hunger of the pines [open + accepting!]

Regular people with regular abilities in the 'real world'. All content must be child-friendly.
Forum rules
Remember, all content must remain child-friendly at all times!
Users breaking this rule by using foul language, roleplaying explicit sexual scenes, excessive violence/torture, non-consensual 'romance', or other adult themes may be banned.

is cereal soup?

yes
45%
no
55%

Total votes : 29

hunger of the pines [open + accepting!]

Postby pereyra » Tue Dec 22, 2020 12:17 pm

Last edited by pereyra on Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [plot]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:12 pm

life is quiet in the small town of crossroads, washington- at least, it was up until about two months ago.

on the first of january, a young woman named serena viteri vanished from her family's home in the middle
    of the night- as well as the memory of her. despite crossroads being such a close-knit community, it
    seemed as though nobody recognized the name serena viteri- and all evidence of her existence vanished
    overnight with her. with no photos or personal possessions to put to her, it's as if serena never existed to
    anyone- not even to her own family could remember her. but you could.

a week and a half later, it happened again, when local librarian siv escamilla told their coworkers they
    would be staying late at work only to never show up again. like serena, there wasn't a single trace of siv
    left, and it seemed as though nobody else could recall them. when you decided to investigate the small
    house siv rented, it was completely vacant. the layer of dust on the window sill made it look as though
    nobody had lived there in years.

and then it happened again.

and again.

and again.

and each time, nobody you talked to could remember those who had disappeared.

two months and seven disappearances later, though, you started to notice fliers around town, all of
    which very simply read;

DO THESE NAMES SOUND FAMILIAR?

XXXXXX- SERENA VITERI
              XXXXXX- SIV ESCAMILLA
              XXXXXX- JENNY WELCH
              XXXXXX- ACA O'CONNELL
              XXXXXX- DOUGLAS BOVE
              XXXXXX- LAURITS KRANZ
              XXXXXX- YETUNDE MARTINEZ

MEET AT THE OLD DRIVE-IN
              MARCH 17, 2021
              11:00PM

at first, you ignored the fliers. and then you started seeing more and more of them, some walls and utility
    poles covered so heavily in them that you can't recognize the structure underneath anymore. every time
    you asked about them, though, nobody seemed to know what you were talking about.

call it curiosity, call it stupidity, but the night of march seventeenth, you find yourself pulling on a light
    jacket and making your way towards the grand avenue cinema, a drive-in theater that was abandoned at
    the edge of town well before you were even born. as you climb the rusty fence, still chained together in
    hopes of keeping out trespassers, you notice two things- a bonfire lit in the center of the parking lot, and
    several other people standing around it.

relief comes over you in waves- for the first time in two months, you have visible confirmation that you
    aren't alone. you aren't losing your mind. you aren't the only person who remembers those who have
    vanished.

for a moment, it seems like you might start to get some answers, too.

and then members of the group start disappearing.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [how it works]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:26 pm

in this roleplay, you will be playing as a resident of a small town in washington called crossroads.
    crossroads is a tight-knit community of about 15,000 people located in the middle of a forest.

in two and a half months the town has had seven people vanish. when those people have vanished, almost
    everybody else in town has forgotten about them- aside from your character/s and the character/s of the
    other roleplayers.

your job is to figure out why those people have vanished, where they've vanished to, and what the reason
    for their disappearances is, why nobody can remember them, and why you can. there is evidence scattered
    around the town. if your character gets close enough to find some of that evidence, i will privately message
    you what it is- but it's up to you and the other roleplayers to figure out what it means.

here's the catch, though; while everyone is working towards solving the mystery, every time there is a
    time skip that involves everyone in the roleplay (and there will be quite a few), a character will vanish.
    the characters that do vanish will be chosen via random generator, and i will message the person playing
    them privately to let them know.

if your character vanishes, you are no longer able to post as that character- which is why i strongly
    recommend having at least two characters. if all of your characters vanish, you are welcome to make a
    new one. if you do not want to, you are still more than welcome to participate in the discussion and
    discord and try to help solve the mystery, but you're not required to.

hopefully all of this makes sense. if you have questions, feel free to message them to me!
    if this roleplay goes well, i would absolutely love to run more roleplays in a somewhat similar fashion in
    the future, so please feel free to message feedback, ideas and suggestions as well!
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [rules]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:02 pm

general ─ follow all site rules. there is no word count here, just avoid one-liners and give others
    something to work off of. keep all discussion on the discussion thread or in the discord. do not post on
    this thread until the roleplay has started. this does take place in the near future but we're going to
    pretend things like covid never happened. yeah? yeah.

activity ─ because this roleplay will require a lot of communication and collaboration, please make an
    effort to post at least a couple times a week. we all get busy, real life happens, all i ask is that you
    communicate any absences with me. if you go two weeks without posting, you will be removed from the
    roleplay and your character will be considered vanished.

reservations ─ because there are unlimited spots here, there are no reservations. if you still feel the
    need to make one, please post it on the discussion thread. do not message me asking to reserve a spot.
    my inbox is already a nightmare and it's completely unnecessary.

