I Love You A Latte (Remake) (Old Thread, Please Lock!

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

Postby strawbs. » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:56 pm

π™Ώπ™Έπ™΄πšπšπ™΄ π™Όπ™Ύπ™½πšπ™Ύπ™΄ // πšπ™Έπ™Άπ™Άπš‚
    the black roast ─ 21 years ─ tags; aspen

riggs' body follows its own clock most of the time. this morning, he naturally woke up earlier than intended, groggy eyes squinting into the light of his phone, which read 6AM. he didn't feel himself ever falling back to sleep, despite how tired he had been upon awakening. he still opted to stay in bed another hour or so, the warming comfort of his covers hugging him close as he went through his phone. there was one message from his father and two from his mother. riggs scowls. his mother never trusted him. he was a problem child as soon as they adopted him; it ranged past years that he caused trouble within and outside of the home. after he got better, she never truly believed it, even though he had made his best attempts at being obvious about it. that makes it hard to stay in line. what's the point in trying when the efforts aren't noticed? his father saw at least. he'll answer their texts later; he has to be in the right mood.

now would be the time that he got up from the safety of his bed. he sits up with a stretch and a yawn, brushing his fingers through the mess atop of his head to try and fix it (failing miserably). he looks around. it was... still weird waking up without noise from his family, sister shaking him to be up before two, threatening that he would have cold water poured on his sleeping form otherwise. while a little lonely, there was also a certain bit of freedom he felt with this. riggs tiptoes out of his room, softly padding out and into the kitchen, where he opens the fridge. he clicks his tongue. he still has to get groceries, as he forgot to. again. eh, he will later.

he's grateful that it's a saturday, for he doesn't have work. he can take his time with things, go slow once in a while, unlike how he usually lives. although he never catches a break from his classes, putting in some studying time almost every day. sometimes, it kind of bothers him how much of a perfectionist he tends to be, but other times, he's proud of it. riggs gets dressed and grabs his things, heading out the door. maybe he'll go over to the tiny mug for some breakfast. nearing the building, he spots a very familiar head of long, red hair. he jogs to catch up to said hair, peeking around to look at her face. "aspen." he greets, walking side by side to her. "are you going where i think you're going?" he asks with a knowing smirk. she was one of the few people he had met here. he's not very talkative to strangers; in fact, he didn't want anything to do with meeting new people or making friends, but aspen had come along. riggs eventually gave up, letting her have a spot in his life. she's too nice for her own good.

𝙴𝙻𝙸𝙹𝙰𝙷 π™·π™°πšπ™»π™΄π™Ό // 𝙴𝙻𝙸
    the rooibos tea ─ 18 years ─ tags; open

when elijah wakes up, his father is getting ready for work, but he already has some bacon and toast laid out for elijah's hungry stomach. he smiles dazedly, sleep still wearing off as he sits himself down and munches in small bites. his father strides past him, ruffling his hair before he heads out to work. only occasionally, is he called in on a saturday, but today was going to be that day. he goes through the apps of his phone while eating, humming to himself as he plans on what to do today. elijah turns the phone screen off just before taking the last bite of his breakfast, bringing his plate to the sink.

although his family splitting apart wasn't what elijah hoped to have happened, it was probably for the better. it's definitely less... suffocating, he supposed. his mother was always incessant on knowing where elijah was at all times. knowing everything about his friends, meeting his friends before he could go anywhere with just them. it was enough moving around all the time, losing the opportunities on getting to know people left and right, and mother made it more difficult with how... over the top she was about it all. it's nice here, nice to finally settle down for once.

elijah finishes rinsing his dish and steps away. after dressing into some casual, comfortable attire, he goes out the front door, not with much of a plan in mind, but he figures he might across something that catches his eye on the walk. he puts the hood of his jacket over his head, takes a deep whiff of the rain smell, and then begins his walk.
strawbs.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lewin - 1 Β§ Aspen - 2

