MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like the idea of the colored stars?

Yes!
82%
Yes, but I think we could come up with something better
16%
No
2%

Total votes : 281

MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Postby shelberina711 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:46 pm

Thank you all so much for the continued support. Please tell your chicken smoothie friends to come on over and leave a comment about their feelings towards this. The addition of the “Lost and found” gives me great hopes for this because that is also something people have asked for for a long time, if we can get enough support we can make this happen :) it just takes time and a little bit of work! Please PM me any questions, and leave comments, the more the merrier
Merry Christmas, happy holidays, cheers to the new year :)

Hello All! I have talked with the board and had this topic switched to my ownership, the original owner has been inactive for many years, but I care very much about this and think it would make a huge difference.
As Chicken Smoothie has gotten older and older, more pets have been added and more people are looking for pets in different ways, it would be nice to be able to organize our wishlists in different categories. So far the best idea seems to be to have a different color star for each wishlist and indicate what each color star means in your trading rules. Please comment if you support and I will add you to a list, which will be linked below to save space on the thread. I have left the original texted quoted below, please PM me if you have any questions.

LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO MAKE SIGNATURE STAMPS/BANNERS/ICONS TO SUPPORT THIS TOPIC - PAYMENT VERY FLEXIBLE - PLEEEEASE PM ME!!!! THEY CAN BE VERY SIMPLE :)

Topic Navigation- disclaimer- this topic is disorganized because I did not originally own it- but if you use the links below you can find everything you need
1 - FAQs
2 - Original Post

While you are here please leave a comment! It is great to know who is here and curious/supportive of this suggestion, a simple hello is great :)

I would love to have an "official" opinion on this, as I feel this has been supported by many for quite a few years but never received an official ruling, is it never going to happen? Or is it a possibility with enough support? And if it's never going to happen, why?
For those of you commenting that this has been around so long with no change it will never happen, when this thread was made there were so many fewer pets of chicken smoothie. Now, it is so hard to keep track of what you don't have, what you need, and what you want that multiple wishlists are basically a necessity, how is one to know what they have and don't have, find the things they want, and complete specific collections when there are around 10,000 pets on chicken smoothie? For those of you wondering why I care so much, that's why. I think it would be a huge help to the general chicken smoothie population. I greatly appreciate all the support so far, lets keep it up!!
Last edited by shelberina711 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 79 times in total.
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: "Hoarding List"

Postby | Aloy | » Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 pm

I believe this was suggested before for both hoards and 'secondary' wishlist pets. I just don't remember what the decision was xD

Edit: Found a few of the threads:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=159443&p=4452303
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=467409&p=10582055
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=98581
Last edited by | Aloy | on Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
| Aloy |

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiro Tora » Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm

oh lol I'm sure it probably was suggested before. Does any one happen to know what the decision on this one was?
Shiro Tora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Takora Drakan » Thu May 12, 2011 8:36 pm

Maybe WL pets could be marked with either "Major Wishlist Pet" and "Minor Wishlist" pet, I think that would also work since I don't think hoarding is officially uhh how to say it, "supported"?
Pet Spotlight:
Pet's name: Xylona
Trades - Looking for all kinds of Dragons!
Takora Drakan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiro Tora » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:00 am

Takora Drakan wrote:Maybe WL pets could be marked with either "Major Wishlist Pet" and "Minor Wishlist" pet, I think that would also work since I don't think hoarding is officially uhh how to say it, "supported"?

supported or not, hoarding is a significant activity amongst Chickensmoothians and it certainly isn't against the rules or even discouraged for that matter. The "Major Wishlist" pets and the "Minor Wishlist" pets still leaves too much room for speculation. One person may use the "Major Wishlist" as their ultimate dreamies and the "Minor Wishlist" as some pets they would like to have if they can. With a "Hoards List" there is no confusion over what pet the player doesn't actually have yet and are most likely willing to trade more for, and what pet they already have multiple of and will most likely pay less for. Also if you know its a hoard pet by checking for pets on their "Hoard List" you can therefore offer multiples of the pet if you have them in hopes for a better offer in your favor. I know there have been several times that I most likely would have given the player the pet they wanted if I had known they had multiples of my hoard pet for trade or if they themselves knew it was a hoard pet and thus offered more than one because they assumed it was just a wish list pet I only wanted one of.

point is people for whatever reason (lack of literary skills, lack of language skills, or lack of respect) don't always read posts and rules to find out if the pet on your WL is actually a wish list pet or a hoard pet and I know I would have been saved a ton of grief (and the people I was trading with as well) if we had known which pets were hoard and which were WL just by checking the lists themselves.
Shiro Tora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:50 pm

I don't think a 'Hoard list' would make much functional difference in trading - it would most likely end up being used the same as a wishlist, just with the caveat of "I want them but I don't want to pay much for them". Some hoarders are willing to pay more for their hoard pets, no matter how many they have, so putting those on an implied 'low-valued' list would be defeating the purpose for them. A lot of people have pets they've missed that they want to get but aren't much interested in, and so they're unwilling to pay much for those pets but only want one of it - they might put it on the hoard list for its 'low value' connotation, but they still only want one of it, just at a lower price. Some people's hoards are extremely high-value, like the VR hoarders, and they might use their wishlist solely for missed outcomes due to having a complete collection - the hoard pets are worth far more than the wishlist pets in that scenario.

What would probably happen is many players filling their 'hoard list' with OMGSRs and VRs in hopes of getting cheap rares, some hoard lists being used for missed outcomes that the person actually only wants one of, some hoard lists where the hoard pets are valued far higher by the seeker than their wishlist pets, some hoard lists being 'wanted but not really seeking' lists of many hoards the person's not actually working on, and some hoard lists actually being used as proposed.

Overall, I think in actual practice a 'hoard list' wouldn't be very helpful in knowing what to trade or how many of a pet to offer, as people would be using it in many different ways and not necessarily as anything to do with hoarding or wanting multiples of the pets on that list. The one guarantee of any new feature is that few people will use it as originally intended. :lol: Giving the 'hoard list' a very specific category of use (e.g. "pets you already own but want multiples of and also are not willing to pay as much for") is more likely to cause confusion and irritation due to people using it for other purposes.

If there was going to be a change to the wishlist setup, I'd prefer to see a 'minor wishlist' category, which would fulfill much the same purpose as a 'hoard list' but not have so narrow an intended focus - it would just be a "pets I want but won't pay a lot for" category. While it would still have some of the same issues as above, the looser definition would make it more functional to everyone, as not everyone has hoards or agrees with hoarding but many non-hoarders would still have use for a 'minor wishlist' category. :3 Of course, the downside of a 'minor wishlist' is that it might make the 'major' wishlist be seen as 'pets I will massively overpay for' even more than it already is. >.>
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:49 pm

[quote="Atwood"][/quote]

Sorry, I don't see what you see and I find it *extremely* unfair to just assume that people don't or won't pay well for hoard pets. Or assume that this type of label would advertise such a thing.

The functionality is this, "Hey, here's the thing I collect. Feel free to give me hundreds of them if you have that many!" is a great thing to advertise. In this way, there's a very very large difference in a hoard pet or a minor wishlist pet.

Minor wishlist for me would be missing outcomes. Those are the things I don't overpay for because everyone in CS is still actively adopting them and those are the things I usually won't overpay for. I honestly don't see why we can't have both labels.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Atwood » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:40 pm

^ Not sure if that's actually responding to me or not, but to clarify, the mention of a 'low value' connotation and why it wouldn't apply in many cases was in response to this:
Shiro Tora wrote:With a "Hoards List" there is no confusion over what pet the player doesn't actually have yet and are most likely willing to trade more for, and what pet they already have multiple of and will most likely pay less for.

In this sense the intended use of the feature as suggested is to show pets you want but will pay less for, which is certainly not always the case with hoard pets - many pay more for hoard pets because they prefer them over most other pets. My objection is that the feature wouldn't be used 'properly' and so while you might use it as 'these are my hoard pets and I want lots', many others would use it in different ways that may have nothing to do with hoarding. While this isn't a problem in itself, it reduces the functionality as proposed, which was to make it easy to see people's hoard pets they want lots of but aren't necessarily willing to pay more for due to already owning several, as quoted above. If it wasn't specifically called a 'hoard list' intended for hoard pets only, it would likely have more functionality, hence a 'minor wishlist' or 'wishlist 2' that people can use as they please, whether for hoard pets or to separate out missed outcomes, without being pestered if they use it for something other than hoards.

I wonder if it would be possible to code a dropdown menu style of wishlist where you could name your wishlists yourself and lock groups based on those, like a checklist. For example, say your wishlist contains a bunch of VRs, a few missed outcomes from the past months, a couple of hoard pets, some mid-'09 Uncommons you missed due to a holiday, and that one Rare you want as a gift for your friend. You could sort your wishlist into maybe five groups maximum, such as '1. Wishlist VRs', '2. Missed outcomes', '3. Hoards', '4. Mid-'09s' and '5. Seeking for friends', and then set up trade groups accordingly. Your VR trades would be open only to wishlists 1 and maybe 3, while regular trades would be open to 4 and 5, and only your monthly swaps group would be open to 2. No idea if that's possible to code within the system though. X3
Atwood

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiro Tora » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:36 pm

You argue a very valid point Atwood and forgive me for assuming all players value their hoard pets less due to already having multiples of them. I can agree with your conclusion that the specificness (yes I know its not a word) of having a "hoards list" can and will be misused by players just as the trade rules had been severely misused before they limited the amount of characters you can use. However I think your suggestion in your second post is a bit too confusing and complex considering most people use the automatic pets on your partner's WL option in the drop down menu of a trade to quickly find pets you have that are on your partners WL and I don't see how having groups of wishlists that you name yourself would work into that function. It may cause even more confusion. However a simple fix to this may just be three separate wishlists themselves. I understand this is probably getting a little ridiculous and really it would be much easier and simpler to just leave it the way it is for Nick and for a good portion of chicken smoothie players who have no need for either of the wish list sub categories. But bare with me on this. For those of us who do not have complete collections and still have major R/VR dreamies AND common missed outcomes every month AND hoards, the extra subcategories of"major Wishlist pets", "minor Wishlist pets" as well as "hoard pets" may help solve both my problem and also the issue that Atwood pointed out would come from only adding a "hoards pets" function.
Shiro Tora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:30 am

I wonder if it would be possible to code a dropdown menu style of wishlist where you could name your wishlists yourself and lock groups based on those, like a checklist. For example, say your wishlist contains a bunch of VRs, a few missed outcomes from the past months, a couple of hoard pets, some mid-'09 Uncommons you missed due to a holiday, and that one Rare you want as a gift for your friend. You could sort your wishlist into maybe five groups maximum, such as '1. Wishlist VRs', '2. Missed outcomes', '3. Hoards', '4. Mid-'09s' and '5. Seeking for friends', and then set up trade groups accordingly. Your VR trades would be open only to wishlists 1 and maybe 3, while regular trades would be open to 4 and 5, and only your monthly swaps group would be open to 2. No idea if that's possible to code within the system though. X3

Actually that's not a bad idea. Dropdown menu or not, if the wishlist was coded in Javascript (Sorry, Nick!), you could even drag and drop the pets in your list, much like how clothing currently works. All you'd need are a couple of empty category boxes that players could write what they're for. That's simple enough to understand and isn't a bother for players that don't want a complex wishlist.

Of course, I'd love a way to have three separate markings when trading, but there are a few cons to that kind of system.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me