characters ─ i strongly recommend that you start out with at least two characters. all characters are at
    equal risk of disappearing, there are no exceptions. 'even genders' is a concept that does not exist. all
    races, religions, gender identities, orientations, body types, disabilities, etc are more than welcome and
    very much so wanted here. please have diverse characters, and please give your characters their own
    motivations, dreams, goals, etc. that's what makes characters interesting. on the note of characters,
    please do not use "masculine" or "feminine" as genders. please do not write your character's gender out
    as "obviously female, duh!" or "100% male, clearly" or anything similar. lastly, all characters must be 21
    years of age or older,
    sorry for any inconvenience!

faceclaims ─ faceclaims must be realistic. if too many kpop faceclaims are used, i will stop accepting
    them. if you have a problem with this, i'm happy to discuss it privately.

other ─ drama is very much wanted here, so long as it's kept in character. please run major things, such
    as character deaths, by me beforehand. this is not a romance based roleplay, but romance is welcome
    here so long as it doesn't take over the story. if i tag a roleplay post as 'important', please read it. it's
    probably important.

discord ─ discord will be mandatory for this roleplay. please remember to follow all cs rules in the server,
    which can be found here.
Last edited by pereyra on Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [disappearances]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:24 pm

-- these will be listed in order, but because we're being very fluid with time here, no exact dates will be
    -- given. just know the original seven happened in a two and half month time span. as player characters
    -- vanish, they will be added.

serena viteri | twenty-one | she/her | student
    disappeared from her home in the middle of the night
    no further information known

siv escamilla | thirty | they/them | librarian
    last seen staying late for their job
    their house now appears to have been abandoned for years

jenny welch | nineteen | she/her | babysitter
    disappeared while at an overnight babysitting job
    the two children were unharmed but couldn't remember ever having a babysitter
    youngest person to vanish so far

aca o'connell | twenty-five | she/her | housewife
    vanished while home alone, waiting for her wife to come back from work
    only person to disappear during the day so far

douglas bove | sixty-six | he/him | retired veteran
    not much is known, just that he stopped showing up for coffee at the blue moon diner every morning
    oldest person to vanish so far

laurits kranz | twenty-eight | he/him | professional golfer
    disappeared overnight at a motel while passing through on his way to a golf tournament
    was briefly a local celebrity in the two days he was in crossroads
    all mention of him on social media has since disappeared

yetunde martinez | twenty-four | they/them | nurse
    last seen walking home from their shift at the hospital in the middle of the night
    the hospital now has no record of someone named yetunde working there
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [locations]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 10:47 pm

-- note; as the roleplay goes on, more places can be added. when creating characters, feel free to have
    -- them work at any of these places, or to make up entirely new places, which will be added to the list.

grand avenue cinema
    a drive-in theater abandoned some time in the 1950s, or so it seems. the roof of the concession stand has
    caved in on itself and the concrete structure that once held the projector screen is starting to crumble.
    because it is located right at the edge of town near the woods, it makes a good meeting spot if you're
    trying to not get caught.

union cemetery
    located deeper into the woods, this is a small, decrepit graveyard with headstones dating back to the
    mid 1800s. one local legend says that if you turn off all your lights in the cemetery at night, you can see
    eyes watching you from the surrounding trees.

crossroads public library
    a surprisingly large library for such a small town- also a very old building but well kept enough to be a
    local historical landmark. also the last known whereabouts of siv escamilla.

blue moon diner
    originally opened in the late sixties, blue moon diner has traded owners so many times it's impossible to
    keep track of who owns it and when. however, it's remained a popular hangout spot for a lot of locals.

marsh-hogan general hospital
    a small hospital, not well equipped for emergencies on a large scale but really the only thing crossroads
    has to offer in lieu of medical care.

bogbeast lake
    located just southeast of town, bogbeast lake is a lake so small it might as well be a pond. the murky
    water makes it not really good for swimming, though. or fishing. or boating. or anything, really.

bogbeast motel
    named after the lake, this motel has been in business since 1978 and has not replaced their shag carpets
    since. it's not the most modern place, but it's the only motel in crossroads. always has vacancy, never has
    wifi.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [characters]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:11 pm

-- there is an unlimited number of characters here. characters crossed out have vanished.

astrid cohen | she/her or they/them | twenty-two | librarian | ryun
    brys moore | he/him | fifty-one | owns a fishing/camping gear store | ryun
    charles jenkins | he/him | thirty-four | owns iron and oak carpentry shop | nash
    dominique davis | she/her | twenty-three | works at blue moon diner | deco.
    genevieve prince | she/her | twenty-seven | anthropologist | noia
    jackson blumenfeld | he/him | twenty-eight | assistant professor | brookhiser
    jerran fontaine-reis | he/him | twenty-six | radio host | pereyra
    robert hall | he/him | thirty-three | owns the rustic sparrow | deco.
    seattle washington | he/him | twenty-five | kindergarten teacher | pereyra
    silas svetz | he/him | twenty-three | server | noia
    tulio torres | she/her | twenty-eight | music producer | pereyra
    name | pronouns | age | occupation | user
Last edited by pereyra on Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pereyra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

hunger of the pines [res]

Postby pereyra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:11 pm

xxx
pereyra