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:32 am

Lewin James Patterson Β§ The Mocha Β§ Heterosexual Β§ Tagged: N/A
"Did you get there alright?" a female's voice inquired over the phone. Lewin nodded, as though his mother were standing right there with him, as a warm smile spread itself across his lips. "Yeah, I just got here, a few minutes ago," he responded, leaning on the granite countertop of the island that sat in the middle of a spacious, modren-style kitchen. His hazel - almost green, at the moment - eyes lit up as his gaze set itself on the windows leading out to the large deck. "Good, I'm glad," his mother, Leighanne, responded, relief evident in her tone, "I just wanted to check in and see how you were doing." "I'll be alright," he responded with a light chuckle; he knew she could be such a worrywart, sometimes, so she would naturally be concerned with him moving out of state. Then again, he supposed he couldn't blame her; the last time he moved, he was still living in the same city as his family, so it was certainly an adjustment for everyone for him to live so far away. "I know you will; but if you need anything, just give us a call," she responded with a small laugh, "I've got to go, though. I have an appointment, soon." "Thanks, mum," he responded, "Say hi to everyone for me." "I will," she responded, and with that, they said their goodbyes and hung up.
Lewin looked around the kitchen, tapping his index finger against the counter's cool, smooth surface, as he pondered what he would make for breakfast. Peering down at his phone, he checked the time: 8:02 AM. Maybe I'll go grab a coffee...I think I saw an interesting-looking little coffee shop on the way here, he thought to himself as he shrugged a bit. Coffee did sound pretty good, especially with some eggs benedict, which he could make when he got back home. That, paired with a nice book to read while listening to the rain's gentle pitter-patter against the windows and low rolling of thunder, sounded like a rather nice way to spend his first morning at his new home. So, with his plan for the morning in mind, he put his black coat on, grabbed an umbrella, and whistled for Red. The Irish Setter barked and wagged his tail as he bounded over to the brunette boy, who then clipped a Burberry leash to the enthusiastic dog's collar. With that, he and the dog headed out the front door and down the street. As he walked, he allowed a soft smile to spread across his lips; he was what one would refer to as a pluviophile, as the rainy, overcast weather reminded the British man of England. He heard that spring - and, at times, summer - were oftentimes quite rainy seasons in Thistlewood, so he was glad about that.

Aspen Harpae Paisley Β§ The Chai Latte Β§ Heterosexual Β§ Tagged: Pierre
Aspen had continued along her way, relishing in the smell of the rain. She had always dreamed of living somewhere where it rained more often. She loved everything about it; well...ok, maybe not quite everything. She didn't like the cold weather, since she got cold easily. But she at least liked everything else about it - she wouldn't even mind it if she got caught in the rain, especially if a warm beverage of sorts, and possibly a cozy blanket, were waiting for her at her destination - and, thus, the pros outweighed the cons, by far, for her.
Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted, however, when a familiar voice called her name. Her gaze followed the direction of the voice to see none other than Pierre now walking alongside her. "Oh, hey - good morning!" she greeted him with a bright smile. She had met him, recently, and was glad that she had; it was nice to know someone, now that she was moved out of her family's home, and on her own in a new town. In spite of his first impressions, there was a softer side to him that she was starting to see as she was getting to know him a bit more. A soft chuckle escaped her lips when she noticed the smirk that accompanied his question. "That, I am," she responded with a nod, her red curls delicately bouncing a bit, "Are you heading there, too, by chance?" She looked ahead of her, for a moment - and was glad she had. Had she not, in just mere seconds, she would've run straight into a lamppost, embarrassingly enough. As they passed by the large light, she returned her attention to the boy as she added, "I was actually going to get some breakfast, and ask about the festival that's coming up while I was there." Her eyes lit up as she mentioned the festival. She was so curious about it, and wanted to partake in it. Perhaps she'd get to know some people better, too; after all, a few good friends was always nice to have.
Last edited by Corgi Fox <3 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pet's name: Gianna
Pet's name: Fox
Pet's name: Ein

I'm Corgi Fox<3, but call me whatever you want to! ^-^ Feel free to send me a trade or PM, if you'd like! ^-^
K-Pop Β§ K-Dramas Β§ Webtoons Β§ Anime Β§ Manga Β§ Nintendo Β§ Chocoholic Β§ Dog Lover
2 Timothy 1:7 †
These Cuppy Puppies are so cute! <3
Pet's name: God's Promise <3
Credit to Cuppy Puppy Adopts ^-^
Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

─ tyler | 1 ── brooke | 1 ─

Postby ~ moth ~ » Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:24 am

xxxxβ€œ TYLER SKYE ”
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxxage: twenty one | gender: male | sexuality: bisexual | role: vanilla frappe
    xxxxlocation: tiny mug | mentions: none | tags: open

xxxxthe day started off as ordinary as ever. the soft beeping of an alarm sounded, rousing the young man from a short nights sleep. drowsiness fogged his mind as a hand lazily searched for his phone which was the source of his alarm. pinpointing the device he tapped the screen a few times until the beeping stopped. bundled warmly under several blankets in the dark room tyler didn't want to get out of bed. the soft sound of rain outside of the window paired with the warmth comfortableness of his bed made him wish he didn't have to go to work, especially so early in the day. the insomniac could only wish. pushing back the covers tyler propped himself up on his hands, softly sighing. stepping onto the cold hardwood floor tyler tiptoed to the bathroom, flicking the lights on. a gaze in the mirror showed the messy red hair that needed tamed. the man opted for a quick, hot shower. afterward he got dressed for the day. donning a pair of black ripped jeans, converse, his work shirt for the tiny mug, and a layered jacket with a fuzzy white inside and hood. once he was dressed for the day the young man grabbed his guitar case from his room went to the small kitchen of his apartment, leaning the case against the small island. to be honest he wasn't that hungry, especially in the mornings. however he knew he should probably eat something anyway, just so he wasn't working on an empty stomach. grabbing half of a cinnamon swirl bagel from the counter tyler gently placed it in his mouth for a moment. turning around he picked up the guitar case once again and started for the door. as he entered the hallways of the portent complex and closed the door behind him he bit into the bagel, removing the pastry from his mouth at last.

