Make Pets Non-Tradeable After A Certain Period of Time

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: Make Pets Non-Tradeable After A Certain Period of Time

Postby Attic » Fri Dec 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Dang it, I've never thought of that.

I just think that if the Julys are non-tradeable, no one will want them, thus stopping the whole "I want Julys! Offering Novembers!" stuff.

Bad suggestion, sorry.
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Willow13 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 8:00 pm

i dont think it is a very good idea either im new and im glad people are trading older pets with me! :D
ImageImage
Willow13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiery Gatoh » Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:23 pm

In all honesty, I think I would have to leave if a change like that occurred on the site. Trading is what I like most about the site, aside from the people and the community. If you limit that, your going to limit enjoyment of the site. People aren't stupid, they would be allowed to make their own choices.
Fiery Gatoh
CS Fanclub

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby WeekendWarrior » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:33 am

Seems like a kind of selfish suggestion if you ask me. ^-^;

It would really induce cliquish-ness among the older people, flashing their Julys like gang-signs. xD The other members would feel pretty left-out, and they would never get a chance to own their favorite July/August.
Leaving CS-- ALL PETS FOR WAJAS STUFF!
WeekendWarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Attic » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:26 pm

Um... could we just let this thread die?

I've already agreed that is a bad suggestion.
Attic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Speckaroo » Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:30 pm

Attic, i just wanna say i do see where you were going with this..because i had more then two people giving me card pups for my july..its not a terrible suggestion, because it is very annoying.
Speckaroo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:18 pm

Uh, this sounds like a really bad idea. It's your pet, you should be able to trade it, ya? So you could be stuck with duplicates of a July that you could trade for something you don't have? To force you to give it to a newbie? The newbie will probably get tricked into trading it for a pet from last month.

Attic wrote:and maybe just regret that he didn't join CS earlier.

Oh gawd. That's nice isn't it? We don't want to go making newer members feel immensely left out, while we're waving our Julys around, and all the newbies can do is sit there and wish. Not even we, I don't have any either. And some people who never knew what CS was too. This suggestion is selfish and unfair.

Newbies are always going to be newbies. They don't look, they learn only from the experience. But you can't just go rejecting them from the start. That's slack. Valenth and Kumos is not chicken smoothie, they do theirs their way and we'll do ours our way. Just because they did it doesn't mean we should too.

Fiery Gatoh wrote:Trading is what I like most about the site

Ya, lots of people enjoy trading. Including me. Cutting trading off at 3 moths would ruin more than half of the fun.

People who have this problem also, block off your groups! Stop those newbies from giving crummy trades! That simple! The people who have two Julys would rather put up with the newbies and tell them to go elsewhere rather than give in to them!

WeekendWarrior wrote:Seems like a kind of selfish suggestion if you ask me. ^-^;

It would really induce cliquish-ness among the older people, flashing their Julys like gang-signs. xD The other members would feel pretty left-out, and they would never get a chance to own their favorite July/August.

Agree. We want to welcome more people into CS, not make them feel left out.

Attic wrote:Um... could we just let this thread die?

I've already agreed that is a bad suggestion.

Yes. Horrible suggestion. Die. Mods? Kill it for us?
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Contraria » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 pm

Fiery Gatoh wrote:In all honesty, I think I would have to leave if a change like that occurred on the site. Trading is what I like most about the site, aside from the people and the community. If you limit that, your going to limit enjoyment of the site. People aren't stupid, they would be allowed to make their own choices.

die too from me. :? it wont be the same then
ImageImage
Pet's name: Miss Tessa Pet's name: Carole Von Pound

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage = ImageImageImage
Contraria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes