CHRISTMAS PET IDEAS

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Re: CHRISTMAS PET IDEAS

Postby Cinereus » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:10 pm

I'd love some sort of "Windigo" pet, that would be blue with icicles and snow. (The Windigo being a Native American winter monster.)

Solloby wrote:So the CS Christmas pets SHOULD be Christmas themed and not generic, because Tess and a lot of people on CS want to celebrate Christmas, and we should be allowed to celebrate Christmas.

I think what Ambrose was getting at is that, sure, you can celebrate Christmas, but the pets shouldn't be exclusively Christmas themed. There could be Hanukkah pets, Kwanzaa pets, Winter Solstice pets...nobody is preventing you from celebrating your holiday with a CS pet, and all us non-Christians just ask that you not prevent us from celebrating ours. We're not offended by people celebrating the holiday, we're just offended by the insinuation that we all celebrate that holiday.

I, as an atheist/Buddhist, celebrate the season and the winter solstice, and the Christmas hype just comes with the territory, but I'd rather not risk alienating those who are much more attached to their respective faiths than they are to Christmas.
ImageImage
Gray | he/his/him
Cinereus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ambrose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:16 pm

Solloby wrote:Ambrose:
Why would we not celebrate just because xyz and abc doesn't celebrate that holiday? If abc doesn't celebrate New Years, does that mean it's offensive to release fireworks pets? If xyz doesn't celebrate birthdays, does that mean it's offensive to release pets with candles and happy birthday on them? If abc and xyz don't celebrate Christmas, does that mean that nobody is allowed to celebrate Christmas because it's offensive to those 2 people? NO!

If someone is offended by other people celebrating a holiday, be it for religious or family reasons, then that's just stupid. I'm not offended that people don't celebrate a holiday I celebrate, why should others be offended that I celebrate a holiday that they don't? That's just being intolerant, and I hate intolerant people. You don't have to like it, just tolerate it. If the world was like this there would be no racism or religious wars or infringements on the rights of people because they are gay or female or don't have blue eyes etc. I don't celebrate Hannukah (sorry if that's mispelt) but if Tess released some Hannukah pets I'd still like and adopt them. And I'd respect them because I know they'd mean something special to some people.

So it's nice that you are looking out for people that don't celebrate Christmas, but those people have no right to be offended by Tess releasing Christmas pets. Tess IS making these pets for all. If people don't want them, then that's their problem. I'm sorry if I sound harsh but I'm sick of the world being so intolerant of people. Black people, gay people, females, people of different religions... they are all people and they all have rights and they should all have the same rights but they aren't always allowed to because people aren't tolerant of other people, and that's sad.

So the CS Christmas pets SHOULD be Christmas themed and not generic, because Tess and a lot of people on CS want to celebrate Christmas, and we should be allowed to celebrate Christmas.

Im not trying to take away your right to celebrate Christmas.
Thats not what I meant.
You make it sound like im this racist, sexist, non-religious... person, who could give a crap about everyone else but themselves.
Like I have no feelings to other people.

Im not ntolerent

Im not doing a freaking protest here.
Im not saying, NO RELIGIOUSE BECAUZE ITS BAD AND I DONT LIKE ITS.

Im saying they would be offended (and I’ve seen it) because its only directed towards Christians and their Christmas, and there’s nothing there for them. Would you want to go into a store and see only Hanukah things, and nothing for Christmas, and thus you don’t have a chance to represent your own religion? I wouldn’t. I wouldn’t want to live in a society with nothing but that. That’s how I feel, and what other people feel, when they go to all these different websites and there’s nothing but Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!

Im saying, If she’s so deadest on making Christmas wolves, she should be kind enough/tolerate enough to make some wolves for the other major religious holidays. At least, Hanukah, Kwanza, Winter Solstice, and one of the Muslim holidays, like Eid al-Adha.

Comanche wrote:I'd love some sort of "Windigo" pet, that would be blue with icicles and snow. (The Windigo being a Native American winter monster.)

Solloby wrote:So the CS Christmas pets SHOULD be Christmas themed and not generic, because Tess and a lot of people on CS want to celebrate Christmas, and we should be allowed to celebrate Christmas.

I think what Ambrose was getting at is that, sure, you can celebrate Christmas, but the pets shouldn't be exclusively Christmas themed. There could be Hanukkah pets, Kwanzaa pets, Winter Solstice pets...nobody is preventing you from celebrating your holiday with a CS pet, and all us non-Christians just ask that you not prevent us from celebrating ours. We're not offended by people celebrating the holiday, we're just offended by the insinuation that we all celebrate that holiday.

I, as an atheist/Buddhist, celebrate the season and the winter solstice, and the Christmas hype just comes with the territory, but I'd rather not risk alienating those who are much more attached to their respective faiths than they are to Christmas.

Thank you very much Comanche, You just summed up my point :3

I myself am Sikhist/Wiccan, so I do the Winter Solstice.

ONE MORE EDIT
I really am not trying to offend anyone, I am just frustraited and tired at the moment, which is addmitedly, no excuse. I may come across as a bit bitter, but at the same time, this is a touchy subject for me. In the end, I just want to make it a more racialy-expanded community for everyone :3 she does say, on the front page, that it is for everyone, so why dont we just make it fair for everyone?
Ambrose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mumble » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:34 pm

Maybe a candy-cane sort of dog?

