Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Open and Accepting!)

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Kajsa Fraser [3]

Postby Skyet » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:28 pm

=========================
    𝙺𝚊𝚓𝚜𝚊 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚛
    female / 20 / show jumper / galaxy / location; office / tags; lydia
    Kajsa looked at the slip of paper. She wasn’t sure what classes to sign up for. True she was competing at BSJA’s Silver League level, but if she went for a lower height the pressure wouldn’t be the same. But it also could made both of them careless. The redhead knew easily that Galaxy could jump 1.30+. Sighing and running a hand through her hair she turned to look at Sabrina and Lydia, “Do you two mind watching me and Galaxy, help us decide a class or two? Not sure if going lower might make us careless or if higher risks us missing out on placing?”

Kajsa had always admired Lydia and her horse. The two were seemingly unstoppable on the circuit. And while Kajsa had won international events, that was back in her pony days. She’d been lucky, having two geldings today compete. A bay Welsh cross named Harry and a buckskin sport pony she’d named Haggis. It was Haggis who’d gone with her twice to the European Pony champs, helping the GB team to fourth then silver, and earning her individual medals
Skyet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Foxmoore Equestrian Centre (Open and Accepting!)

Postby eventer » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:28 pm

minnie simply smiled, but didn’t move when he questioned his ability, and as she suspected, he took the bandanna and slowly made his way towards Shiloh, she made no comment when he said he was only doing it for his horse, she expected nothing less. She smiled as he sat on Shiloh and watched how he carefully grabbed the stallions mane, Shiloh as usual, was unfazed and kept playing with his twig. She walked up to the pair and smiled gently grabbing ruebens hand careful not to startle him, and handed him the rope as she placed it around the stallions neck and looped it back into the halter like reins, a bit of security perhaps so rueben knew he had control. “Now trust him. He’s trained tackless, so be careful with your aids” she said calmly and spoke again “hang on” she said and clucked her tongue, the stallion very carefully, brought his front feet forward, almost warning the boy that he was about to get up, before standing up calmly. She pointed a finger and the stallion slowly began to walk the perimeter of the arena, Minnie watched and chuckled, rueben must have shifted his weight a little or something, she wasn’t sure if it was deliberate or not, but Shiloh side passed a few steps before continuing straight. “He has very light aids, your shifting weight will make him side pass, just be careful and don’t ask him to canter until your ready” she said, “and remember to breath. Trust him, he won’t do anything wrong. When you feel ready, remove the bandage” she said calmly. “If you need him to stop, just tell him woah... if you want him to lay back down just touch his shoulder.” She spoke again before going quiet listening to his breathing and watching his behaviour
eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:50 am

Rueben Brooker
23|Male|Bisexual
Starsky|English
Tagged: Mikayla
Rueben calmed a little as he sat there, figuring it was a good first step. What he wasn't quite prepared for was what would come next. He took hold of the rope, holding it instinctively like it was reins - as much as one could, considering it was much thicker than reins were. He straightened his back and put his shoulders back, an instinct that he hadn't lost when it came to riding. Posture was fine and all now, but he tensed up again as he felt Shiloh moving underneath him, as the stallion started to stand up. He doubted himself again. "I don't know..." he started - not that anything could be stopped now. He considered dismounting, that wouldn't be too difficult, though he was still essentially blind, and Shiloh still moving. What if he slid off anyway and got hurt? The thought crowded Rueben's head, so he shifted his weight a little to try and feel more balanced, and ward off the thought. The fear not quite dissipating yet as Shiloh had side passed a few steps, which tensed Rueben up again more - if that was even possible at this point. Still, he managed to keep his hands low, although his posture was stiff. "What if I can't do it?" Rueben asked, after breathing out slowly - he hadn't realised he'd been holding his breath in - though he wasn't sure what he was referring to himself.
He tried to relax into the walk. It was odd without a saddle, but he'd definitely missed the feeling of a horse under him. Fear just blocked him from really enjoying it. Eventually, he held the rope in one hand, bringing the other up to pull off the bandana. He let his eyes adjust to the lighting, then he glanced around a little. Now that he could see again, Rueben held the rope in both hands once more. He focused on his breathing, and keeping his gaze ahead, knowing that he'd probably panic if he looked down.

