Love Letters [RP Thread] [mods please lock]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: Love Letters [RP Thread]

Postby poppyxoxo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:05 pm

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽
she/her ~ 23 ~ pansexual ~ location: bedroom ~ mentions: ~ tags: Tate

Elisabeth reached up a hand to tussle her hair, then smooth it out with her fingers just so that it looked more presentable given that she would be interacting with others that she wasn’t as familiar with. Elisabeth couldn’t use anything to check her reflection so for now, she would have to imagine that she didn’t look anything close to a gremlin. The thought made her smile but also cringe; she didn’t run off of what other people thought of her however she did care about first impressions if there were decent people downstairs. The thought of changing into something different crossed her mind but them Liz remembered that she had dressed for the occasion so that didn’t matter as much. “I’m glad” she stated with a polite nod in Tate’s direction, hiding the small grin on her face from view. Elisabeth much preferred to sleep with two pillows rather than three, however she could always ask for another one if need be.

“I feel that that is slightly strange, given the fact that I’m no stranger to television. Did you watch mum TV back home?” Liz asked. “If so, what’s your favourite thing to watch?”. Liz sighed but not out of exhaustion but rather contentedness because despite all of her worries about joining the show, she felt a lot more at ease than what she had before. “That means a lot more than you think, thank you. I’ve never been able to live down the nature of a job like mine around my family; they all work in retail or less intensive places. Might I say, I think you’re going to have a very good time here, at least, I hope. You’re very good to talk with, though we’ve known each other for an hour. I can safely say that if I wasn’t in good health, I’d trust you” Liz declared, her tone genuine as to show that she meant what she said. “That’s a fair point, how much fame can even come from this, if you can call it fame? Why’s that? The social media use, I mean. Now that I think of it, I don’t really use it either except for communicating”.

Liz’s face stilled at the mention of a red bow on the front of the bike when she had received it. She tried her best to hold in the laughter that was bound to escape. “Pshh, noo” Liz lied, cracking a smile. Was it embarrassing for an adult to admit that they received a bike with a large bow on the front? Hopefully not because in Liz’s case, she had the potential to look very childish. “Well, I do agree with you that surely people can’t fall in love over the course of two days. What I do believe is that in those situations, writing from the suffering person’s perspective is only fair. Anyone who put them there shouldn’t even be regarded unless somehow validating the other person, but I don’t think that happens much. Does that make sense to you? I also do believe that whatever part you chose to take in the medical world, you’ll do that to your fullest potential”.

“Busyness tends to overwhelm me a bit, especially if I’m caught off guard. How are you with large amounts of people?”. Liz swallowed, her brain quickly coming up with the politest way to ask the question she had in mind. “Tate… do you know what you’re looking for, in a person? I guess it goes unspoken that one would have to experience the right type of love to be able to fully determine what is acceptable and what isn’t?” Elisabeth asked, her voice more gently. She stared down at her lap, considering her own answer for the question before meeting Tate’s eyes.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FrijDom » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:12 pm

Caelien Quinn | Male | 21 | Tagging: Kazill | Location: Mansion, Main Hall

"Irish," Caelien noted. He watched Elisabeth and Tate storm off, and sighed. "Well, I suppose there goes the chance to meet them. Shall we head for the rooms, then?"
FrijDom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [014]

Postby senna_ » Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:40 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    he/him..21..heterosexual..location: bedroom..tags: elisabeth
    "It was hard to have much privacy with anything," Tate told her. "Given the big family and all. So, not really; my older sister and I did a lot of the parenting because my own parents weren't home a lot, so the free time we got was limited. A lot of children's shows, though; Mickey Mouse and Winx Club especially. I think the only big thing was The Voice, which we used to watch as a family. But in terms of me personally, I don't know if I have any show in particular. The History channel is my favourite, though. I know," he added, with the slightest bob of his head, "very nerdy. I've heard it before. If you have any recommendations, feel free to shoot them my way. We've got up to a year here, anyway. You must have a preference."

