We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Should we have bigger, less frequent pound openings?

Poll ended at Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:26 am

Yes - increase pound size to 1800 pets and open 1.7 times per day
35%
No - keep pound size at 1300 pets and open 2.4 times per day
65%

Total votes : 3234

Re: We need your feedback: Bigger, less frequent pound openi

Postby Adamented » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:48 pm

ryomen wrote:
Cloverstream wrote:I really don’t think it’s enough of an advantage to make a big push for “advertising“ it. It doesn’t change what pets you get, but for some it’s enjoyable to see. Thats it. What I'm saying is anyone can do it, and there’s no reason to be angry enough about it to insist others shouldn’t be able to because you didn’t know. I’m not sure i understand what you’re taking offense too. There’s all sorts of little things about almost any game that you learn over time, I don’t see it as a big deal. I mean if it’s upsetting to people and you want that somehow advertised I definitely don’t care enough to disagree, but all of this is off topic and a separate “issue”.

agreed. seeing what's in the pound has literally no bearing on what actually shows up in the pound for the users who checked. i check the pound every time and nothing i decided i wanted ever comes up lol. failing to see the "advantage" in that.
everybody's a little too worried about it when it's really just pure dismay that they didn't know they could do that. it affects the actual pound openings zero percent

Knowing what's coming and being able to recognize it in your pool when it shows up makes the world of difference, doesn't it? Is that not the whole point of checking what's coming, to find the valuable ones so you don't miss it if you get the chance at one? Newbies can't do that, neither can anyone who doesn't know this is a thing. That's a clear advantage.

[ ABOUT ]

Ada
AdamAddie
he / she / they

✦ ✦ ✦
[ MY STUFF ]
the gladewood
CLs / buzzies / wermz

[ LINKS ]
ImageImage @adamented

Art T.o.S.

[ SUPPORT SELECT BY RARITY ]
thread
Adamented

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:50 pm

The new update is good. I like not being needlessly redirected onto a new page and it's interesting to see that you literally have milliseconds to try to claim a pet.

However, there was a weird glitch where the first rare I have seen a long time was the *second* pet on the page, despite the first one being newer. This glitch made me miss it, and when I refreshed, the pets were in the correct order. Not sure why that happened.

semi-active, missed years 2012 and 2013 entirely- about halfway to catching up!
Looking to complete years 2011, 2014-16 and 2021-23!
Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:54 pm

In positive pound things, I really really love the live feedback on whether a pet has already been grabbed or not. Very helpful, please keep that as a feature!
Last edited by Silver Tiger~ on Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Elm » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:58 pm

Adamented wrote:
ryomen wrote:
Cloverstream wrote:I really don’t think it’s enough of an advantage to make a big push for “advertising“ it. It doesn’t change what pets you get, but for some it’s enjoyable to see. Thats it. What I'm saying is anyone can do it, and there’s no reason to be angry enough about it to insist others shouldn’t be able to because you didn’t know. I’m not sure i understand what you’re taking offense too. There’s all sorts of little things about almost any game that you learn over time, I don’t see it as a big deal. I mean if it’s upsetting to people and you want that somehow advertised I definitely don’t care enough to disagree, but all of this is off topic and a separate “issue”.

agreed. seeing what's in the pound has literally no bearing on what actually shows up in the pound for the users who checked. i check the pound every time and nothing i decided i wanted ever comes up lol. failing to see the "advantage" in that.
everybody's a little too worried about it when it's really just pure dismay that they didn't know they could do that. it affects the actual pound openings zero percent

Knowing what's coming and being able to recognize it in your pool when it shows up makes the world of difference, doesn't it? Is that not the whole point of checking what's coming, to find the valuable ones so you don't miss it if you get the chance at one? Newbies can't do that, neither can anyone who doesn't know this is a thing. That's a clear advantage.

The only advantage (leveling field) that i see here is FOR the newbies. Ive been on this site 10+ years. I know most of the rares if not all. So taking the option of looking at whats in the pound away is only going to hurt newer players. They can look in the pound beforehand and instead of memorizing 15k pets right away they only have to remember what a few look like (if they didnt add them to their wishlist.)

I agree that maybe its not known by the whole community, maybe they could add it to the “did you know” spot in the forums.

Elm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Juliamon » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:01 pm

Darkcloud! wrote:The new update is good. I like not being needlessly redirected onto a new page and it's interesting to see that you literally have milliseconds to try to claim a pet.

However, there was a weird glitch where the first rare I have seen a long time was the *second* pet on the page, despite the first one being newer. This glitch made me miss it, and when I refreshed, the pets were in the correct order. Not sure why that happened.

I figured this out recently--if a pet that was on the page stays on the page in the refresh, it gets moved to the top. So if you don't pay attention to ALL the pets on the page, you can't blind-click the first pet on the refresh!
she/they, adult
Juliamon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:05 pm

Juliamon wrote:I figured this out recently--if a pet that was on the page stays on the page in the refresh, it gets moved to the top. So if you don't pay attention to ALL the pets on the page, you can't blind-click the first pet on the refresh!

Huh, thank you, I didn't know that! I find it really odd that the pound is not showing a completely fresh batch of pets each time, and it's really unfair to shove a 2023 common in front of a 2009 pet (which also made the page slower to load, I might add.) 0/10 feature, would like it to never happen again, thank you.

Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buster2918 » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:18 pm

As it has been said, the pound is a redistribution system with the intent to give players of all skill levels the chance at a free pet. Rare or not, that is what it is for. I had a horrible few months of luck last year with not a single uncommon+ on the pound openings that I attended and I was frustrated, but I acknowledged that it is what it is. Recently, though, I've been more lucky. That's just the game. You win some and you lose some, and I think anyone who gets genuinely frustrated at not getting a higher value pet needs to take a step back and remind themselves that they won't always get a pet of value. The odds are stacked against us all. You got +1 pet (if you were on time to the pound), and 1 pet is better than no pet. If you don't want a free pet at all, then you are not required to attend.

Removing the ability to see pound pets adds no benefit for literally anyone. It only goes AGAINST new players. Newer players will now be completely unable to see the more rare pets available and know what to look for and have to strictly memorize the archives. Older/more experienced players are STILL at an advantage because odds are, they have memorized many higher rarity pets over the years. It IS easy to access the pound's pets, but it is NOT easy knowledge because there is no official text on the pound page linking players there. The only way people seem to find out is through forums.

I also disagree with the mention of being assigned a random pound pet, as many others have said (and I agree) they would rather pick a fodder/hoard/wishlist pet, or even just a pet with a design they like, rather than receive a pet they might not even want. The fact you can also delete a pet needs to be scrapped, in my opinion. Unless it secretly goes to the pound anyways.

Like I said pages back, I believe the best fix for fairness is to simply shuffle the pets on the pages if possible. The dates would still be visible for the sake of new players and old players alike, but now it's not just a competition of who has the better ping and we all actually HAVE to look around the page and not spam click the top left pet.
x
Imagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
╔═════╗
xxxxxx𝚜𝚑𝚎/𝚑𝚎𝚛
Imagexxxxx𝚊𝚍𝚞𝚕𝚝xxxxImage
xxxxxx𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚊
╚═════╝x

x
• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxx.𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚘! 𝙸'𝚖 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐
xx𝚌𝚢𝚋𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚊𝚗𝚊𝚕𝚢𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚊
xxxx𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚂.𝙾. 💜

x▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
xxxxxxxxxxxxImagexx©xxImage
Buster2918

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wired » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 pm

Buster2918 wrote:As it has been said, the pound is a redistribution system with the intent to give players of all skill levels the chance at a free pet. Rare or not, that is what it is for. I had a horrible few months of luck last year with not a single uncommon+ on the pound openings that I attended and I was frustrated, but I acknowledged that it is what it is. Recently, though, I've been more lucky. That's just the game. You win some and you lose some, and I think anyone who gets genuinely frustrated at not getting a higher value pet needs to take a step back and remind themselves that they won't always get a pet of value. The odds are stacked against us all. You got +1 pet (if you were on time to the pound), and 1 pet is better than no pet. If you don't want a free pet at all, then you are not required to attend.

Removing the ability to see pound pets adds no benefit for literally anyone. It only goes AGAINST new players. Newer players will now be completely unable to see the more rare pets available and know what to look for and have to strictly memorize the archives. Older/more experienced players are STILL at an advantage because odds are, they have memorized many higher rarity pets over the years. It IS easy to access the pound's pets, but it is NOT easy knowledge because there is no official text on the pound page linking players there. The only way people seem to find out is through forums.

I also disagree with the mention of being assigned a random pound pet, as many others have said (and I agree) they would rather pick a fodder/hoard/wishlist pet, or even just a pet with a design they like, rather than receive a pet they might not even want. The fact you can also delete a pet needs to be scrapped, in my opinion. Unless it secretly goes to the pound anyways.

Like I said pages back, I believe the best fix for fairness is to simply shuffle the pets on the pages if possible. The dates would still be visible for the sake of new players and old players alike, but now it's not just a competition of who has the better ping and we all actually HAVE to look around the page and not spam click the top left pet.

Yes yes yes +1 to this last sentence
She/her adult
PM me if inactive

Wired

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darkcloud! » Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:44 pm

Quick disagreement with the mixing up of pets on a page-
I have numbers dyslexia. If you put a 2024 pet next to a 2014 pet, unless I have the pet's image committed to memory or one is WL and the other is not, I /will/ mix those numbers up. It's fine being in order of release date. Oftentimes the pet I actually want is 3-4 pets in.

The pound shouldn't punish those with slower word-image processing disorders because the greed-rare-grab tactic is being abused. There's other ways to combat this, and I think the delay is a good first step, and should be taken farther by showing the rare pets to a wider pool of people at all times.

Darkcloud!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stealthxstar » Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:21 pm

with the wonky times the pound and lost and found open, i almost never bother with it. i would VERY much prefer set times 6+ times per day, even if it meant less pets. if there was a 1 pet per day cooldown instead of the 3 hour one then it could prevent campers as well.
stealthxstar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me