Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby wifi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:28 pm

cool update!

are there any plans to implement this sort of distribution to the lost and found? not sure if it's even possible given the differences between pets/items but i was just curious :o
~~~~
~
┌────────┐

└────────┘
wifi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Moon Rulez #1 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:26 pm

wifi wrote:cool update!

are there any plans to implement this sort of distribution to the lost and found? not sure if it's even possible given the differences between pets/items but i was just curious :o

Was wondering this as well. All the recent Lost & Founds I've been at seem to have more items that aren't pieces? Even when I'm extremely late. Don't know if that's my luck or the same thing was applied to it as well.
The Moon Rulez #1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FauxFeather » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:08 am

Omg!!! I'll finally have a real chance to snag a shadow rat!!

This is the coolest update since the security 2FA
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Papercows » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:10 am

I think this is great!! 👍 I'm a returning player from years ago, been here for the last few months, and the pound has become BRUTALLY competitive compared to how it used to be imo. This makes it more fun than frustrating! Like if you're not hyper obsessed with getting the highest value pets etc and trying to have fun it's like a neat little gamble now to refresh and maybe get something cool or pick from your initial selection rather than being incentivized to click the first thing you see in the first second! I love it!
Papercows

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby QwrtyMan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 am

It's amazing to me that even after 10 year of using this site, it somehow just keeps getting better. Love it!
QwrtyMan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Tiger~ » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:42 am

I'm very glad to hear about this update! Over the past few years it's been very hard to find anything that I consider good in the pound, or even stuff from my WL, so I am hopeful this will make the pound less frustrating for me! I am so grateful that this site keeps getting improvements.
уσυ αяє ωнαт уσυ ℓσνє, ησт ωнσ ℓσνєѕ уσυ
SilverTiger on Eldemore
SilverChan on Flight Rising

𝐼 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓁𝑜𝓋𝑒𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓇𝓈 𝓉𝑜𝑜 𝒻𝑜𝓃𝒹𝓁𝓎 𝓉𝑜 𝒷𝑒 𝒻𝑒𝒶𝓇𝒻𝓊𝓁 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉
Silver Tiger~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:07 am

Yooooooo this is a great update!! :D Still rewarding coming in right away, but making internet speed less of a factor now that rare pets have to go through 2 layers of RNG at the start instead of 1! Thanks a ton!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kivr & fireflii » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:08 am

Glad for this!
-fireflii
kivr centers | fireflii signs
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ButterflyChaser » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:31 am

I still haven't gotten a chance to fully test the update.

The main issue I have is the same one I have with the pound on events, And that is if I am 3 to 10 minutes past the opening time I [removed] have to wait an hour to see the next countdown.

I got part of the earlier opening. Guessed that I missed the opening by roughly 8 minutes which was long enough to only leave about 350 recent commons. The 5pm (my timezone) I completely missed, but I could guess it was by 10 minutes by the pound thread.
(In real life I feed my cat at 5pm, so I would likely have missed it regardless, because it looks like it emptied out in the first 60 seconds of the rare pets)

So it looks like for those of us who aren't constantly on the site it will be more phone timer gymnastics to assure the success of getting a pet.

It looks like I not only have to set a timer within the 2 hour range, but set a repeated reminder to check every 2 to 3 hours, just so I can catch the countdown and be there to hammer the F5 button at the 60 second countdown anyway.

‐----

Bottom line I don't think the update accomplished its goal. It still has the issue of people needing to be among those first 50 to 100 at the opening to snap up a rare before someone snipes it from you.

I think the staggered releases is a good start, but the timing between releases may need increasing. Instead of page by page, maybe the intervals can be spaced out by 60 seconds or longer. I think the aim should be to have the pound still offering rare pets 10 to 15 minutes of opening and close or run out of pets in about 30 minutes. 5 to 10 minutes from open till closed is still not ideal.

EDITED: I truly meant Sorry out of luck. That was my actual intention. I don't understand why that was swearing!
Last edited by ButterflyChaser on Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Looking for: Halloween 2019 pets. I have tokens but missed the trade in times due to no internet access the end of October.
ButterflyChaser

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shooting Stars » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:14 am

I've been to a few pound openings since the update, and I haven't noticed much improvement.
Yeah, there are older pets on each page, but every time I'd try to snag something (practically instantly after refresh), I find what I wanted plus half the page already taken. I have pretty fast internet, but maybe I'm still not fast enough.

I had also hoped this new distribution would've made the Pound slightly more mobile-friendly, but in my experience, no. I'm stuck on mobile a lot, and I generally skip pound openings on my phone since I know it's gonna be a waste of time.
But if it is helpful to others, then I'm glad to see it ^^

♫ Currently living on the air in Cincinnati ♫

| xxx |
Featured Song: Please Mr. Postman - The Marvelettes
Shooting Stars

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me