Problem with the trading center? I didn't get the pet.

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Problem with the trading center? I didn't get the pet.

Postby SolMiMi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 pm

( Okay before anything else, I'd just like to say the person who I traded with so kindly gave me back my pet, so thank you to that person, you know who you are. )

Okay so I wanted to trade newborn-for-newborn with someone who was offering their pets for trade. I went to the trading center to offer trade, and offered trade on two of her newborns for some of my dogs. She cancelled it afterwards. That was fine with me. I just went back and started a trade with her again, to make a different offer, because I really liked the pet that she had.

I clicked on 'Browse for more pets' on her side of the trade, and instantly popped out the window where I could choose her pets. I chose the pet I wanted, and it appeared on the 'You want this' window. Then I clicked my 'Browse' button and clicked the newborn I wanted to trade her. It appeared on my 'You will trade this' window. Then I pressed send.

When the user accepted, it was weird because I checked my pets and did not see her pet among mine. However, my dog that I had offered to her was already hers. I found this weird because I clearly remembered seeing both pets on the trading window, and when I went to view the trade, it appeared as though I had only offered my dog, and didn't choose any from hers.

Any light to shed on the matter would be greatly appreciated :c
dead account.. :3 hello RL...
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Problem with the trading center? I didn't get the pet.

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:45 pm

It looks like there was a small hole in the trading system. If you added a pet to the trade, and before you sent the trade, the pet was deleted or sent to another user, the trade would still send, but the pet would be silently removed from your trade. I've closed the hole now so you get an error message if this happens instead of silently changing your trade! I don't know if this is what happened to you, but it is possible.

Just in case this was a browser-related issue, which Internet browser do you use? And which version is it? (you can go Help->About to find your browser version).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolMiMi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks so much for replying Nick! Sorry to bother you with this >.>

The pet has not been deleted or traded off, it's still with its original owner right now. My browser is Safari 3.2.1, although it was only earlier I experienced the error.

EDIT: Oops, yes, the pet had been traded off. However it had still appeared on the browse pets window. :S

I was wondering if it had been something with the Flash, or cache? Or something >.> hehe sorry I'm not quite sure which. Anyway because the previous trade I did, the first time I opened the 'browse pets' window, it had loaded slowly so as to load the pets. The second time I wanted to trade, I opened the 'browse pets' window and it loaded almost instantly. I was wondering maybe it was a memory thing of the browser?
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:11 pm

It seems like you were hit with that bug (it's good to get something fixed in the trading system!). One of two things could have happened:

- You clicked browse and the pet pictures loaded, after that the pet you wanted was traded away by the person you were trading with, then you clicked to send the trade.

or, more likely:

- You had clicked browse on that person 30 minutes or so before, so the list of pets was still in your browsers' cache. But the pet was then traded away to another person. Then you started a new trade, added that pet, and sent your trade.

I've reduced the lifetime of that page to 60 seconds, so the information will only be cached by your browser for 60 seconds before it refreshes its list of pets.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SolMiMi » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Thanks so much Nick! Either way, it was a really horrible bug even worse was the person didn't want to trade me my pet back, but it's all good now. xD

Thanks again ^____^
SolMiMi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me