We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Angelx3 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am

Not Sure If i missed It while scrolling through The thread but:

A Lot of people Seem to be Missing that this is a Website that needs to make Money. If It Doesnt make Money It get's shut down simple as that.
How do you make Money? Sell in Game currency ( C$) and have other people advertise on your webpage.
So they want Traffic on their Site
-> C$ only get's bought in an active Trade Community
-> The Pound rewards people frequently checking in
-> someone who makes 5 Pound openings vs. someone who makes 1 Pound opening, has more chances
-> Its Always Dec 18. Theres a huge pressure to Not Miss it
-> 20 min / 1h Tokens: Refreshing Pages for that Low % Banner
-> Adoption Centers with First come First Server

People that reach The Banner Limit during Events early have an Advantage selling them for a good price, while those that barely got any at all cant sell much.

The more time you have to spend on this Website The Higher your Advantage becomes, this is Not unique to CS.
And Not unique to The Pound.

Any 'Solutions' that lower Site Traffic will be incredibly unlikely to be implemented.
Angelx3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby houndoom » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:14 am

i think the pound should be a fun little thing where you log on and you see that its on and you go oh cool one free pet and if its a rare awesome and if not oh no better luck next time

getting the real mathematicians on this thread (full respect to you guys i could never do it) to actually. do probability and statistics over pixel pets is! surely a thing!

anyway i think the pound openings should be adjusted according to average number of users online during a particular period of time. theres 400 users online in the morning my time, theres no point in having a 2k pet opening. there is however over 2k users on during some events, not even counting the pings given by server bots that bring in even more users for it. just. adjust the pound size based on common trends of online activity. ❓️

anyway everyone on this thread

Xxxx
lance | they/them
───────────────────────────
it's all we need to get better!
───────────────────────────
fr | bestie | sig art credit
houndoom

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:16 am

houndoom wrote:i think the pound should be a fun little thing where you log on and you see that its on and you go oh cool one free pet and if its a rare awesome and if not oh no better luck next time

getting the real mathematicians on this thread (full respect to you guys i could never do it) to actually. do probability and statistics over pixel pets is! surely a thing!

anyway i think the pound openings should be adjusted according to average number of users online during a particular period of time. theres 400 users online in the morning my time, theres no point in having a 2k pet opening. there is however over 2k users on during some events, not even counting the pings given by server bots that bring in even more users for it. just. adjust the pound size based on common trends of online activity. ❓️

oh that's a really cool idea, actually- that one hasn't been suggested yet and is something that could actually totally work and be implemented since CS has activity tracking and history of busy times.

yes please! i love eggs :3

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:21 am

After the last few pound openings, I'm not so sure about what I want anymore *facepalm*.

Smaller, more frequent openings are convenient for a lot of people since it allows you to skip without worrying, but I don't want the Lost and Found to be so rare >_< (and if we almost continuously have something open, whether it's the Pound or L&F, it kind of ruins the randomness of the concept).

That aside, the fact that this topic is causing such a huge debate among the community shows there is a serious unease and divide with the trading and collecting aspect of CS.

All in all, I don't think what will be decided matters. It's been around a year since things started to get quite tense, no matter what the devs do there will always be controversy.

*This was a useless message with no solution to the problem at all, I'm going back to munching popcorn if anyone want some*
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby superstars ☆ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:25 am

Gamezelle wrote:After the last few pound openings, I'm not so sure about what I want anymore *facepalm*.

Smaller, more frequent openings are convenient for a lot of people since it allows you to skip without worrying, but I don't want the Lost and Found to be so rare >_< (and if we almost continuously have something open, whether it's the Pound or L&F, it kind of ruins the randomness of the concept).

That aside, the fact that this topic is causing such a huge debate among the community shows there is a serious unease and divide with the trading and collecting aspect of CS.

All in all, I don't think what will be decided matters. It's been around a year since things started to get quite tense, no matter what the devs do there will always be controversy.

*This was a useless message with no solution to the problem at all, I'm going back to munching popcorn if anyone want some*

personally, i'm on the other, bigger, less frequent pound side, since i can go about my own thing for longer without needing to worry about missing anything! i'd still miss them anyway, but at least there's less to miss!

whatever happens, it's just a silly website with silly png images of animals! less pounds would also mean more l&fs, and i enjoy those quite a bit. easy way to get more leaves and scenery items! less people, as well.

thank you for the popcorn, by the way! ^^
me & you,
he-xe-they
⚡︎ Image Image ⚡︎
forever & ever!
i miss you
superstars ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bark » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:30 am

I'm on the fence on this one, I get both sides and genuinely don't know which is better in my opinion. ^^ So I'm mainly neutral.