Ashton Wyatt
21|Male|Bisexual
Sundance|Western
Tagged: Group/Open
Since some people were starting to disperse, Ashton decided that he'd stay in the office for a little while. He didn't really have any rush or felt the need to get to training or doing anything just yet. He was quietly confident in himself and Sundance, and had been rather hoping to go on a trail ride or something later on anyway. Besides, he didn't think that there was much room or places left to go and train, from what he was hearing. Maybe he could go and see Sundance in his pasture, though...

Making his decision, Ashton stepped out of the office as well, and he walked down to the pastures. He loved watching the horses interact and spend their time in the pastures. He spotted another rider sitting on the fence, but he decided not to approach - there wasn't really much of a need to do so, in his opinion. Instead, he walked to Sundance's pasture - which he usually shared with one or two other horses - and he leaned on the fence, watching the gelding graze.

Ezrah Holton
23|Male|Bisexual
Nova|Western
Tagged: Group/Open.
Ezrah kept quiet for a few moments, then he announced his departure from the office. "I'll go and prepare for some training in the indoor school. If anyone wants a little bit of Western help." he said, glancing around at those that were left in the office. Even if it was just to help with posture or technique, Ezrah hoped that he'd be able to offer some sort of help to someone, if they wanted it.
Then, Ezrah left the office, and walked down to the tack room. He wanted to give Nova's tack a quick clean first, just to make sure it was nicely polished. And... well, it was how it would look at the show.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eventer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:12 am

minnie smiled and watched him, when he tended up at shilohs side pass she bit her lip and when he spoke she spoke calmly walking beside Shiloh “you are doing it” she said and watched as he removed the bandanna, “your only walking, you can go faster if you’d like but perhaps leave that till tomorrow.” She smiled looking towards the stables as lydia walked in there, “let me ask you a question. were you competing starsky? How high were you jumping her” she asked carefully she said calmly, looking behind her to the stables as Lydia walked out with the spotty mare. She wasn’t worried about rueben seeing her, yet... purely because he looked far to focused on Shiloh, “just fyi, your soo great. You see how your breathing now, and you’ve slowed it a little more he’s slowed his walk and has dropped his head?” She asked calmly, she knew he probably noticed but sometimes fear that bad can become over whelming and you don’t notice these little things. “Okay I need you to do one more thing for me.” She said suspiciously before continuing “don’t get mad. Remember your on a very sensitive horse, so just... don’t do anything. Just stay” she said calmly and as they came around the third corner of the arena she bit her lip wondering if rueben would freak that someone was riding his horse. “No seriously, don’t get mad. I just want to show you that you haven’t ruined your horse” she said softly “just watch” she smiled and stopped beside the stallion. Perhaps rueben seeing his mare go around the arena fine with a stranger would one, make him realise his horse is fine, two, perhaps make him realise his options if he doesn’t start riding, it was a fact, you don’t keep a competitive horse if your not going to ride it, if he was going to sell her, he had to accept her being ridden by others, and third... it might just give him the confidence, seeing that his mare is fine, he can realise that he is fine, maybe not enough to get back on his mare yet, maybe in a day or two, but maybe enough to have a good play on Shiloh, perhaps even get the chance of a life time to ride a horse like Pandora. “I told you. She’s not ruined” she smiled as she watched Lydia work the mare as if the mare never had a day off.

Lydia looked at her phone at her friends text before looking to Gemma, “hey I’ve just got to ride someone’s horse for them, prove she’s not broken or something? I don’t know. Your welcome to come watch and then we can work with you and your horse” she smiled before making her way out to the stables. She found the spotted mare easily, shed be annoyed at minnie if this wasn’t okay with the owner, but knowing minnie... she probably didn’t even say anything to the poor boy. She greeted the mare with treats, she was super sweet, and led her out of the stall tying her up, she wasn’t sure which gear was hers so she used Pandora’s jumping saddle and a few spare bits and bobs, all expensive gear either PEI or southern stars. She saddled up the mare and in a French rose saddle pad set with a French rose bonnet, and grabbed a black bridle changing the straps to fit the mare before settling them onto the mare. There was a method to her madness in making the mare beyond presentable, Minnie said something about the boy saying the mare was damaged because of an accident, well she wanted the mare to look special. So she dressed her up, she put on some show jumping boots, and then grabbed her helmet and zipped up her tall boots. She did a bit of ground work with the mare to get to know her a little before leading her to the second arena made up with some show jumping jumps. She had a groom come out and help her, she wasn’t sure how high the mare had jumped before, but also knew she was out of work, so the groom set the jumps to 95cm with a warm up 65cm jump. She was ready to ignore any yelling, and mounted the mare, she was nothing like Dora, didn’t have the stubborn fiery streak, but she was super cute and super sweet, and so she started to warm her up before popping her over the small jump and then lining the mare up for the bigger ones, she had no intentions of riding the mare for more then 15 or 20 minutes, it wasn’t fair for her being out of work, but it was to prove something to her owner so whatever. Lydia also knew what minnie was up to, and that the boy would probably need Pandora tomorrow. Or later if he was up to it, Shiloh couldn’t jump, due to his injury, the impact on the bone after a jump would possible be too much. Lydia focused on the mare, hoping minnie had the boy under control.

(Hope you don’t mind Lydia stealing starsky to prove a point )

eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:32 am

Rueben Brooker
23|Male|Bisexual
Starsky|English
He shook his head - he did not want to go faster yet, certainly not without a saddle. Figuring out his breathing, Rueben worked on his posture, doing his best to straighten his back, and putting his shoulders back, while still being a little tense. He hated to admit it, but this... was actually working. It felt odd working with a different horse, especially one that only required very light aids, but still.
At Minnie's questions, Rueben answered, "Yes. And we were clearing jumps at 1.2 meters, easily. Especially tiger trap jumps and key hole jumps." damn, he realised how much he missed competing. The different types of jumps... the thrill of knowing that he'd cleared a jump that most of the others had been unable to.
Refocusing, making sure that Shiloh's ears showed that he was paying attention to him, and he kept his hands down. He doubted Minnie's words, not having noticed those things... but once they were pointed out, he did notice it. Rueben hummed a little in confirmation. However, he noticed the change in tone from Minnie, and he frowned, narrowing his eyes. Gently pulling back a little, and saying, "Woah..." to Shiloh, to bring him to a halt, because he was quite sure whatever was going to happen, it would be best to be still for this. He tensed up again. "What do you mean?" he asked, sharply, as he looked up as saw... Starsky being ridden by someone else - Lydia, he assumed. The mare looked like she was having the time of her life, being worked properly again for once, popping over the jumps cleanly. Rueben grew angry, using it to cover up for the fact that he was also heartbroken at the sight of seeing Starsky being ridden by someone else - something that would be a real possibility if he was forced to sell her. "That's my horse..." he whispered, angrily, keeping his posture the best as he could. Starsky was jumping so well, and seemed so happy, he noticed, which also hurt him... he wished that was him up on the mare. He was sure that all of his emotions and thoughts were clear, even without him saying so, which he was annoyed by. Rueben then lightly squeezed his legs, intending to walk Shiloh towards Lydia and Starsky.

Ashton Wyatt
21|Male|Bisexual
Sundance|Western
Since some people were starting to disperse, Ashton decided that he'd stay in the office for a little while. He didn't really have any rush or felt the need to get to training or doing anything just yet. He was quietly confident in himself and Sundance, and had been rather hoping to go on a trail ride or something later on anyway. Besides, he didn't think that there was much room or places left to go and train, from what he was hearing. Maybe he could go and see Sundance in his pasture, though...