xxxxthe day was drab with a gray, cloudy sky, thunder in the distance, and rain falling to the earth. pulling his hood over his head to protect himself from the rain tyler also started the route he followed to work. with the town being quite small he didn't see the need for a car, so instead he walked everywhere. on days like this, however, he wished he had the protection of a vehicle to get him to where he needed to be. it was only a short distance to get to the tiny mug, five minutes at most. he could bear the cold rain for that long. soon the redhead had reached his place of work, having finished his half of a bagel as well. as he pushed the door open a small bell jingled, announcing his arrival to the cafe. the customers who were there didn't bother to look up, caught up in their own worlds. though, the barista behind the counter gave him a warm smile. wandering over to the small stage within the cafe tyler began to set up. placing his guitar case on the ground tyler unclasped the case, opening it up. the case was covered in stickers and pictures. there were polaroid pictures of him with his sisters, stickers from small business he liked to support, or of memes and pop culture he liked. the guitar itself was well used but loved. on the side three initials were carved. s.s. j.s. t.s. the first two were his sisters and the third his own, and there were roses painted over the instrument. his sister jessica had carved the initials while stella had painted the roses. tyler missed his sisters dearly. tyler had been the last one to move from their childhood home, and while his sisters had stuck close, allowing him to see them, it was tyler who had moved further away than intended. college was his reasoning for going so far. part of him regretted leaving as he missed his family so much, yet in the years he's been on his own he has grown and learned more than he would have if he stayed. he only wished he could see his sisters more often than just a few times a year for holidays and birthdays.

xxxxremoving the guitar from its case tyler tested the strings, tuning them to be correct. then positioned himself on a stool on the small stage. it was a wonder he even had the guts to perform. a small cafe like this used to terrify him to play at. over time he realized nobody really paid him any attention so playing bothered him less and less. he would get caught up in his won world anyway to really notice if anyone was watching or listening to him. after a few minutes of preparing tyler finally started to strum the strings, softly singing cafe-esque tunes.

xxxxβ€œ BROOKE SIERRA SMITH ”
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    xxxxage: twenty two | gender: female | sexuality: pansexual | role: pumpkin spice latte
    xxxxlocation: brooke's botanical garden | mentions: none | tags: open

xxxxslow. that was the word to describe the morning so far. slow, so incredibly slow. it all started off with her usual wake up call to hungry animals screaming at her. a cat in her face, meowing for breakfast at six in the morning. the birds all squawking in unison to pair as background singers for the cat. nothing could stop them, nothing but breakfast. raising her head she sleepily smiled at the cat. like a crazy person she didn't even care about the noise. to her the synchronized animal screaming was a perfect wake up call, though, she did have an actual alarm set just in case the animals were late in waking her up. brooke was a morning person after all. waking up before the sun didn't bother her one bit. rolling out of bed brooke stepped across the floor, striding from her bedroom and to the kitchen. her morning routine all started with feeding the animals. first was to feed the cat, a fancy white persian named fluffenstein. the cat had followed her from the bedroom. with a leap from the ground he stood on the countertops, meowing now and again as brooke grabbed his food bowl, opened a can of cat food, and spooned the foul smelling food into the bowl. replacing the bowl fluffenstein jumped to the floor once more and happily ate his food. then, from the cabinets brooke grabbed the bird seed, a few different kinds as she also fed the outdoor birds. making her way back into her bedroom brooke opened the huge cage that was pressed against the side wall. she filled the food bowl with fresh seed, leaving the cage door open so the birds could explore the house freely. in the windowsills brooke filled the bird feeders as well for the wild animals to enjoy. after feeding all of the animals brooke herself began to get ready. rummaging through her closet and draws brooke finds a pair of high-waisted shorts to wear, her work shirt that she tucked into her shorts, water-proof boots, a denim jackets with patches sewn all over it, and an umbrella. she would need that umbrella, it was rainy today after all! back in her kitchen brook grabbed breakfast to go, that being waffles she cooked in the toaster and a banana.

xxxxstepping outside brooke breathed in the air, heavy with the smell of rain. any sort of weather brooke enjoyed, so this rainy weather didn't bother her much. opening the umbrella brooke started for her place of work, a small flower shop that she owned in the middle of town. the walk wasn't far at all, only a few minutes. on her way there brooke took in her surroundings, feeling at peace as she passed by people and shops. she loved the little town she lived in. it was a quaint place with a nice aesthetic. small shops, cafe's, family owned businesses. everything about it was perfect to brooke. the cities were too much for her. far too noisy, stinky, and crowded. small towns held an air of community and friendliness to them. soon brooke had found her way to her shop. it was small brick building placed on a corner street. with a bright rainbow door, and an even more colorful interior, brooke loved her shop. ever since she was young it had been her dream to own her own business. to hav finally achieved that dream some time ago brooke was simply overjoyed. she did everything in her ability to keep the place afloat, clean and tidy, and welcoming to everyone that passed by. opening the front door and placing an open sign on both the door and in the front window display, brooke readied herself for work. putting her hair up in a ponytail and donning an apron brooke went about the store readying things for customers. she straightened shelves and displays, watered the plants, made sure everything was clean. yet, it was slow. this came to no surprise to brooke. with the weather being cold and rainy she had expected business to be slow. not many people would be out and about in this weather. it was a day to stay in and cuddle, watch movies or sleep. still, brooke went about the store, waiting for anyone to come inside.
~ moth ~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: I Love You A Latte (Remake) Β§ Closed, Started!

Postby Cemetery-Mutt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:25 am

Β§ William Larrson Β§
Β§ The Camomile Tea Β§ Tag: n/a

Will left his flat after pulling on his raincoat, his tiny tote back underneath and wrapped up inside is sweater. He wanted to avoid getting any of his notebooks wet at all cost, even if itmade him look like an idiot. Not that it mattered,he didn't know anyone here. Not a single face.

He walked down the street, carefully avoiding the deeper puddles and walking through the ones that lay there, coating the grey pavement with a glossy grey tint. His shoes were already so wet that a little more water wasn't too much of a bother.

As he neared the tiny little coffee shop he ordered up, into the rain as it got him in the face, dribbling down into his sweater. looked up at the name. The Tiny Mug. How cute! He thought, opening up the door and stepping in.

He brushed last a woman making her way out with a quiet apology and looked around. The cozy looking french interior made him smile. It just seemed so- inviting and it seemed pretty quiet for an early morning coffee run, definitely a good first impression.
King of the Hill
Hound/Smudge . They/He . Trades Always Welcome :)
Adult player . Psychology Student . AroAce
Metalhead . Post-apocalyptic lover . Snake Father
Cemetery-Mutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby rheia » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:23 pm

ohxxxx seon ❞

( 23 ) xx ( bisexual ) xx ( location; home -> tiny mug) xx ( he/him )

Seon was never much of an early riser , much preferring to enjoy his time well into the early hours of the morning and wake up well past noon. Since moving to Thistlewood almost two weeks ago, however, he’d found himself waking up earlier and earlier in the day. Cursing and groaning, he fumbled for his cellphone which he stowed away under his pillow at night. 7AM. He groaned again. It had been a long time since the man had woken up at this hour, and even longer still since the last time it had happened on a Saturday. Well, it’d be a shame to waste a good day, he thought. After all, it had been nearly a fortnight and he was yet to do any real exploring off the town.

As if on cue, his stomach gave an indignant roar of hunger, forcing the man to finally get up. Heaving a great sigh, Seon began the arduous task of untangling himself from the mess of covers. Once free, he rolled his neck until he heard a satisfying crunch before moving to search through his closet. So far, his closet was the one unpacked sanctuary in his new apartment – every room was a mess of bags and boxes filled with stuff that he just hadn’t gotten around to finding a place for. It was an in-built closet with ceiling to floor mirrored doors, one of the selling features of the apartment for him. Something about sliding wardrobe doors had just always appealed to the man.

Humming to himself, Seon picked out a white button-down shirt, and black, slim fitting cargo style pants. Over the white shirt, he pulled a black t-shirt with a simple white rose printed on the front. Slim fingers ran through his hair to neaten it as it fell down his forehead. Satisfied, he exited his room and loped down the hall of the cosy apartment, heading straight for the door, deciding that he would explore and find somewhere to eat in town. As soon as the door swung open, the man stopped in his tracks upon seeing the weather, doubling back to his room for a black raincoat before leaving the apartment.

Hood pulled up, Seon listened to the pattering of rain against the thick material. His steps were light and hurried as he walked, water splashing up from the tarmac underneath his feet. the streets were quiet. His rainy walk didn’t last very long as he noticed a cafΓ© that’s sign read β€˜The Tiny Mug’. As he passed, he realised that he was hungrier than he’d thought and so stopped in his tracks on the pavement and doubled back. As he entered the cafΓ©, Seon pulled down his hood and breathed in the scent of fresh coffee.

