Question/Discussion about pet worth?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Question/Discussion about pet worth?

Postby ♥kittyfaith2210♥ » Thu Feb 01, 2024 5:56 pm

This is not affiliated with the "how much is this pet worth thread", this is a general thing I'm confused on site wise. My confusion lies on how people value a certain UR pet, which is older than another yet worth the same rarity wise, as less than the other trade wise. It doesn't make much sense to me, or maybe I just don't understand the demand system anymore but it's generally confusing to me.
Birthday - Jan. 29th
♥kittyfaith2210♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Question/Discussion about pet worth?

Postby guqqi » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:00 pm

Older URs have a chance of being adopted on Dec 18th every year but the newer releases are only available that one time until the next few Dec 18th pulls raise the population of that "new" UR. So in a nutshell, the new URs are found in less numbers than the old ones, thus being rarer. On a smaller note, the general census on a pet can drastically change purely based on how much a design is liked!
aka BlueAuraz/Baloo.

she/her | wife | ICU nurse
deviantArtToyhouse
"Art Status"
Commissions:

CLOSED

guqqi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Question/Discussion about pet worth?

Postby ♥kittyfaith2210♥ » Thu Feb 01, 2024 6:10 pm

guqqi wrote:Older URs have a chance of being adopted on Dec 18th every year but the newer releases are only available that one time until the next few Dec 18th pulls raise the population of that "new" UR. So in a nutshell, the new URs are found in less numbers than the old ones, thus being rarer. On a smaller note, the general census on a pet can drastically change purely based on how much a design is liked!

It's just genuinely confusing to me when, technically the UR I have is "newer", but it isn't equal to other "newer" ones either. I know design also plays a part in it, but the UR is considered less than other URs which have similar designs (ie: food ones) which also confuses me I guess
Birthday - Jan. 29th
♥kittyfaith2210♥

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me