We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby axes » Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:44 am

300 posts is a lot about a feature that is available maybe twice a day for 5 minutes
    ===== if heaven is full of people, then=====
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ------ ADULT - ART - MINECRAFT - THEY/HE -----

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
    ==== it will be exactly the same as earth ====
axes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:56 am

Darkcloud! wrote:COPPAs can't post in forums, so yes, the discussion here is going to be older adults. Kids under 13 are in school, often are in activities outside of school, and have time-restrictions on internet usage. Additionally, you must be 15/16 in some locales to access discord. Highschoolers/children on this site have about as much free time as a working adult, with the exception of summer/winter breaks (which often see kids having to travel/going to camps/other activities that take up their time anyways). The bot gives adult players, who already have access to advantages (money for c$, ability to form off-site groups to control trading and set prices...).... more advantage. So no, it's not available for EVERYONE on a site supposedly geared towards a playerbase of kids.

just because staff sort-of says it's fine, doesn't make it fair, doesn't mean it's not actively contributing to the pound problem that changing opening size/times won't fix.

But you’re still arguing for making the Pound less accessible.
    The only thing getting rid of the Pound pings would do is make less adults able to attend the Pound, it wouldn’t make it so that more kids could attend. So tell me how that’s better for anyone?
    And again, there is nothing you can do to stop people from being pinged for the Pound in Discord, because you don’t need a bot for that. Any person can do it. You might as well argue that you shouldn’t be allowed to use Discord at all if you play CS (which would be a ridiculous rule to try to enforce).
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
GREY - THEY/AE - CHRISTIAN

I'm genderfluid and so my secondary
pronoun may change, but my primary
pronoun will always be "they." Thx!

WRITER - LINGUIST - SUBTITLER

FlightRising
Pride PLUS
Pronouns Pg

𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚:

The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:01 am

Grey French wrote:
    The only thing getting rid of the Pound pings would do is make less adults able to attend the Pound, it wouldn’t make it so that more kids could attend. So tell me how that’s better for anyone?
    And again, there is nothing you can do to stop people from being pinged for the Pound in Discord, because you don’t need a bot for that. Any person can do it.

The pound is still perfectly accessible. This isn't a disability thing. Adults are responsible enough to play the way they expect the kids to: by checking the site manually.

And honestly, there's a pretty big difference between me telling my friends that the pound will open in 1 hr and 40 minutes and us having to set our own personal timers, and a bot that auto scrapes the time and rarest pets. That's clearly being made/done for one purpose, which other people in this thread have already touched on in better words than I can.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:16 am

Darkcloud! wrote:
Grey French wrote:
    And again, there is nothing you can do to stop people from being pinged for the Pound in Discord, because you don’t need a bot for that. Any person can do it.

The pound is still perfectly accessible. This isn't a disability thing. Adults are responsible enough to play the way they expect the kids to: by checking the site manually.

And honestly, there's a pretty big difference between me telling my friends that the pound will open in 1 hr and 40 minutes and us having to set our own personal timers, and a bot that auto scrapes the time and rarest pets. That's clearly being made/done for one purpose, which other people in this thread have already touched on in better words than I can.

And yet you still can’t tell me how getting rid of Pound pings would actually improve anyone’s game experience, so is it safe to assume it won’t?
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █

FlightRising
Pride PLUS
Pronouns Pg

𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚:

The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicnova » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:18 am

Darkcloud! wrote:
Grey French wrote:

Except... it is a disability thing. As I've mentioned before, I have ADHD. Without the pound bot, I'd never see the pound. And ADHD is very common. The Pound bot has auto reminders, so that we don't need to set a million alarms for it every time it opens. It's a tool that helps me and a bunch of other people. Maybe setting timers is easy for you, that's great. It's not easy for everyone.

It's also not irresponsibility. (Not that.... you have to be responsible to be able to check when the pound opens on chickensmoothie.com :lol: )

And as someone who has been on CS since pre-discord era I am not salty that I didn't have this tool for the pound as a kid, I'm just happy that we have it now. Eventually kids on CS will reach the age which they can access this tool, while banning it just makes it inaccessible to everyone. Like... they're not excluded from using it forever.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
───────────────────────────────
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

────────────────────────────
⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:20 am

Grey French wrote:
    And yet you still can’t tell me how getting rid of Pound pings would actually improve anyone’s game experience, so is it safe to assume it won’t?