The cafΓ© had a quaint French interior and an atmosphere that seemed to pull him in easily. He was big lover of coffee so hovered for a moment to consider his order before approaching the counter.
rheia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lewin - 2 Β§ Aspen - 2

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:16 pm

Lewin James Patterson Β§ The Mocha Β§ Heterosexual Β§ Tagged: Brooke
As Lewin walked, he started glancing around town. Perhaps, he thought, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to look around town. Though he still hadn't had breakfast, so he first decided to do that. With that in mind, the brunette ran a hand through his hair, and continued on his way to the small cafe that he thought he had seen; sure enough, he found it - The Tiny Mug - nestled comfortably between a couple other businesses in the area. This would be a good time to observe the other food franchises in the area, too, of course. After all, he had remained pretty anonymous about who he was, and certainly did not want to change that, if at all possible. That required quite a lot of looking into who his connections would be here, as to not hear anyone spreading it about town. The last thing he wanted was for anyone to try to go after him for his money, and so he was very cautious about who he befriended as a result.
He observed the exterior of the business as he tied Red's leash to the wrought iron fence outside of the little cafe, underneath the mocha brown and white striped canopy that hung above the door and front window of the building. This earned him a whine from the energetic pup, to which he chuckled lightly and responded, "I'll only be a minute." He'd have to buy a little treat for the dog, as he had heard that they sell pet treats, as well. Returning his attention to the coffee shop as he petted the dog's head, he made a mental note of it. He didn't want his restaurant to copy anyone else's style, and while he wanted his own business to be successful, he also didn't want to possibly put anyone else out of business. Healthy competition was a good thing, anyway. With that, he nodded softly, then headed inside.
As he waited in line, ordered his white chocolate mocha latte and some treats for Red, then waited for his beverage to be made, he made mental notes of his surroundings. It was a French style coffee shop, and was quite cozy. In truth, he liked it, and could see himself visiting often. After he got his order and paid for it, he thanked the barista, and headed back outside. The service seemed to be good, too. He gave Red one of the treats - which the dog happily accepted - and then untied the leash, and the two headed back to their new home.
After Lewin had finished cooking and eating his breakfast, he headed back outside - this time, without Red. He figured that not every business would either have a place where the dog could wait outside, or would allow him inside, so he decided to wait until he knew the town a bit better to take the Irish Setter out on a walk. Especially since he was planning on exploring a bit. Some shops were closed for the weekend, he observed, but others were bustling with people. One of the shops that really stood out to him, however, was a flower shop with a rather colorful door, named Brooke's Botanical Garden. Though he wasn't oftentimes finding himself in flower shops, he was curious, and decided to take a look inside. After all, his sisters loved flowers, so perhaps he could see if he could find some for them. With that, he entered the building, the aroma of flowers immediately greeting him inside. He noticed a girl wearing an apron - from the looks of it, she was an employee, perhaps - and offered a friendly smile as he headed over to the flowers. She looked a bit busy with her work, so he didn't want to disturb her. He figured he could talk to her when she got a free moment, so he decided to take a look at some flowers in the meantime.

Aspen had continued along her way, relishing in the smell of the rain. She had always dreamed of living somewhere where it rained more often. She loved everything about it; well...ok, maybe not quite everything. She didn't like the cold weather, since she got cold easily. But she at least liked everything else about it - she wouldn't even mind it if she got caught in the rain, especially if a warm beverage of sorts, and possibly a cozy blanket, were waiting for her at her destination - and, thus, the pros outweighed the cons, by far, for her.
Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted, however, when a familiar voice called her name. Her gaze followed the direction of the voice to see none other than Pierre now walking alongside her. "Oh, hey - good morning!" she greeted him with a bright smile. She had met him, recently, and was glad that she had; it was nice to know someone, now that she was moved out of her family's home, and on her own in a new town. In spite of his first impressions, there was a softer side to him that she was starting to see as she was getting to know him a bit more. A soft chuckle escaped her lips when she noticed the smirk that accompanied his question. "That, I am," she responded with a nod, her red curls delicately bouncing a bit, "Are you heading there, too, by chance?" She looked ahead of her, for a moment - and was glad she had. Had she not, in just mere seconds, she would've run straight into a lamppost, embarrassingly enough. As they passed by the large light, she returned her attention to the boy as she added, "I was actually going to get some breakfast, and ask about the festival that's coming up while I was there." Her eyes lit up as she mentioned the festival. She was so curious about it, and wanted to partake in it. Perhaps she'd get to know some more people better, too; after all, a few good friends was always nice to have.

