MULTIPLE CUSTOM WISHLISTS (UPDATED)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like the idea of the colored stars?

Yes!
82%
Yes, but I think we could come up with something better
17%
No
2%

Total votes : 289

Re: Multiple and Customizable Wishlists (Poll Added)

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:31 am

shelberina711 wrote:
Shian wrote:There so much "low hanging fruit" like this in the suggestions board that could easily be taken care of given a little bit of time, yet there's been very very few improvements to the site for many years now.
I'm guessing the site is considered "done" and is just in maintenance mode.

This is exactly how I feel, having been on the site for so many years now though I have noticed a huge decline in the number of users that are actually active on a day to day basis, me being one of them that is "half-active" so to speak, and I feel it is for this reason. There is very little change in small things so people get frustrated and feel unheard, even though CS is supposed to be a community. I'm not hating, I just feel like simple changes like this could really bring up activity

Agreed to both and all of this. ^^
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shelberina711 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:14 pm

I sent in a help ticket earlier asking if I could remake this thread as the owner of it has been inactive for two years but have received no reply. I think if we really worked hard we could get a lot of support and maybe show CS change is the way!
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shelberina711 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:35 am

paoffy wrote:yeah if this was suggested in 2011 it's not gonna happen lmao

never say never!
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:44 am

shelberina711 wrote:
paoffy wrote:yeah if this was suggested in 2011 it's not gonna happen lmao

never say never!

Have to admit Im super glad to see it changed ownership to you and that you’re so passionate about it. Maybe we can get them to make some changes. <3
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shelberina711 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:17 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Have to admit Im super glad to see it changed ownership to you and that you’re so passionate about it. Maybe we can get them to make some changes. <3

Awww thank you so much! I have been on Chicken Smoothie since 2011 so I would love to see them make some changes so the website can grow with the amount of pets added, thank you for your support
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Multiple and Customizable Wishlists (UPDATED)

Postby RandomSia » Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:17 pm

I agree, I've been on for so long and the only day to day difference in the last 2 years has been the events. It's a pain to trade since I mainly want missing pets and all anyone wants to give me are hoard pets.

I like the color coded star idea But I dislike the idea of the explanation being in our rules. People already don't read rules and the longer rules need to be, the less people will read them.
RandomSia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Multiple and Customizable Wishlists (UPDATED)

Postby nickjr » Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:14 pm

This might not be as much of a low-hanging fruit but yes, there have been so many other popular low-hanging fruit suggestions in this board that never got implemented -cries- which makes me think medium-hanging fruit like this won't ever be gotten to

I've seen maybe 1 new not-needed feature (the dressup scenes, which are awesome but........... and yes I'll argue that ChickenPaint was needed due to the phasing out of Java for security reasons) and 2-3 small not-necessary improvements (the changing of the text color against the background of the Space theme was necessary) over many years :( if my numbers are off then they aren't off by a significant amount

I agree with RandomSia that the explanation shouldn't be in our rules, and I don't think we should even include an explanation space because I think that'll lead to the expectation that people will read the explanations -> more frustration when people inevitably don't lol

If we have multiple and customizable wishlists, then the name of each wishlist really should be self-explanatory enough; if it isn't or if it's a wishlist with a very specific purpose, then you can specify it in your trade rules, but I don't think we should have an explanation space by default.

I could see potential miscommunication between members who use the star colors differently; for example, there will be people who
* follow the rarity colors, going from purple = most wanted to red = very wanted to blue = least wanted
* follow rainbow order in one direction, going from red = most wanted to purple = least wanted
* follow rainbow order in the other direction, going from purple = most wanted to blue = very wanted to red = least wanted
* don't follow an obvious order like that, maybe assigning based on personal preference or something

But I don't really have any better ideas xD Just something to keep in mind.
I mean, we could have numbered stars instead, but would people take a low number be the least valuable or the most valuable? We already have this number confusion with the Rares List; I'm clearly not the only one who thought that the Advent List tiers were numbered like you would number lists ("you are my number one" "the first item on my Christmas wishlist is..." "name your top three choices") instead of like you would number the floors of a building where the very important people were at the top floors or like a rating system

People might also have wishlists of equal priority, but stars with different colors or numbers would probably imply that the wishlists are of different priorities.

I really don't have any better ideas other than to remove the color-coding and numbering entirely lol and at this point I think I'd take any implementation

@shelberina711 Glad to see you take over :3
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Targaryen » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:55 am

ElementalInsanity wrote:
shelberina711 wrote:
Shian wrote:There so much "low hanging fruit" like this in the suggestions board that could easily be taken care of given a little bit of time, yet there's been very very few improvements to the site for many years now.
I'm guessing the site is considered "done" and is just in maintenance mode.

This is exactly how I feel, having been on the site for so many years now though I have noticed a huge decline in the number of users that are actually active on a day to day basis, me being one of them that is "half-active" so to speak, and I feel it is for this reason. There is very little change in small things so people get frustrated and feel unheard, even though CS is supposed to be a community. I'm not hating, I just feel like simple changes like this could really bring up activity

Agreed to both and all of this. ^^

Definitely.

Multiple/hoard wishlists have been something I've wanted for years. They'd make trading much, much more convenient.
Targaryen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Multiple and Customizable Wishlists FAQ's

Postby shelberina711 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:42 am

Sorry for the disorganization of this, as I did not have access to add this under the original post- Here are some FAQ's and answers :)
Q1) If we use colored wishlists what would each star mean
A1- This seems to be the biggest topic of discussion on the table, what would the wishlists be? In my personal opinion, it would be best for them to be generic, and people specify what their "colors" mean in their trading rules, but it has also been mentioned there could be numbered stars from least to most wanted (ex- least being all the pets that you don't own-most being dreamies)

Q2) Wouldn't this feature be abused like wishlists are now?
A2) I feel this feature would actually stop the abuse of wishlists now, and I also wouldn't say wishlists are abused right now. Personally, I have every pet I don't own (with some flaws because of trading and forgetting to update) on my wishlist, because I have too many pets to keep track of what I do and do not have on my own, so when trading I may accidentally trade for pets I have when I could be expanding my collection, therefore it is necessary for me. But with the multiple wishlist feature it would be a way to indicate "these are the pets I do not have, these are the pets I want, these are the pets I am hoarding, and these are the pets I would LOVE to have etc. etc." This would stop the "abuse" of the wishlist feature because peoples wishlists would mean more rather than now where one person only wants wishlist pets and one person has all rares on their wishlist and it is hard to tell what they want otherwise.

Q3) Why hasn't this happened yet/will this happen/this won't happen if it hasn't already
A3) I cannot say why this hasn't happened but I can say that we shouldn't give up just because it hasn't. Chicken Smoothie is a home for us all and it is important for us to have a voice and support what we want :)

Q4) People don't read trade rules anyways so wouldn't the meanings be ignored
A4) Possibly, but I think it is more for your own convenience so that when you are sending a trade you can easily find certain pets and when people send you trades you will know what each one is. I know it can be annoying when people don't read trade rules, but in the end, all you have to do is hit cancel :)

More coming soon :)

Return to Main Post
Last edited by shelberina711 on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Multiple and Customizable Wishlists ORIGINAL POST

Postby shelberina711 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:56 am

My original post on this thread suggested adding a "Hoards Wishlist" to the Wishlist function. However, as Atwood cleverly points out further on down this thread, just a plain "Hoards Wishlist" would be misused, much like the current Wishlist feature can be misused at times. Atwood then goes on to suggest a variation of my suggestions that solved the previously stated problems and I would now like to add what they said to my original post and ask either for your support or if you don't support this suggestion. Please keep in mind it IS just a SUGGESTION. No plans have even been made as to a change in the Wishlist feature as of yet.

Shiro Tora wrote:I've been informed that all suggestions are taken into consideration, some are just more feasible than others. Customizable WLs would take a lot more coding than a simple link change. :) In the words of Drizzle.

Atwood wrote:I wonder if it would be possible to code a dropdown menu style of wishlist where you could name your wishlists yourself and lock groups based on those, like a checklist. For example, say your wishlist contains a bunch of VRs, a few missed outcomes from the past months, a couple of hoard pets, some mid-'09 Uncommons you missed due to a holiday, and that one Rare you want as a gift for your friend. You could sort your wishlist into maybe five groups maximum, such as '1. Wishlist VRs', '2. Missed outcomes', '3. Hoards', '4. Mid-'09s' and '5. Seeking for friends', and then set up trade groups accordingly. Your VR trades would be open only to wishlists 1 and maybe 3, while regular trades would be open to 4 and 5, and only your monthly swaps group would be open to 2. No idea if that's possible to code within the system though. X3

If such a thing could be implemented, it would probably look similar to the current trading setup but with multiple groups under 'Pets on your [partner's] wishlist' instead of just one group of all Wishlist pets. For example, the menu might look like:

Ungrouped pets (590)
Monthly pets (110)
Pets on your wishlist (120) <---- total number
- Major wishlist (9) <------------- number in each category
- Minor wishlist (104)
- Hoard wishlist (7)

You could then click on either a specific category (e.g. you're only looking for a missed outcome, so you go to Minor to see if they have that outcome for trade) or the overall 'Pets on your [partner's] wishlist' category to see all Wishlist pets (e.g. you want to gift them or are looking for anything to trade for).

If a group is wishlist-locked, various groups might show up as 'Trading for wishlist pets only (major)', 'Trading for wishlist pets only (minor, hoard)', 'Trading for wishlist pets only (major, minor)', etc., depending on their settings. Adding in a few wishlist-lock variations probably wouldn't be too difficult, though figuring out how to manage all the settings might be hard for some members. To help with that, the 'wishlist lock' option could still be listed as 'Only allow trades for these pets if your partner offers pets from your wishlist', as before, but selecting it would open a little dropdown menu with a checklist of the available wishlists (let's say Major, Minor and Hoard). It would say something like 'Allow trades offering pets from your:' at the top, and then you could select the wishlists you'd want to get offers from (e.g. Major + Hoard, Major, Minor + Hoard).

[/center]

Return to Main Post
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me