U-Nick-orn, warrior cats and December 18th

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

U-Nick-orn, warrior cats and December 18th

Postby BrightPink » Wed May 11, 2011 7:33 am

We all know that the warrior cats are retired due to copyright and the U-Nick-orn is OMG so rare and has never been rereleased.

Are they going to be rereleased in the next advent calendars?

I'm not sure about the cats, but they will be getting only more and more rare if nothing is done with it.
Does the copyright forbid creating more cats as well as rereleasing those that were already made?

Maybe the better thing to do is to delete them since they break it?
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: U-Nick-orn, warrior cats and December 18th

Postby Vampiric » Wed May 11, 2011 8:09 am

Warrior cats are no longer being distributed or re-distributed. I don't think there is any reason why they should be removed since the coloured representations of cats are not illegal, just the names associated with them were copyrighted. They cannot claim the cats themselves for their markings, as far as I am aware.

And as for the Unickorn, whether it gets rereleased in the Dec 18th box is entirely the admins decision, not everything makes it into that box each year.
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby NSJT » Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 am

RainbowCat wrote:We all know that the warrior cats are retired due to copyright and the U-Nick-orn is OMG so rare and has never been rereleased.

Are they going to be rereleased in the next advent calendars?

The warrior cats will never be released again but the U-Nick-orn is possible. That just depends on what the Admins put into the Advent box this year. It might or might not make the cut.

RainbowCat wrote:I'm not sure about the cats, but they will be getting only more and more rare if nothing is done with it.

Well, everything on this site gets more and more rare since they are only adopted out fully once.

RainbowCat wrote:Does the copyright forbid creating more cats as well as rereleasing those that were already made?

Maybe the better thing to do is to delete them since they break it?

The copyrght forbids the rerelease of those that are already made. The designs themselves cannot be copyright since they are normal everyday cat markings.

And why delete them? They are already made and there are no more being produced.
~ Seek out your dreams and stay true ~
~ I believe I believe I believe ~
NSJT

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Wed May 11, 2011 1:10 pm

the copyright does not forbid the re-release of the warrior pets. The only copyright infringement is if we (officially) label them as Warrior Cats, or name them by their individual character names. The images and designs are not protected by copyright, and we can do whatever we want with those pets. They are natural designs, and the artwork is mine. They used to be on a page which gave reference to the Warrior Cats series, and it's the text and labelling of that page which we were asked to remove, not the pets.

We removed them because the same cats were available for a long time and they had become the most 'very common' trash of the trading world. Any users who were around that long ago will remember. The pound was mostly full of warrior cats and 2nd gens, which also had the same problem due to being available long-term... it took hours for the pound to clear because no-one wanted them. We were also releasing a new cat lineart at that time, so the old one was being retired. We wanted to make our own unique designs on a growable cat lineart, rather than make fanart for a book series I've never read. But because the removal of warriors coincided with the release of the new lines a lot of people mistakenly believe the old lineart is somehow tainted and that we can't use it... we can.

Like all other CS pets, we don't re-release stuff unless it's for a special reason, like Dec 18th. The cats aren't a special case, every pet available at that time is no longer available now.

There's no special reason why the U-Nick-Orn doesn't get released in Dec 18th unless it wasn't included by mistake - I don't even know if it's true that it wasn't included... it's certainly not an active decision on my part to exclude it from the giveaway.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kites » Thu May 12, 2011 5:29 am

Would I be correct to assume that the Malk dragons will not be released again due to copyright?

Sorry RainbowCat, I'm leeching off your thread. xD
•Trying to find a username that fits me•

Back from spending the year travelling. ^^

Locations: South Africa, Swaziland, Mozambique, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Back to Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Fiji, HOME

~I used to be Sherlock~
Kites

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BrightPink » Thu May 12, 2011 5:48 am

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.
So they are going to be rereleased one day.
BrightPink

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby --I am Sherlocked-- » Thu May 12, 2011 6:00 am

Hehe , i love the Warrior Cats
--I am Sherlocked--

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby no face » Thu May 12, 2011 8:37 am

yeah. my friend has read all of the books. every series!!!
no face

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tess » Thu May 12, 2011 1:09 pm

the dragons are also not protected by copyright, they're pretty standard dragons. Malk has retired the majority of her linearts.
Click here if you need help from CS Staff or General Helpers!
Tess
Admin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me