Updates to the pound!

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Updates to the pound!

Postby XxFlamepoolxX » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Nick wrote:Because everybody's online for the event there's many more people adopting from the pound, so it's been running slower and emptying quicker than normal. This happens with every site event, and the new gradual release system hasn't changed that. I've now bumped the size of the pound up from 1300 to 2000 for the duration of the event so it'll take a little longer to empty out.

Today I discovered a bottleneck that was makng the adoption process much slower than it needed to be, and that was slowing the whole pound down as a cascade effect. That fix is in now, so we'll see how much difference it makes in the next opening.

If it's still running slow I'm going to add a new system in there for managing the pound release which would aim for serving 10,000 requests per second, which would be enough for instant responsiveness.

Thank you for listening to our inputs and doing your best to help with the issue without causing others. Great moderating Nick 😊
I’m eager to see the results
Image Image

GRAB BAGS & RARES FOR C$

Selling TH characters HERE
XxFlamepoolxX

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joe Kerr » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Nick wrote:Because everybody's online for the event there's many more people adopting from the pound, so it's been running slower and emptying quicker than normal. This happens with every site event, and the new gradual release system hasn't changed that. I've now bumped the size of the pound up from 1300 to 2000 for the duration of the event so it'll take a little longer to empty out.

Today I discovered a bottleneck that was makng the adoption process much slower than it needed to be, and that was slowing the whole pound down as a cascade effect. That fix is in now, so we'll see how much difference it makes in the next opening.

If it's still running slow I'm going to add a new system in there for managing the pound release which would aim for serving 10,000 requests per second, which would be enough for instant responsiveness.

thank you so much for the update, this is great to hear.
i look forward to seeing if the changes help the responsiveness
at all. i imagine the event does make things run a bit slower.
desperately seeking a long-standing
dreamie, willing to overpay to a degree
or pay in c$
Joe Kerr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby not zinnia » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:31 am

This is so cool! I can't wait to see how this next Pound plays out for everyone. The increase in number of pets is exactly what I thought was needed during events; it's so cool to see that actually be implemented. Plus addressing the bottleneck effect you found!

The work you do for us does not go unnoticed! Thank you!!
β€œLove does not make me gentle or kind.” β€”Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red

Art Shop β€’ TH
not zinnia

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby incognito! » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

This is great news! I kind of assumed the pound lag was due to the event, but the bottleneck you describe is something I definitely feel like I encountered during the pound both prior to the event and during the event. So it will be exciting to see the change and hopefully make for a better Pound :)
      ImageImageImage

avatar art by my wonderful sister Cygnus,
      check out her gallery!

she/her | adult | med student
incognito!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennethan » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 am

its much better now, thank you for looking into it!!

hi im kennethan
he/they β˜† adult β˜† audhd
art shop
the boyf-riend
kennethan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Clayflower. » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:08 am

i didn't get any lag this time - hopefully it's the same for everyone else! thanks for fixing it!

β™‘ trade center
β™‘ says "dude" too much
β™‘ DC - Clayflower
β™‘ M β€’ 2/13/2022
Clayflower.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragonmaster11 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am

you and all the staff on here really are incredible, i've never known of any site or online community to listen to and genuinely try to fix problems that the userbase point out as fast and as brilliantly as you all do <3 once again proving why this will always be my biggest happy place
i hope you all know that the work you do for this game is incredible, and we all appreciate you so much <3

Also, the Pound lag was so much better for me this time!
BLACK LIVES MATTER.

lukey β€’ he/they β€’ furry β€’ adult β€’ no fixed abode traveller (UK) β€’ funghi forager and enthusiast

β€”> πŸ’œmy trading thread!!πŸ’œ <β€”

ImageImageImage

pic in avatar drawn by defresh!
dragonmaster11

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gamezelle » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

Thank you so much for the fix !

Even with 1500+ people online, this pound opening didn't lag as much (refreshing is still a bit slow to load new pets correctly)

I'll wait to see if it's still hell during rollover, but this looks promising.

Awesome work and thanks again for addressing the situation ^_^
Gamezelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sashtato » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:19 am

I hadn't seen this response, and I logged on suuuper late to the pound today, so I thought the lack of lag was due to the pound being almost over but it sounds like it was just better than normal! I'll be anxious to see an opening start to finish now!

ImageImageImageImage
I may be slow to respond or
get anxious over certain messages
or posts, I apologize in advance!
ImageImageImageImage

β€’β…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β…βœ¦β…βœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β…β€’
My sister in law <3
My best friend <3
My Husband <333
β€’β…β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€βœ§β…βœ¦β…βœ§β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β…β€’

Nelinha | She/Her | Adult | Sped Para | Disabled

Sashtato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pallastronomy » Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:20 am

I was late to the last opening but even then there were lots of pets left and I had considerably less lag, thank you for addressing things!
My TFO Lab β˜… My Magistream Scroll β˜… My Protochroma Profile

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageMeowdy!ImageImage
ImageImageYou can call me Azure, Celeste, Elijah, or Koshka, and I’m an artist, animator, writer, and government certified moron. Feel free to drop in and say hi! I don't bite!ImageImage

Signature decor by Martith, Crasty-For-Life, King-Lulu-Deer, mairu-doggy, stardust-palace, RenIrako, Drawn-Mario, and peachkonpeito on DeviantArt! Go check em' out!
Pallastronomy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me