Making a second account for storage

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Making a second account for storage

Postby Nao_CapyCan » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:13 am

Hi! As the title explains, I was wondering if it would be possible to be able to have a secondary account that would be only for archive purposes (having your pet collections/hoards that you know you don't want to trade at all).
I know having two "active" accounts is not allowed, but I'm referring to a storage account where you only input pets (sending pets from your main account to there) and you don't trade nor use that account for anything else.

Here are some of my points of why this would be useful:
- There's no way to make different wishlist for different purposes, therefore you could make your "main" WL in your storage account so it's easier to keep track of what you want. The "I have every rare+ in WL for the Pound/Art" is a very common experience in the site, which is why many (myself included) have to manually update a thread in the forum as a tracker or have to list in the trade rules what I'm actually looking for.
- Being able to properly see others' wishlist. When you lock a group of pets as "not for trade", the pets will still appear at the end every time your trade with someone if those pets are on their WL. It has always bugged me to see "You have 1k+ of their WL" to then realize most of it is my hoards/personal collection.
- Moving your pets to another account would make it harder for others to bother you about trading locked pets. This is common when you have valuable pets or just pets you already know you don't want to trade.
- Would make sorting groups easier for trading. Since you moved all your collections to the other account, you don't need to scroll through 50 groups to reach the pets you're looking to trade. It's also easier for people too see what you have available, even if some may be "harder to trade for" (HTTF).

I think some of the things I state here would be useful as features for the site, but I understand making changes is not easy thing, which is why I think just being able to have a storage account would be better. It would also be great to make a "storage only" mode similar to COPPA users' mode, where you could be able to link your main and storage together so you can only trade with yourself. Or maybe be able to have two pet storage in one account, so you can sort them like I explained within your own account (but that would be more easily solved by adding a mode of "Not for trade - never" so you don't see the pets in those groups in the trades).
Nao - Adult
They / It / He

Art by Niluna

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm always happy to trade with new or inexperienced players, feel free to send me trade suggestions :)
[ X ] My current collection & hoards thread.
[ X ] Looking for art thread.
Nao_CapyCan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Making a second account for storage

Postby Celozon » Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:44 pm

Having a second account isn't allowed for any reason, even if you don't intend to trade or adopt on the second account. I imagine that would just be too difficult to track extra accounts owned by users to make sure they are actually following the rules, since things like adopting monthly pets a second time and getting event pets/items on both accounts are going to be considered cheating, but as of right now there isn't any function (that I'm aware of) that would actually stop users from doing that (also sending a bunch of one-sided trades to another account on the same IP would almost certainly by flagged as multi-accounting). And just beyond the logistics of that I could also see users utilizing it to pretend they are two different people on the forums, in closed species, etc. There are way to work around these things of course but given the amount of labor needed to make it work smoothly, it would be better to just make modifications to the way a single account works to accommodate these things than inventing a whole new system for secondary accounts.

You might want to make a suggestion thread for some of these features. I believe there are already active suggestions for some of the things you mentioned (like multiple wishlists, better group sorting, etc) so it would be good to do a quick search in the suggestions board first to make sure there isn't already a thread for them. It might also be necessary to split the suggestions into multiple topics if they aren't really related (like if you wanted to suggest a secondary account and better sorting in groups, those aren't related so they should each get their own thread).
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Making a second account for storage

Postby Nao_CapyCan » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:04 am

Thank you for the response Celozon!
I checked the forums about some of these but since I was focused on making a new account instead of modifying the current ones (expect for my suggestion of the "storage account mod") I was wondering if it would be the same as the others had already suggested.
Nao - Adult
They / It / He

Art by Niluna

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................
I'm always happy to trade with new or inexperienced players, feel free to send me trade suggestions :)
[ X ] My current collection & hoards thread.
[ X ] Looking for art thread.
Nao_CapyCan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me