Making his decision, Ashton stepped out of the office as well, and he walked down to the pastures. He loved watching the horses interact and spend their time in the pastures. He spotted another rider sitting on the fence, but he decided not to approach - there wasn't really much of a need to do so, in his opinion. Instead, he walked to Sundance's pasture - which he usually shared with one or two other horses - and he leaned on the fence, watching the gelding graze.

Ezrah Holton
23|Male|Bisexual
Nova|Western
Ezrah kept quiet for a few moments, then he announced his departure from the office. "I'll go and prepare for some training in the indoor school. If anyone wants a little bit of Western help." he said, glancing around at those that were left in the office. Even if it was just to help with posture or technique, Ezrah hoped that he'd be able to offer some sort of help to someone, if they wanted it.
Then, Ezrah left the office, and walked down to the tack room. He wanted to give Nova's tack a quick clean first, just to make sure it was nicely polished. And... well, it was how it would look at the show.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eventer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:33 pm

minnie watched lydia calmly and looked to Shiloh as his sudden hoof hitting the ground in irritation, “easy” she whispered and looked to rueben, his anger and frustration clear “I won’t say it again...” she said calmly indicating that his anger was going to rial Shiloh up of he didn’t fix it, anger and testosterone was one thing you did not mix with a stallion who also had both, Shiloh was a huge feeder of emotions, and he was also a thoroughbred, everyone knows thoroughbreds are sensitive enough, and Shiloh was ten times more sensisitve due to his training and being a stallion all of that was amplified by emotions. “Remember your riding a stallion, he feels as you feel faster than your mare will” she said quickly it calmly, the most Shiloh would do if rueben didn’t calm down would be to start cantering, let out energy, but she also knew that if rueben got more angry, the stallion would show more stallions traits, stallions don’t like angry men, it was like they were being challenged. Minnie watched as Lydia jumped the final jump, a big 1m box oxer and then started cooling her off. She walked up beside Shiloh and gently touched the stallions side, rueben needed to get his mind back on Shiloh and off his horse, so she did something a little bit fast, and perhaps scary, but she trusted Shiloh, and he needed to. The stallion flicked an ear but moved forwards into a calm collected canter. Minnie knee if rueben started to lose his balance, Shiloh would catch him and keep him centred, so she wasn’t worried about him falling off, “don’t clench your knees, follow his movement, let him travel and remember to breath” she said watching lydia dismount and return to the stables with the spotty mare. Shiloh cantered around the arena contently. He could tell his rider was nervous so balanced himself under him carefully.
eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:27 pm

Rueben Brooker
23|Male|Bisexual
Starsky|English
Rueben clenched his jaw, tempted to ignore Minnie. But, he didn't even really know what he'd even do if he reached Lydia and Starsky. Definitely nothing that would potentially hurt or startle either horse. As he watched Starsky soar beautifully over the final jump, some of the anger fell away, replaced with hurt and pride. Hurt that he hadn't been the one to take Starsky over the jump, pride because he was proud of how well she'd performed. Rueben let out a sigh, hoping to somewhat release a bit more of his anger, coming to his senses - knowing that if he didn't calm down enough soon then he would not like the results. However, his fear quickly spiked over his anger as Shiloh suddenly started a canter - he'd been so focused on Starsky and Lydia, he'd barely noticed Minnie walking up. His hands raised and he tensed up again, convinced that he was about to fall off at any point. However, he noticed how Shiloh balanced himself, keeping him centered whenever he felt he was about to slide off the most, which made it easier to focus back on his posture, relaxing into the canter, lowering his hands again, but keeping his elbows loose to following the movements of the canter. It was quite exhilarating, when he let himself enjoy it, and he recalled how it felt the very first time he cantered - terrifying, but thrilling and enjoyable.

