CS iceberg

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

CS iceberg

Postby gravy » Sun May 28, 2023 6:15 am

https://icebergcharts.com/i/Chicken_Smoothie

Super interested in some of these entries such as
“Sell chicken smoothie thread” “duplicate 08 rat” “mysterious permission slip” “deerskin outfit” “anthrocon”

There’s a lot I do know about such as “Renna”, “CS Mall”, “Cake contest”, “Traced linearts” etc

If anyone has ideas for what some of the entries are talking about that would be super awesome! I love learning CS history especially not well known history.
Feel free to share some interesting historical CS facts that aren’t listed as well:)

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS iceberg

Postby gravy » Sun May 28, 2023 6:25 am

Found the old “sell chicken smoothie” thread

Forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=4384071

Super interesting to read users thoughts on it

ImageHello my names Jake!Image

signature art made by Surfhell
gravy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CS iceberg

Postby Lennie » Sun May 28, 2023 9:12 am

Here is some insight into a few parts of CS history, as listed above!

Duplicate '08 Rat:
    There is a rat that appears in the archive twice because it was released on two separate occasions in 2008 - not as a re-release. The Brown Hooded Rat can be found in both July 2008 and Christmas/Advent 2008. As for why this pet appears twice, I recommend reading the in-depth explanation provided by nickjr on the "Guide: Extended Release Pets".

Mysterious Permission Slip:
    This wasn't anything particularly major, this actually refers to an announcement that Nick made back in 2011 sharing that he had received a signed COPPA permission slip (to allow a COPPA user to have their COPPA restrictions removed) from someone that hadn't included a username on the slip. While we don't know anything for certain, hopefully whoever the slip was for was able to get everything sorted!

Deerskin Outfit:
    Rather than type out a full explanation, I will go ahead and post a quote from Tess in June 2020 where the item in question was officially renamed and a trade-in option was presented. I think it provides a fuller picture than my rephrasing would!
    Taken from the Black Lives Matter announcement thread:
Tess wrote:We would also like to address an issue regarding an item we released in Halloween 2010. This was named “Native American Costume” and was intended to be a representation of traditional Native American clothing. However, members have pointed out that features of the outfit are culturally inaccurate, and feel that it was an inappropriate theme for a costume. We have many cultural themes in our pets and items on CS, and make an effort to be culturally accurate and respectful, as the intention is to celebrate these cultures rather than to dismiss their significance. Our views have grown and changed over the years, and we acknowledge that this release is offensive to some users today. However, we are also aware that the item has trade value on CS, so deleting or changing it would have an impact on the users who have owned or traded it. We have renamed this item to “Deerskin Outfit” to reduce the racial connotation.

If anyone owning the Deerskin Outfit wishes to have it exchanged for a different outfit of similar value from Halloween 2010, please visit this page to trade it in.

The linked trade-in above is still active, if anyone happens to be interested in making a swap! ^^

Anthrocon:
    In June 2012, a number of CS Staff members including Tess and Nick attended Anthrocon in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA). This occasion included the production of some merchandise for CS (as seen later in the CS Mall). You can read more about the Anthrocon event here and here. I will note that a number of the links in the forums I just linked are now dead links, but they provide some general insight into the occasion!
|x|x|x┌─────────────┐
|x|x|x|x|they / he | trades
|x|x|x||||||||||||||cs help
|x|x|x└─────────────┘
|x|x|||"the hunt is everything,
|xand the pack is always ready
"
Lennie
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist