Pound questions

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Pound questions

Postby FauxFeather » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:09 am

Is there a reason we can't see what pets the Pound has?? Is it because it takes wayyy too long to load all 843528 pets, or is it for privacy/anti-cheating reasons? (Lol how many pages would that even fill?)
And if the Pound has 843528 pets (at the time of me writing this), why does it always say that there are only 1100-1500 pets whenever it opens?

Who decides the selection of pets that go up for adoption?

When the pound opens, does the selection move from "Unsorted Pets" to the "Adoption" group?
…ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ.. Image Image #LOVEBERKSHIRE (collecting ≠ hoarding)

I wanna collect all pets from 2014 onwards, and all rats from every year.
Give me advice/feedback/criticism on my art!!
Fun fact (I'm freaking hilarious)
also click these stamps for a stamp guide.
ImageImageImageImage

Do NOT trade me. I am on a CS break for the foreseeable future. I shall only log on for finishing my current pending commissions on Oekaki, do NOT send me trades.
Update: I won't be on for longer than I thought.
FauxFeather

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound questions

Postby Barb_ » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:15 am

Those are really good questions, I've always wondered how the pound works as well. I tried to load the unsorted pets and it bounced me back to the empty adoption group.
Barb_

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Pound questions

Postby axelandria » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:25 pm

The reason the Pound's pets are hidden is to help prevent cheating. People would look into the groups to see what valuable pets were there and then could grab them easier.

The pets in the "Pets without a group" are all of the Pound's pets, and they get moved to the "Adoptions" group when the Pound is about to open. I am not entirely sure, but I believe it is random what pets are chosen to go in the group. And it can't have all the pets because then the Pound would be open for a long long time, and then there wouldn't be enough pets for the next opening!

𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨𝘴 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦,
xxx𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘴

xxx
call me axel (she/they)
adopt a newbie
toyhouse
listography

axelandria
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist