushing it. Well kind of both, depends on his mood.
weight and height; "I'm tall and I guess muscular" Kodi weighs about 179ibs. He is 6,0 in height. He does work out a lot and does stuff that's active. He has a six pack, and he shows it. Not really. But he has been like this all of his life, well not muscular but thin. He has never had problems with weight. His whole family are skinny or thin. His mom really eats all the time and never gains a pound, I guess its just luck.
eyes; "Everyone likes my eye's" Kodi has pretty pure blue eye's with darker blue outlineing the light color. He doesn't know where he got his eye's. he and his sister have blue but everyone else have brown or green eyes. People always like blue eye's. His sister doesn't look good with blue eyes, but he does.

Let him know that you know best
'Cause after all you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
Pray to God, he hears you
And I pray to God, he hears you

Personality;Kodi is the type you see riding his skate bored down the road with his shirt off and all of the girls staring at him. Its not like acts like he is the star or anything thing. He is more funny and cute. He likes to play around, He is not the type of person that stand in the back of the room and doesn't talk. He is the type who is playing football with his friends and having a beach party. He is the boy every one wants to be friends with. He likes playing sports and doing stuff besides staying at home. To him home is where the past lays and never gets picked up. He likes to be around his sister. His meaning of fun is not staying around playing video games and such. Kodi rarely gets mad, he is one of those who only gets mad at silly things that don't matter.
Likes; Sports, sunlight, swimming, His dog, skateboreding, surfing, Gatorade, friends, beaches, having fun, playing around, new girls, crushes, teams.
dislikes; getting to serious, Past, His father, People who say they are fat, his phone, Traders, secrets, the number 2 and 9, cats, computer nerds.
pets; "My life" Well He has two dogs, One is a German shepherd named 'Hunter' who is a normal black and tan pelt, who is always has a red martingale collar with his name and Kodi's number printed on it. Than he has a pitbull named 'Abby' Who is a 'blue' or grey with a white belly and paws. She is always wearing a blue martingale collar with her name and Kodi's number printed on it. His mom has a cat that has to stay outside because the dogs will attack it. Than he has one horse. He is a quarter horse. He is a bay with three white stocks and a moon on his forehead. He is very, very stubborn and is mean. He is hard to even try to canter. His name is Apollo and Kodi got him from a breeder in florda, he was the runt.
And where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life

History; "Its a long eighteen years" Well when he was born his dad was drunk and didn't even know it was a boy. His mom tried to keep him away from Kodi, but it was hard. When she brought him home, One day she was sleeping and Kodi was crying so his dad put him outside. The neighbors found him and flied a police report. Kodi got taken away from them for a year. When he came back, his dad was hitting his mom and soon started hitting him. But one day his mom cheated on his dad and got pregnant. His dad started really hurting her after that. She finally packed up her stuff and left, without Kodi. He couldn't belive that his mother left him here. His mom gave birth and came back and got him after his sister was born. He had a sister named, Veronica. He now lived with his mother and sister. Than his mom went out and found a guy and they got married soon after that. Kodi hated him so much and never grew close to him and wouldn't let his sister either, Than they tried to have a baby. But instead of a baby, they had triplets. Two girls and a boy. This drove him crazy. Andy, Alex, and Abby. The three A's. Veronica was close to Kodi and didn't like her new siblings. Kodi now just tries to get his sister away from them. Their mom pretty much forgot about them. So one day, he packed up all of his stuff and his sister. He went to californa and bought an apartment. He lives with his sister now. He droped out of highschool. When Kodi was nineteen his sister just turned eighteen. She found a boyfriend and moved in with him. No Kodi lives with his two dogs and horse Apollo.
Parents; Kris grape and mark Smith
siblings; Veronica, Andy, Alex, and Abby.

bastille.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me