Other users have already pointed out how it would reduce the lag, make those who attend the pound able to get pets without their first page being entirely taken upon loading in, and more. Please read the previous posts in this thread :)

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:23 am

Nicnova wrote:-snip-

Actually I think you made a point here. If people are upset with pound bot alerting when some people are using it because ADHD then I believe CS should make an accessibility update to constant have the pound/LAF time showing. That way everyone can access this accessibility feature that's only on discord. I myself have ADHD and believe if it constantly showed the count down that could help a lot of people. Thank-you for bringing this point up! :clap: This could be a wonderful update that way people don't even have to click pound to check the time anymore since people on Discord are already using the bot so they don't need to. Also CS could add it's own alert feature to maybe email you before pound. Then everyone gets to participate in this easier way rather than it just be Discord users.

Edit to clarify:

I mean CS could add a real time timer above "ADOPT" that is constantly showing the count down to LAF and Pound. This would make it easier on everyone because they will constantly be reminded since the timer will always be at the top of the screen.
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Grey Stuff » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:28 am

Darkcloud! wrote:
Grey French wrote:

Other users have already pointed out how it would reduce the lag, make those who attend the pound able to get pets without their first page being entirely taken upon loading in, and more. Please read the previous posts in this thread :)

It would reduce the lag for… who, exactly? The kids you mentioned earlier who can’t attend the Pound because they’re too busy with school?

Every single person who attends the Pound is contributing to the lag, not just the Discord bot users. The Discord bot users are also CS users, they shouldn’t be barred just for using a reminder tool?

And with regards to your point about pinging friends, I wasn’t talking about that. There are public Discord servers with thousands of members and a manual Pound ping to supplement the bot pings, so again, no, getting rid of the bot wouldn’t change anything.
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █
▐ █

FlightRising
Pride PLUS
Pronouns Pg

𝗦𝗘𝗘𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚:

The Grey Stuff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nicnova » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 am

Darni wrote:
I mean CS could add a real time timer above "ADOPT" that is constantly showing the count down to LAF and Pound. This would make it easier on everyone because they will constantly be reminded since the timer will always be at the top of the screen.

It would be so awesome if CS had something like this! I’m ngl, even with the pound bot reminder I still miss the openings sometimes because I’m so easily distracted. And I have the reminder set in multiple discords.

And, like I’ve mentioned before, a lot of users being online for the pound isn’t the problem. That’s a good thing! The site just needs to make updates to be able to handle the influx.
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
██ ▌
❝This world is made of...love and peace!❞
█████████████████████
┌────────────── [ ✰ ] ─┐
Hi! I'm Nico, feel free to message me
if you have any CS questions.
FR - Auction - trade? - ©
└─ [ ✰ ] ──────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

⤷. WANTED: VASH THE STAMPEDE
DEAD or ALIVE
𝟞𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘,𝟘𝟘𝟘.𝟘𝟘 $$

━━━━━━━━━━━--━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┈┈┈ ┈ ┈ ⤴︎
████████████████████████████████
Nicnova

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:37 am

Nicnova wrote:
Darni wrote:

It would be so awesome if CS had something like this! I’m ngl, even with the pound bot reminder I still miss the openings sometimes because I’m so easily distracted. And I have the reminder set in multiple discords.

And, like I’ve mentioned before, a lot of users being online for the pound isn’t the problem. That’s a good thing! The site just needs to make updates to be able to handle the influx.

EXACTLY! If people have an issue with a Discord pound bot then just make all those features that this pound bot does easily accessible. SO for instance:

Timer is added above the "ADOPT" section with a count down. You click it and see real time count down a bit bigger (some people cannot see super well that I've traded with in the past) and it can give you a direct link to the pound group that's upcoming. No one would be on an "uneven" playing field if all those things mentioned throughout this thread were super easily accessible to anyone. No more being mad at pound bot if the page that shows the time links to the pound groups. ALSO it could have a "REMIND ME" feature where it can set a timer or email you or something to alert you in case you forget (I'm forgetful).
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me