Doors Thread - is it allowed?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Doors Thread - is it allowed?

Postby Viiperfang » Mon May 29, 2023 8:16 am

so i know that mass-gifting threads aren't allowed anymore due to a number of complaints

i was wondering if a doors thread would be allowed since it's not a mass gifting thread, but it also breaks the rule of only having the thread owner giving out gifts. i was just wondering if this would be allowed, following the 'classic' rules, or if the stipulation was that the op of the thread has to be the one to write the doors and give out the gifts?

what is a doors game?
a doors game is where one person has a set of three 'doors' that people can claim. behind each of these doors is a prize, and whomever gets the "best" prize (set by the OP of the thread) they then write the next set of doors.

example round:
the host wrote:door one is taller than the clouds and is embedded with glimmering jewels.
door two is made of ornate dark oak and golden gilded designs that seem to move before your eyes.
door three is unassuming, a solid cherry-wood slab with a brass knob that shocks you when you reach for it.

a wrote:can i take door two?

b wrote:I want door One!

c wrote:Guess I'll take door 3 then

the host wrote:when you open door one you find a host of things you didn't already have. you got: [prizes]
door two lead to a dark room, where something was glowing in the middle. you take it. [prizes]
door three revealed nothing of interest, except someone sitting and waiting for you. they say they can help you with your problems, if you allow them to accompany you. [Good Prize]
person c is the new host.

and so on and so forth.

if this has been asked before then i am so so sorry
i'm gone.
Viiperfang

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Doors Thread - is it allowed?

Postby Burrito Bunny » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:09 am

Hi there,

This concept would be allowed but only one person would be allowed to give out gifts. You would not be able to require the winner to continue the game. Rather you would have to reset it yourself.
Burrito Bunny
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me