I'm Corgi Fox<3, but call me whatever you want to! ^-^ Feel free to send me a trade or PM, if you'd like! ^-^
K-Pop Β§ K-Dramas Β§ Webtoons Β§ Anime Β§ Manga Β§ Nintendo Β§ Chocoholic Β§ Dog Lover
Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:00 pm

β₯ romi kim / 22 / green tea
tags: seon

"ill be back soon mom, just going for a walk," the mousy haired girl called as she shut the door behind her. romi wore a cable knit sweater in the color chocolate with some plain jeans- not her usual attire what with the jeans, but it was raining, so she didnt want to risk dipping one of her skirts into a puddle.
romi began down the driveway and onto the street. they were quiet this time of day, at least, before you got into the little town, so it was okay to walk on them for now. she carried a book in her arms- well it was actually a journal, but it definitely looked more like an old book. romi had inherited it from her grandmother when she passed just a year ago from cancer.
tucking a strand of hair back behind her ear, she switched swiftly to the sidewalk as a car drove past her. she was in town now, and there were people all around in the light drizzle. but what called to her most was the tiny mug, a small coffee shoppe on the corner of the street across from a little flower market romi frequented.
so romi headed that way, saying her small 'excuse me's as she did. finally, she entered the shoppe, the aroma of warm and fresh coffee beans instantly hitting her. she was there for the hot cocoa, however, as coffee wasnt really her thing, though she did love the smell. smiling at the ceiling, romi walked forward into the shoppe til she couldnt walk anymore, namely because she had bumped into a man a few inches taller than her standing near the entrance.
"oh! ah, gosh, im so sorry!" romi exclaimed softly, sprawling out her fingers with wide eyes as she stared at the stranger. she was frozen in place, suddenly not so calm and collected.
Last edited by onion on Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cemetery-Mutt » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Β§ William Larrson Β§
Β§ The Camomile Tea Β§ Tag: n/a Β§ Location: The Tiny Mug

Quietly, he made his way over to one of the free tables by the window, it was a small one with two chairs, opposite each other. Perfect for a quiet conversation or some good old gossip if that was your cup of tea.

He placed his bag down and pulled off his coat, very self conscious of how the rain fell out of his hair and dropped onto the floor and the table he was sitting at. He hung his coat up on the back of the chair and looked out the window at the grey shadows of people walking past, the music drifting in and out of his head. Filling him with an odd but not uncomfortable feeling.

He would get a drink eventually, but right not the counter seemed a bit too full and right now he didn't want to risk getting anyone wet. He didn't want to accidentally bump into someone and he also needed a good look at the menu.

He always choose to look and think over every option, knowing full well he'd ask for the same drink he had everywhere. Either a white coffee with two sugars or a Camomile tea with a small drizzle of honey. His coffee? It was the only correct way to have it!

Smiling to himself, he remembered a conversation of the past and quickly opened his notebook and began to write down his memory. His handwriting oftentimes was chicken scratch, as if the feathered bird had gotten hold of a bed and was trying to write a novel- he didn't mind that. It stopped people from trying to read into him and his work
King of the Hill
Hound/Smudge . They/He . Trades Always Welcome :)
Adult player . Psychology Student . AroAce
Metalhead . Post-apocalyptic lover . Snake Father
Cemetery-Mutt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby senna_ » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:36 am

β–Έ 𝐖𝐄𝐒 π‘πŽπ†π„π‘π’
[ male ]..[ 22 years ]..[ heterosexual ]..[ the "honey oat latte" ]..[ location: Starbucks]..[ mentions: ]..[ tags: OPEN]..
──────────────────────────────────────

The blaring of his alarm clock was something Wes never found he could get used to. Its horrendous screeching was enough to awake the whole town, and it truly sounded like something was in desperate trouble. Groaning under his breath, he rolled onto his side and blindly swiped at the clock until the sound vanished mid-air. Assuming he'd shut it off and it didn't just snooze, he tossed himself back onto his back, closed eyes facing the off-white ceiling, and rested the palms of his hands over his eyelids to block out as much light as possible.

As per usual, though, sleep refused to take control of his mind again. And to add to his disappointment, within moments, his alarm clock was crying again.

Giving up, Wes yanked himself out of his comfortable bed and properly shut off his clock, letting a yawn escape his jaws. He dragged himself over to his closed curtain and pulled it back, flinching ever-so-slightly out of habit as he waited for the atrocious amount of sunlight that impatiently waits behind the grey fabric to burst into his room. It never did. Usually, Wes liked a good bit of cheery light to start off his day, but he'd stayed up far too late studying and now he was to head to work, so he was thankful for the lack of it. He was originally supposed to work a fairly long shift but one of the older employees had requested to work extra hours due to something that had to do with the personal economical situation. Wes hadn't questioned. He'd been promoted manager recently due to his hard-working mindset, and although he really did love his job, a break here and there was nice. Between Starbucks and schoolwork, Wes basically lost all of his social life. He was ready to grab that back, especially with the school break, which was right around the corner.

He slipped into some darker cream pants and a stone-grey t-shirt, then grabbed hold of a larger jacket that was a similar shade to ginger, in case it was slightly chilly out. If he was actually working, Wes would have left it, for fitting their aprons over top of a jacket was pretty awkward to manage, but he was only opening. He quickly washed up, slipped on his jacket, then headed downstairs. He used to have a roommate when he first started college, but they hadn't ever managed to click. The guy also didn't go into teaching, so when Wes declared his move to Thistlewood, his roommate lacked the enthusiasm Wes wished to receive. Now, he lived on his own in a small but cozy apartment. It was lonely, yes, but doable. He couldn't wait until he could start teaching, where he could surround himself with eager, lively students. Not many found it suiting, it was true, but Wes couldn't be more excited.

Grabbing an apple, Wes departed his small living area and started up down the sidewalk. The sound of the gently-roaring vehicle motors was comforting to him; he'd always enjoyed the ways of a city, even despite the fact that this one wasn't very busy. It was enough to lighten his mood, even despite the dreary weather. He slipped his hood on, ducking a corner to reach the back entrance of the Starbucks. Nobody was there yet, unsurprisingly, so Wes put his earbuds in, unlocked the front entrance door, then began to set up for the day.

~

⟑ 𝐏𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐃𝐑𝐀 πˆπ‘π€πŠπ‹πˆπƒπˆπ’

[ female ]..[ 20 years ]..[ bisexual ]..[ the "strawberry lemonade" ]..[ location: Brooke's Botanical Garden]..[ mentions: Lewin, Brooke]..[ tags: OPEN]..
────────────────────────────────────────

Usually, Phaedra awoke to the beaming sunshine that surged throughout the premises of her room, but today, that didn't happen. When she let her deep green eyes open and take in the visuals around her, she was disappointed to note that it was rather gloomy outside. Her cute, LED message box was beaming at her, the phrase ΞšΞ†ΞΞ•Ξ™Ξ£ ΀Η ΖΩΉ ΜΟΞ₯ Ξ Ξ™ΞŸ ΞŒΞœΞŸΞ‘Ξ¦Ξ— shining radiantly in comparison to the sad-looking weather. Phae hadn't ever directed that phrase to anyone, for she was certain she hadn't ever even fallen in love with anyone, but it was pretty, so she kept it. She'd change it eventually, though, but positive love comments seemed to lift her spirits on a day like today.

Sighing quietly, she pulled herself away from her warm sheets, carefully making her bed. She hated seeing creases, or an awkwardly-placed throw on the wrong spot, even though Abo always leaped up onto the mattress and made a mess within minutes of her leaving the room. As long as she didn't witness it first hand, things were alright. That was a slight step away from her nagging perfectionism.

She stepped away from her bed and shifted closer to her desk chair, where she had set out today's outfit last night before bed. It seemed suiting for the weather- a charcoal grey long-sleeve and a gently-set cheetah patterned skirt that drifted right around her knees. From afar, the design didn't even look like cheetah-print, but a sandy-coloured skirt with darker brown spots smaller than the size of a pebble. It wasn't anything hideous; Phaedra had unfortunately seen one too many cheetah-printed whatever that looked absolutely wretched. She'd gotten pretty good at ignoring what other people thought of her and her outfit, anyway. That was another thing that had taken an awful long time, but she was coming around.

She dressed silently, twirling her fingers around the natural waves of her hair before tossing it up into a mid-to-high-sized ponytail. She brushed her lashes with some water-proof mascara (better safe than sorry!), then headed towards the kitchen, where her papa sat at the kitchen table, forcefully gripping the latest paper.

"Good morning, papa," Phaedra greeted, swooping down to give her father's kiss a cheek. He barely even glanced at her, but his occupied grunt was enough for her to know he was acknowledging her presence. "Papa, I'm going to head into town today."

"What for?" came the gruff response.

"Well," she started slowly, averting her gaze away from him as she started up towards the hooks on the wall that carried their bags and other small belongings, "I would like to look for a job. We have been here for about two weeks now, and I would like something to help me out for school."

"λουλούδι ΞΌΞΏΟ…, you do not need a job. I can support you."

"Papa," Phaedra said yet again, forcing her tone to remain quiet, calm. "I know you can. But I would like to get myself out there, make some friends. You are always telling me to make friends!" He did not protest at that, and she grinned, knowing very well he'd given in. "Thank you. I will be back shortly."

"Take an umbrella!" was what came next, but Phaedra was way ahead of him. Swinging her cream bag over her shoulder, she exited the house, then took out her clear umbrella, and started up down the sidewalk. The roads weren't very wet, thankfully, and she knew it was little more than a drizzle. Still, precipitation was precipitation.

