Trades removal

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Trades removal

Postby Luli » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:23 pm

Um, so, it's not the first time I have this problem and I was wondering if it was just me or something general?
I tried to edit trades several times or remove accidental additions to them and then I add something different or send the trade and the pet I was not supposed to trade is still there/re-appears! Just now, if I hadn't been fast enough, I would have traded a very special pet someone wanted to trade with me (which was not gonna happen, eep, never trade my personal pets) and eeh, this made me realize how I should say something about it, maybe it's a glitch?
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Offering Image AND Image for Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Trades removal

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:45 pm

I thought that I had fixed this problem... :(.

Can you come up with an exact sequence of steps that causes this issue? I wasn't able to reproduce it when I tried last time.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:52 pm

thenickdude wrote:I thought that I had fixed this problem... :(.

Can you come up with an exact sequence of steps that causes this issue? I wasn't able to reproduce it when I tried last time.

Situation 1 (happened a few days ago):
You start a trade, you add a couple of pets by their ID, let's say A and B, you accidentally add pet C when you didn't mean to, so you remove pet C by the button and then you add pet D, so pet C re-appears.

Situation 2 (happened just now):
Someone sends a trade offer to you, you don't wanna trade that particular pet away, so you remove this pet, and add a new one. You then send the trade, it all seemed fine, but you check the offer you've just made and the pet you removed is there together with the pet you added in exchange.
Image Image
HUGE THANKS TO A CHICKEN FOR HELPING ME GET THE LAST PET TO COMPLETE MY COLLECTION!!
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm

I could not reproduce situation 1, either with javascript turned on or javascript turned off, so I am doing something differently to you. Which web browser are you using, and which version is it (go help->about to find out)? Can you double-check for me that those _exact steps_ cause the problem to occur.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:48 pm

I am also haveing Situation two.

I didnt want to offer two pets to someone, so I removed it then put the ID of the one I wanted to trade. Then it reapeared. So I went into the 'Browes Pets' And I removed the one I didnt want and kept the other. But then they dissapeared. Both did....
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 πš‹πš•πš˜πš˜πš– πšžπš—πšπš’πš• 𝚠𝚎 πšŠπšŒπš‘πšŽ"

α΄€Κ€α΄› ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ α΄›ΚœΚ€α΄‡α΄€α΄…
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:54 pm

thenickdude wrote:I could not reproduce situation 1, either with javascript turned on or javascript turned off, so I am doing something differently to you. Which web browser are you using, and which version is it (go help->about to find out)? Can you double-check for me that those _exact steps_ cause the problem to occur.

Mm, I'm pretty sure that's what I did, maybe you did fix that situation when you checked for that problem before?
I have Internet Explorer 7!
Image Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:04 pm

You're not sure? Why not go try and it now and tell me if it does it? I cannot fix this problem unless I have a series of steps which is known to always cause this to happen.
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toastberg » Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:28 pm

I had a problem like that too. I had a bunch of pets to trade, then I decided I didn't want to let go of one, so I hit remove and then all of them disappeared, so I went and found them again. Also, if you have a pet there and say remove, then go find it in the browse for more pets it says click to remove this pet. That isn't causing me any problems, it just means I have to click twise, but I just thought I should let you know.
~RESUME INDEFINITE PROBABLY-PERMANENT HIATUS~
My work here is done.
Thanks again to those who entered in my competition. I'll be off now. Have a nice life out there.
Toastberg

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nick » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:14 pm

I've now discovered and fixed a bug in the trading system that would have caused these issues. If anyone experiences something like this after now, please post :).
Nick
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luli » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:49 pm

thenickdude wrote:You're not sure?

I actually said I was pretty sure, so yes, I was, hehe.

I'm glad it's fixed now, thanks Nick :D
Image Image
Luli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me