We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby duckblind » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:07 am

foxcloud19 wrote:I’m getting a little tired of people saying “it’s easy to check what’s in the pound.” Yes it is. The problem is, people don’t know about it. I only very recently found out you could do this. They do not advertise or explain that you can do this. They should either advertise this so new players can know to look as well, or take it out entirely. It’s not that it’s hard to find, it’s that it’s not obvious so people have no idea to even look for it unless they’re specifically told. I know you all probably don’t mean it this way, but it’s coming across as “it’s so easy, of course you all should already know how to do this.”

Agreed- I'm not saying that viewing the pets beforehand should be removed, but it should be more clearly stated so there's no possible way to miss it, just as a convenience. Multiple users in this thread only just found out because of the discussion and I think that definitely means it's not as easy it could be.

I also don't think it makes things 'unfair' when people view it, but again, it should be something that even brand new players can immediately figure out so everyone gets a chance to look, and I think its viewing time should be modified somewhat to offset the eventual lag that happens when a valuable pet appears in the folder (eg. Joker dog day).
Last edited by duckblind on Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
duckblind

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am

babyborgferret wrote:
himarry 124 wrote:Honestly I think their should be a pound or lost and found every 2 hours and lower the pound size to 500 make it so you can also accept 1 pet per pound. Or I think the pound should be just empty entirely

I would also like a situation like this.

I also would be in favor of this. I joined CS shortly before the 10th anniversary, and as a newbie I had no idea what pets were valuable and which ones were OMGSC, so pound openings were a full roulette to me and I didn't often get anything good. But then the 10th anniversary hit, and with it the small-pounds-every-20-minutes event, and it was SO. MUCH. FUN. Were the odds any better? Not really, but that was fine because I knew I could just try again soon.

I'm not saying they should do them THAT frequently again, but like, maybe the first week of every month could have small, more frequent openings, and the rest of the month would have the more standard openings. Maybe even with a few larger ones peppered in throughout the month?

also the l&f should have its cooldown halved but that's another discussion for another time
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cloverstream » Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:29 am

foxcloud19 wrote:
Cloverstream wrote:Okay to start. It’s not that hard to check what’s in the pound opening or set a timer for when the pound is. Literally anyone can do this. It’s not some secret advantage and it’s also pretty low commitment. Not to mention it’s fun to look at what’s in the pound and /hope/ you get a dreamy on your page. It’s still unlikely but it’s fun to try! It would ruin a lot of fun for me if I couldn’t see what was in the pound.(:

I’m getting a little tired of people saying “it’s easy to check what’s in the pound.” Yes it is. The problem is, people don’t know about it. I only very recently found out you could do this. They do not advertise or explain that you can do this. They should either advertise this so new players can know to look as well, or take it out entirely. It’s not that it’s hard to find, it’s that it’s not obvious so people have no idea to even look for it unless they’re specifically told. I know you all probably don’t mean it this way, but it’s coming across as “it’s so easy, of course you all should already know how to do this.” Also Cloverstream, this is not targeted towards just you, you were just the last person to say it.

I really don’t think it’s enough of an advantage to make a big push for “advertising“ it. It doesn’t change what pets you get, but for some it’s enjoyable to see. Thats it. What I'm saying is anyone can do it, and there’s no reason to be angry enough about it to insist others shouldn’t be able to because you didn’t know. I’m not sure i understand what you’re taking offense too. There’s all sorts of little things about almost any game that you learn over time, I don’t see it as a big deal. I mean if it’s upsetting to people and you want that somehow advertised I definitely don’t care enough to disagree, but all of this is off topic and a separate “issue”.

Also I do not like the idea of being given a random pet. It’s fun to pick my own even if it’s some random common.

Cloverstream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sm06sm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:28 am

I think the problem with seeing the pound pets is more the fact that if there's a big drop of rares+, more people run to the site, forcing those with worse connections/older devices to load even slower, not necessarily that seeing the pets is bad, but that it leads to other issues.
If I'm wrong on this, feel free to (POLITELY) let me know though!
Still think what we are doing now is fine for the pound drop size, but continuing on the discussion of an overhaul feeling needed.
sm06sm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ryomen » Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:31 am

Cloverstream wrote:I really don’t think it’s enough of an advantage to make a big push for “advertising“ it. It doesn’t change what pets you get, but for some it’s enjoyable to see. Thats it. What I'm saying is anyone can do it, and there’s no reason to be angry enough about it to insist others shouldn’t be able to because you didn’t know. I’m not sure i understand what you’re taking offense too. There’s all sorts of little things about almost any game that you learn over time, I don’t see it as a big deal. I mean if it’s upsetting to people and you want that somehow advertised I definitely don’t care enough to disagree, but all of this is off topic and a separate “issue”.