Ashton Wyatt
21|Male|Bisexual
Sundance|Western

Ezrah Holton
23|Male|Bisexual
Nova|Western
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby eventer » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:52 pm

minnie smiled “see, I told you you’d be fine” she chuckled and watched the stallion canter around the arena, “he knows basic English flat, counter canter, extension, collection, canter side pass, he can pirouette but if you ask incorrectly he’ll just do a roll back. I want you to ride him as if you were doing a dressage test, make it up, feel his education, he can’t do top moves like passage or piaffe but he can do enough of an elementary test.” She said calmly, “don’t be so surprised that a western trained horse can do a dressage test, unlike some people here I have no issues with you lot, I find English riding interesting and very helpful with tackless, I wish I knew how to jump, but with his old injury I never taught him and never learnt” she said calmly, “he’s got a floating trot, you should be able to sit to it bareback quite easily” she said and went and sat on the fence looking at her phone as the note sound erupted, “Lydia has offered her horse to jump later or tomorrow if you’d like. I’m not sure putting you on your mare to jump is clever just yet, perhaps jump lydias horse first, heck if your brave enough, you can always jump Dora at her usual height of 145cm.” She chuckled, somehow she doubted that he’d jumped that height before, and if he had, it was probably a one off jump, not a course. She herself rode Dora once or twice, the education in that horse was just amazing, I guess it was pretty normal for a horse who’d competed in Germany and Europe and Australia and America, Lydia has competed her everywhere, so it was fair enough that the horses education was as it was. She looked back to rueben, “so, that dressage test. Get going” she chuckled, he seemed a little unsure, but clearly his nerves were fairly under control, which was to be expected, what she didn’t want to happen, was for him to go ‘I’m fixed and fine now’ and get on starsky and ruin everything he’s done today, just because he was fine on Shiloh, did not mean it would transfer to his horse, he could get on Dora later and Be perfectly fine, again, Dora and Shiloh aren’t the ones he came off of. She couldn’t stop him from getting on starsky, but she hoped he wouldn’t.

eventer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:13 pm

Rueben Brooker
23|Male|Bisexual
Starsky|English
He couldn't quite believe that this was working. Perhaps not quite enough to get back on Starsky and try to fly around a course of jumps, but it was definitely several steps in the right direction. Even if he ended up just sitting on her later. Maybe. He guessed there was some anxiety still around that.
Anyway, he raised an eyebrow at the mention of a dressage test. He had thought Minnie was a Western rider - though this was addressed by her when she noticed his surprise. He was also surprised that he was being offered Lydia's horse to ride at some point, which he wasn't too sure about just yet. He definitely didn't want to jump at Dora's usual height - that was higher than he was used to with Starsky. Something... much smaller would be his first choice. "Would she even trust me with her?" Rueben asked, doubtfully, then carefully slowed Shiloh down to a floating trot. "... I haven't trained in Dressage. I don't know what to do." he said, a little panicked that he wasn't sure what to do - he hadn't studied any Dressage tests or movements. "I can't do it." Rueben said, quickly resigning himself to giving in before trying, as to avoid the possibility of failing, which still haunted him.

Ashton Wyatt
21|Male|Bisexual
Sundance|Western

Ezrah Holton
23|Male|Bisexual
Nova|Western
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kajsa Fraser [4]

Postby Skyet » Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:37 am

𝙺𝚊𝚓𝚜𝚊 𝙵𝚛𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚛
    female / 20 / show jumper / galaxy / location; office > tack room / tags; ezrah
    Deciding to put her name down for the Silver League height classes and the 1.20m, Kajsa picked you her bag and left the office. It was a nice enough day she thought, walking into the tack room, a hack down by the river would be nice and give her the chance to relax. They might even find a few logs to jump. At first, Kajsa didn’t notice Ezrah was in there, placing her bag on top of her trunk. She turned round, checking her watch and almost ran into him.

I’m so sorry,” Kajsa cried, seeing that Ezrah was cleaning tack. “I haven’t messed it up have I?” The last thing the riders needed was a fight over tack. Kajsa glanced at the tack, admiring how beautiful it was. It was one thing Western definitely had over English, tack. Kajsa liked the different intricate patterned details she’d seen on various western tack over the years. Same went for the outfits and basically anything western. They weren’t afraid to be loud and proud about how they looked. In English riding however, you had to fit in and look the part. “That really is some beautiful tack you own...
Skyet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me