He watched her intently, studied, more or less, as he tuned into her particular choice of words. Although she hadn't said it directly, Tate was certainly getting the impression there was some cold air there, between Elisabeth and her family. Her parents, to be particular. Perhaps he should be more careful about what he said in relation to his own family; he loved them dearly, and was proud of each and every one, but did that seem like he was just rubbing it in? "In good health," he echoed. While he knew what she meant, he still thought it was be appropriate to add, "All my knowledge comes from a textbook, so maybe don't go that far. Thank you," he added in a more genuine tone, giving the slightest dip of his head. "That is most flattering." A shrug followed through in regard to the whole idea of fame, both in terms of social media and the show's outcome. "I guess you could ask yourself the same question, then. I'd consider myself old school ━ I obviously have a phone and everything, but I haven't really bought into the whole idea of sharing my life to a bunch of strangers. I had a Facebook account once, but that was years and years ago. I'm worried about getting addicted to it. I've seen it happen to people, and I think there are better things to spend my time on. I'm not against it, though; I do like seeing the pictures people take. The community is very different online than it is in person."

He took the opportunity then to slide onto the floor, sitting crisscross on the fluffy carpet that blanketed a good portion of the polished floor that held them upright. His fingers ran over the softness of the fabric, but he remained looking up at Elisabeth. "Interesting concept," he mused. "Maybe it's never touched me much because Shakespeare has always had a way with clichés plots; although, in all fairness, I suppose they weren't during his time. Your mind has a way of interpreting things. I feel a lot of people would focus much more on the 'romance' of that play than the struggles behind it. You seem like someone who would like Shakespeare. The symbolism and meaning of it all."

The comment about the career he was hoping to choose was warming. Tate knew it was a struggle, the workload and the dedication, but it was something he was passionate about. It took a certain person though, didn't it? He supposed that was why he hadn't yet decided on an exact field. "I lean both ways," he told her. "I'm pretty introverted, but at the same time, as long as I'm granted some me time, I don't mind being around people. Sometimes it takes me a bit to open up, though, and that can be tiresome." He didn't quite have a chance to return it. The look on her face had changed drastically, and he could tell something was bugging her. Still, he stayed quiet, granting her the time needed to prepare what was lingering in her mind. His head tilted and he ran the end of his index finger over his bottom lip as he dwelled on the question. "Tough question. You are preparing me for the interviews," he joked before falling quiet again. "I've always believed in the concept of knowing when you meet the 'right one.' I just don't know how long that takes before you truly know; how many people you have to meet before you realize you've met the right person, how many particular discussions and events you have to go through before your mind comprehends the right and wrong traits you need to balance out your own. I'm no expert on love, I just knows it comes at different times for everyone. I've never had much of a choice of deciding on a 'type,' but I don't think I'm deeply attracted to one thing over another. I haven't really had much time to explore that path, with such a busy life and all. That's what I'm here for now." He nodded his head once, as if satisfied by his response, then regarded her curiously. "What makes you ask? It looks like something's bothering you."

'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:14 pm

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽

“This might be a silly question but it’s a different story for everyone. How did you feel about not having much time to yourself? I’d imagine that after a while, would it get a bit tiresome for you?” Elisabeth inquired, innocently looking at Tate as she spoke. Liz tried to be as careful as she could while asking because yes, she could always imagine a big family and then answer the question for herself but that wouldn’t be from real life experience. From the way Tate spoke of his family, it wouldn’t be that much of a both. She admired his family driven personality, or rather his caregiver side. “The history channels. I’ve heard quite a few good reviews about that. When you were smaller, did you ever watch Horrible Histories?” Liz asked, remembering one of her fondest childhood memories.

“I’ll tell you this much. My parents weren’t very compassionate towards me however this hasn’t left a bitter affect towards me when in contact with other family stories. It honestly doesn’t bother me talking about others and their families because it would pain me more knowing that they had similar experiences as I did. You probably don’t want to hear more about that though”. Elisabeth thought back to all her unpleasant times with her parents which seemed all the more surprising because a person would think that she would be bitter and would not want any children of her own, but it was actually the opposite. She flashes a slightly teasing smile at Tate. “If I were to search for this page, what would I find?”.

“I don’t blame you because I too prefer to talk in person. It can get really difficult to read tone online sometimes. In person just makes everything more enjoyable which also helps to appreciate the smaller things in life. Including Shakespeare” Liz agreed, playing on what Tate had mentioned moments before. Not many people realised that there were many contributing factors to how you can think about life whether it be positive or negative. “Could you say you’ve found someone that makes it easier to open up? I feel that always helps”.

Liz sighed heavily, a somewhat serious look on her face that lasted more than a few seconds. “Practise is key. Has it ever worried you that maybe it might take longer for you to find someone compared to what others experience? I only ask because… I’m worried about what to expect. I have ideas, like you, about all of this but I guess I haven’t really put anything into play. It’s not that I’m afraid of love but rather… unsuspecting. Does that make any sense?” Liz asked, a sad smile resting on her features before she brightened up again. “Now that I think about it, I’ve never gotten around to even considering what my type could be. I’m slacking a bit” Liz ended her sentence with a small laugh.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toxicfang <3 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:50 am

- Tagged: Teagan; Mentions: - ; Location: Main Entrance -

The idea of drama and fame seemed..complicated. Austin shrugged in response and continued on, decided it may be best just drop it. Soon enough, surly he would come across said people during his stay here, but he hoped that he wouldn’t. After all, he was here to find a partner…. Not fame, money or.. drama?

Austin nodded in response to the idea of setting their bags down. He truly even forgot he was carrying his luggage still. It seems that Teagan had been here for a while, so he hoped that she would know what the room arrangements were like, “ Do you know where the rooms are?” he asked hopefully.
Toxicfang <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [015]

Postby senna_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:51 am

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    It was almost amusing at this point, the type of questions Elisabeth was tossing at him. They were reasonable, though, and thoughtful; Tate had always preferred a deeper topic, as opposed to settling on the weather or what one was expecting to make for dinner. "It depends on the situation," he told her, and as simple as it was, he had a good feeling she understood what he meant when he said that. "As loud as my family is, I could spend hours with them. I liked the role of babysitting, but we all took turns, and it was nice to have the time to read or do whatever in my room or out in my yard. It's different in a scenario like this, though; it's more tiresome, putting on the happy face towards people you don't really know. You know? Surely it's got to be overwhelming for you, this whole situation. Coming from a small family and all." His smile, which was faint, wasn't even fought for when she made mention of her own family. While he hadn't said anything aloud, Tate suspected if it wasn't a sore topic, it would have come out eventually. "Sorry," he murmured, offering her a look of sympathy. He didn't know what that was like. Sure, he had friends who weren't as close as the Ricci family was with one another, but it was different to experience it first-hand. He wondered what her coping mechanisms were regarding it. In a way, perhaps it was somewhat like his own experience. On the other hand, though, he found it was likely even worse; at least when his parents were away, Tate knew there would be little communication. He imagined it would be tougher, knowing your family was physically present and still just as distant. "That's a very strong thing to say." He opened his mouth slightly, then shut it again. The cut-off gave him the impression she wasn't exactly looking to dwell on the topic much longer. That seemed understandable, and even despite her words, Tate did have a feeling it probably affected her a bit more than she consciously convinced herself.

She seemed chipper to move onto another subject, as if the previous was a quick wipe and done, and Tate decided not to linger on it for too long. That was her personal life, he wasn't obligated to do anything more than listen. However, thoughts were brewing in his mind regarding the conversation. If the distance of her parents were truly psychologically ruining, there was a higher chance that she wouldn't have been here, though. Unless, that is, her aunt went behind her back, though that wouldn't have gone too far, given the interviews and such. That was also personal, though. It, while it was a bit of a concern to Tate, was none of his business.

"People act different online," he agreed. "You can meet someone with a great personality in person, then find out they're backstabbing online. And tone, you are right. Everyone communicates differently. Facial expressions make it easier to get something across." He found himself starting to hesitate once more as his family popped into his mind yet again. Although Liz had insisted it was okay to talk about it, he couldn't deny the guilt that swooshed in the pit of his stomach. Still, he managed a small, "My siblings. And my nonna ━ my grandmother. We will spend hours on the phone sometimes. She's quite the gossiper." He was unable to hide the smile on his face now. He'd have to give her a call later. "I take that's kind of your position with your aunt? The one that told you to come on here?"

He shuffled back so that he was perched right against the bed, and gently rested his head against the side of it. "No," he answered simply. "Right time, right moment. I am not in a rush. My personal life is no competition to those around me. I think it's better to ease into it than force because you want to 'keep up,' or something like that. I suppose the pressure might be a bit more intense because this show is supposed to be about finding love, but if there isn't a click, then it was a good experience and you move on to the next. That's just my take on it, though."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:01 pm

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽

Elisabeth tilted a head back so that she could look at the ceiling. It was a weird thing to notice but as she did so, she noticed how high the ceilings were. Since she could remember, Liz had always wanted to live in a home with taller ceilings which wasn’t as common anymore which was a shame. “I understand that” Liz answered with a side smile. Although she didn’t have as big of an immediate family as what Tate did, she could understand the exhaustion of no free time. “As strange as it may be to others, I think that having a bigger family makes people more compassionate towards others. It’s having to be able to learn how to interact with others, even within your own family, that makes other interactions a lot easier. I know what you mean though. For me, this whole setting is strange, maybe even slightly daunting but overall, I can tell that my stay here will be ok” as Liz spoke, for once she wasn’t trying to convince herself constantly. “Don’t be sorry, it is what it is. I still babysit from time to time so even between me and my aunt there isn’t any bad blood” Liz explained, sitting cross legged while plonking her pillow in her lap.

Liz found it hard talk about her family but not for the reason that a lot of people would think. She hated the feeling of being a bummer to any situation and her relationship with her parents wasn’t ideal at all. So, she tried her best to not let it affect her and it hadn’t yet. She was certain that although they weren’t exactly the loveliest people, she would not take one yet one of their negative traits whenever it was her turn to be a parent, but she also promised never to live life just because she wanted to be better than them. Consideration meant a lot to her.

“That’s what I’m most afraid about with being so revolved around the media because you never know that if we will meet people that prefer to lie to your face. I don’t do well with lies; I don’t think anyone does. I know your genuine though, so why don’t we make a deal. We should watch each other’s backs. I know it’s extreme, but you never know” Liz spoke, shrugging. The smile on her face and slightly amused tone in her voice was enough to prove that she really had no idea what to expect. “I think our grandmothers would get along; mine would even gossip to each other because my grandfathers didn’t want to hear the ‘nonsense’ that they go on with. I always found it quite funny, even if my parents didn’t”. Liz could stop her own smile, given Tate’s infectious one. “At the end of the day, she’s family. You never know though; this show could teach me about a few things. It’s already taught me one thing though: never sit near an open window without a jumper” Liz laughed while shifting herself down to the floor so that her bed blocked the draft. “In all seriousness though, I think I might have a good time here”.

Liz lifted her arms up, stretching them about before letting them flop back down on the pillow in front of her. “You do bring up a good point. Are you dreading this experience, or do you think there could be some teachable moments? You’re here right now, but have you been hesitant along the way. Maybe I could learn something different about my outlook on love”.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sunhorsestar » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:35 pm

Kazill Smith | 23 | Tagging: Caelien | Location: Mansion, Main Entrance

Kaz tried not to let it bother him. It was day one. First impressions last though. He could only hope his unfortunately misunderstood attempts at joking hadn’t left a permanently negative impression. That was something he would normally say he’d have to learn and try to avoid, but he wasn’t here for the sake of changing himself for anyone else. He'd be himself, regardless of what people said or thought. Didn’t mean he couldn’t watch their reactions and take it in though, see if it was just their perception or a him thing.

Kaz returned his attention to the man named Caelien, standing in front of him. He hadn’t been around long enough to form an opinion, but at least he hadn’t been out off and rushed off. Kazill grinned and took up the handle of the suitcase he’d brought with him. "Well, I don’t see why not. You have anything you need to grab first?" He asked.

Teagan Harper | 23 | Tagging: Austin | Location: Mansion

"I have a…vague idea? Some people headed upstairs, and the site I applied from said the rooms were on the third floor, so it’d probably be best to start there. I haven’t really been IN the mansion. I actually found myself captured by the pretty garden out back and didn’t continue my little explorations," Teagan admitted with a sheepish smile.

That said, Teagan would be more than happy to set her bag down and maybe get the chance to sit down, or even better, to explore a bit. She nodded towards the door, turning on her heel and heading inside, pushing open the door to hold it for her companion and glancing over her shoulder.
sunhorsestar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

t [016]

Postby senna_ » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:06 pm

━━ 𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐂𝐂𝐈
    "It might," Tate agreed with the smallest tilt of his head. "You always hear the stories about siblings arguing and such, but I suppose that helps create a different sort of social skill. It at least teaches you about patience, that's for sure. It's still more challenging to speak to people I don't really know and stuff, especially if we don't really click or anything, but I think I get what you mean. Though, you seem to be doing just fine. Maybe you have some siblings you're hiding." While he shrugged about this, and although his face didn't hint at much of a smile, it was pretty easy to tell that he was kidding. "I'm sure you could find volunteer places if you really liked kids. There's always something in the community that needs an extra set of hands."

