Issue with the pound

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Issue with the pound

Postby P1nkStrawberryBurst » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:08 pm

I have good internet connection, so why is it that whenever I click on the pound right as it opens. I am left with pretty much only 100 pets? Whats going on?
P1nkStrawberryBurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Issue with the pound

Postby Celozon » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:44 pm

I don't use the pound much myself but from what I've seen this is pretty normal. It seems to be mainly due to the creation of discord bots which can notify people right before the pound opens by pinging them on discord, as a result there are usually several hundred users logging in and accessing the pound right away when it opens. This means that pets get adopted out very quickly. It also results in some severe lag when trying to access the pound page due to the unusually large number of people trying to access it at the same time. Unfortunately there isn't much that individual users are able to do about this, its just due to how the pound works and the fact that people can now be pinged when it opens (before discord bots it emptied at a much slower rate).

There is currently an update to the pound being worked on by the admins, but no details have been released on that yet so we don't know if it will help with this problem or not (presumably it will though). We should hopefully be seeing some updates on that soon, I'd suggest keeping an eye on the site news and announcements board for that.
ImageImage
Celozon
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:45 pm

I know what you're talking about! And yeah, the main issue the the pound bots. While they're helpful they cause the pets to go fast. I just sent myself a reminder on my phone :)

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝
Madel

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby skylark » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:51 pm

I'm curious how many people rely on Pound Discord bots. I've tried one before, and the only one I know of no longer has a working auto-ping function-- you have to manually ask it to remind you at a certain time each time you see the pound is going to open (ex. "remind me in an hour"), exactly like just setting an alarm for yourself, so I don't find it useful. I think cs users just are really hawk-eyed about the pound lol!
skylark

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halcyoncreature » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:54 pm

skylark wrote:
    I'm curious how many people rely on Pound Discord bots. I've tried one before, and the only one I know of no longer auto-pings-- you have to manually ask it to remind you at a certain time (ex. "remind me in an hour"), exactly like just setting an alarm for yourself, so I don't find it useful. I think cs users just are really hawk-eyed about the pound lol!

ive seen some that do actually link up with the pound automatically but give it at specific timestamps like "the pound opens in five minutes". Personally i just check it and make a mental note, and if its going to open relatively soon i'll set a timer & refresh the page a few times at the last 10-20 seconds.

ℍ𝕖/𝕙𝕚𝕞
𝕀 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕗𝕣𝕖𝕖 𝕡𝕝𝕒𝕘𝕦𝕖
𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕓𝕚𝕣𝕕 𝕗𝕒𝕔𝕥𝕤
𝕦𝕡𝕠𝕟 𝕣𝕖𝕢𝕦𝕖𝕤𝕥 :𝔻

<-- 𝙲𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚏𝚛𝚘𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎!
𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝙲𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕 -->
halcyoncreature

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby P1nkStrawberryBurst » Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:49 pm

Madel wrote:I know what you're talking about! And yeah, the main issue the the pound bots. While they're helpful they cause the pets to go fast. I just sent myself a reminder on my phone :)

So it was the bots!? That cannot be fair to people like me who don't have a Discord!!
P1nkStrawberryBurst

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madel » Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 am

P1nkStrawberryBurst wrote:
Madel wrote:I know what you're talking about! And yeah, the main issue the the pound bots. While they're helpful they cause the pets to go fast. I just sent myself a reminder on my phone :)

So it was the bots!? That cannot be fair to people like me who don't have a Discord!!

Thats a fair point. I don't join CS discord servers, so I have it in a private server for myself.
You could always set timers for yourself, too!

╔══════════════════════╗
Mads | He/It | Adult
✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
Wildlife scientist working in
animal rehabilitation and
rescue. I'm often busy with
work but feel free to DM or
trade me regardless!
Always looking for
macaws, dragons, and wl pets.
Image Image
╚═════════════════════╝