What is a COPPA'D User?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

What is a COPPA'D User?

Postby xXxWhiteWolfxXx » Sat May 14, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey! I'm just wondering what a COPPA'D User is. I don't know if this is in the right place as I don't know where it goes or what it is!
xXxWhiteWolfxXx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: What is a COPPA'D User?

Postby Sizacu » Sat May 14, 2011 10:34 pm

A COPPA user is a user who is (often) under the age of 13. COPPA'd users are generally from America, but there can be some from other parts of the world because of banning, warnings and such that were directed at them.

I hope that's right xD
For every effect there is a root cause. Find and address the root cause
rather than try to fix the effect, as there is no end to the latter
.”
- Celestine Chua
Sizacu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onlyafter2009 » Sat May 14, 2011 11:03 pm

COPPA users a users who are under the age of 13. Before they are COPPA'D they are not allowed to post on CS unless they're parents sign a form and send it to the admins through email or by posting it to them.
However, when you are discovered to be under 13 and your posting privilages are taken away, you can still PM your friends and tell them why you aren't posting and such.
onlyafter2009

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Sun May 15, 2011 2:06 am

both of the answers above are incorrect

The Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act

COPPA'd users are those who have certain restrictions applied if we know them to be under 13 and residents of the USA. Because of the COPPA law of the US, they cannot send trade messages, PMs, set up avatars or signatures, or post in the forums. The only exception is for posts in the oekaki board, where all their posts must be pre-approved by staff before they show up in the forum. If we discover an American user to be under 13 then we will apply the COPPA protection, at which point all of the above restrictions immediately apply.

COPPA users can remove their protection before turning 13 if they send in a signed parents permission form. If they don't send in a form, the COPPA protection will be removed when we know they have turned 13 (i.e. if we have their birthdate on record, and observe their 13th birthday)
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me