Problem with new pound changes!

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Problem with new pound changes!

Postby ChocolateGryphon » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:37 pm

Lately the pound for me has been filled with only pets from 2020 onwards, even after multiple refreshes. I get there right away within the first second! After multiple refreshes, there may have been only 2 pets per refresh that I saw that weren’t 2020 onwards. For reference, usually more than 2/3rds of each page is from pets older than 2020 in my experience. I know sometimes the rng is like that, but it doesn’t seem like a coincidence, and I’ve been playing for more than 10 years on and off so it’s pretty noticeable. They’re also all scattered and randomized, so maybe I was missing something there, but it seemed like a drastic difference.
It has been happening in the past week or so. I know they’re lowering the amount of pets in each opening and making some changes, but I don’t remember any change about the proportion of pet dates and rarities being so skewed to be super new. I just thought there would be less pets overall but still a general distribution. Is anyone else experiencing this?
If it’s just a couple batches to get rid of a lot of newer pets, that’s ok, but I wouldn’t want it to continue like this forever, because I feel like it’s definitely lowered the quality of the pound for me and it’s not as fun!
ImageImage
ChocolateGryphon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Problem with new pound changes!

Postby huskyhiccups » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:56 pm

I've also noticed this for a little under a week or so now.
I also usually get to the pounds early and refresh on time. I am usually able to grab something rare or at least uncommon. Lately, that is not the case. Almost everything is from 2019 or newer. I'll try to pay more attention in the next pound opening(s) and grab screenshots if I can.

It's also important, I think, to note that users have seen a % drop in rare+ in the pound openings since, I believe, April 10th. That information can be seen here: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=4928735
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

Image Image Image
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PansyPossum » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:16 am

...I know they’re lowering the amount of pets in each opening and making some changes, but I don’t remember any change about the proportion of pet dates and rarities being so skewed to be super new. I just thought there would be less pets overall but still a general distribution. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I don't have much to add here aside from also noticing this, as others have too. But I do want to point out, there hasn't actually been a change in the amount of pets in the pounds opening, they aren't lowering the amount of pets. The options in the current poll are increase it or keep it as is. No changes have been made there yet, but they wouldn't shrink it, only expand it.
Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day

You can see the pound rarity odds thread to see that the amount of pets are the same but the percents have differed.
Again, not much to add here, I don't know how to help with any of this, but just letting you know what the poll said.
he/they pronouns
Always open to trading my duplicates!
Pet's name: Lazlo
PansyPossum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kandria » Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:36 am

It is due to the changes posted here

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4948182

No longer are all the pets "dumped in" at once, they roll out in phases so someone showing up first or refreshing the fastest as soon as it opens doesn't' guarantee you'll see the oldest ones in there right away. I'm assuming the older ones are phasing in slower because there are less of them, so you'll see more of the "younger" ones first.
Kandria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby huskyhiccups » Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:04 pm

Kandria wrote:It is due to the changes posted here

https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4948182

No longer are all the pets "dumped in" at once, they roll out in phases so someone showing up first or refreshing the fastest as soon as it opens doesn't' guarantee you'll see the oldest ones in there right away. I'm assuming the older ones are phasing in slower because there are less of them, so you'll see more of the "younger" ones first.

It's not, though. I was having really great luck with these updates, but since about April 10th I have not.
ImageImage
Call me Mew or huskyhiccups! (she/her) ♡
I love
coffee, RuPaul's Drag Race, Smosh, Final Fantasy XIV,
Star Stable, The Sims, Kingdom Hearts, and Danganronpa!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
UR, OMGSR, & old store pet countmy listomy FR

Image Image Image
huskyhiccups

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me