helloooo chickensmoothie [returning old user]

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

helloooo chickensmoothie [returning old user]

Postby Shaska » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:25 am

i'm back for probably no time at all but with all of the online games i've been active on, the forums have always been my favorite, so i figured i'd give a shot at what i'm pretty sure is my first post here in the? 14 years? i've had this account? LMAO

chickensmoothie just really isn't up my alley anymore (and trying to triage and figure out what's going on with my like.... 1000+ pets in categories made when i was 12 seems a little overwhelming) but it's still nice to see that the website is around and presumably doing well and primarily the fact that they haven't changed literally a thing since i remember joining lol. the fact that it looks exactly the same is mind blowing to me.

i'm not sure how active these forums are, but in the case someone does see this and decide to respond:
- is there any way to sort your pets by rarity/importance? ive got like a half dozen miscellaneous pets in unsorted, one of which is titled "omg so rare," and an absolutely absurd amount of categories-- some with hundreds of pets in them. i have absolutely no idea if anything i have is of value and i have no idea how to start finding anything that would be. i have a vague sense that i should maybe sequester some stuff away in the case i do decide to come back for realsies, but honestly, i might just leave everything in their raw straight-from-the-early-2010s glamour.

- similarly, is there a comprehensive group-viewer-editor page? is there any way to mass delete/rename/change trading settings on multiple groups, or is it done entirely one-by-one? i have no idea why so many of my groups have names in like, swahili or something. i am so so sorry to anybody that speaks swahili, i'm 99% sure it's all google translated kitschy phrases. i genuinely think i just thought it sounded cool.

- can groups that are set to no trades allowed or whatever still be viewed by others?

- unspoken trading rules?? please?? i was never very good at it (i was very much a child) but i do remember getting burned a couple of times-- one i still think about was one of the more in-demand pets, a rearing horse-type thing with multiple legs and white fire accents, that i traded for several "common" dogs without thinking about it. the thing was distinct and had a common name starting with an S, but i can't remember it. i might still be bitter. related to the former question, how do i know if i'm trading fairly? i vaguely remember some sort of capital-L List from the 2010s, which were specific pets with more unspoken rarity than others? is that still around/something to keep in mind?

- do rarities of pets come out the next month after they're released? i get the whole thing with not knowing until they're grown, but what about the PPS ones? i know it stands for something something Permanently Small or whatever, but they're not changing and still don't have rarities lol

- where can i find those little stamps yall have in your signatures. it's giving 2008 deviantart and i'm so incredibly here for it

- is there any way to see not necessarily all of the threads you've posted in, but the ones you've posted? "my posts" link just directs to a list of threads from like 2012 with hundreds of replies, one of which is apparently mine (unspecified, on an unknown page-- is there any way to see where your post specifically is too?)

- other pieces of advice please LOL

overall idk how active i'm gonna be on here (probably not so, i'm in college and finals are coming up in a few weeks lmao) but i'm excited to still have the account and i'm looking forward to probably dropping in more often now that i've officially made my forum debut :) i still like to drop in on my old accounts every once in a while, and i do still think of chickensmoothie every time december 18th rolls around, so i'll be in and out at the very least just to keep checking in on this relic!

PS: do they still have these insane messages before you trade a pet away? my inbox is untouched (i don't think i could access it with the COPPA restriction or something), including both the trade link to the above fire-horse incident and also a few of these LOL. lethal injection????? it's hilarious tbh but jesus!
Shaska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: helloooo chickensmoothie [returning old user]

Postby Eneco » Fri Apr 05, 2024 9:58 am

hello, im a returning adult player as well but i havent had my account nearly as long (⁠◕⁠ᴥ⁠◕⁠)
i can answer a few of these

- is there any way to sort your pets by rarity/importance?

i do not think so if you mean a way to auto organize them- they are automatically organized by date however, but otherwise i have groups for rarities that ive made myself.
small edit: you can add '&pageSize=(whatever #)' to the end of a url when sorting which makes it easier

- similarly, is there a comprehensive group-viewer-editor page? is there any way to mass delete/rename/change trading settings on multiple groups, or is it done entirely one-by-one?

the only thing i know of is if you're looking at a group, you can remove all the names of your pets by going into 'rename pets mode, and theres an option to remove all names

- where can i find those little stamps yall have in your signatures. it's giving 2008 deviantart and i'm so incredibly here for it

there is an option on your 'my profile' for editing stamp collections, you can choose from a wide list

and for the pound message, it does still exist. you should be able to go into your message settings and make a rule -
If Subject is like message from your pet | Delete message

hope this helps a bit ^^
Last edited by Eneco on Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eneco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Space Cadet Marz » Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:46 pm

Pet rarities are determined once all the pets from a month are finished growing I think, so you have to wait till the last pets adopted that month are grown before they can update the rarities, so it usually takes a month or so after the end of a month to get the rarity updates.

Your no trade (locked) groups can be viewed by people who go to your profile and look at your pet groups, but can't be seen from the trade group setting.

The horse you are describing with the multiple legs sounds like the red slephnir : Image This one??

Image Image

Space Cadet Marz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shaska » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:31 pm

eneco wrote:hello, im a returning adult player as well but i havent had my account nearly as long (⁠◕⁠ᴥ⁠◕⁠)
i can answer a few of these

[…]

hope this helps a bir ^^

thank you so much, i really appreciate it!! cringing at the fact that there aren’t any easy ways to mass sort pets/groups but thank u for the little url trick! :)

Space Cadet Marz wrote: The horse you are describing with the multiple legs sounds like the red slephnir

yes that was it LOL. i traded it along with the neon green sort of tribal lioness that i think has some sort of unofficial rarity (and some other stuff) for the purple winged PPS lion, which i ALSO don’t have anymore, and i have no idea when i lost that either LMAO. the joys of being 12
thank you for your help also!!!
Shaska

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sxtxrn » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:34 pm

theres a browser extension called chicken smoothie helper i use that allows you to do a few different things including what you described here!

lmk if you have any questions :3
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

mikey | gay | he/they | astrophys major
hi, im rarely on here. i love to code

[ toyhouse ] ▼・ᴥ・▼ ⋆。°✩ [ trade me ]

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sxtxrn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby See_Air_Ruhh_ » Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:45 pm

Oooo I also returned as an adult. Sorting my pets took FOREVER. I had to do it in spurts. 😅 Def don't suggest trying to do that on mobile (I primarily use mobile which is why I say this lol)

As far as the "List"- it's been discontinued; though alot of players seem to use Horrors Guide loosely. Which can be found here!

Though I mainly use that guide to find official pet names and then use the search function on theHow much is this pet worth thread and the VR and OMGSR successful trade thread; I find these very helpful as I never understood higher value trading until recently (even then I'm not sure I get it lol).

I also use the fair trade thread though this is can be personal opinion from other players. But still very useful.

Feel free to message me anytime! Welcome back to chicken smoothie 😊 hope to see you around!
See_Air_Ruhh_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me