Mass gifting thread?

Need help with the site/forum/pets? Ask questions and get help from other members here.

Mass gifting thread?

Postby Juliette06 » Thu May 25, 2023 8:27 am

Hi!

Many moons ago, I was part of a thread on Wajas called 'Generosity Reloaded', wherein the concept was everybody gave and everybody received gifts (you kept 'score' in your sig and had to give before you could receive, and tried to keep your giving/receiving somewhat even, or not, for people who just really loved giving gifts). You could post guidelines ("I love xyz pet" or "Please no abc items"), but not anything overly specific, since that counted as begging for pets, if I remember right. I was thinking about how fun something similar would be on CS, but I checked the rules, and it says that threads where you "gift the person above you" are not allowed. I was wondering why that was, and if a thread like what I'm describing (not technically limited to the person directly above a poster, just the whole thread in general) would fall under that rule. I don't want to cause problems - I just want to make a space for generosity! It was a great community during the time I was there, and I'd love to bring it here and make some friends and so on.

Thank you for any guidance!
ImageImage

Back for the first time in Literal Years. Tryna catch up. Look at my trade thread to see what I'm missing, or just Trade my Doubles for my WL pets!

Collecting ALL the bunnies! Only about 150 to go!!

ImageImage

I'm 46218 on Wajas & Juliette06 on FlightRising, and I'm always looking to trade CS/FR for Wajas currency/items!
Juliette06

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mass gifting thread?

Postby Zeena » Thu May 25, 2023 7:23 pm

Hey there,
We don't allow mass gifting games like the one you described since we've run into issues with them in the past. It would be unfair if a user didn't play by the rules meaning someone would then miss out. Unfortunately we only allow the topic owner to give out gifts. If you want to give out free things you can always make your own adoption center. You can also randomly give users gifts if you wish to spread some generousity!

.....Need help?About Me
Zeena
Admin Assistant

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mass gifting thread?

Postby Juliette06 » Fri May 26, 2023 10:14 am

That makes sense. I don't mean to push back, but I guess I still have my question, though. With how I'm remembering/imagining it happening, even if someone 'didn't play by the rules' and didn't gift someone, the person who 'should' have gotten their gift would still have the chance to receive gifts from someone else, if that makes sense? Especially if a rule were that a person has to give a gift & post proof of trade, at least for the first time around, before being able to receive a gift? Since it's not limited to just the person above you and anyone could gift anyone in the thread? Of course people could lie and say they'd given more gifts than they had actually given/received less than they had, but I don't recall that being an issue way back in the day...
ImageImage

Back for the first time in Literal Years. Tryna catch up. Look at my trade thread to see what I'm missing, or just Trade my Doubles for my WL pets!

Collecting ALL the bunnies! Only about 150 to go!!

ImageImage

I'm 46218 on Wajas & Juliette06 on FlightRising, and I'm always looking to trade CS/FR for Wajas currency/items!
Juliette06

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me