agreed. seeing what's in the pound has literally no bearing on what actually shows up in the pound for the users who checked. i check the pound every time and nothing i decided i wanted ever comes up lol. failing to see the "advantage" in that.
everybody's a little too worried about it when it's really just pure dismay that they didn't know they could do that. it affects the actual pound openings zero percent

sm06sm wrote:I think the problem with seeing the pound pets is more the fact that if there's a big drop of rares+, more people run to the site, forcing those with worse connections/older devices to load even slower, not necessarily that seeing the pets is bad, but that it leads to other issues.
If I'm wrong on this, feel free to (POLITELY) let me know though!
Still think what we are doing now is fine for the pound drop size, but continuing on the discussion of an overhaul feeling needed.

i don't know, i think trying to set the pound up in a way that attracts less traffic is counterproductive. imo the goal should be for more users to be able to grab something decent when the pound is open with a lot of users online, not to remove possible incentives to attend the openings
big fan of the guy with too many eyes and too many arms.
formerly sukunabae ✧.*
she/her | pisces
trades are always welcome ☽
ryomen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:40 am

My big question about the pound is not how many people get rares but how many people are actually seeing the chance to get rares or old pets.
Why are many people coming forward and saying that they never even see rares or old pets on their pages even with the new delayed release? When you pair that with the same people always getting rares or old pets at least every other pound, why is everyone not also seeing those pets on their page to grab?
What determines what a person sees on their page? How does the pound determine what to show us?

I don't really care about the amount of pets getting taken or how long it's open, but everyone actually getting to see and have at LEAST a shot at claiming two-three of the big value pets is something that's being called into question here.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:51 am

I almost never see rares, or at least not ones that are on my WL. I don't know how so many do.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Xauri » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am

adding my two cents on a few things, I'm a newer returning player and I didn't touch the pound much on my first time playing this game, but in coming back its been... something all right!

The current pound system is a first come first serve "get there on time or you lose" situation. The entire system seems flawed and should be looked at for ways to improve in ways other than just a larger amount of pets.
to combat issues of not enough pets, changing the delete button to "donate to pound" would really help that issue- why delete pets on a collection website? theres no reason besides not wanting another person to have it, which at that point- keep the pet??

some people will even claim rare pets from the pound to delete them, which instantly drop the pool of pets in the pound by quality and amount, leaving anyone whos late by even a few minutes to only duplicate pets and ones from the past year or so, while the other person gains literally nothing-.

releasing pets in waves instead of all at once, randomize where rares will be released on the page and in the releases instead of the top of the page in the first few minutes. This would help to counter the mass influx of users when the pound first opens(leaving anyone with a worse connection at a huge disadvantage)
I have seen 2 rares in the few weeks I've been back to playing, and i've missed out on both because I was beaten to click it in the first minute of the pound opening, despite waiting there eagerly for the last 5 minutes with my friends to try and get something.

the overall structure of how the pound works has been really unfriendly as a newer user and getting the chance at a rare pet should be for EVERYONE, not just the people able to camp and click fast enough :(

another idea - give a small reward of some kind for donating pets to the pound, higher rarities earn more of said reward
X-auri! Artist and Gremlin, new to CS :3

Open to trades! please be fair i am simply a worm
Looking for:
2023 camping possum
2019 fae mischief apparel set (mainly the plants)
Xauri

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlingBling » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:03 am

Supporting the following:

-Deleting the ability to check the pets in the next release! That'd also mean the discord bot should not be able to get that info. That means every opening will be a mystery and instead of people only being in it for an OMGSR they might take and appreciate anything cool they see

-Getting rid of the delete button and adding a send to pound button. How is a delete button any less lucrative to hackers? If anything it'd be moreso as they could add to the rarity of their own pets

-Shuffling pet locations! Getting rid of dates altogether would hurt newer users that haven't had a chance to learn everything yet, but shuffling gives a much easier playing field over folks just spamming the top left

Shawol - Monbebe - Carat - Insomnia
BlingBling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jointedwishes » Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:04 am

Xauri wrote:The current pound system is a first come first serve "get there on time or you lose" situation. The entire system seems flawed and should be looked at for ways to improve in ways other than just a larger amount of pets.
to combat issues of not enough pets, changing the delete button to "donate to pound" would really help that issue- why delete pets on a collection website? theres no reason besides not wanting another person to have it, which at that point- keep the pet??

i strongly agree with this point! imo i think being able to delete a pet is kind of dumb, like it says above it’s a collection website!! to collect!! somebody else could have that pet, and if the user really really doesn’t want it, then i think it should be sent straight to pound instead of deleted (especially since raising the # of pets shows it could be a problem in future if they run out ?? but i couldn’t imagine that happening)

i just think we could meet somewhere in the middle and increase the pets added by maybe 100-200 extras, instead of 500+ per pound opening

editing to say i love the idea of shuffling the order of pets, would make it seem more like the original idea (a pound, a place where you adopt a cute pet), over a internet luck draw where you spam the first pet on the page
jointedwishes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me