I do agree with other's suggestions on another dec 18th (summer) and hiding the adopts group!
CS should do a 'christmas in july' if they do bring another dec.18th. Let's face it, the userbase is smaller compared to years ago, and not many pets are being adopted as it used to. A second one will genuinely help without pets loosing value overnight ❤️
bark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby superstars ☆ » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:35 am

bark wrote:I'm on the fence on this one, I get both sides and genuinely don't know which is better in my opinion. ^^ So I'm mainly neutral.

I do agree with other's suggestions on another dec 18th (summer) and hiding the adopts group!
    CS should do a 'christmas in july' if they do bring another dec.18th. Let's face it, the userbase is smaller compared to years ago, and not many pets are being adopted as it used to. A second one will genuinely help without pets loosing value overnight ❤️

ooh! i don't think i've seen much of either of these, but it seems like it'd be pretty useful! hiding the adopts group could keep bots from automatically showing everything rare and up.. and amount of people online for specific, high-value pets they see in the pound pet images could possibly lower. then bigger pounds wouldn't matter as much, other than during events-- and everything is pretty random! and the second december 18th isn't something i'd be against by any means.

more opportunities to collect more missing lions and spiders!

*i should specify, i'm not against these pound bots or images by any means. what i'm saying is if you see.. for example, a raven in the pound, more users would log on to have a chance at it, the pound would close much faster and some may be disappointed or upset. hiding the adoptions group would be pretty beneficial for this, i'd say!
me & you,
he-xe-they
⚡︎ Image Image ⚡︎
forever & ever!
i miss you
superstars ☆

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beautifulglitter » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:43 am

houndoom wrote:i think the pound should be a fun little thing where you log on and you see that its on and you go oh cool one free pet and if its a rare awesome and if not oh no better luck next time

This is a BRILLIANT idea, except... I think it would backfire massively because of things like discord. There might be 400 users actually *playing* CS at one time, but 800 more users might get a discord ping and flood in minutes to seconds from the pound opening, meaning there are way less pets than pound attendees. So the people who were there just doing their thing would still miss out. The only way to balance that would be to put some gate on where you have to have been logged in X min before opening in order to pull, but that doesn't seem fair to people who just happened to normally log in after the cutoff

Idk what the best solution would be- there doesn't seem to be an obvious way to make it fair for everyone:/ my gut is to make more openings with more pets and increase the cool down (does 3 hr really do anything??), but I'm not sure that's a good idea either. I'm not sure hiding pound pets is a good idea either- I remember when I was searching for a dreamie, I would always check pound stock and it was so exciting when the pet I wanted was in there. Never got it that way though lol, but it did increase my enjoyment of the feature anyways.
Want to get transparent pet images? Follow these steps!
  1. You must own the pet in order for this to work!
  2. Go to the Scene (My Stuff->Dressup Scenes)
  3. Create a new Scene
  4. Go to the Pets tab and find the pet you want
  5. Right-click the pet->Copy Image Address
  6. Post away!
beautifulglitter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxcloud19 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:55 pm

As fun as all that drama was, I’m relieved to see they went through and cleaned up the thread. But getting back on topic, even though I like the idea of having the pound open more frequently as opposed to less, I still voted for the change for no other reason than it’s change. Change is what this site needs and personally I’m willing to try anything to see what works. Just because I don’t think it’s necessarily the correct change, doesn’t mean I’m right. I would like to see what happens honestly. I still think the pound needs a complete revamp but maybe we’ll get there someday.
foxcloud19

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:25 pm

After another Pound opening, I would like to add another suggestion to the growing pile of proposals :

Remove the slow fading effect when loading a new batch of pets after clicking the refresh button.

As suspected, I just had a case of an old VR immediately appearing with the label "Already taken" (no, the message didn't pop after a few milliseconds, it was there the moment the pet started showing).

I'm aware I should just refresh the page instead of using the CS button, but it would be fairer to everyone I think ?
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me