Forum Games

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Forum Games

Postby Lady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:08 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:I think that people need to find a new hobby if they care that much about post counts ^_^;;

Agreed. :D

I hate seeing people mentioning their high post count in their sigs, when I know all of those posts are pointless stuff from the forum games threads. >,<
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sorren Fey » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Lady wrote:I hate seeing people mentioning their high post count in their sigs, when I know all of those posts are pointless stuff from the forum games threads. >,<

Ha ha, my thoughts! XD
But even worser is, when they open a topic to tell every one how much posts they have.
Sorren Fey
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:30 pm

Sorren Fey wrote:But even worser is, when they open a topic to tell every one how much posts they have.

You've got to be kidding. :? I haven't seen any of those since the forums got big.!
ImageImageImageImage
Lady

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:42 am

Lady wrote:
Sorren Fey wrote:But even worser is, when they open a topic to tell every one how much posts they have.

You've got to be kidding. :? I haven't seen any of those since the forums got big.!

What, they do? WHY?

Lady, are you on DCF then? Because the custom titles are based off a level 10 (2,000) post count, and people would spam like heck to get them if there wasn't a forum game post count restriction.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.
"I am an artist, not a printer" Remember that and heck yes, I said it first :U

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:14 am

If you think about it, some people would go straight to the games, post 10 or 11 times, then drop off their clickables in that thread. I actually would have done that myself, if I hadn't already started so many conversations. XD
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:04 am

nickjr wrote:If you think about it, some people would go straight to the games, post 10 or 11 times, then drop off their clickables in that thread. I actually would have done that myself, if I hadn't already started so many conversations. XD

Yup. On most forums that have any benefits with post counts, that's how it is.
Kii Project + Lox Recolours + House of Snarkiness + Lackless Deviantart + Art competition = My Stuff.
If you'll excuse me, I'm going to lock myself in the pantry and drown my sorrows in bottled water and granola bars.

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:24 pm

Well, something should be done about that in Lady's clickable thread. One of the rules is no posting here till you post 10 times somewhere else. Who's to say they don't just go to that number game thread and post there 10 times? I bet you could get that done in under a day.
Ehe, I shouldn't be talking... that's where most of my posts seem to be! Ick, newbie moment. Must make lots of updates to meh art thread...
I don't really think that the posts thing is such a great idea anyway. It makes competition, and spam in the process. Better than some other sited which fully go and rank it with stars.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mausoleum » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:30 pm

Toastberg wrote:Well, something should be done about that in Lady's clickable thread. One of the rules is no posting here till you post 10 times somewhere else. Who's to say they don't just go to that number game thread and post there 10 times? I bet you could get that done in under a day.
Ehe, I shouldn't be talking... that's where most of my posts seem to be! Ick, newbie moment. Must make lots of updates to meh art thread...
I don't really think that the posts thing is such a great idea anyway. It makes competition, and spam in the process. Better than some other sited which fully go and rank it with stars.

They do, that's where most people get their first 10 post counts.

Mausoleum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mirage. » Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:08 pm

I've seen someone brag that she reached 200 posts in one week. She put it in her siggy in big letters and started a thread about it in the general chat. I had noticed she was a very frequent forum games "visitor" too...To tell you the truth, post count is starting to get on my nerves. People pay so much attention to it, it drives me nuts.
KIKI SAYS:

back for summer event...
mirage.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me