Tate was glad to say he hadn't ever had a nasty online experience. He couldn't really, with his lack of use regarding it, but he'd heard bits and pieces of conversations over the years. It mostly came from women and girls, mentions of "fake" friends and so forth. Yes, he knew people weren't perfect in person, but for whatever reason, it seemed more people turned on others online. And, ironically enough (but not actually that genuinely funny), they always got caught more easily that way. It was destruction just waiting to happen. "Deal," he articulated. "I think it's always good to have an ally around." A smile crossed his face as he leaned back against the bedframe once again. "It must be an older woman thing. My papa isn't really into that, either, but my nonna can talk for hours about anything and everything. She's very opinionated, though, although given what you've said, I take yours aren't much better."

His hazel eyes flitted towards the window, bringing up one hand to quickly shield his eye from the sun that came through far too aggressively at a certain angle. "You're cold?" he questioned. "In the middle of summer?" He supposed that made sense, though, given where she came from. The temperature here was cooler than it was in Toronto, and quite frankly, Tate was still warm in his choice of outfit. It was probably because he'd chosen layers; while his white dress shirt wasn't anything dreadful, the vest-like top he wore above it was certainly a lot thicker than what he probably should have gone with. Nevertheless, it suited the outfit, so he'd have to suck it up. He wondered if he'd find any other guy with a similar style.

"I think it'll definitely teach us things, about love or otherwise," he agreed. "There is a dozen of us mixing together in the same headquarters. That right there is a lesson waiting to unfold. Me? Penso che sia un’idea pazza; it's a crazy idea. But, you live and you learn." He meant it all ways, too. Truth be told, while Tate had a feeling at some point, feelings would be caught, he didn't have high hopes that any relationship would work out in the future. The idea of being pushed together with very specific people made it less realistic for faith to run its course. But, that was just his personal thoughts. Maybe someone really did have high hopes for the show. "Using the word 'dreading' makes me think that it's you that's having second thoughts," he voiced lightly, raising his brows with a soft smile on his features. "I would not say I dread. I believe everything happens for a reason, whether that is good or bad. But, it will be a good experience, no matter the outcome. It's best to strive towards a positive mindset. That is what this is all about, after all."
st paranormal podcast <3

senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby poppyxoxo » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:53 pm

𝐸𝓁𝒾𝓈𝒶𝒷𝑒𝓉𝒽

“It’s just one big circle of life but at the end of the day some experiences are better than others. Patience is vital but also really evident when a person is lacking in it. Thank you though, I’m glad I’ve come out of it alright. Now that I think of it though, every time I asked for a sibling my parents got all weird” Liz winked at Tate, holding in a laugh. She heaved a sigh, her head tilting to the side so that it rested against her bed. “I do travel a lot, so maybe if I had free time, I could lend a hand wherever I go” she replied, her thoughts turning over this new concept. She would be more than willing to do it and just for a moment she questioned whether her current carrier path was right, but she could always change it later if she felt it wasn’t right for her.

Being a girl and having mostly female friends, Liz was no stranger to drama that revolved a lot around things that were said online which was why she chose to stay out of that. One way or another, everything always felt like an unspoken competition whether it was how many followers or likes. That wasn’t a way for anyone to live and Liz certainly didn’t want her life to begin to look like that anytime soon. She had Instagram but only for the basics but mostly she preferred messenger. “Awesome, thank you very much” Liz stood up and held out her hand for Tate to shake as though they were making a business deal. She soon returned back to her seat on the floor. “My grandmothers chattered on constantly and would even call each other to make time for their gossip sessions. It was quite funny. I feel like a few of our family members are very similar”.

“I must sound like a weirdo but I thought I dressed well however I may or may not have packed all of my jackets so I can’t access any of those. I’m normally on top of things like that but obviously not” Liz spoke to Tate, slightly embarrassed. She slipped her tote bag from the bed so that it landed on the floor to make it easier for her to rummage through it. Just like she thought, no sign of a jumper. All she had were her necessities and her mini back with crystals. Her hand hovered over the bag, a faint smile on her face.

Her eyes drifted back up to Tate as he began to speak, giving him her full attention. “What made you think that? Was it the look on my face?” Liz asked with a sheepish yet amused look on her face. “I agree with you there. This experience could be handy. That’s something my maternal grandmother always taught me; everything happens for a reason whether we like it or not. She also said not everything in life is going to be sunshine and rainbows which makes sense.
poppyxoxo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me