sunrise — closed

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Re: sunrise — closed

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:48 am

Casimir Lodge
23|Male|Saloon Worker
Tagged: Everyone (except Bailey)
Casimir met Shiloh's eye, holding the silent eye contact right up until Gideon had started talking - at which point, he turned around to face the older veteran. Although he listened to the instruction, it took him a couple of moments before he started actually moving, to follow them through. It seemed to take a slight delay before he realised what he'd done - he doubted that he killed the bandit, just seriously injured him - but it was still an odd feeling. To know that he'd shot someone. Sure, he'd done it to protect Shiloh, because he figured that the bandit would have struck out if he'd tried to warn Shiloh. No, he did not like the feeling, but he knew that he would have felt worse if he allowed for anything to happen to Shiloh.

He then nodded towards Shiloh in acknowledgement, and walked over to his tent, packing it up, along with the very few things that he had left. It didn't take very long at all, of course, and once he was finished, Cass found Glade, and led the gelding over to what he had packed, so that he could tack up and ready the horse for travelling. Glade was still a little antsy, so Cass was patient with him, but made sure that it didn't end up taking ages to pack up. Once he was ready, he stood, holding Glade's reins, and glancing around at the others, to check on what they were doing.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellhound-My-Legend » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 am

Shiloh Fray
22 / male / vaquero
at; - // tagged; everyone
    Shiloh felt in a daze, unable to really comprehend what he was doing as he finished with Maurice, packing his own things on the gelding before going and tacking up Cameron. She was without a rider, but he wouldn't be leaving her, or Bailey's belongings -which he strapped to her- behind. He double checked everything, hoping that he wasn't forgetting anything important. He was about to mount up onto Maurice, ready to get going, when he turned and looked at the bandit Casimir had shot, panicked and bleeding on the ground. Without another thought, Shiloh fired his second bullet of the night, and got up onto Maurice. He felt so numb, he didn't even look back to the man now lying still as he squeezed his legs to urge Maurice forward, one hand holding a lead to Cameron as she reluctantly followed after him.
Hellhound-My-Legend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:49 am

Casimir Lodge
23|Male|Saloon Worker
Cass did a last check over Glade - first to ensure that he definitely wasn't physically hurt or injured in any way, and to also make sure that the couple of things attached to the gelding were secure. Then, he tested the girth, before pulling himself up into the saddle. He pretended not to hear the gunshot from Shiloh, and he instead leaned forward, rubbing and patting the gelding's neck. Now that the adrenaline rush was wearing off, he was quickly getting tired, and he sincerely hoped that he would not end up falling asleep in the saddle. Despite the events of tonight, he still wanted to make sure that he got some sleep. With another glance around, he wondered what the plan was. Sure, it was obvious that they would just be going to the next town - it hopefully wasn't too far off - but he did wonder what they were going to do about Bailey. Maybe they'd get to town, and arrange for a couple of them - likely Gideon and Shiloh, he supposed - to go out and find him, and bring him back. That would be the plan that he'd come up with. Cass glanced over towards Shiloh, giving him a slightly weary look.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burning_Roses » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:27 pm

------------------------
C H A R L E S
Charlie//Twenty-Four//Male//Tagged:
---------------------
    Charlie grit his teeth as he urged Marisol forward and after a short time in silence he spoke, "When I get my hands on the scum that did this...I'm gonna make sure they wish they were never born"His hands gripped the reigns tight enough so that his knuckles went white and he sighed out trying to relax but no! Bailey, their leader their rock was missing taken by some stupid...lowlifes. Then he realized that everyone else was quiet and somber, and he spoke up"Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way? Bailey was our leader and he kept us together for the most part. Are we seriously just going to ride along with our tails between our legs?!"

/////
------------------------
K A T E
Female//Twenty-Four//Outlaw//Tagged:
---------------------
    Kate did jump at Charlie's outburst of emotion and she put her hand on the male's shoulder, "Charlie..please hush. We're all upset but we need to make sure we're all safe before we formulate a plan to try and find Bailey."She watched him jerk from her hand and she sighed gripping Shadow's reigns. This was certainly going to be a stressful Star to their day
Burning_Roses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:40 pm

𝐆𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐎𝐍 𝐕𝐎𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐓
    ────────────────────────────────────
    ; 6’1 | tags. everyone

The group did as told without any fuss which made his life so much easier. His horse was loaded up with his things and mounted with the soldier once ready. A few moments into their ride away and someone already was having a meltdown about the situation. Yet another heavy sigh escaped him, thankful that these weren't troops nor his, for that matter. "Would you quit your pity party?" He snapped, "I'm damn sure you're the last one that needs to be doing anything about this." Gideon commented, more on Charles' lack of emotional control. "We're going to ride until sunrise. Then, we'll come up with a plan of action. If he isn't found dead on the way."
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Burning_Roses » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:58 pm

------------------------
C H A R L E S
Charlie//Twenty-Four//Male//Tagged:
---------------------
    Charlie fell silent and sadly he had to admit that Gideon was right, he'd be no help as Ann emotional basket case. So he folded and rode along in silence still steaming as his eyes searched the horizon. He hoped Bailey was alive and that they wouldn't find his body in a ditch somewhere that'd be kinda traumatic.

/////
------------------------
K A T E
Female//Twenty-Four//Outlaw//Tagged:
---------------------
    Kate sighed and rubbed her temples. Sure Gideon was correct maybe they'd find Bailey's body but that made Kate wonder why they just took Bailey and not all of them? Or at least one of the others. Including herself. She wasn't religious but part of her was praying to a good above that Bailey was alright and that they'd find him and everything would be ok...she still didn't speak as she kept her eyes ahead. Then she finally said, "Sounds like a good plan to me."
Burning_Roses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellhound-My-Legend » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:32 pm

Shiloh Fray
22 / male / vaquero
at; - // tagged; casimir
    As they pulled off and began to move on, Shiloh allowed himself to fall to the back of the group, his head still spinning and his mind racing. Sunrise was maybe an hour or two off at this point, and his brain was screaming at him that that was too long, that Bailey would be gone for good by then. But he knew that they couldn't go after him, it was too dangerous and he wasn't going to let anyone else get hurt because of his mistake. It was still quite dark, only the faintest light spread across the world around them as he rode Maurice up next to Casimir.
    "Cass, I need you to make sure no one follows me," he knew the other man would understand what he was getting at, knew how his eyes must look crazed at this point. He had to go after Bailey, and no one was coming with him.

With a last look to Casimir, one filled with emotion, begging him to just go along with what Shiloh wanted, he allowed Maurice -
    and Cameron by extension - to slow down. He left them at the slower pace until they were a good distance away from the rest of the gang. Once he was sure they wouldn't be heard, he turned the horses and cantered back in the direction they'd come, pushing them into a gallop soon after. He didn't dare look back until he was sure he wouldn't be able to see anyone; he was right, he was too far gone for anyone to follow now. Shiloh turned his gaze forwards again, towards where the bandits had ran off, towards Bailey.

Hellhound-My-Legend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Consulting_Angel » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:26 am

Casimir Lodge
23|Male|Saloon Worker
He watched, in concern, at Charlie's outburst, and he silently agreed with Gideon. They didn't need anyone to be losing their minds right now - especially in their current situation. He did think, though, that they rode up until they reached the town, but he figured that it might be an hour or two away anyway - like the sunrise, he guessed. Casimir took a deep breath, squeezing his legs gently against Glade, so that the two of them would follow the group, nearer to the back.
When he heard Shiloh, Cass glanced towards him, looking a little startled. He saw the odd look in his eyes, though, and managed to understand what he meant. Still, he opened his mouth, as if he was going to say something - maybe to protest against it - but then he closed his mouth, and silently nodded, mouthing 'take care' towards him.

Cass then returned his focus towards the rest of the group, as though to ensure that no one would look back and see what was going on. He couldn't let himself look back - partly to not attract attention to what he was meant to not be letting anyone see, and also because he knew that he'd probably do something stupid like follow, if he did look back. No, he convinced himself that it wouldn't be for long. Maybe the bandits weren't too far off, and Shiloh would manage to get into town, with Bailey, by midday. But he also knew that was wistful thinking.
Consulting_Angel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moonkin » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:15 am

𝐁𝐀𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍
    twenty-four ; | tags. everyone mentions. names

Everything was a blur when Bailey came to. Most of it couldn’t be remembered besides the reason for the pounding in his head and why the hell he was hanging upside down. With a slight raise of his head, it was confirmed that he was indeed tied around his ankles with a rope connected to a tree branch. The low glow of a fire was about three feet away along with five men who hadn’t noticed his awakening yet. Luckily for them all, Bailey hadn’t made close to a sound, moving ever so slowly toward the knife stashed in the waistband of his jeans. It was unsheathed and in one quick movement, Bailey rose and swiped the blade against the lasso that bound him. His body landed heavy with a thud on the ground but the bandits were alerted way before then and by the time Bailey had recovered from the shock absorption in his body, someone was already hoisting him aggressively to his feet. You think yer clever there, boy? was growled mere centimeters from his face. The two pairs of eyes staring at each other like a pack of wild dogs. Bailey shifted his jaw and ran his tongue over his lips as if he was going to speak, his green eyes looking over to the two men coming toward them on his left. He was stalling for enough time to conjure up a plan- which came easy if you were on high survival mode and this sort of thing ran deep in your bloodline.

