Pound + Related lag

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pound + Related lag

Postby schlottis » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:11 pm

When the pound has opened for the majority of times since the update, it has had significantly worse lag. It takes longer to load any page on the website (in my experience) while the pound is open. There is also longer hang when you click a pet but it has been adopted.

I also had two errors today where I clicked to adopt a pet from the pound, it took a while to load, then it told me there was an error adopting that pet and to go back. The pet appeared as available and not taken, and it has happened on two seperate pets.

These last few days have been worse for the lag, though I am imagining with the Easter season that a lot more people have been online and it is taxing for the servers.

I like the pound update - I think it has broadly been a move in the right direction in regards to fairness for users, but the performance has seemed to suffer lately, at least on my account. Other sites are loading fine, so it is just CS.

Curious as to if anyone else is having the same problem.
schlottis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound + Related lag

Postby Aquella » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:06 pm

I have the same problem, when trying to adopt a pet the page takes forever to load to give me the message that the pet has already been adopted, I lose a lot of time to check for other pets available.
Aquella

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ferretjuice » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:07 pm

It will be the easter event
ferretjuice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:17 pm

The lag has been happening for a bit even without event! Here's another discussion thread about it that also includes people asking to know transparency of where c$ is going since there isn't very much transparency on that and if it goes to site improvement.

Address the pound lag + C$ sales transparency

Edit: Forgot to add that Nick has said he's working on updates, but not sure exactly what the updates are or when they will be done. We got one of them already from my understanding ?
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby schlottis » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:21 pm

Darni wrote:The lag has been happening for a bit even without event! Here's another discussion thread about it that also includes people asking to know transparency of where c$ is going since there isn't very much transparency on that and if it goes to site improvement.

Edit: Forgot to add that Nick has said he's working on updates, but not sure exactly what the updates are or when they will be done. We got one of them already from my understanding ?

Thanks for the link!

(I don't know how to lock threads but this can probably be locked now as there is a more suitable thread in your message.)
schlottis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Darni » Wed Apr 03, 2024 1:22 pm

schlottis wrote:
Darni wrote:The lag has been happening for a bit even without event! Here's another discussion thread about it that also includes people asking to know transparency of where c$ is going since there isn't very much transparency on that and if it goes to site improvement.

Thanks for the link!

(I don't know how to lock threads but this can probably be locked now as there is a more suitable thread in your message.)

It's all good I just figured I'd post that thread since I had bumped it again the last time I had bad pound lag :)
"Please do not trade with me to add to major hoards"

Darni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Fri Apr 05, 2024 7:47 am

I sort of agree with you on this. I used to not have much lag, but as my computer aged I had more and more. I don't get lag from the pound though, the worst I get is the images not showing. And I kinda hate this update, the pound is clearing in like 2 minutes now.
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me