With three outcomes. There could be a common red and white one.. and a kind of uncommon green and white one.. and lastly, a rare rainbow and white one. :B And the blanket for the newborn could be green with candy canes all over it.

/random

About this argument: I myself celebrate Christmas, but I think that the pets shouldn't be directly related to Christmas, maybe just winter and the holiday season. It'd be too much work for Tess to make one Christmas pet, one Kwanzaa pet, one Hanukkah pet, etc., so if it's just winter/holiday themed, then no one will be offended and we can all be happy.
Last edited by Mumble on Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[ immense kudos to inari for making my avvie. <3 ]
[ *flashes grin* ]

[ yes, sirree, i take 2nd-gens! :B ]

[ visit my CS pets ] [ see my other pets ] [ read my story ]

Mumble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ambrose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:45 pm

Mumble wrote:
About this argument: I myself celebrate Christmas, but I think that the pets shouldn't be directly related to Christmas, maybe just winter and the holiday season. It'd be too much work for Tess to make one Christmas pet, one Kwanzaa pet, one Hanukkah pet, etc., so if it's just winter/holiday themed, then no one will be offended and we can all be happy.

That was the point I was trying to make into the first place....:3 Thanks.

I really like the log fire and Starry Night ideas. Mmm, and Ice.
Ambrose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mumble » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:49 pm

Ambrose wrote:
Mumble wrote:

It was? XDDD I'm so naive, I wasn't understanding you properly, haha. Er, you're welcome, but if I get what you're saying I just simplified the point you were making. XD
[ immense kudos to inari for making my avvie. <3 ]
[ *flashes grin* ]

[ yes, sirree, i take 2nd-gens! :B ]

[ visit my CS pets ] [ see my other pets ] [ read my story ]

Mumble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Icesky » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:51 pm

Maybe three December dogs could be Kwanzza, Haunikka(Sorry, cant spell other religion holidays x3) and Christmas. Only because those are the main holidays in December.
But, there wouldnt be any other pets for that month, you know? And we can use all different holiday Ideas.
And even though Im Catholic, I would absolutly LOVE a Haunikka Wolf! But, I dont know much about Kwanzza to want it x3 Even though I would adopt it anyways.

But for Christmas....

A Rde and white striped dog. A green scarf with tiny bells on the tips. Then a Santa hat with reindeer antlers poking out. Flop-eared. Stub-tailed(Bob-tailed) With Green eyes. And a present in its mouth. The present Pink with Blue ribbon. Oh! And, And, And.... Chirstmas lights strung around the paws, like its tangled x3

Hows that sound?

And since there are sometimes four adoptable pets, we could throw in a winter along with the three holidays.

Idea;

White with icicles on ears, muzzle, and tail. One flop ear, and one pointed. Long tail. Stars around its body, and a star necklace. Blue Swirls and Snowflakes around it too.

Anyone like?
x
x

x
"𝚠𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚖 𝚞𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚕 𝚠𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚑𝚎"

ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
☾ ⋆ ☾ ⋆ ☾
ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ
☽ ⋆ ☽ ⋆ ☽

manga panel from witch hate atelier
Icesky

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ambrose » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:55 pm

Mumble wrote:
Ambrose wrote:
Mumble wrote:

It was? XDDD I'm so naive, I wasn't understanding you properly, haha. Er, you're welcome, but if I get what you're saying I just simplified the point you were making. XD

She made it seem like I was against Christmas (Which I wasn't) so I gave her reasons why I said we should make it generic, and if it wasn't generic why it shouldn't just be Christmas.

But that was what I was trying to say in the first place.

To Icesky- Winter Solstice is actually pretty common as well, and there are usually four dogs, so I would recomend that one.
Ambrose

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:01 pm

*headdesk* Okay, I'm siding with Solloby on this one. Yes, there are other holidays. However at the top of the post, Tess has put CHRISTMAS IDEAS please. It's her site, let her celebrate what she wants. If she want to celebrate Christmas, hey! Cool! I get a Christmas dog! Am I going to be offended because it's not representing what I want it to represent? No, I'm going to take it as "Here is my way of celebrating the holiday season" If you are offended by a Christmas dog, hey! You don't have to take one! How about that? Wow.

Off on a tangent and as an example, as a person who deals with this stuff, yes we carry Christmas, Kwanzaa and Hanukkah items (stamps) but out of thousands of customers, One or two actually want them. And they don't want the few that we have, they only want a small portion of them. We then end up spending the entire month of January trying to figure out how to get rid of the Kwanzaa stamps that everyone screamed for, but in the end, no one wants.

So don't scream and cry for something you don't really want. Stick with the better sellers.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun Nov 30, 2008 6:03 pm

topic locked, too many people trying to start a debate in here

we don't have hannukah or kwanza or any of that stuff in my country, I have no idea about it, I wouldn't know how to celebrate it

if you want to celebrate it, find an american site that understands you guys

where I live, christmas isn't a religious holiday it's a commercial one, I'm not religious and neither is anyone in my family, and we celebrate christmas. It's normal for new zealanders.

Tess
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me