Fierce green eyes snapped back toward the towering bandit who held him off the ground in the same moment the blade of his knife shoved hilt deep into the gullet of the man. A low growl came from both men; the bandit of pain and Bailey like some animal. They both collasped to the ground but instead of staying like the assumed six foot man, Bailey snatched his pistol and shot the two oncoming men in seconds as he gathered himself to his feet. Without one thought, without even looking or acknowledging if his aim would hit to kill. The action must’ve distracted him enough because in the next moment, Bailey found himself in a choke hold once again. His bare feet dragging the ground for the second time and his hands clawing at the unseen face behind him. There was nothing he could do for a good moment as his vision started fading black around the edges but it wasn’t like the cowboy hadn’t been frantically searching for a plan. As soon as he could, Bailey regained his ground and shoved the heel of his foot into the thigh of the bandit behind him, using the time frame to whirl around and sock the man in the face with his elbow. It didn’t do much but reward him with a heavy punch to his face in return and the other guy knocking him to the ground. If Bailey hated anyone in this moment, it was himself for being so damn stupid. His bloodied teeth clenched and narrowed eyes stared up at the bandit who pinned him with an entire body weight summed in one knee to his chest. This is where your little parade ends. The bandit had spat in his face, shoving the barrel of a pistol in between a scowling cowboy’s eyes. The blood in Bailey’s mouth was collected and gathered until he could almost choke on it but was repurposed to spit in the face of the man who dared to threaten him. To threaten people lives that he cared for.

The trigger of the gun would’ve been pulled in an instant if the bandit wasn’t briefly distracted. A couple seconds was all Bailey needed to reroute the barrel of the gun and send the bullet that had his name on it into the bandit instead. It only made his dirty appearance worse; blood over his face, neck and front of his shirt. All mixed in with dirt and making it stick to his skin. Bailey didn’t think he’d be able to do anything properly for a month after this. Food wouldn’t taste the same nor would he be able to feel clean in a shower. Shoving the dead body off of him, Bailey slowly rose to his feet, sluggishly grabbing the same gun and pointing it at the last remaining bandit. His mind was scrambled, his nerves were beyond what they called shot and Bailey knew he would see this in his dreams from here on out. The first time he had ever put a bullet in anything that wasn’t an animal and it was five men under ten minutes. Words were spewing from the man on his knees but Bailey couldn’t hear him over the ringing in his ears. A trigger was pulled and the bandit campsite fell silent with the last body and the soft thump of the pistol being tossed off to the side.

Nothing could’ve made him hang around any longer. Not even the promise of free things to acquire over the stuff they’d lost. Not more ammo or guns, or the horses that whinnyied from their posts. The cowboy leader started his walk away from the scene in a fog-like trance. He couldn’t tell which way was their exact camp but he knew no one would be there either so it didn’t really matter. Bailey wasn’t looking to go anywhere in particular; only a walk that would hopefully clear everything up and settle the shaking that seemed to vibrate throughout his whole body and make his teeth clench until it hurt in his jaw.
moonkin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hellhound-My-Legend » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 am

Shiloh Fray
22 / male / vaquero
at; - // tagged; bailey
    Shiloh had followed the trampled grass and askew dirt in the hopes that it would lead to Bailey. He'd had to slow down to a canter after the first while, he didn't know how far they'd have to go and he couldn't let the horses tire too much. The very first glows of sunrise was beginning to show on the horizon, but Shiloh's eyes were focused on the ground. He was just starting to think he'd lost their trail, slowing to a walk to look for signs of Bailey's kidnappers, when he heard the gun shots, two in quick succession. The horses had reacted before he did, as animals tend to, perking up, ears rotating all around and heads swishing. Usually a gunshot wouldn't phase them in the slightest, but with the events of the last few hours, he couldn't blame them for their visceral reaction. He turned the horses towards the sound of commotion, urging them forward. He hadn't heard any further noises and his mind was racing with the worst possible scenarios. Was he already too late? Had he really been so stupid as to think he could make it in time?

But then there was a figure, a man, in the distance, and Shiloh would have recognized the gait - although strained - anywhere. He pushed the horses faster, pulling them both up in a sliding stop as he all but launched himself off his gelding, trusting the horses to know this was not the time to run off. He stopped but an inch from Bailey, hand coming up to grab at his face, tilt his head up so he could see his eyes. The look in them made Shiloh's knees buckle, bringing them both down as he felt something in him shatter and break apart.
    "Bailey, what happened," it wasn't a question, his voice ragged, desperate, "Bails what did you do." They weren't questions because he already knew, it was so clear, as if written across the other man's features. It was the same look in his eyes he'd seen in the mirror the first time he'd killed a man, taken a human life. He looked like he was teetering on the edge of a cliff with no intention of stepping backwards; too far gone. Shiloh felt sick, and for a moment he actually thought he might pass out. The ugly, dark feeling of guilt that welled up in his stomach and spread to every inch of his body had him reeling. I did this, the words echoed in his head, drowning out the pounding of his heart in his ears, I did this. He was distantly aware of his hair falling in his face, sticking to his forehead, and the light from the sunrise reflecting off of Bailey's green eyes. He was shaking, they both were it seemed, as he drew the other man into a hug, clutching at his back, trying to keep them both in one piece; Shiloh felt like he was seconds from disintegrating. "It's okay, it's gonna be okay," he was saying it to himself just as much as he was to Bailey. He didn't know how to move just yet, just wanting to forget about what had happened, the last while, the whole night. It was all so wrong. This wasn't supposed to happen.
Hellhound-My-Legend

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me