Information question

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Information question

Postby gravy » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:27 pm

I was looking through the thread “report missing archive pets/errors etc here” and found this interesting post
(Quoted post is from 2010, so it’s pretty old)

Coalchaser wrote:
Shadows wrote:Is the two bananas something wrong or was it realeased both years? Also I have noticed moonflight is really fast! :D

It's because even though it's the same lineart, it was accidentally marked as a pet twice. Therefore, if you have a banana, it will be recognized as one of the types but not the other. If only one of the bananas was kept in the archive, half of the people that have bananas would supposedly not have bananas.

Does anyone know what this means? I’m thinking I could add it to my CS history thread if it’s interesting enough. Did there used to be 2 different UR bananas (same design& lineartbut different pet IDS)

I checked the archive and only found the UR banana once, so I’m very curious as to how/when they fixed this or if it was never fixed and I just didn’t check hard enough

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Information question

Postby Aurora Storm » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:33 pm

Hiya! This was an archive issue back in 2010-2011 when there were two "different" UR Bananas in the archive. While they were exactly the same pet, the archive system did not recognise them as being the same pet - so someone could have "You own this pet" next to one and not the other. From memory, there was one under December 2008 and one under Christmas 2009 (I don't think the "Special Releases" tab in the archive existed back then).
    The issue was fixed in mid-2011, here's some throwback mentions of it if you did want to include it on your CS history thread ^^

From the Pet & Item Archive thread in 2010:
    Tess wrote:Known problems (please don't re-post them):

"It says I don't have the banana but I do" - this problem will always be there, although there are no visible differences between the bananas, there is actually more than one 'kind' of banana out there. It is not intentional and the bananas are identical in every way - it's just the way our system works. It'll always recognise them as seperate pets. It doesn't mean that your banana isn't a real banana, it just happens to have been adopted at a different time to the one we archived.

Help thread March 2011: Change in Banana's Status in Archive?

Help thread May 2011: Wishlist Problem

Help thread June 2011 (and Nick confirming the issue was fixed): banana?
    Nick wrote:Those two identical variants of the banana have been merged together now, so that problem has now been fixed :)
╔═ · ✧ · ════════════════════╗
guide to cs rarities | trades | need help?
╚════════════════════ · ✧ · ═╝
Aurora Storm
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me