She took a sharp left, knowing exactly where she was heading first. Brooke's Botanical Garden. She adored the shop ever since she had first stepped foot in it. The strong perfume of the flowers, the crisp air, and sweet atmosphere, it was right up Phae's alley. Of course, she hadn't a clue if they were even hiring, but it was worth a shot. So she pushed open the door, shaking her umbrella outside before shutting it, and entered the building. Immediately, the sweet scent of flower overpowered her other senses. She made note of a browser nearby, a male, whose back was to her, then continued walking, on high alert for Brooke, the owner of the store.
'senna_x.xshe/herx'.x'est'x.x'adultx'.x'soc student
─────────────────────────────
hey all, i'm senna! i'm a young adult,full-time university
student, and a writer with a spontaneous muse :') i'm
most likely to be caught napping, thinking about plots
i'll probably never write, or hyper fixating on the late
st paranormal podcast <3

─────────────────────────────
'hufflepuff'.''leo''.''cat mom'.''researcher'.''my misfits
senna_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lewin - 3 Β§ Aspen - 2

Postby Corgi Fox <3 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:28 pm

Lewin James Patterson Β§ The Mocha Β§ Heterosexual Β§ Tagged: Phaedra
Lewin scanned the vast array of colorful flowers that sat before him, each one brilliantly bringing out its own unique beauty...as one if his sisters, Autumn, put it, "Each different flower has its own personality that it's proud to flaunt to the world." Was it a corny saying? Somewhat, sure; but that was a part of the girl's charm, he supposed. She was one of those that was too innocent for her own good, to the point that she hardly even realized how much trouble she had gotten herself into, at times. Still, he didn't mind that; it was better than her intentionally causing a bunch of trouble and hurting herself, he supposed. At the thought of his two sisters, he let a soft chuckle escape his barely parted lips; it was difficult being so far away from his family. He knew he'd eventually adjust, but he still missed them, regardless. He allowed his thoughts to be interrupted, however, in order to keep from spacing out. Not that he typically had a problem with that, but he didn't want that to start, now. He then went back to scanning over the different types of floral arragements, and could even recognize several different types of flowers - again, thanks to his sisters being so interested in them.
Hm...what to get...he thought to himself, his brow slightly furrowed as his pointer instinctively placed itself over his lips - a habit he had developed, over the years, whenever he was in deep thought. He knew that Rosabelle had mentioned that she liked daffodils and geraniums, whilst Autumn liked hyacinths, lavender, and pansies. Soon after this thought had crossed his mind, he heard the front door of the shop swing open and closed, the sound of another individual's footsteps following immediately afterward. He hadn't given that much thought, however - he presumed it was another customer, or an employee just simply arriving for their shift - and continued going about his own business.
As he gave it more thought, he wondered if he could actually get some flowers all the way to the state his family lived in - in good condition, that is. All things considered, this looked like a small shop, not a big corporation, so he wasn't sure that they'd even deliver them to his family. He supposed he could ask the owner, perhaps, but decided to check out the flower seeds, instead. After all, his sisters - and mother, for that matter - would likely enjoy growing them in their garden, anyhow. With that, he started heading in the direction of the seed section - that is, until he accidentally bumped right into the individual who had just entered the store. Immediately, he took a step back - as to respectfully give the girl some space - and said in an apologetic tone, "Oops, sorry. I guesd I didn't see you there." A slightly sheepish expression crossed over the British boy's face as he spoke. Well, my mind's clearly all over the place, today, he thought. Although, it wasn't too surprising, he supposed, considering his current set of circumstances.

Her thoughts were suddenly interrupted, however, when a familiar voice called her name. Her gaze followed the direction of the voice to see none other than Pierre now walking alongside her. "Oh, hey - good morning!" she greeted him with a bright smile. She had met him, recently, and was glad that she had; it was nice to know someone, now that she was moved out of her family's home, and on her own in a new town. In spite of his first impressions, there was a softer side to him that she was starting to see as she was getting to know him a bit more. A soft chuckle escaped her lips when she noticed the smirk that accompanied his question. "That, I am," she responded with a nod, her red curls delicately bouncing a bit, "Are you heading there, too, by chance?" She looked ahead of her, for a moment - and was glad she had. Had she not, in just mere seconds, she would've run straight into a lamppost, embarrassingly enough. As they passed by the large light, she returned her attention to the boy as she added, "I was actually going to get some breakfast, and ask about the festival that's coming up while I was there." Her eyes lit up as she mentioned the festival. She was so curious about it, and wanted to partake in it. Perhaps she'd get to know some more people better, too; after all, a few good friends was always nice to have.

Corgi Fox <3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me